Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#4599453 - 05/12/22 05:09 PM Re: League racing interest? [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
You do realize that you have free will and can set something up yourself yeah? What servers have you set up? What announcements have you made for some racing action? Point them out to me. Which competitions have you arranged? What have we done so far that you've joined? Posting videos is not a participation sport.

Listen Red, you can stay, I hope, or leave, if that's your choice. But this position you're taking that I am ignoring what you want to do, and you are helpless to prevent it, and that you're going to take your ball and go home won't register with me. It's not a criticism, just fact, but you've not made an effort, yet complain there's nothing for you. Why not drive a sim we are driving? Are ACC or AMS2 so objectionable that you can't pull yourself away from another to join us and have fun? I think the problem is you won't branch out to what's going on.

All you would need to do is put up a rFactor session to get us to join you. But you need to make the effort. Waiting in the wings is a lonely spot. Step out of it and join us. Or not.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

#4599460 - 05/12/22 06:49 PM Re: League racing interest? [Re: DBond]  
RedOneAlpha Online content
RedOneAlpha  Online Content

LEGE
I am not speaking for myself, I hardly do that...

You have done what you have because that´s what you want, and that so far Is a Hotlap Challenge! Do you really think any rookie Is going to post his PB? Do you think everybody Is concerned about times, PB´s or If he hit any record? Your thinking for your self, and maybe your buddy. That´s It.

I have no Issues with what sim to use because I have them all, yes I can have a preference, but that´s not what It´s about. You see, since this started you were hung up with ACC, and things were/are going In that direction. Now there seems to be some Interest with AMS2, again with both you and your buddy. No problem with that, but for someone that might have though to join us and bought ACC, which Is limited to GTE and that more then one of us already stated this before, but hey why even listen, now thinks that he needs AMS2. Which for me should have been the first choice although I like rF2 better. I´ll say It again, I am not thinking about my self. If I was thinking just about my self I would choose, rFactor 2, and If I thought my opinion Is the best, I would say ACC sucks because It´s a overbacked sim on rails! But you see, I am not thinking about my self...

Since the start I have been thinking of those who don´t make best lap times or that are only worried about there PB and how good they are. I am thinking of those that are new to the racing sim world (that´s why I post videos!), and that maybe they just want to buy one sim to try It out, and that would like to have a race online but not so they could be overlaped and drive alone. But why bother with what I think/say or others want or even feel? It´s not about them, It´s about your league, your PB´s, your 25 years In this. So why don´t you just say so, build a pro league and be done! The problem Is that right now there´s only two of you who can be In that league!

I don´t need to take my ball "as you say", anywhere because I am not playing anything, or with anyone. Would I like to, well not with egotrips. There´s plenty of those In iRacing etc. It´s not my thing, and If It was, I would not be here talking about It. Would I start something here, maybe, I am In no hurry, but It sure would be with a different attitude and thinking on others. It´s not being on wings as you say, like I said before, I wont make efforts to be steeped on, so forget about me posting any videos anymore because you are the only one who seems Is making a effort, actually Frank deserves the effort.

Good luck with your Gentleman's league!

Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram DDR4, Sapphire Pulse AMD RX 6700 12GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2) 480GB + 960GB, 447GB SSD´s, Samsung G6 32" , Logitech G13, G502, Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Simagic Alpha Mini, and Formula Extreme FX, DC Simracing DC1 pedals, GT Omega ART cockpit, TrackIR 5.0.
AUDIO: Aiyima A07 Max, Topping E50 and L50 stack, Polk Audio Signature Elite ES20 , and Shennheiser HD 560s. DAP: Hiby R3, Hiby Seeds, and iBasso IT01, Sharp MD-MT 80H Minidisc.
#4599462 - 05/12/22 06:56 PM Re: League racing interest? [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
So really the trouble is that you have a problem with me. You don't want to read what I post? So don't read it. Good grief. Block me if that solves it for you.

I'm not going to change a thing about my approach here and my enthusiasm for rediscovering sim racing, and that was largely done with your help, I might add. But no one here is responsible for making you feel better about the fact you didn't drive GPL. Who cares?

This is all in your head and I hope you have a re-think about it.

#4599463 - 05/12/22 07:08 PM Re: League racing interest? [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
And GPL is still a thing. Never too late you know....

#4599466 - 05/12/22 07:42 PM Re: League racing interest? [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by Red2112

Since the start I have been thinking of those who don´t make best lap times or that are only worried about there PB and how good they are. I am thinking of those that are new to the racing sim world (that´s why I post videos!), and that maybe they just want to buy one sim to try It out, and that would like to have a race online but not so they could be overlaped and drive alone. But why bother with what I think/say or others want or even feel? It´s not about them, It´s about your league, your PB´s, your 25 years In this. So why don´t you just say so, build a pro league and be done! The problem Is that right now there´s only two of you who can be In that league!

One more thing to address then I will step away. Never encountered anything like this. Online racing here will grow organically or not take off, one or the other.

So you think that the best way to attract new players is to just not let them know what pace the other racers have? People will be more likely to join if they have zero idea how fast anyone is? Not so sure about that. And then what happens when they get there? You seem to be arguing that in racing the one thing you cannot reveal is your lap time. I'm not even fast! But yeah the whole point is to go faster than you did the last time around and get to the flag as quickly as possible.

My 'buddy' as you put it is way faster than me and I use it as motivation, not a reason to avoid hooking up with him and leaving the forum.

But no PBs mind.

I want you to stay, I enjoy the informational content service you provide as I've said to you personally many times over. But I entirely disagree with the premise of your argument, the issue here is personal, and it doesn't make sense for me to try to change your mind. It will either happen or it won't.

#4599475 - 05/12/22 08:31 PM Re: League racing interest? [Re: DBond]  

LEGE
You have already been told that timings may scare people away Bond by someone else. To be a good mountain climber you don´t put beginners In a 9c wall, you start them off on small walls In a artificial rockdome with pads on the floor. You are a fan of F1, how did those drivers start there career towards fame? You also know the answer, Karts! Then they followed a logical progression.

Yes, this sport Is about timing, and yes pace, let people find out by them self´s which they will as soon as they start pulling laps, the difference Is that they will be doing so by themselves, and If they fail In doing so, nobody will know and they will try again and again till they get better. Don´t you think?

I am not a fast driver yet, do you think I jump Into RaceRoom with others who have been at this way longer then I have? Are you doing so? It´s the same concept Derek, and maybe even worst because those who do are your buddies, or not but users of this forum.

So you see It´s not personal, It´s about switching mindset here. You might not have though about all this, and maybe now that this has come here you will, or do. I come up front always, this sometimes can cause me problems because some don´t like this, and some do. With age I have learned that anyone can be better then me, I learnt this as a young guitarist when a 10 year old gypsy blew me away. That has followed me for the rest of my life, and taught me not to underestimate no one, or anything. And I also have this habit of defending the weak and forgotten.

Sorry If I am harsh at times but I may not be a veteran here, but been there before more then I should have. I have no problems trying this again, that´s If we or whoever changes focus In a more forgiving and considered manner for all.

Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram DDR4, Sapphire Pulse AMD RX 6700 12GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2) 480GB + 960GB, 447GB SSD´s, Samsung G6 32" , Logitech G13, G502, Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Simagic Alpha Mini, and Formula Extreme FX, DC Simracing DC1 pedals, GT Omega ART cockpit, TrackIR 5.0.
AUDIO: Aiyima A07 Max, Topping E50 and L50 stack, Polk Audio Signature Elite ES20 , and Shennheiser HD 560s. DAP: Hiby R3, Hiby Seeds, and iBasso IT01, Sharp MD-MT 80H Minidisc.
#4599476 - 05/12/22 08:33 PM Re: League racing interest? [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I also play guitar. Common ground!

#4599477 - 05/12/22 08:41 PM Re: League racing interest? [Re: DBond]  

LEGE
Originally Posted by DBond
I also play guitar. Common ground!

I know, that´s why I also put that example.

#4599480 - 05/12/22 08:53 PM Re: League racing interest? [Re: DBond]  
ArgonV Offline
Hotshot
ArgonV  Offline
Hotshot

College Station, Texas, USA
Personally I just don't have the time to online race right now in my life. What little time I do have at home on the computer I spend by playing with my real-life friends online that I rarely see in real-life any more from a different city, or offline/single-player only things.

More recent, I've just been trying out the new gear and getting accustomed with it. But, I doubt I'll ever join in any online racing unless it was with my long-time friends that I mentioned above.

"Go Fly A Kite!"
-Jason R.
FS-WWI Project Leader
FS-WWI Plane Pack Site

Intel i9 10900k
Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Elite AC
64GB Corsair DDR4 2933 Vengeance RGB Pro
AMD XFX 7900 XTX Merc310 Black Edition
LG UltraGear 38GN95B-B 38" monitor
Corsair HX1200 PSU
1TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
2TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
Two 2TB EVO 860 SSDs
Sound Blaster ZxR
Win 10 x64 Pro
HOTAS Cougar #4069 w/Uber II Nxt mod #284 & UTM bushings
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.