Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4590380 - 01/28/22 04:53 PM How has covid affect your daily life ?  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
Me not much other than the first months of fear mongering by tv news media, but in daily life goods keep getting smaller/lighter but the price is the same or increasing i wonder if its the same in the north pond.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4590381 - 01/28/22 05:11 PM Re: How has covid affect your daily life ? [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Significantly.

My family is still 2000 miles away and I am stuck here until my wife can secure a supply of Paxlovid for the medicine cabinet in case she were to come down from COVID. This, coupled with having to find a house in a market that is low supply/high demand, and my daughter having to be homeschooled because of my wife's permanent illness until pax is secured has been hard on all of us.

Still, by the grace of God, he has provided for us what we need and for that we are thankful.

I know four people personally who have died from covid over this pandemic.

#4590384 - 01/28/22 05:35 PM Re: How has covid affect your daily life ? [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
Not too much. In fact I quite enjoyed the early lockdown if I'm honest. I live in quite an urban area with a large supermarket chain and carpark quite near. It was blissfully quiet for months, especially at night. The roads were also very quiet.

The only real change was to my shopping habits. I've not stepped foot inside my local supermarket for nearly 2 years, instead taking advantage of the 'click and collect' system.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4590386 - 01/28/22 05:35 PM Re: How has covid affect your daily life ? [Re: Blade_RJ]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
Not really a struggle here.I live alone with a pup and from the start I started masking and got my two shots soon to be the 3RD.I live in a small town and hit the only grocery store at 6 AM when nobody else is shopping.If someone else is there I keep my distance and still wear a N-95 mask.I won't argue the pros and cons I figure it can't hurt.I guess I'm kind of on a semi quarantine.Don't need to be social and walking my pup I rarely see anyone.So not really a major impact here I just use what I think are common sense precautions and adjust my life style a bit,Not a huge deal

Russ
Semper Fi
#4590389 - 01/28/22 05:53 PM Re: How has covid affect your daily life ? [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Allen Offline
Hotshot
Allen  Offline
Hotshot

Ohio USA
I had one significant close contact -- no COVID for me. A person who had the same contact actually got COVID.

I couldn't get tested -- because, locally, they weren't testing asymptomatic people. That caused me to miss a Dr appointment and do less outside the house for a week during self quarantine.

Since then we've gotten 3 home test kits (2 tests each). They say they are 95% accurate for both positive and negative results.

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro
#4590394 - 01/28/22 06:24 PM Re: How has covid affect your daily life ? [Re: Blade_RJ]  
bolox Offline
bolox  Offline

uk, massively- I work as a tech in live music/events- so basically not allowed to work for 15 months and the last 6 have been 'problematic- have lost £1000 in cancellations every month for the last 6.
Had a tour I was on pull half way through before Christmas.
I'm also single so was very isolated and for a significant portion was banned from the activity I use to 'restore my mental health'- motorcycling.
Almost anything else I might say would send this straight to PWEC so I'll stop here

"There are two things that are infinite: The Universe and Human Stupidity. And I'm not even sure about the Universe." - Einstein
#4590396 - 01/28/22 06:28 PM Re: How has covid affect your daily life ? [Re: Blade_RJ]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
My own personal daily life really hasn't been affected too much with the exception of a change in my shopping and going out habits. I've seen exactly one film in a movie theater since the pandemic started and you know what? It's really not necessary anymore. I'm just fine seeing all movies at home. I've gone out to eat a handful of times but even that I really don't see much need for. I'm fine with just ordering delivery and eating at home.

My wife though has had a significant impact since she's a pharmacy manager at a major hospital. She's seen several cases of patients who died from COVID at the hospital including a few who were under 50. Their ER has been at full capacity or over-capacity for most of the time since the pandemic started.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 01/28/22 06:29 PM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4590397 - 01/28/22 06:36 PM Re: How has covid affect your daily life ? [Re: bolox]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by bolox
and for a significant portion was banned from the activity I use to 'restore my mental health'- motorcycling.

I totally get this man. One of my favorite things to do on the weekend was to go hiking in the local area but since the pandemic that has been impossible to partake in because the trails became jammed full of people who never used to hike. The risk has been just too high. We're talking insane theme park levels of crowds-used to be a nice, peaceful event. Not anymore.

(I am an introvert so I may be exaggerating a bit as I'm naturally allergic to crowded places)

#4590400 - 01/28/22 07:23 PM Re: How has covid affect your daily life ? [Re: Blade_RJ]  
LB4LB Offline
Still lurking about
LB4LB  Offline
Still lurking about
Hotshot

Detroit Burbs
I had a beloved uncle pass from COVID. It was hard watching my Dad be so sad over it. I have ongoing health issues and had to endure having several minor procedures and a major surgery postponed many times until I was able to finally get it done. This did cause me a good bit of discomfort and stress, but I don't think I have the right to complain when so many have suffered so much. Overall I guess I would say that is not a major catastrophe for me and my family.

#4590411 - 01/28/22 08:00 PM Re: How has covid affect your daily life ? [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Herman Offline
Herman  Offline

Originally Posted by Blade_RJ
Me not much other than the first months of fear mongering by tv news media, but in daily life goods keep getting smaller/lighter but the price is the same or increasing i wonder if its the same in the north pond.

Not affected in the least. My daily routine has not changed a whit.

Alas, the same shrinkage phenomenon is happening in Canada, with packages almost uniformly reducing in size about 15-20% frown

ScenShare Guidelines :

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon community's #1 choice

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
#4590412 - 01/28/22 08:19 PM Re: How has covid affect your daily life ? [Re: Blade_RJ]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
I haven't been to the gym in almost 2 years. That has been the biggest impact for me.

#4590413 - 01/28/22 08:22 PM Re: How has covid affect your daily life ? [Re: Blade_RJ]  
semmern Offline
Veteran
semmern  Offline
Veteran

Oslo, Norway
Lost my job. Last landing in the 737 was Dec 23, 2020.

Been hard to find work since.

Looks like I’m close to getting back to getting paid for flying again, fortunately, but it’s been a tough time.

In all my years I've never seen the like. It has to be more than a hundred sea miles and he brings us up on his tail. That's seamanship, Mr. Pullings. My God, that's seamanship!
#4590414 - 01/28/22 08:35 PM Re: How has covid affect your daily life ? [Re: Blade_RJ]  
RedOneAlpha Online content
RedOneAlpha  Online Content

LEGE
Lost my mother due to COVID, next month will be 2 years from now. My sister almost left too two weeks later as she also caught COVID while In the hospital with my mother. Due to my job I also caught COVID a year ago and passed it on to my girlfriend, we are ok now. Restrictions In Spain have been on and off and as someone above stated, I could not hike as I would like to which for me Is my escape pod. I wont go Into details (as someone also stated) because otherwise this would end up In the politics threads, but I will say that all this BS that´s going on, and for all the people that have lost there jobs and loved ones this Is really changing how some of us think, and what we can expect for the future. No It hasn´t been easy, and no they haven´t made It easy either! Nothing really makes any sense...

Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram DDR4, Sapphire Pulse AMD RX 6700 12GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2) 480GB + 960GB, 447GB SSD´s, Samsung G6 32" , Logitech G13, G502, Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Simagic Alpha Mini, and Formula Extreme FX, DC Simracing DC1 pedals, GT Omega ART cockpit, TrackIR 5.0.
AUDIO: Aiyima A07 Max, Topping E50 and L50 stack, Polk Audio Signature Elite ES20 , and Shennheiser HD 560s. DAP: Hiby R3, Hiby Seeds, and iBasso IT01, Sharp MD-MT 80H Minidisc.
#4590420 - 01/28/22 09:45 PM Re: How has covid affect your daily life ? [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Arthonon Offline
Veteran
Arthonon  Offline
Veteran

California
I was fortunate enough to be able to work from home starting in March of 2020, and did that for about a year. Due to the nature of the kind of work the company I work for does, they stayed in operation with reduced staff, and being in IT, I did have to go into the office from time to time. That expanded as time moved on, and I am almost entirely office-based now, even though we're not at full operating levels at the company yet.

Other than that, like most people I haven't gone out to eat as much, don't spend much time shopping in stores, etc. I haven't seen a movie at the theater but I didn't really go much anyway, preferring to watch on my larger TV with 5.1 audio (no morons talking out loud in the middle of the movie, etc.). The local hiking trails were closed for a couple of months early on, but they've been open for a while so I've been able to do that. The only other thing is that because I wasn't at the office as much and eating all the fast food, I lost about 20 pounds (9kg) without even really trying.

Ken Cartwright

No single drop of rain feels it is responsible for the flood.

http://www.techflyer.net

#4590430 - 01/28/22 11:15 PM Re: How has covid affect your daily life ? [Re: RedOneAlpha]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
Originally Posted by Red2112
Lost my mother due to COVID, next month will be 2 years from now. My sister almost left too two weeks later as she also caught COVID while In the hospital with my mother. Due to my job I also caught COVID a year ago and passed it on to my girlfriend, we are ok now. Restrictions In Spain have been on and off and as someone above stated, I could not hike as I would like to which for me Is my escape pod. I wont go Into details (as someone also stated) because otherwise this would end up In the politics threads, but I will say that all this BS that´s going on, and for all the people that have lost there jobs and loved ones this Is really changing how some of us think, and what we can expect for the future. No It hasn´t been easy, and no they haven´t made It easy either! Nothing really makes any sense...

Sorry for your loss red,.

i might add that i was affected actually...now that you said it, i remember very early on, before it was actually declared pandemic here in rio, they were desperaly trying to open rooms for CTIs of covid.....and my mom that had just had a brain surgery (liquid drain valve) was basically kicked off the hospital to recover at home because they didnt want to risk contact with possible covid patients in her debilitated state,but truthly they were just trying to make room,anyone who could recover was "sugested"to do it at home. But my mom was completely vegetative when she left, i was still at work and had to ask for an early vacation so i could take care of her....then they started all the lock down and my workplace was closed anyway. i had to learn stuff from phisioterapy from internet videos to help her.

#4590431 - 01/28/22 11:17 PM Re: How has covid affect your daily life ? [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Rumpelhardt Offline
Rumpelhardt  Offline

Maine
The wife and I are both retired. live out in the boonies and are naturally antisocial so not very much at all.

Resident Bitter Clinger
#4590502 - 01/30/22 03:11 PM Re: How has covid affect your daily life ? [Re: Blade_RJ]  
RedToo Offline
RedToo  Offline

Bolton UK
Just carried on. I'm a primary school teacher. Hated teaching online - so much work for so little reward (learning). I hate Google Classroom with a passion, like going back to the nineties. Been interesting watching the different waves of Covid come and go in school. It was obvious when delta arrived and now omicron. Lots of staff off at the moment, children not so much. (Delta hit the kids harder.) My school is in the poorest ward in Oldham, Greater Manchester, the staff are a great mix of Bangladeshi, Pakistani and white British, quite a lot of the Bangladeshi staff have lost family members to Covid. The children are Bangladeshi, eastern European, Afghanistani, Syrian and white British in that order, they all get over Covid with few problems. The majority attitude in school is that we just get on with our jobs, what will be will be. One interesting day in school was when a large group of staff received their first vaccinations. The response to the jab varied from no symptoms at all to being violently ill, with no correlation to age that I could see (early twenties to early sixties).

https://sthildasceprimary.co.uk

Personal life, again carried on as much as possible as normal. Never stopped visiting shops etc. etc. The only major change is with my mother who is 92 and lives alone. It's hard not being able to visit and support her.

My 'Waiting for Clod' thread: http://tinyurl.com/bqxc9ee

Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.
Elie Wiesel. Romanian born Jewish writer, professor, political activist, Nobel Laureate, Holocaust survivor. 1928 - 2016.

Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one - the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts. C.S. Lewis, 1898 - 1963.
#4590533 - 01/30/22 07:30 PM Re: How has covid affect your daily life ? [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Really not much here, especially lucky with no loved ones or really close friends passing from it.

I go out as much as I can afford, mingle with unknown folks, and just try to live my life, my way.

Luckily, I live in Florida, and we have been fortunate in many ways, and I will leave it at that.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.