Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4601671 - 06/14/22 05:06 AM What is BAT 4.2 FLASHPOINT?  
Coot Online content
Pilgrim
Coot  Online Content
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
Hey folks. I finally installed the B.A.T. 4.0 "Red Core" WAW mod for IL-2 1946. I'm doing this for my nephew and for myself. I would also very much like to install the other packs that add the other eras, especially the Jet age mod. I'm confused however on what to do. I followed the instructions and link for updating B.A.T. 4.0 which sends me to another page of files to download for the "Blue Edge" core which adds the other eras. A single file is downloading extremely slow on MediaFire plus it says their site is not secured. I don't remember the Red Core files downloading this slow when I downloaded them all some months ago. So I stepped away and looked at the link provided to any updates and patches for the mod and it led me to a forum. That forum has a thread for the Red Core and the Blue Edge mods but I also saw a thread for a "BAT 4.2 FLASHPOINT". If I'm understanding correctly it looks like Flashpoint will upgrade a "Red Core" 4.0 BAT install to all the "Blue Edge" content. Is this correct? Does that mean the links and forum thread for installing "Blue Edge" is not necessary? I find all these names and links quite confusing.

That being said I previously made my own list of instructions taken from the install page for B.A.T. 4.0 Red Core WAW and successfully installed that mod to my GOG version of IL-1946. It seems to be working just fine so I think I did everything right for that. I'm just confused now on how to get it upgraded to "Blue Edge". If Flashpoint does the same thing(installs Blue Edge to BAT4.0)I'll try that as there seems to be far fewer files to have to download. If not and I have to go back to the Blue Edge install thread and download all those MediaFire files, can someone tell me why the downloads for a single file is taking an unreasonably long time to download? I assume its a free upload site with high speed downloads hidden behind a paywall but even still, downloads should not take that long because they sure did not when I downloaded a large bunch of files for BAT Red Core. The time to download counter flips back and for from 30 to 40 minutes for example and barely downloads and MB or so every couple of minutes. This shifty download process along with the not secured state of MediaFire has me hesitant to continue. Again, some months ago I downloaded all the parts for Red Core just fine. The mod page I think had torrents as well but I don't know how to use those. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Mainly for clearing up the confusion I have on whether or not their is a difference between Blue Edge and Flashpoint.

Last edited by Coot; 06/14/22 05:11 AM.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4601691 - 06/14/22 11:54 AM Re: What is BAT 4.2 FLASHPOINT? [Re: Coot]  
Sunchaser Offline
Sunchaser  Offline

Houston, Tx.

" If Flashpoint does the same thing(installs Blue Edge to BAT4.0)I'll try that as there seems to be far fewer files to have to download. "
Starting with 4.0 should work just fine

Flashpoint

You need to have a working, clean BAT v4.0 or v4.1, 4.1.1, 4.1.2 or 4.1.3 (< THIS IS THE STARTING POINT.) (Caps for emphasis, not volume. smile

>> Also contains all material from the old updates 4.1.1 to 4.1.3! No need to install those separately anymore <<

Downloads:

Installer: https://www.mediafire.com/file/mp2swcerumhwacy/BAT_v4.2_FLASH_POINT_Installer.exe/file
Part 1: https://www.mediafire.com/file/otugqbueowu2yjw/BAT-v4.2_01.zip/file
Part 2: https://www.mediafire.com/file/i0ixbndjn3ovf7t/BAT-v4.2_02.zip/file

As for your Mediafire download speed, not a clue here, I just started a download of Part 1 and was getting 9-10 mb per second.

#4601750 - 06/14/22 11:21 PM Re: What is BAT 4.2 FLASHPOINT? [Re: Coot]  
Coot Online content
Pilgrim
Coot  Online Content
Pilgrim
Veteran

So Flashpoint is the new, revamped install for the other mods? The "Also contains all material from the old updates 4.1.1 to 4.1.3! No need to install those separately anymore" is what was confusing me. I think if they would use the same labeling it would help dispel the confusion such as, 4.1.1 - 4.1.3 is also known as or equates to what we call "Blue Edge DOF, TGA & JTW".

Thank you Sunchaser for the assistance. I've got a clean 4.0 copy put together so I'll try installing Flashpoint to it and see how it goes. Thanks again.

#4601842 - 06/16/22 01:00 AM Re: What is BAT 4.2 FLASHPOINT? [Re: Coot]  
Coot Online content
Pilgrim
Coot  Online Content
Pilgrim
Veteran

I installed the Flashpoint installer to my BAT 4.0 Red Core install(I chose the install that updates my 4.0 Red Core, not 4.1 Blue Edge)and it verified and said it installed everything. When I clicked finish and went to the IL-2 selector exe I'm still only showing these modules that were there before:

Stock game
SAS MODACT 5.3
B.A.T. World at War 1936-1946

Where is the DOF, TGA and JTW era mod that it was supposed to upgrade to? I would have assumed it should show up in the IL-2 selector drop down list but it remains the same. The installer said it installed and my file size grew by multiple GB. I also assume that when the directions say point the installer to your IL-2 install directory it means the folder in which all of the game files and exe.s are located?

I started the game for the heck of it and as it loads it says Flashpoint 4.2 but everything menu-wise still says WAW. I don't see anything to indicate that the other modules were installed. Not only that but when I went to the object viewer under aircraft there are no jets present. The Pilot Career panel also shows now modern campaigns. When I checked the single player missions it did show some jet age stuff but when I would go to fly them it would say that such and such aircraft was not found, replacing it with something else. Everything still looks like WAW only. Any help would be appreciated

I'm starting to think I should have just installed Blue Edge. Flashpoint didn't seem to properly update Red Core WAW BAT installs correctly. Again, I even selected the "Install over Red Core 4.0 version only" option before installing.

Last edited by Coot; 06/16/22 01:40 AM.

#4601869 - 06/16/22 01:18 PM Re: What is BAT 4.2 FLASHPOINT? [Re: Coot]  
Sunchaser Offline
Sunchaser  Offline

Houston, Tx.

Not sure what the problem is, every time there has been an update, I just download what is listed and all goes well.

You mention installing the Flashpoint installer, it is not installed anywhere, it is clicked after part 1 and 2 are downloaded and
when prompted, is pointed to your IL2 directory.

#4601919 - 06/17/22 06:45 AM Re: What is BAT 4.2 FLASHPOINT? [Re: Coot]  
Coot Online content
Pilgrim
Coot  Online Content
Pilgrim
Veteran

Yes I did install using the installer plus its numerous zip files all from the same folder and directed to my Red Core install.

I went ahead and downloaded all the Blue Edge files and tried installing that to my Red Core 4.0 WAW install. It looks like it successfully installed as the WWI, pre war and Jet Age stuff shows up in the IL-2 selector drop list but I'm confused about something. There are no Jet Age related campaigns under pilot career that I can see. All the jets show up in the object viewer and I can see and fly them in the quick mission editor but I was under the impression the Blue Edge mod also added campaigns for the jets. I do see some Blue Edge related single player missions available but the only campaigns I can see are Red Core WAW era DGEN campaigns.

Last edited by Coot; 06/17/22 09:01 AM.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.