Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 30 of 64 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 63 64
#4605229 - 08/05/22 11:38 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
I might revisit Elite. I understand there is an update (13) coming on August 9th although I'm unclear what that may mean for Horizon users like me.

Meanwhile, I'm still banging away at World of Warships although the game really does wind me up frequently. Today it cost me the foot on my £90 keyboard when I banged it in frustration.

I'm not sure why I keep playing it sometimes but I have a significant investment in it since it was in closed beta way back in 2015 and I do like completing the various missions/campaigns/etc.

Last edited by Chucky; 08/05/22 11:56 PM.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4605231 - 08/06/22 12:00 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
I'm enjoying Forza Horizon 5, now that I figured out how to play my own tunes. The in game radio stations stink.

#4605232 - 08/06/22 03:07 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
After 12 years I finally completed L.A. Noire. Such a great game. I started it on the Xbox 360 back when it came out in 2010 I think. I never finished it before getting the PC version and starting over. Played it off an on and finally finished it. I really enjoy games that let you do detective work. I have to say though I still don't quite fully understand the game's Truth/Doubt/Lie mechanic. Sometimes it does not make the sense you think it should but its really a matter of figuring out how the developers designed it. Plus I love the time period and setting and I still think their face motion capture technology looks cool. I know they have better things now to do that but I wish more games used whatever they used in L.A. Noir. It looks great and works well for the setting and I suppose era of graphics that the game came out with. That being said I still really like the engine they used for this game and Red Dead Redemption. I sure wish we had more games like this game. I've long wanted to see a sequel or another developer do a similar game but have it focus on the Gmen of the post-war 40s-60s. I'd like to play as a character who's war vet turned policeman who discovers he has a talent for detective work. Then before long the FBI comes knocking to recruit you. I'd like them to continue the investigative/interrogation case making gameplay all the while improving on combat and perhaps even more intrigue set in an open world with much more freedom.

Anyhow, its a great game. Its one that's well suited for evening play and something to relax to. I'd hate to put spoilers here in case others haven't played but I was surprised by a unique location and "character" that shows up late in the game. I never knew it was in the game but its aviation related.

Speaking of Red Dead Redemption I really wish they would port the original to PC. It would look and play so great on PC with higher resolutions and uncapped 60fps.

Last edited by Coot; 08/06/22 09:18 PM.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4605240 - 08/06/22 11:30 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: Chucky]  
JohnnyChemo Offline
JohnnyChemo  Offline

Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted by Chucky
I might revisit Elite. I understand there is an update (13) coming on August 9th although I'm unclear what that may mean for Horizon users like me. .

I don’t think it will have much for Horizons. I Have Odyssey, but I never bother with it. I stick to horizons. The only thing odyssey offers is the on foot aspect, which I have no interest in, and the frame rates in VR aren’t as good. Pretty sure I read Horizons won’t get any more updates, at least not content updates.

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.
This is known as "bad luck.”
-Robert Heinlein
#4605247 - 08/06/22 12:59 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: JohnnyChemo]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
Originally Posted by JohnnyChemo
I might revisit Elite. I understand there is an update (13) coming on August 9th although I'm unclear what that may mean for Horizon users like me. .

I don’t think it will have much for Horizons. I Have Odyssey, but I never bother with it. I stick to horizons. The only thing odyssey offers is the on foot aspect, which I have no interest in, and the frame rates in VR aren’t as good. Pretty sure I read Horizons won’t get any more updates, at least not content updates.

Yes, as I understand it, no new content but maybe access to some Odyssey features such as the new planets? Although reading through the Steam comments not everyone is happy with those, although I think we can choose which version to launch. We will see in a few days.

#4605251 - 08/06/22 01:38 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: JohnnyChemo]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee

DB, what happened with HOI4? I take it that it didn't work for you?

Yeah, that's an odd one. Just wasn't feeling it, yet. I think I'll save that one for this winter. I'm sure I'd like it with my history with Paradox games, but my first attempt failed to gain traction and I set it aside for now.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4605278 - 08/06/22 11:35 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: Chucky]  
JohnnyChemo Offline
JohnnyChemo  Offline

Buffalo, NY
I think we can choose which version to launch. We will see in a few days.

I can confirm you can choose to launch Odyssey or Horizons in the launcher.

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.
-Robert Heinlein
#4605280 - 08/06/22 11:37 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: DBond]  
JohnnyChemo Offline
JohnnyChemo  Offline

Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted by DBond

DB, what happened with HOI4? I take it that it didn't work for you?

Yeah, that's an odd one. Just wasn't feeling it, yet. I think I'll save that one for this winter. I'm sure I'd like it with my history with Paradox games, but my first attempt failed to gain traction and I set it aside for now.

It took me a couple of tries to finally get into it. It's on my list of games I should revisit at some time!

-Robert Heinlein
#4605328 - 08/08/22 02:46 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
I've had 3 failed starts with HOI 4. Maybe one day I'll try a fourth attempt and see if my perception changes.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4605375 - 08/08/22 04:42 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
When I bought Crusader Kings, and later EU IV I dove in, found traction straight away and didn't look back.

But when I did the same in Hearts of Iron I didn't find the same level of compelling propelling that took me through the initial stages. No sense of 'more of this please', which, to be fair, is down to me, and not the game I reckon. It's just on the back burner and I'll revisit it later.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4605376 - 08/08/22 04:42 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: Coot]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by Coot
After 12 years I finally completed L.A. Noire. Such a great game. I started it on the Xbox 360 back when it came out in 2010 I think. I never finished it before getting the PC version and starting over. Played it off an on and finally finished it. I really enjoy games that let you do detective work. I have to say though I still don't quite fully understand the game's Truth/Doubt/Lie mechanic. Sometimes it does not make the sense you think it should but its really a matter of figuring out how the developers designed it. Plus I love the time period and setting and I still think their face motion capture technology looks cool. I know they have better things now to do that but I wish more games used whatever they used in L.A. Noir. It looks great and works well for the setting and I suppose era of graphics that the game came out with. That being said I still really like the engine they used for this game and Red Dead Redemption. I sure wish we had more games like this game. I've long wanted to see a sequel or another developer do a similar game but have it focus on the Gmen of the post-war 40s-60s. I'd like to play as a character who's war vet turned policeman who discovers he has a talent for detective work. Then before long the FBI comes knocking to recruit you. I'd like them to continue the investigative/interrogation case making gameplay all the while improving on combat and perhaps even more intrigue set in an open world with much more freedom.

Anyhow, its a great game. Its one that's well suited for evening play and something to relax to. I'd hate to put spoilers here in case others haven't played but I was surprised by a unique location and "character" that shows up late in the game. I never knew it was in the game but its aviation related.

Speaking of Red Dead Redemption I really wish they would port the original to PC. It would look and play so great on PC with higher resolutions and uncapped 60fps.

Unfortunately it sounds like the planned remake Of Red Dead Redemption has been cancelled. I was looking forward to it. I played some on PS3. but I could not get past 720p and a 30 FPS cap.

#4605392 - 08/08/22 05:50 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Allen Offline
Hotshot
Allen  Offline
Hotshot

Ohio USA
FWIW:

Playing Assassin's Creed Origins (noted a couple pages back).

I've modded it -- I had to use tools developed by others. That's cheating -- one feels like a cheat. Doing it all by yourself is true modding -- and gives satisfaction.

So, related to "What are you currently playing these days", I've begun advancing my mediocre modding ability. There are courses on-line.

Like some games, its a multi-month project. Most quit along the way.

We'll see if I finish this "modding game" -- or quit. smile

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro
#4605394 - 08/08/22 05:53 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I really admire those who make mods for games and in the vast majority of cases don't get paid for any of it.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4605396 - 08/08/22 06:03 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Allen Offline
Hotshot
Allen  Offline
Hotshot

Ohio USA
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
I really admire those who make mods for games and in the vast majority of cases don't get paid for any of it.

Because I respect your opinions, your comment helps. Increases my incentive. Thanks. smile

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro
#4605474 - 08/09/22 11:07 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: Chucky]  
JohnnyChemo Offline
JohnnyChemo  Offline

Buffalo, NY
I might revisit Elite. I understand there is an update (13) coming on August 9th although I'm unclear what that may mean for Horizon users like me.

I ran across some info on this update - it looks like Horizons is being updated to have most of the tech changes in Odyssey but not the content. So things like updated graphics, planet rendering, etc. Everything but the on-foot content and ability to land on planets with tenuous atmospheres.
It hits today btw.

https://www.elitedangerous.com/news/update-13-narrative-and-access-40

-Robert Heinlein
#4605475 - 08/09/22 11:09 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
if Frontier adds new ships to the game as well as adding the ability to walk around your own ship to explore it then I might consider reinstalling.

#4605485 - 08/09/22 12:34 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
Thanks JohnnyC, that's about what I thought it was. I didn't buy Odyssey because I never wanted an 'on foot' experience from E:D.

Downloading update as we speak (or type).

#4605557 - 08/09/22 11:20 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
NimRud Offline
NimRud  Offline

Germany
Currently playing Uncharted 2: Among Thieves on the PS5 for the first time. The game was initially released in 2009 on PS3 and later remastered for the PS4.

It´s an 3rd-person action adventure game. Wonderful experience, good characters and nice sceneries. Gameplay is very similar to the later Tomb Raider games. I like the story of the maincharacter, Nathan Drake more though.

Time is the only luxury.
#4605562 - 08/10/22 01:27 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: NimRud]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by NimRud
Currently playing Uncharted 2: Among Thieves on the PS5 for the first time. The game was initially released in 2009 on PS3 and later remastered for the PS4.

It´s an 3rd-person action adventure game. Wonderful experience, good characters and nice sceneries. Gameplay is very similar to the later Tomb Raider games. I like the story of the maincharacter, Nathan Drake more though.

All the Uncharted games are excellent.

#4605585 - 08/10/22 10:44 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Allen Offline
Hotshot
Allen  Offline
Hotshot

Ohio USA
I won't bore with regular updates on my modding (game hacking) excursion (that may fail). However, I'm under way. smile

Learning a version of C language is necessary (yuk). I've always avoided C due to the primitive syntax (I like Pascal -- its like writing in Plain English). I've ordered the up-to-date C and Assembly Language text books for beginners.

I'm also building a game modding/hacking computer -- mostly from left over parts I have. Because, I've found W11 and anti-virus software on my main machine interferes with some aspects of modding/hacking.

Page 30 of 64 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 63 64

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.