#4586144 - 11/30/21 01:22 AM This a beautiful Airplane  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
At at least by my eyes. Practical, not yet. Slick? Yep. yep

Looks like it might be quite a handful to fly, but heck, most of us have ground looped numerous 109's and were still here typing. winkngrin

Seriously, a very cool looking aircraft.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4586155 - 11/30/21 03:54 AM Re: This a beautiful Airplane [Re: Nixer]  
JimK Offline
Veteran
JimK  Offline
Veteran

Spokane,WA
Fastest E-Plane yet. Give it couple years and it double when E-Jets become popular.

Erebus Full Tower:Windows 7 Ult 64bit:Intel� Core� i7
3930K Processor(6x 3.20GHz)32GB[4 GB X8] DDR3-1866:GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan 6GB:1.5Kw PSU: 43" Sceptre 4k:
LG Blu-ray burner,: hd1/750GB,hd2/2TB,hd3/1TB,hd4/1TB,HD5/4TB

Youtube videos
Flickr Photos
#4586156 - 11/30/21 06:19 AM Re: This a beautiful Airplane [Re: Nixer]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Nice looking plane.

I chuckled when one man speaking said, "This a real opportunity to travel in a net zero way."

Heh, wonder where he thinks the electricity to charge the plane comes from...

#4586160 - 11/30/21 10:29 AM Re: This a beautiful Airplane [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
semmern Offline
Veteran
semmern  Offline
Veteran

Oslo, Norway
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Nice looking plane.

I chuckled when one man speaking said, "This a real opportunity to travel in a net zero way."

This is my major peeve with the enviro-crowd. Buzzwords like «fossil-free» and such. The power to charge electric vehicles is still often dirty, it is just that the emissions don’t come from your car’s or plane’s exhaust directly, but from a powerplant funnel somewhere else. Which of course can be a good thing for your local air quality, but still, the idea that power magically appears out of nowhere is absurd.

In all my years I've never seen the like. It has to be more than a hundred sea miles and he brings us up on his tail. That's seamanship, Mr. Pullings. My God, that's seamanship!
#4586163 - 11/30/21 11:32 AM Re: This a beautiful Airplane [Re: Nixer]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Blastman and semmern both "get it". I wish more people did.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4586167 - 11/30/21 11:46 AM Re: This a beautiful Airplane [Re: Nixer]  
semmern Offline
Veteran
semmern  Offline
Veteran

Oslo, Norway
I’m all for reducing emissions, but taxing people by increasing road tolls and other car-related expenses does nothing while the big pollluters are allowed to continue as before, and a nation of one and a half billion people is allowed to open more than 150 coal power plants over the next years..

In all my years I've never seen the like. It has to be more than a hundred sea miles and he brings us up on his tail. That's seamanship, Mr. Pullings. My God, that's seamanship!
#4586168 - 11/30/21 11:52 AM Re: This a beautiful Airplane [Re: semmern]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by semmern
and a nation of one and a half billion people is allowed to open more than 150 coal power plants over the next years..

When the West stopped making its own manufactured goods and outsourced it to China, it became China's bitc*. Full stop.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4586169 - 11/30/21 12:00 PM Re: This a beautiful Airplane [Re: Nixer]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
It's a pet peeve of mine too, just looking at the final product and declaring how 'green' it is.

The process of lithium mining doesn't exactly look environmentally friendly either.

We seem to be rushing from one terrible idea to the next with regards to our planet.

Anyway, back on topic, yes that aircraft has some beautiful lines.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4586171 - 11/30/21 02:09 PM Re: This a beautiful Airplane [Re: Nixer]  
Allen Offline
Hotshot
Allen  Offline
Hotshot

Ohio USA
When I retired from NASA, I looked for a "problem" to solve. Went with what was then called "Catastrophic Anthropogenic Global Warming". When I started, I was a "believer". I spent a few months downloading raw climate data, reading up on the subject, making calculations, etc. I determined it was bad science. Now, I'm a "denier" smile

I've kept up with what's written -- but no more calculations. Since my period of intense study the data has been "doctored" -- so, repeating what I did would be harder. And, since the the high temperatures were already stable 15 years ago (colder parts of the world are warming slightly), they changed the name to "Climate Change".

The small heating taking place in colder climes and increased CO2 is net beneficial to the environment. We live in a cold, low CO2 period in the Earth's last few hundred million year history. On paper, the next roughly 90,000 year long glacial period is not far off -- not a good thing, long term.

As you've noted above, for every ton of emissions cut by North America and Europe, China has added a few tons during the last 20 years, or so. That is slated to continue -- moreover, India and Africa are joining in and adding their share (okay with me -- they need the energy). But, what we do to reduce CO2 is wasted effort. Atmospheric CO2 is rising faster than ever (but, the temperature isn't).

I like electric cars for the near future (not quite perfected yet). And, safe/clean nuclear energy (or fusion energy, if perfected) is the way to go -- as we run out of hydrocarbon fuels during the next couple hundred years (or sooner if India and Africa really get going).

And on and on. Just my "denier" opinion, FWIW smile

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro
#4586172 - 11/30/21 02:15 PM Re: This a beautiful Airplane [Re: Nixer]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
Well, to play the other side a bit, there obviously is a case to be made that electric energy is a more efficient carrier of potential energy than fossil fuels...

With this aircraft, I suppose a lot of the long startup checklist falls by the wayside, which should be a nice bonus.

#4586176 - 11/30/21 04:33 PM Re: This a beautiful Airplane [Re: Allen]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by Allen

I like electric cars for the near future (not quite perfected yet). And, safe/clean nuclear energy (or fusion energy, if perfected) is the way to go -- as we run out of hydrocarbon fuels during the next couple hundred years (or sooner if India and Africa really get going).

And on and on. Just my "denier" opinion, FWIW smile

I too am for clean nuclear and solar--especially if they increase the efficiency of panels(of which they're continually reaching limitations, i.e. quantum limits for current tech). Perhaps even a network of space based solar collectors and attenuated microwave transmitters would be nice. Fusion, I fear, we may be a long ways off from. I do not have much confidence in ITER at all. Sure, they're making a bigger toroid with stronger magnets but, frankly, I think they need to look towards how the sun produces fusion instead and focus on figuring out what...

a) Space itself is.
b) Using that knowledge and discover precisely how matter links with space(Higgs, but how?) and then manipulating space or matter to achieve the desired effect.

Both exceptionally tall orders. Regardless, ITER reminds me of high school algebra and geometry, where we were first taught the hard, tedious way to solve a problem only to be shown a week later a far more efficient route to achieve the same answer.

I'm not sold on warming, either. Climatology is extremely complex! From all of my reading and study of extrasolar worlds and variables with influences on climate, we very well may have a grasp and approach the means of modeling our own Earth, but there's far too much at stake in regards to agenda that makes the data pools these models draw from extremely prone to manipulation. Likewise, I suspect much shrugging off of certain causative agents because they do not fit perceived biases.

Back to OP: If someone wants to make an electric plane that flies for hours--cool! I hope they succeed. Avgas is expensive. smile

Newton's first law of thermodynamics, however... remains a challenge. It takes power to translate matter from rest to motion and to remain in motion within an atmosphere. But maybe they'll make the plane lighter through composites while staying as strong or stronger, and perhaps slicker and sleeker, too. We all benefit from techniques such as these.

#4586177 - 11/30/21 04:38 PM Re: This a beautiful Airplane [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
but there's far too much at stake in regards to agenda that makes the data pools these models draw from extremely prone to manipulation. Likewise, I suspect much shrugging off of certain causative agents because they do not fit perceived biases.

You sir win the SimHQ posting prize for today.

#4586351 - 12/03/21 04:52 AM Re: This a beautiful Airplane [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
Timothy Offline
Hotshot
Timothy  Offline
Hotshot

Phoenix - Ft. Carson
Nice looking plane.

Unicorn farts and fairy pee.

Keep Calm and Check Canopy

There are no ex-paratroopers, only ones off jump status

Learn Economics at:
http://www.mises.org
Carthago delenda est

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.