Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4583636 - 10/26/21 06:09 AM Survey for ver. 2.0 of the FM pack for BH&H2  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

It's that time of year again gents' when I like to do a little survey for remaining things that I may be interested in checking out, for a future (ver. 2.0) of the FM upgrade package for BH&H2 (and yes, the additions will be backported into a ver. 7.0 of the WOFF UE/PE-era FM packs too - for all retro WOFFers - and so that the FM upgrades remain identical across WOFF UE/PE/BH2). Please choose the response you are most interested in, in the survey below (I will leave the survey open for about a month). I hope to get to ver. 2.0 of the FM upgrade package sometime early in the next year - depends of course on (real) work-related duties.

Happy WOFFing all,
Von S smile2

Ver. 2.0 of FM Upgrade Pack for BH&H2
single choice
Look over the Fokk. Eindeckers (the E.I, E.III, and E.IV; E.II was tweaked already) - and tweak the FMs.
14%, 1 Votes
Look over the Halby types (D.II and D.III, also making a D.V variant out of the D.III) - and upgrade the FMs accordingly.
29%, 2 Votes
Look over the early Fokk. biplanes (the D.II and D.III) - and tweak the FMs.
0%, 0 Votes
Look over the Lewis-only-armed Nieup. family and integrate the previous FM upgrades done for the Vickers-armed Nieups.
57%, 4 Votes
Total Votes: 7
Voting on this poll ends: 11/26/21 11:59 PM
Last edited by VonS; 10/26/21 06:11 AM. Reason: Edited post.

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4586016 - 11/27/21 08:39 AM Re: Survey for ver. 2.0 of the FM pack for BH&H2 [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

A big thank you to all who voted in the survey for a possible, future Ver. 2.0 of the FM pack for BH&H2. The results are obvious - will eventually upgrade the FMs (sometime early in the new year hopefully) on the Lewis-armed (RFC/RAF) Nieups. with many of the FM changes that were already implemented for the French (Vickers-armed) Nieups. That will then likely be the last ver. of the FM pack for BH&H2, unless some new aircraft pop into the picture in the meantime - perhaps a Morane-Saulnier Type N, Longhorn/Shorthorn, etc.? smile2 (FM upgrades for the British Nieups. will also be included in the older WOFF UE/PE FM pack.)

Cheers all and happy flying,
Von S

Last edited by VonS; 11/27/21 08:42 AM. Reason: Edited post.

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4586098 - 11/29/21 11:13 AM Re: Survey for ver. 2.0 of the FM pack for BH&H2 [Re: VonS]  
AlbrechtKaseltzer Offline
AlbrechtKaseltzer  Offline

Originally Posted by VonS
That will then likely be the last ver. of the FM pack for BH&H2, unless some new aircraft pop into the picture in the meantime - perhaps a Morane-Saulnier Type N, Longhorn/Shorthorn, etc.? smile2

Not sure if you're looking for more stuff to tweak or not. But if you are, just throwing this out there - has there been any discussion about a possible FM for the early Benz-engined Albatros D.I's, or a Fokker D.III FM to account for the transition from wing-warping to ailerons, or the SPAD XVII that was basically a SPAD XIII airframe with the 300hp H-S 8Fb engine? I've also read a couple sources indicating that there were significant differences in the durability of the wings on the OAW-built Albatros D.III, and that could be another FM mod worth exploring.

Feel free to ignore if you're all FM'ed out, of course! copter

#4586137 - 11/29/21 07:45 PM Re: Survey for ver. 2.0 of the FM pack for BH&H2 [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

@Albrecht, interesting suggestions - will think at least about that Spad 17 and Benz-powered Alby D.I modification. Might even get to those tweaks first, and will leave the larger RFC-Nieup. upgrades for later on.

Cheers all,
Von S smile2

Last edited by VonS; 12/15/21 10:06 PM. Reason: Edited post.

#4587435 - 12/18/21 07:02 PM Re: Survey for ver. 2.0 of the FM pack for BH&H2 [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Very brief update to this thread (for those who don't visit CombatAce regularly) that the Benz-powered Alby D.1 and SPAD 17 FM tweaks are now available under this post, for BH&H2 (see the relevant link under the pic. there). Also available under the same thread are the WOFF UE/PE versions of the same tweaks. The upgrade of the RFC/RAF-Nieups. will follow sometime in the new year when I find more free time from work.

Happy holidays & happy WOFFing,
Von S smile2

#4595884 - 04/02/22 01:23 AM Re: Survey for ver. 2.0 of the FM pack for BH&H2 [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Final update to this (somewhat old) thread - with the little free time that I have, I will focus (when possible) in the future only on maintaining my GPU Tuners for WoFF/WoTR, and/or optimizing them further if possible. No future FM packs will be done for WoFF UE/PE/BH2 - the last additions include an early Aviatik B.I, as well as the 200 hp Fokker-built D.VII, with links located under the relevant CombatAce thread for WoFF. Packages are available there both for WoFF UE/PE and BH&H2.

Have decided not to upgrade the Lewis-only Nieups. with the FM changes applied previously in my FM packages to the Vickers-armed Nieups. - largely in order to preserve (historical) varieties in the Nieup. performance spectrum in WoFF that are already available. I will however come out of "FM retirement" temporarily if a Morane Bullet is ever released for WoFF (maybe with the AC pack that WM vaguely promised for 2023??... one can hope) - the M-S Type N is one of my favorites and too exciting not to tinker with.

Cheers all and happy flying (with stock or modified FMs),
Von S smile2

Last edited by VonS; 04/02/22 01:24 AM. Reason: Edited post.

#4595891 - 04/02/22 03:26 AM Re: Survey for ver. 2.0 of the FM pack for BH&H2 [Re: VonS]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Thanks, sir.

I completely understand your need to ease off on the modding for a while. You have certainly done more than your fair share of FM modding, and I agree that more is not needed at this point--unless the Morane Bullet ever becomes a thing in the sim!

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans