Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4602832 - 07/03/22 03:16 PM A glimpse at my day job.  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Most of y'all know I built (and am rebuilding) my little 7/8ths scale Nieuport 11, but that aircraft also wound up with a job offer to work at C&D Aviation, which grew to include Patriot Aircraft. We repair and restore classic aircraft - mostly Cubs, but if it's covered in fabric we'll fix it - and now are building our own. It's a modified version of the Super Cub, because why re-invent the wheel, with a bunch of things on it that as mechanics and pilots we thought needed to be done better.

Anyhow, I've gotten to glimpse some of the marking stuff that's fixing to come out and was chagrined about the fact that the little things I really like about it (and helped design) were getting left out. A couple of Saturdays ago I went down with my GoPro and made my own video showing the big things that grab my attention.

Hilariously, we were also buttoning her up after a routine checkup, and my coworkers didn't bother stopping just because I wanted to act silly, so one will see folks working on the airplane in the background.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4602839 - 07/03/22 04:56 PM Re: A glimpse at my day job. [Re: Dart]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
Neat aircraft with sone clever eetails, and your video needs to becone part of the official marketing biggrin

Still find it awesome how you grabbed that job in Aviation, looks like a top place.

How's your own craft doing?

#4602840 - 07/03/22 05:00 PM Re: A glimpse at my day job. [Re: Dart]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
The update is in the RC and Scaled forums. Fuselage is pretty much done - I have to wait until the engine is mounted to do final wiring and fuel line routiing. Wings are stripped, and I'm working on repairing/rebuilding them. smile

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4602847 - 07/03/22 08:47 PM Re: A glimpse at my day job. [Re: Dart]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
do you have portuguese ancestry Dart ?

#4602849 - 07/03/22 09:46 PM Re: A glimpse at my day job. [Re: Dart]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
It's great to hear from you Dart. Now I know what has been keeping you so busy for a while!

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4602852 - 07/03/22 10:22 PM Re: A glimpse at my day job. [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Originally Posted by Blade_RJ

Nope. What an odd question, though.

I'm a first generation American. My family said to hell with arduous sea voyages and flew coach on TWA back in '63. smile It's almost exclusively Swabian with a touch of French here and there (but we don't really talk about it).

From Laser:
#4602855 - 07/03/22 10:52 PM Re: A glimpse at my day job. [Re: Dart]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
Originally Posted by Dart
Originally Posted by Blade_RJ

Nope. What an odd question, though.

I'm a first generation American. My family said to hell with arduous sea voyages and flew coach on TWA back in '63. smile It's almost exclusively Swabian with a touch of French here and there (but we don't really talk about it).

maybe its the touch of frenchness....what i meant by asking was that if i saw you in the street i would never figure you as a foreigner, you could been a spy in brazil and no one would know. better than the russian guy recently caught lol.

Last edited by Blade_RJ; 07/03/22 10:52 PM.
#4602896 - 07/04/22 02:11 PM Re: A glimpse at my day job. [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Naw, I scream "American." I stand too straight, walk too fast, smile too much, sometimes just laugh at things I find funny, acknowledge strangers with a nod or hello, and keep my eyes up. When we visit family in Germany, there is traditionally a little poem made up to mention all that are there, and invariably I'm referred to as "the American."

From Laser:

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Hans Zimmer North American concert tour 2024
by NoFlyBoy. 03/16/24 10:54 PM
Steam Spring Sale.
by RedToo. 03/15/24 09:09 PM
Starship Attempt Three
by F4UDash4. 03/14/24 12:06 PM
This is one cool turbofan model
by Zamzow. 03/14/24 02:41 AM
Map Errors
by F4UDash4. 03/13/24 11:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.