Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#4597616 - 04/21/22 02:16 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
RedOneAlpha Offline
RedOneAlpha  Offline

LEGE
So we can´t say "happy pit day" yet?

Safe setup Is ok, It´s what I was using at first, I would say aggressive Is even better. I am using my own now which works a bit better then both, but I still think the understeer In ACC Is a bit exaggerated. I did post some time ago a video of the dev explaining In more detail car set ups, see tutorials and gear thread.

Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram DDR4, Sapphire Pulse AMD RX 6700 12GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2) 480GB + 960GB, 447GB SSD´s, Samsung G6 32" , Logitech G13, G502, Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Simagic Alpha Mini, and Formula Extreme FX, DC Simracing DC1 pedals, GT Omega ART cockpit, TrackIR 5.0.
AUDIO: Aiyima A07 Max, Topping E50 and L50 stack, Polk Audio Signature Elite ES20 , and Shennheiser HD 560s. DAP: Hiby R3, Hiby Seeds, and iBasso IT01, Sharp MD-MT 80H Minidisc.
Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

#4597618 - 04/21/22 02:49 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
No, dammit, and I was ready for it too. But pulling in to the driveway after work revealed no seat had been delivered, and subsequent investigation revealed it was in Northampton, Pennsylvania. But I checked before leaving for work this morning and it's on the delivery truck and if the porch pirates don't strike I should be running tonight!

About the safe setup... gotta start somewhere. I'm a tinkerer, and after a few laps I'll be coming in for the first steps to dial it in. Tire pressures are very important here, ideally around 27-28 degrees, but that might depend on car and compound, although from what I've read there is just dry and wet?

Those exploratory laps will show the car's balance,and like most drivers I have a certain balance I'm looking for, Red hit on the understeer, which I've read as a complaint with ACC, but hopefully that can be dialed out. Tire temps and pressures, corner entry, mid-corner and corner exit balance, top speed all noted and then the fun begins, with frequent trips to the garage to dial out the bad and make it suit my style.

I looked over the setup options in ACC and it's complete. You can adjust everything, a tinkerer's dream. Rough cuts like springs, roll bars and aero are one thing, but stuff like damping, gear ratios and brake duct settings are more delicate. This is where picking a car and sticking with it comes in. Having many settings for engine map, ABS and fuel is something rather new to me and will take time to learn.

So while I may start with the safe setup it won't last five laps before it becomes something else. I like a touch of entry or lift oversteer and firmly planted exits if I can attain that, so for example I might go more open on the coast side of the differential and locking down the power side. But the beautiful thing about car setup is just about everything is interlaced, a change to the rear springs means the front roll bar now has a different reaction to a change. Chassis setup is an art as much as a science and it's one of the most appealing aspects of racing sims to me. Looking forward to the challenge in ACC.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4597622 - 04/21/22 03:38 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
RedOneAlpha Offline
RedOneAlpha  Offline

LEGE
I agree that It also dependes on which car your driving of course. But I am sure that "some" details are hardcoded for all cars. I am sporting the Audi R8 LMS GT3 Evo II right now and I might need to look Into another car and see what. I am using Monza and Imola as my test tracks.

Although ACC has been doing better due to the newer 5 points wheel mechanics, there are some complains with grip still, and that just might add to the understeer. It´s always worth to do some homework as to not misjudge things as well as find solutions If there can be, or adapt to the limitations. After all ACC Is running on the Unreal engine so that can also be a handicap In some areas of the simulation.

Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram DDR4, Sapphire Pulse AMD RX 6700 12GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2) 480GB + 960GB, 447GB SSD´s, Samsung G6 32" , Logitech G13, G502, Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Simagic Alpha Mini, and Formula Extreme FX, DC Simracing DC1 pedals, GT Omega ART cockpit, TrackIR 5.0.
AUDIO: Aiyima A07 Max, Topping E50 and L50 stack, Polk Audio Signature Elite ES20 , and Shennheiser HD 560s. DAP: Hiby R3, Hiby Seeds, and iBasso IT01, Sharp MD-MT 80H Minidisc.
#4597625 - 04/21/22 04:06 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by Red2112
I am using Monza and Imola as my test tracks.

Chicane tracks eh? What sort of laptimes are you turning there?

There's also GT4 if the DLC is owned and it seems to me that's a good place to start. I might just do if the 488 proves too much at first. I wish there was a 360 Stradale or similar in GT4, but I guess I'll need to drive something less than a Ferrari biggrin

Audi R8 is mid-engined right? I expect some push out of the front-engined whips, but the mids should be a little more balanced, or I'd expect them to be. Until I acutally turn laps it's all speculation from me.

#4597626 - 04/21/22 04:16 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Oh yeah, one other comment I wanted to make.... I said 'chicane tracks' as if I know them. But after watching an in-car lap around Paul Ricard yesterday -- and seeing the backstraight chicane is not used here -- I really need to wait until I see the configurations used in GT for the tracks I think I know well.

#4597636 - 04/21/22 05:14 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
Wigean Offline
Wigean  Offline

Oslo
This thread is contagious.
It made me buy the Ultimate version on Steam.
50% off.
biggrin

“We are still in the age of legends. You and I will not enter the promised land. We who have begun always perish before Jericho falls.”
#4597642 - 04/21/22 05:37 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
The enthusiasm is infectious!

I have much enthusiasm at the moment. Let's see if it survives my initial attempts at completing a lap smile

That's a good deal, not quite the shopper that Argon is haha, but $40 for all of AC is a good price for a lot of content. Especially if you like Porsches.

I hadn't played AC in a few years, but I reinstalled it a couple days ago. I attempted to drive with a controller, but that's a fiasco. However, it still looked great and the engine notes are glorious. The 458 is vicious at the redline and the V8 rumble at idle is awesome. Have fun Wigean.

#4597647 - 04/21/22 08:10 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: DBond]  
RedOneAlpha Offline
RedOneAlpha  Offline

LEGE
Originally Posted by DBond
Originally Posted by Red2112
I am using Monza and Imola as my test tracks.

Chicane tracks eh? What sort of laptimes are you turning there?

There's also GT4 if the DLC is owned and it seems to me that's a good place to start. I might just do if the 488 proves too much at first. I wish there was a 360 Stradale or similar in GT4, but I guess I'll need to drive something less than a Ferrari biggrin

Audi R8 is mid-engined right? I expect some push out of the front-engined whips, but the mids should be a little more balanced, or I'd expect them to be. Until I acutally turn laps it's all speculation from me.

Today at Monza with the Audi R8 LMS Evo II and with my own settings (I am new at this), I did 1:59 which Is my best lap for now. Not bad considering I only have about 8hrs. on ACC and a total 60hrs In sim racing, but It obvious that my last name Is not Alonso! biggrin

The good thing Is that I am digging this a lot so with time a should get better, I hope!

Yeah I think GT4 would be a good starting point too for all us newbs In ACC,

#4597649 - 04/21/22 08:47 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Thanks for the laptime, gives me a reference point, appreciated.

I think I read that the British GT DLC is needed to multi-class in ACC? Not sure, but yeah, GT4 cars should be considered too I think.

#4597654 - 04/21/22 10:08 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: DBond]  
RedOneAlpha Offline
RedOneAlpha  Offline

LEGE
Originally Posted by DBond
Thanks for the laptime, gives me a reference point, appreciated.

I think I read that the British GT DLC is needed to multi-class in ACC? Not sure, but yeah, GT4 cars should be considered too I think.

Brought that down to 1:57 with the 720S just now. 488 was nice too but I think the 720S fits me better. Both on aggressive setting out the gate. I am sure I can do better with more time on the 720S as It was the first time taking It out on track.

I think you can do multi-class without the DLC but only with some of the Included base tracks, but you need to choose British GT Championship. That´s what I red. I have all the DLC´s so I can´t tell you If I am missing something.

#4597677 - 04/22/22 12:59 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Got my rig done and fired up AC. Ran the 458 around Monza to get a feel. Then switched to F1 2021 and struggled. I've turned off all the aids and had some trouble laying down the power, but that's a matter of time to put right. Then I fired up ACC.

What a wonderful sim racing experience. This is a sublime simulator. Entered my full name, because of course that's what you do. Set everything to "Pro", tweaked a couple settings and hit the track. I started in the default Lambo and drove around Monza with Red's lap time in mind. Best I could manage was a 1:58 with the 'safe' setup and a few minor tweaks. I still suck at chicanes haha.

Swapped to the 488 and was not able to better my time.

Then I hit Kyalami, which I hadn't driven since 2007 in GPL. Honestly it didn't click with me in the sense that I've done this before, that the track felt familiar. It felt new and in many ways it is. Spent some time there re-learning it, but not really putting together a great lap. Then I switched to Zandvoort and here I started to feel it. Dove a little deeper in to chassis set up and the car felt planted. I could throw it in to the corners, whip it around and get on the throttle early. Felt amazing! I started getting more animated with the wheel, not so timid, but aggressive ya know? The 488 was a joy to drive.

This must be a version of Zandvoort that's about four years old, because there have been some changes to the track that are not in ACC, but you get used to it quickly. Best lap was 1:44.25, but I had to shut it down for the night as work beckons in the morning.

Honestly I was absolutely loving it. The amazing sounds, the feel of the car, the force feedback. Manual shifting. I used hotlap mode. It drops you in the car with the engine NOT running. How the hell do you start this thing? Controls. Ignition, OK, Starter, OK. Back to the sim and cranking it over but it won't catch. I drive sticks in real life and to start my vehicles you need to push in the clutch. So I tried it here (getting that three-pedal set up is already paying off!) and that amazing Ferrari motor kicked over and rumbled at idle and oh yeah baby! Hit the gas and stalled out! I actually need to let out the clutch. Never expected this but it feels awesome.

I'm really happy with how it all turned out and I already love this sim. Can't wait to improve!

And AC/ACC have excellent replay systems. Best I've seen since the Papy days.

My new office

[Linked Image]

Sliding

[Linked Image]

Turning laps

[Linked Image]

The infamous turn 7 at Zandy

[Linked Image]

Ferrari 488 Evo

[Linked Image]

Attached Files office.jpgoverthehill.jpgslide.jpgturn7.jpg20220422000035_1.jpg

#4597688 - 04/22/22 03:32 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
RedOneAlpha Offline
RedOneAlpha  Offline

LEGE
Nice DBond, glad your having fun! The more one dives In the more fun It becomes, well until you start trying to beat your own lap times. But even so, you always learn, or want to learn from each lap, overall a great experience. Bring In some rain, that´s very Immersive!

Just a tip, with a "safe" set-up you will get understeer, It´s actually meant to be that way so you can start from scratch your tweaking. Another tip Is that ACC´s tyre model Is basically focused on tyre pressures/temp/diameter. Compound Is not simulated as In rFactor 2 (which you should really try out). You will have grip on the first 2-3 laps, then It will degrade a bit for 1-2 laps then after will stabilize so keep that In mind.

#4597689 - 04/22/22 03:38 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yes, even if it isn't industry-leading, the tire model here is the most advanced I've played. Looking around I saw blisters, flat spots, graining in the feedback. I'm here for it smile

#4597748 - 04/23/22 08:37 AM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
NimRud Offline
NimRud  Offline

Germany
Settled on the Bentley for the moment after trying out different cars on all tracks and getting a feeling and all the trackmedals as a consequence.

Doing mostly quick races now to get my Safety Rating up to 80 which seems to be the magical number being able to join the "better" MP servers for the future.
Was a nice surprise seeing they allow doing that offline without the need to grind through open lobby mayhem to get that number up! thumbsup

Has the added benefit of getting comfortable running very close to other cars with the appropriate AI difficulty/aggression level.

What´ s your approach so far in ACC?

Time is the only luxury.
#4597766 - 04/23/22 12:18 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: NimRud]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
The only way to run with AI is to start a race event? Was looking for a way to add them in practice mode.

Originally Posted by NimRud

What´ s your approach so far in ACC?

I have just two days in the books, but making progress. Drove about thirty laps 'round Brand's Hatch last night. This is a proper circuit, seemingly unchanged from the GPL days, when it was one of my favorite add-ons. Elevation change makes such a difference in how fun tracks are to drive.

I've not wrapped me noggin around the ratings system. I'm making no progress aside from TR (track rating?). There's also consistency and car control and those are not increasing. There's a requirement to do two clean laps. I've done none, it seems, despite the fact that I think I have done dozens of clean laps. There must be a speed or laptime threshold here? I feel like I'm driving well, but am I that far off the pace? So slow that the ratings system isn't even engaging?

Mostly my approach has been from the setup side. Experimenting with the settings. Like rake and ride heights. But this is slow going, making small changes and testing it on the track. How does the differential work? It's not split between coast and power sides.

I also ran some laps in AC. I saw an achievement to beat 1:56 at Imola in the 458. I managed it in the 458 GT2, but I guess it has to be done in the Italia. Derp.

#4597768 - 04/23/22 01:51 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
NimRud Offline
NimRud  Offline

Germany
Derek, don´t know if that got already posted here, but just to be safe here is a link which explains the complete rating system: ACC Driver Ratings

Time is the only luxury.
#4597771 - 04/23/22 02:22 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Good info Frank, and I looked this stuff up last night. Still at a loss as to why my laps are not 'clean'. I even watched replays and don't understand it yet. Looked clean to me smile

#4597774 - 04/23/22 03:25 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: NimRud]  
RedOneAlpha Offline
RedOneAlpha  Offline

LEGE
Originally Posted by NimRud
just to be safe here is a link which explains the complete rating system: ACC Driver Ratings

Didn´t even think about this till now, thanks.

#4597775 - 04/23/22 03:51 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I think I'm just slow. I think my laps are clean but so slow they don't count. I hit 1:56 at Monza but I looked in to it and some guys are going ten seconds faster. I have lots of work to do to close such a massive gap.

#4597793 - 04/23/22 07:00 PM Re: Assetto Corsa and ACC [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I think I have two weaknesses right now. Well, probably more, but two main ones that I need to focus on to improve my laptimes. I felt great running 1:34s at Brand's Hatch but that's again ten or more seconds off the top times. I don't expect to be there, but 1:25s should be doable for me. So that means finding a massive nine seconds.

The first weakness is braking. Yep, I need to go slower to go faster haha I am losing a lot of time by not braking in the right places, and part of that is identifying brake markers or braking points. There isn't much along side some of these tracks to use as markers. And in addition to that, I need to rediscover trail braking, which I can feel is crucial to good laptimes in this sim. I need to drive better with both feet, at the same time. There's speed to unlock by working both pedals at the same time.

The second thing is line. To get those fast laps you need to hit every apex and use the whole track, which I am not. I'm just six hours in to this adventure so I don't expect to be fast out of the box. And honestly I would sneer if the sim allowed me to jump in and go fast.

But at least I have targets, and specific things to work on and improve.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.