Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4527838 - 06/29/20 12:01 AM Re: GPU Tuner Patch for WOTR [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

@Racingfan,

Yes, the two separate folders that you find inside, once you unzip my main WOTR GPU Tuner patch folder, should be placed into the "MODS" folder of your main WOTR directory, and then enabled via JSGME. The two folders that go into MODS are:

"01_VonS_MaxFPSnGraphicsGPUtuner_ver1.1" and "02_VonS_MaxFPSnGraphicsGPUtuner_ver1.2"

The "02" folder should be installed after the "01" folder, via JSGME - simply override/replace the "01" folder if JSGME pops up any warnings.

Von S smile2

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4565094 - 04/19/21 12:07 AM Re: GPU Tuner Patch for WOTR [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Bit of extra info. about the WOTR Tuner Patch - specifically regarding the tweaked shaders.xml file located in the WOFF GPU Tuner patch - it may be copied over to the WOTR Patch too:

https://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4565093/re-wotr-pics#Post4565093

Cheers all,
Von S smile2

Last edited by VonS; 04/19/21 12:12 AM. Reason: Edited post.

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4565226 - 04/20/21 12:10 AM Re: GPU Tuner Patch for WOTR [Re: VonS]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Cheers VonS, look forwards to any work that can help with any potential FPS issues cheers

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4584757 - 11/09/21 08:33 AM Re: GPU Tuner Patch for WOTR [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Bumping this thread up with the latest update info. - please see the first post of this thread for info./link to the WOTR Enhancement Package Ver. 1.0 that supersedes the older WOTR GPU Tuner Patch.

Representative screenies below - and, yes, those are the BH&H2 1.17 improved clouds plus 23 selected clouds from the 4L0M ver. 2.0 clouds pack loaded successfully in WOTR. For more info. on how manually to set up and JSGME-load BH&H2 1.17 clouds into older WOFF UE/PE installs, also into WOTR, see this post under the WOFF Casual Campaigns thread.

ReShade preset files being used in BH&H2/WOTR, by the way, are also located under the same CombatAce thread where the WOTR Enhancement Package is found (scroll up/down to find the relevant files while there).

Cheers all and happy WOTRing,
Von S smile2

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached Files 01wotr.jpg02wotr.jpg
Last edited by VonS; 11/09/21 08:44 AM. Reason: Embedded representative pics.

#4621150 - 02/20/23 04:58 AM Re: WOTR (Now Phase Two) Enhancement Package [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Refreshing this thread with a new post that includes a few other details regarding the WoTR Phase Two Enhancement Package (have also included relevant changes in the very first post of this thread).

Have done a bit more tweaking to my BoF expansion install and I'm pleased with the results overall. Turning off of FXAA and LumaSharpen in my ReShade profile for WoTR increases ave. FPS by about 5-6. Have also tinkered with the in-sim menus and I'm getting good results with cloud scale/density, also terrain reflections and glossiness, set to a value of 4 (I usually use a value of 6 for those entries in my FrankenWoFF 4.18 and BH&H2 installs). Mods. also continue to work well in the BoF expansion (and that previously worked well in Phase One; I'm including a pic of that below in this post, too).

As well did some circuits in the Hawk 75 and enjoyed it very much - a nimble aircraft but somewhat underpowered. Recommended is to lower engine RPMs on it (do this when at full non-WEP throttle, for accurate results) to about 2500 -- should improve engine life since the Hawk seems to have been rated historically up to about 2550 RPM (see this good link that includes specs. on the Hawk, with several other fine documents linked to on that page). In terms of other details regarding the Hawk, I'm getting good landings with magneto one on (and two off) -- no need that way for flaps, except if used (unorthodoxly) as emergency air brakes if coming in too quickly, or too steeply. Didn't bother testing max. historical recorded speed of about 510 kph but it goes up into the 450s kph with no problem.

If you find that the Phase Two Enhancement Package is "enhancing" your experience in the BoF expansion a bit too much biggrin -- might I recommend removing the simulation.xml file from the package before loading it via JSGME -- the simulation.xml file, among other things, increases AI enthusiasm by about 10% for novices and 5% for aces/veterans, increases fighter-on-fighter threshold values to -2/-3 (which makes the AI engage a bit longer in dogfights even after suffering minor damage), and also reduces the collision range and min. alt. in dogfights to 150 and 60 m AGL, respectively, etc. These last couple of values may also be modified via the excellent "WoTR Customizer" (i.e., MultiMod) by JJJ.

NOTE: the "scenery density" value in the BoF expansion was at a default of 3, in my install, before I began tinkering with it; values of either 2 or 3 work best on my rig (tweak to taste/performance obviously on your own rig, for that entry) -- in the WoFF series, for example, I run that value at 5, with no major FPS drop -- in WoTR Phase Two, I prefer either a value of 2 or 3, from what I've been able to test, for best compromise between decent scenery detail/congestion and acceptable FPS.

Cheers all and happy (Phase Two) WoTRing,
smile2

Settings & Mods. Used
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Random Pics with FPS not Dropping Below About 50 or So (XJouve's "Lite" Water Mod. Ver. 1.1 continues to work well, as it did in WoTR Phase One; all pics are also with my ReShade profile for WoTR loaded)
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Bringing the Hawk in at Amiens (scenery in all pics in this post contains a light, selective mod. chosen from some WoFF-UE era tiles done by 4L0M)
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached Files 01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg05.jpg06.jpg07.jpg08.jpg09.jpg
Last edited by VonS; 02/20/23 07:23 PM. Reason: Embedded representative pics.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.