Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4597813 - 04/23/22 10:34 PM education  
masterKamera Offline
masterKamera  Offline

One of the things that the game doesnt seem to have is a big online community.

Why doesnt the kindly makers attach a forum to their own website, to control every aspect?

What about flight school videos for various parts of the game that give indepth how to?

Thats essentially how people on IL 2 games learn how to use teh game

#4597821 - 04/23/22 11:24 PM Re: education [Re: masterKamera]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

The official WoFF forums are now located on the CombatAce website at this link; although, the previous official home of the WoFF forums (SimHQ) is still fairly active and many of us post in both forums for the time being.

For flight-school-type videos, I'm sure that others will pitch in with more info. -- as far as I know, there are a few WoFF fliers around who have posted extensive videos on YouTube -- such as Rick Rawlings, etc. Although, most of those videos are in-action dogfights (if you are thinking of "how to" videos such as posted many yrs. ago by Requiem for RoF -- I don't think we have equivalent videos but also possible is that I am not aware of them, if there indeed are such videos available).

By the way, WoFF is strictly single player in the great tradition of the golden age of computer gaming - so forum posts here, also on the CombatAce WoFF forums, may not be as overwhelmingly regular as in multiplayer sim forums.

Cheers to you and happy flying,
Von S smile2

Last edited by VonS; 04/24/22 07:33 AM. Reason: Edited post.

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4597822 - 04/23/22 11:27 PM Re: education [Re: masterKamera]  
OvStachel Offline
OvStachel  Offline

Long Island, NY
That's what this forum is for....

As for flight school videos... WOFF actually has training missions to learn to fly and "get your wings". We also have links to keyboard commands and tons of people to ask.

I'm sure some guys will chime in with tons of links to how to's as well.

As for how to fly each plane? You just have to get some stick time in.

We don't do the multiple player thing... And as much as I personally enjoyed it in RB3D, I never missed it playing WOFF. The AI in this game will challenge you plenty.

OvS

The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!

I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton
#4597827 - 04/24/22 12:42 AM Re: education [Re: masterKamera]  
masterKamera Offline
masterKamera  Offline

combat ace lets me create a profile, then i get the following in an email

Thanks for registering. Click the button below to validate your account and get started.

Validate my Email address

and when i hit the button i get this...

Suspended
Account access has been suspended to this account.
Duplicate accounts or moderator suspension are most likely causes.

ive never tried to use their forum before because i never needed to, but somehow a moderator has already banned me. I have a supposition its due to being banned from the IL2 sturmovik forum.

and well, if this was the il2 forum for flying circus 1 or flying circus 2, many of you would be locked out of your profiles for enjoying german aircraft.

Its just that my curiousity is based on very little experience from your game, and 90% of the videos i can find online are for versions of WOFF dating from 2014 to 2017,, and not the new version of heaven and hell 2.

If we can get a video presence going, we can actually make headway with the game community as the ownership of Rise of Flight have indicated the master server is getting turned off for good in a few months, and that means no new user accounts can be made after that date and the private servers will be wacked as well.

IL 2 games are under going horrible horrible changes and problems from management trying to alter game mechanics, flight models, and weapon models in order to make the new Normandy games p-51 B able to fight against, and BEAT such late war german fighters such as the fw- 190 "Dora"

ANd in the videos and photos I have seen on this little forum are such that if a good video presence was created, we would be able to get the folks starting to leave IL2 games.
ALot of folks have been banned for complaining about changes to german air planes and weapons, and many have just gone back to rise of flight, but if we can start getting the disenfranchised, think of what new sales can mean for the development team.

#4597839 - 04/24/22 02:26 AM Re: education [Re: masterKamera]  
catch Offline
catch  Offline

QLD, Australia

I remember back in the olden times, when we were all virile young men out for adventure before the blasted war ended by Christmas '14, OBD had its own website for OFF. They were fun times and I often wonder what happened to Parky and Nobby and the like. However, to administer and pay for the site was too much for an under funded two man team and the mixture was leaned and the engine shut down. Understandable but also sad that many interesting chaps and threads in OFF's early development have largely disappeared into the ether. Such is life, yet here we are with a beaut free expansion.

#4597842 - 04/24/22 03:10 AM Re: education [Re: masterKamera]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

@masterK: CombatAce has excellent spam filters and whatnot so perhaps best is to try registering with a different email (at any rate, as far as I know, they are not in any way affiliated with any IL2 forums).

To reply to your other questions from another couple of threads (so that I don't post everywhere) -- a) FE2 is short for 'First Eagles 2,' a splendid do-it-yourself WWI flight sim that, when heavily modded, is in the no. 2 spot right after the WoFF series I would estimate (at any rate more exciting than RoF) -- the official page for FE2 is here; the FE2 forums for free add-ons are on the CombatAce website (if you do not like manually to mod things, heavily, I would not recommend FE2; 'tis a sim for the hands-on tinkerer and is the flight sim equivalent of a Linux distro); (b) the excellent maps that you have downloaded for WoFF may be compressed nicely to fit onto a standard 8.5 x 11 inch piece of paper (full size, as far as I remember, they are as large as two feet by two feet -- but I forget the precise dimensions now).

Carry on gents' and good WoFFing to all,
Von S smile2

Last edited by VonS; 04/24/22 07:29 AM. Reason: Added info.

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4597848 - 04/24/22 05:06 AM Re: education [Re: masterKamera]  
masterKamera Offline
masterKamera  Offline

i have tried two different emails, and they each get the same treatment.

Personally they dont like me for some reason so poop on them.

#4597853 - 04/24/22 10:40 AM Re: education [Re: masterKamera]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

masterKamera send (via our support email) your username you are signing up with over there at CA if different, and your email you used. I may be able to ask the admins to check it.
(you can find our support email address at the end of the WOFF BH&H II FAQ)

Don't use a VPN too if you are.

There's lots of BH&H II videos out there type ;
WOFF BH&H II
into youtube search.

Not many are tutorial types - there are a few older ones for previous WOFF.

Last edited by Polovski; 04/24/22 10:58 AM.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4597896 - 04/24/22 10:35 PM Re: education [Re: Polovski]  
masterKamera Offline
masterKamera  Offline

i sent that email to you polovski, id like to be on that combatace but i have a feeling on it.

Well i like good instructions, i taught myself how to fly in rise of flight, and there are many things in it that i dont understand still.

I tried teaching myself how to fly in il2 great battles, but im stuck with "computer controlled radiators, engine flaps, etc" with their simple engine mechanics option. throttle is all i need.

Id love to know what actual hardware i need to consider for engine controls as i am interested mostly in the early war planes, dh2 and eindeckers.
eindecker III was my favorite in red baron and rise of flight.

#4597906 - 04/25/22 01:31 AM Re: education [Re: VonS]  
Rick_Rawlings Offline
Rick_Rawlings  Offline

Originally Posted by VonS
as far as I know, there are a few WoFF fliers around who have posted extensive videos on YouTube -- such as Rick Rawlings, etc. Although, most of those videos are in-action dogfights

Exhaustive, one might say...
Want to see me extinguish my engine when it has caught on fire?

See a plane get shot down with rockets?

Or see a guy shoot his own wing off?

Or even my personal favorite from one of my challenges:

I guess I could try to do some "How to-s", I just wish I felt like I knew more about what I was talking about...I generally only learn enough about stuff to get in trouble...we'll see...

RR

The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...
#4598134 - 04/27/22 05:51 AM Re: education [Re: masterKamera]  
masterKamera Offline
masterKamera  Offline

cute rocket video, in RoF its really fun to use the rockets on bombers... and on the small gun barges in the channel map.

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans