Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4585751 - 11/23/21 05:23 AM Logitech 3D Pro joystick not seen....  
gregb1952 Offline
gregb1952  Offline

BHHII does not recognize the joystick, Logitech 3D Pro. . It appears on the controls section of the workshop but it's greyed out.
I can change keys and remap to my hearts content but it doesn't matter.........the joystick is not functional.
I've read the faq and searched for help here to no avail. Don't want to give up as the game looks.
amazing

Last edited by gregb1952; 11/23/21 05:30 AM.
#4585754 - 11/23/21 06:31 AM Re: Logitech 3D Pro joystick not seen.... [Re: gregb1952]  
lederhosen Offline
lederhosen  Offline

Germany
oh oh, I just got that stick yesterday

make mistakes and learn from them

I5 4440 3.1Ghz, Asrock B85m Pro3, Gtx 1060 3GB
#4585756 - 11/23/21 07:07 AM Re: Logitech 3D Pro joystick not seen.... [Re: gregb1952]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

@OP, make sure that you have the following correct device type entry in your C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\OBD_Games\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\WOFFKeys file:

<Device Type=" Logitech Extreme 3D Pro USB">

Also, for further info. regarding suggested key mappings, etc., you might find this post helpful.

You might have to do some unbinding/rebinding from within the WOFF in-sim menu if you want to use buttons 11 and 12 on the Logitech , but I usually just edit the WOFFKeys file manually (simpler that way - or maybe "professional deformity" since text file editing is the First Eagles 2 approach to modifying things biggrin ).

Cheers all,
Von S smile2

Last edited by VonS; 11/23/21 07:11 AM. Reason: Added info.

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4585808 - 11/23/21 08:07 PM Re: Logitech 3D Pro joystick not seen.... [Re: gregb1952]  
hoongadoonga Offline
hoongadoonga  Offline

I've never had any problems using one with BH&HII. In fact, it's the only stick I've ever used with all the different versions of WOFF over the years and it's always worked properly.

#4585818 - 11/24/21 12:18 AM Re: Logitech 3D Pro joystick not seen.... [Re: VonS]  
gregb1952 Offline
gregb1952  Offline

Originally Posted by VonS
@OP, make sure that you have the following correct device type entry in your C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\OBD_Games\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\WOFFKeys file:

Also, for further info. regarding suggested key mappings, etc., you might find this post helpful.

You might have to do some unbinding/rebinding from within the WOFF in-sim menu if you want to use buttons 11 and 12 on the Logitech , but I usually just edit the WOFFKeys file manually (simpler that way - or maybe "professional deformity" since text file editing is the First Eagles 2 approach to modifying things biggrin ).

Cheers all,
Von S smile2

Well part of the problem may be that <Device Type=" Logitech Extreme 3D Pro USB"> doesn't appear at all. Should I just add it?

#4585819 - 11/24/21 12:19 AM Re: Logitech 3D Pro joystick not seen.... [Re: hoongadoonga]  
gregb1952 Offline
gregb1952  Offline

Originally Posted by hoongadoonga
I've never had any problems using one with BH&HII. In fact, it's the only stick I've ever used with all the different versions of WOFF over the years and it's always worked properly.

Never had an issue until BHH2

#4585822 - 11/24/21 03:48 AM Re: Logitech 3D Pro joystick not seen.... [Re: gregb1952]  
gregb1952 Offline
gregb1952  Offline

OK I'm having no luck whatsoever. I did a total re-install. Now when starting a mission I get "Error copying Global Layer. Make sure Mission Builder is not running."

I didn't get this before so who know's what is different. So now I can't even get as far as I did before.

I read the FAQ and I have excepted C:\OBD Software (the whole folder) from all Norton activity.

Clueless. Disgruntled.

#4585823 - 11/24/21 04:37 AM Re: Logitech 3D Pro joystick not seen.... [Re: gregb1952]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Originally Posted by gregb1952
Well part of the problem may be that <Device Type="Logitech Extreme 3D Pro USB"> doesn't appear at all. Should I just add it?

That would definitely be one of the main problems.

Feel free to add it, and, also - at least to make sure that everything works - copy over that entire set of WOFF entries I have included in the post I am linking to a few posts above this one (from the casual campaigns thread). Might as well copy-paste that entire section into your WOFFKeys file, save, and then re-test in WOFF to see if the joystick is then working. Simplest thing would be to send you my WOFFKeys file but unfortunately I don't know how text/file attachments work here, if at all, on SimHQ. Best is to copy-paste that section from the specified post under the casual campaigns thread, and to give it a whirl - might work.

Also, make sure that for the device type there is no space before the first set of quot. marks and the word Logitech - for some reason a space shows up there when posting in these forums because SimHQ automatically makes the word Logitech into a link. In the meantime, I'm sure that someone from OBD will see this thread and give some advice too.

For convenience, here is the relevant section included below, to add into your WOFFKeys file (if missing):

-----

<GameMode Name="Player">
<Axis ID="X" Action="Set_Bank" Scale="25" Nullzone="10" FriendlyDesc="Bank Control (Ailerons)" Category="AircraftControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Axis ID="Y" Action="Set_Pitch" Scale="25" Nullzone="10" FriendlyDesc="Pitch Control (Elevator)" Category="AirCraftControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Axis ID="Throttle" Action="AXIS_THROTTLE_SET" Scale="127" Nullzone="1" FriendlyDesc="Throttle" Category="AircraftControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Axis ID="Rudder" Action="Set_Yaw" Scale="45" Nullzone="20" FriendlyDesc="Yaw Control (Rudder)" Category="AircraftControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Pov ID="1" Action="HeadPov" FriendlyDesc="Head POV" Category="ViewControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="1" Action="Fire_Guns" FriendlyDesc="Fire All Guns" Category="WeaponControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="2" Action="ENGINE_BLIP_BEGIN" FriendlyDesc="Rotary Engine Blip" Category="EngineControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="3" Action="Switch_View" FriendlyDesc="Switch View" Category="ViewControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="4" Action="TogglePadlock" FriendlyDesc="Padlock Toggle" Category="CombatControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="5" Action="PrevTarget" FriendlyDesc="Previous Target" Category="CombatControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="6" Action="NextTarget" FriendlyDesc="Next Target" Category="CombatControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="7" Action="SPOILERS_ARM_ON" RepCnt="2" FriendlyDesc="Lower Lewis Gun" Category="WeaponControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="8" Action="SPOILERS_ARM_OFF" RepCnt="2" FriendlyDesc="Raise Lewis Gun" Category="WeaponControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="9" Action="SPOILERS_ARM_SET" FriendlyDesc="Reload Lewis Gun" Category="WeaponControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="10" Action="AttemptGunsUnjam" FriendlyDesc="Attempt To Unjam Guns" Category="WeaponControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="11" Action="MIXTURE_INCR" RepCnt="1" FriendlyDesc="Mixture Increase" Category="EngineControl" P4Use="y"/>
<Button ID="12" Action="MIXTURE_DECR" RepCnt="1" FriendlyDesc="Mixture Decrease" Category="EngineControl" P4Use="y"/>

-----

Good luck with the tweaks,
Von S

Last edited by VonS; 11/24/21 04:43 AM. Reason: Edited post.

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4585825 - 11/24/21 05:19 AM Re: Logitech 3D Pro joystick not seen.... [Re: VonS]  
gregb1952 Offline
gregb1952  Offline

Von S., thank you so much for the information. I'll copy and paste it into my WOFF Keys file.

Now all I need do is figure out how to get the program operating again and I'm golden.

#4585907 - 11/24/21 11:12 PM Re: Logitech 3D Pro joystick not seen.... [Re: gregb1952]  
gregb1952 Offline
gregb1952  Offline

So I've determined that running this game and having Norton Antivirus on your system are mutually exclusive propositions.
Last resort, I removed Norton and re-installed the game. Everything works perfectly, even the joystick. Amazing. So now
I've got a decision to make.

#4585910 - 11/24/21 11:55 PM Re: Logitech 3D Pro joystick not seen.... [Re: gregb1952]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

I have no recent experience with Norton - only with Norton disk-cleaner/checker back in the 1990s on a PowerMac 7600/120. For what it's worth, I am happy with the baked-in Windows Defender (antivirus/antimalware) that is found in Win10. Recommended however is to customize settings further in WinDefender via the "Configure Defender" utility located at this link. To download, click on the green "Code" button located in the top-right of the screen on that page, and choose the drop-down option called "Download ZIP."

I have ConfigDefender set to "higher" settings and I've experienced no problems - recommended is to avoid the "max" setting. In terms of other internet security, all the standard jazz of course applies - such as AdGuard AdBlocker for your web browser, and a sturdy email program (preferably desktop program) to minimize virus vector entry into one's "pjuter." I use Sylpheed for mail on the Win10 side; the standard Apple mail "app" is fine on the Mac side.

Happy computing and flying,
Von S smile2

Last edited by VonS; 11/25/21 02:07 AM. Reason: Edited post.

#4585919 - 11/25/21 08:41 AM Re: Logitech 3D Pro joystick not seen.... [Re: gregb1952]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Originally Posted by gregb1952
So I've determined that running this game and having Norton Antivirus on your system are mutually exclusive propositions.
Last resort, I removed Norton and re-installed the game. Everything works perfectly, even the joystick. Amazing. So now
I've got a decision to make.

Used Norton once many years ago mate..I hated it, I’ve used Kaspersky for the last 8-10 years and never ever had a problem. I also think kaspersky do a free version?

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4585928 - 11/25/21 11:47 AM Re: Logitech 3D Pro joystick not seen.... [Re: gregb1952]  
Becker01 Offline
Becker01  Offline

It is not the first time, that an antivirus-program makes problems (for WOFF and other).

Short info:
I have the Thrustmaster T-FlightStick X in use more than 5 years, plug and play, 12 buttoms, very similar to the Logitech . No problems!!

Greetings

Last edited by Becker01; 11/25/21 11:48 AM.
#4585941 - 11/25/21 05:49 PM Re: Logitech 3D Pro joystick not seen.... [Re: gregb1952]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

That does not surprise me, personal experience with Norton many moons ago made me steer well clear ever since. Maybe they still hook way too deep into a system.
Glad you sorted it. I have used ESET for years brilliant software.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4585942 - 11/25/21 06:21 PM Re: Logitech 3D Pro joystick not seen.... [Re: gregb1952]  
RedToo Offline
RedToo  Offline

Bolton UK
We use Avira free at work and I use it on a couple of family machines - works well.

https://www.avira.com/en/free-antivirus-windows

My 'Waiting for Clod' thread: http://tinyurl.com/bqxc9ee

Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.
Elie Wiesel. Romanian born Jewish writer, professor, political activist, Nobel Laureate, Holocaust survivor. 1928 - 2016.

Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one - the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts. C.S. Lewis, 1898 - 1963.
#4585945 - 11/25/21 07:16 PM Re: Logitech 3D Pro joystick not seen.... [Re: gregb1952]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

@OP, also perhaps worth looking at, if you are not comfortable relying only on the cooked-in WinDefender - is the (free) antivirus suites from Avast or Bitdefender. I'm using Avast on the Mac side and it is not obtrusive - also uses few resources and doesn't slow anything down. Bitdefender I've never tried but will load it one of these days and compare - perhaps switching to it if I like it more than Avast (and if it uses even less resources).

There's also the bare-bones ClamAntiVirus engine (terminal commands, no GUI) but recommended with it is a GUI - such as "ClamWin" for Windows (last I heard ClamWin was no longer being updated but if it is - I'd sooner use that than Avast or Bitdefender since it is even more bare bones). If using ClamWin - also look into "ClamSentinel" which is the real-time scanning component that fits with ClamWin (ClamWin requires manually checking of files - or a schedule to be set up to scan, for example, weekly, but does not have real-time protection).

Again, I don't know if ClamWin/Sentinel are still being updated - they stopped for a while but I see that the copyright on their pages has been refreshed to 2021. Hmm - will have to give it a whirl and maybe it will (again) be my go-to antivirus setup. Too bad there's no free GUI equivalent on the Mac side that goes with ClamAntiVirus.

Cheers all,
Von S smile2

Last edited by VonS; 11/25/21 07:18 PM. Reason: Edited post.

#4585964 - 11/26/21 06:25 AM Re: Logitech 3D Pro joystick not seen.... [Re: gregb1952]  
gregb1952 Offline
gregb1952  Offline

Many thanks for all the recommendations and comments regarding anti-virus software. another decision to make smile

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.