Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4588391 - 01/03/22 12:18 AM Happy new year and please help remind my old brain  
manitouguy Offline
manitouguy  Offline

Vancouver BC Canada
Hi all – it has been quite sometime since I have posted so firstly happy new year to all and I hope you and yours are all staying as safe as possible

I have tried to find in my previous post the question I had asked some time ago – and cannot find it so will ask again for some assistance

I am about to purchase beyond heaven and hell 2 and would like to save the files for all of my joystick and key can fix

I seem to recall there is a utility tool to uninstall my previous version and someone had given me some advice about how to maintain my current joystick settings and key config‘s etc.

If someone could please remind me very much appreciated so I can get back in the air as I can’t wait to finally try the latest version of this fantastic program

Thanks in advance -Ron

#4588400 - 01/03/22 02:42 AM Re: Happy new year and please help remind my old brain [Re: manitouguy]  
manitouguy Offline
manitouguy  Offline

Vancouver BC Canada
OK did a bit more digging and went to the FAQ section as well

Am I correct that if I back up some of the files in the users, app data roaming OBD that I can then re-insert them once I install the game?

I see there is one there for keys config and I am wondering if there’s another that can save for all of my graphics settings and game preferences too?

Cheers Ron

#4588419 - 01/03/22 05:07 AM Re: Happy new year and please help remind my old brain [Re: manitouguy]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
It's been a while since I had to backup and restore my settings, so I don't know if I can help you, but I think you are on the right track. However, the easiest thing to do is to use Robert Wiggins' backup and restore tool, available on Sandbagger's site under tools. JJJ65's Mission Editor also backs up pilots and settings, I believe.

Someone more in the know should be along shortly with the information you need.

Welcome back to WOFF!

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”
#4588427 - 01/03/22 07:54 AM Re: Happy new year and please help remind my old brain [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBob
... JJJ65's Mission Editor also backs up pilots and settings, I believe. ..

Yes, it does. Just open any mission file and click Save button. That is all. To restore settings and pilots, click, (guess what) Restore button wink

#4588476 - 01/03/22 08:42 PM Re: Happy new year and please help remind my old brain [Re: manitouguy]  
manitouguy Offline
manitouguy  Offline

Vancouver BC Canada
Thanks gentlemen for the replies – I am not looking to save any previous pilots, just all of my key / controls settings and hopefully all of my game settings - graphic settings and other options so I do not have to do those again

I think if I back up the key mapping file I can replace it after install, I am not sure about the game Settings – I am guessing that might be in a UI file somewhere?

Regards Ron

#4588477 - 01/03/22 09:16 PM Re: Happy new year and please help remind my old brain [Re: manitouguy]  
Burning_Beard Offline
Burning_Beard  Offline

Red Bluff, CA
The place you find that file is on the C drive, users, your name, App Data, Roaming, OBD Games, OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields.... The file is WOFFKeys.xca. Scroll down and you will find your game controllers and button assignments/axis assignments. I just copied the whole file and put it where I could find it if/when I needed it.

Beard

More Scotch and Stogies for my Wingman!

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM