Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#4583292 - 10/22/21 01:33 PM Alec Baldwin Rust movie incident  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
edit :Changed title because of nanny state, and people who cant read] (original sensacionalist title was Alec Baldwin charge of murder of cinematographer ....by the internet)

An investigation is currently underway after actor Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) discharged a prop gun, killing the movie's cinematographer and wounding the director

The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that a prop firearm discharged on the New Mexico set of Rust has resulted in the death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins. Director Joel Souza, meanwhile, is said to be in critical condition. Producer and star Alec Baldwin fired the gun, and while an active investigation is underway, no charges have been filed by authorities.

There's every likelihood this was a tragic accident, but something clearly went badly wrong here. Apparently, there was a misfire with blanks, and it's possible the gun wasn't modified properly.

"The entire cast and crew has been absolutely devastated by today’s tragedy, and we send our deepest condolences to Halyna’s family and loved ones," a spokesperson for the movie says. "We have halted production on the film for an undetermined period of time and are fully cooperating with the Santa Fe Police Department’s investigation. We will be providing counseling services to everyone connected to the film as we work to process this awful event."

sauce : https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/alec-baldwin-rust-movie-incident-1235035095/

as a non american who is not gunho but not against firearms either, my honest question is....why are real guns still being used as props in movies ? you can do with fake ones, producers enjoy cgi everything to make it cheaper. blanks will still fire whatever is in the barrel like shotgun,right ?
some heads will roll after this. do you think that * political side* as herefor mentioned as to avoid pwec will use this to a wide ban on sets ?
you can easily make fully functioning replicas to replace with a cgi double to get the actors the feel and even weight.

Last edited by CyBerkut; 10/22/21 02:13 PM. Reason: Correcting thread title
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4583294 - 10/22/21 01:40 PM Re: Alec Baldwin Rust movie incident [Re: Blade_RJ]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Your thread title is misleading, sensationalist and quite honestly insulting.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4583296 - 10/22/21 01:43 PM Re: Alec Baldwin Rust movie incident [Re: Blade_RJ]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Exactly, I've not seen a single source claim he has been charged with anything, let alone murder. But then Blade has never met a tale of misfortune that didn't make him giddy with delight. This is likely just wishful thinking.

So any source confirming the charges? The article you linked specifically states no charges have been filed.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4583297 - 10/22/21 01:47 PM Re: Alec Baldwin Rust movie incident [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

and thus i confirmed you are a bot, good for postings but cant get the nuances of human humour. as it is written in the small text (BY THE INTERNET) as in, people are blaming him, the quote i gave you and the source, give you the facts. the title is misleading on purpose.do i really need to add a joking before the quote ?

edit>you too Dbond missed the sensasionalist headline joke......woosh.....

Last edited by Blade_RJ; 10/22/21 01:48 PM.
#4583299 - 10/22/21 01:50 PM Re: Alec Baldwin Rust movie incident [Re: Blade_RJ]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yeah, because that was clear, right?

How could I be so blind?

#4583304 - 10/22/21 02:04 PM Re: Alec Baldwin Rust movie incident [Re: Blade_RJ]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Originally Posted by Blade_RJ

and thus i confirmed you are a bot, good for postings but cant get the nuances of human humour. as it is written in the small text (BY THE INTERNET) as in, people are blaming him, the quote i gave you and the source, give you the facts. the title is misleading on purpose.do i really need to add a joking before the quote ?

Titling a thread "Alec Baldwin CHARGED with the MURDER of cinematrographer on set" isn't humorous, it's just a falsehood. Changing it.

#4583306 - 10/22/21 02:08 PM Re: Alec Baldwin Rust movie incident [Re: CyBerkut]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
Originally Posted by CyBerkut

Titling a thread "Alec Baldwin CHARGED with the MURDER of cinematrographer on set" isn't humorous, it's just a falsehood. Changing it.

i just did, did you rechange, or you override what i did?

#4583307 - 10/22/21 02:18 PM Re: Alec Baldwin Rust movie incident [Re: Blade_RJ]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Originally Posted by CyBerkut

i just did, did you rechange, or you override what i did?

I was changing the original title, apparently at the same time as you. I have now changed again, as your second choice was still placing suspicion upon Alec Baldwin, when it appears they are investigating the prop gun or its handler.

#4583315 - 10/22/21 03:48 PM Re: Alec Baldwin Rust movie incident [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Of course they'd investigate the gun.

After all, guns kill, not people. rolleyes

I guess Baldwin missed the old adage, never point ANY gun at anyone.

Unless of course you have to use it.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4583316 - 10/22/21 04:05 PM Re: Alec Baldwin Rust movie incident [Re: Blade_RJ]  
LB4LB Offline
Still lurking about
LB4LB  Offline
Still lurking about
Hotshot

Detroit Burbs
An actor put a pistol to his head (in a jokingly manner) with a blank in it in 1984, and the force of the 'shot" killed him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon-Erik_Hexum

Somebody screwed up, or the "weapon malfunctioned".

Last edited by LB4LB; 10/22/21 04:05 PM.
#4583317 - 10/22/21 04:20 PM Re: Alec Baldwin Rust movie incident [Re: Nixer]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Nixer
Of course they'd investigate the gun.

After all, guns kill, not people. rolleyes

I guess Baldwin missed the old adage, never point ANY gun at anyone.

Unless of course you have to use it.

Huh? What's this ramble about? This accident happened on a MOVIE SET where most likely Badlwin was rehearsing a scene where the director told him to point the gun so that the director and director of photography could see how the scene would look.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4583327 - 10/22/21 05:52 PM Re: Alec Baldwin Rust movie incident [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Allen Offline
Hotshot
Allen  Offline
Hotshot

Ohio USA
As many here know (and noted above), blanks are not "risk free". It will be interesting to eventually read the "mechanical details" of how discharging this "blank" caused a death.

i.e. Were they "filming" a scene or was it an accidental discharge nominally "off camera"? Did a "particle" unexpectedly fly out of the barrel? Was the barrel too close to someone and the gas discharge did it? etc

Was it even an innocent accident or something more unconscionable (e.g. was the gun "jokingly" pointed at someone and discharged)?

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro
#4583328 - 10/22/21 05:54 PM Re: Alec Baldwin Rust movie incident [Re: Blade_RJ]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Well it wasn't a blank, it was a live round, according to reports.

#4583329 - 10/22/21 05:54 PM Re: Alec Baldwin Rust movie incident [Re: Allen]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Allen
As many here know (and noted above), blanks are not "risk free". It will be interesting to eventually read the "mechanical details" of how discharging this "blank" caused a death.

It was not a blank. One of the Hollywood production unions already confirmed that the gun had a live round in the chamber.

edit: Dang! ninja'd by DBond!

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 10/22/21 05:56 PM.

#4583330 - 10/22/21 05:56 PM Re: Alec Baldwin Rust movie incident [Re: Blade_RJ]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Told ya!

(about being a ninja I mean)

#4583333 - 10/22/21 06:10 PM Re: Alec Baldwin Rust movie incident [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Allen Offline
Hotshot
Allen  Offline
Hotshot

Ohio USA
Read the report. According to reports, the first impressions are a "live round" in a real firearm without a "safety block" in the barrel. The fact that it penetrated one person and hit another indicates a "penetrating projectile" of some sort.

How did a live round get on a movie set in the first place (it that's what happened, its totally unjustifiable in my mind)? There seems to be more to this one.

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro
#4583337 - 10/22/21 06:15 PM Re: Alec Baldwin Rust movie incident [Re: Blade_RJ]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

One News cast sated Baldwin said that who gave me a Hot Gun ? or words to that effect. It could mean: 1 loaded with blanks Or 1 loaded with real Bullets Used in some scenes for realism and special effects .In any case the Basic Firearm Safety Rules that He did break was not to point a Firearm at anything that U do not want destroyed and always check to make sure its empty He is partly to blame for Loss of life.

May the lovely Woman Rest In Peace and be in our thoughts.

Last edited by carrick58; 10/22/21 06:18 PM.
#4583361 - 10/22/21 10:02 PM Re: Alec Baldwin Rust movie incident [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Arthonon Offline
Veteran
Arthonon  Offline
Veteran

California
Interesting info about the union people leaving due to safety concerns. Brings up the possibility that someone might have wanted to make a point or something, or just that it really was an unsafe environment.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...-baldwin-rust-camera-crew-walked-off-set

Ken Cartwright

No single drop of rain feels it is responsible for the flood.

http://www.techflyer.net

#4583362 - 10/22/21 10:05 PM Re: Alec Baldwin Rust movie incident [Re: Blade_RJ]  
LB4LB Offline
Still lurking about
LB4LB  Offline
Still lurking about
Hotshot

Detroit Burbs
^ If that's the case, that's one sick #%&*$#.

#4583365 - 10/22/21 10:35 PM Re: Alec Baldwin Rust movie incident [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Arthonon Offline
Veteran
Arthonon  Offline
Veteran

California
The comment about someone making a point was just conjecture on my part, and there's no evidence to support it, other than people complaining about safety and leaving the set.

There was this comment in the article, which also brings into question whether it was an actual bullet, although I don't know what else would be able to cause what happened:

A source close to union said Local 44 does not know what projectile was in the gun and clarified that “live” is an industry term that refers to a gun being loaded with some material such as a blank ready for filming.

Ken Cartwright

No single drop of rain feels it is responsible for the flood.

http://www.techflyer.net

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.