Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4607957 - 09/08/22 12:27 PM Anyone else think so?  
Wodin Offline
Wodin  Offline

Liverpool
OK when watching my bus being flown by the AI and it's in a dogfight it seems odd that a good portion of shooting even though aimed straight at the enemy the enemy seems to fly through it without one hit. It's like the bullets in between the tracers aren't being counted. Is this just how it was, that planes could flythrough a burst of fire and manage not to be hit? I think if that was happening on less occasions I'd feel right about it but as it seems to be the case more often than not I'm not sure, so just wondering if maybe bullets in between tracer rounds aren't being counted.

ALso what's the fix for when custom skin settings isn't taking and it just keeps using last skin before issue started. I just updated the user made skins and now it's just using the skins I had picked pre update. I think it was something to do with skin setting in quick missions or something?

#4607979 - 09/08/22 04:38 PM Re: Anyone else think so? [Re: Wodin]  
jerbear Offline
jerbear  Offline

I see some wierd things. WOFF is kinda touchy about skins. Like any other program, the more things you add and the more things you mess with, the glitchier it gets.

I mess with the skins all the time so I expect it to get bitc*y sometimes.

I get things like, flight B will be the right skins and blight A will have the squadron default for some other unit. Sometimes half the skins will be the squadron default and half the correct ace skins, then next mission it's the same, except I get the other aces and the ones from before are the default. When I use any of Richthofen's skins as a personal skin, then use another pilot in another Staffel, I get Richthofen as a ghost visitor in that Staffel. I think though, that this is just his ghost being Pi**ed off at me. You know how he is?

And then sometimes, actually most of the time, everything is fine.

I usually works to get out of the sim and maybe even restart my computer, then it quits giving me grief.

For problems with a particular skin there are suggestions in the ReadMe for my Mods and in Robert Wiggin's Mod ReadMe that can help. Usually just re-doing the label on the skin will fix it.

Like I said...touchy.

Jer

#4608239 - 09/10/22 01:24 PM Re: Anyone else think so? [Re: Wodin]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

All bullets count of course and actually fire.
Try turning off tracers in the aircraft XDP and try it. We do have it, so some can pass through and cause no real damage in effect. That is how it was. It was even hard to spot some holes in real life, especially in flight. Only when landed would your mech go and find them and poke with stick wink and point them out for you.

Re skin changed textures not always showing ... I have seen Windows 8 onwards cause issues when you alter a file and save it over a current one repeatedly. Windows 10 as the worst. Seen it many times when testing the randomised damage we do - files get copied in , you open them in Windows explorer and it shows you all the old ones with old thumbnails too. Seen that many times.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social