Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4568347 - 05/14/21 04:18 AM FM Upgrade Package for BH&H2 Now Available  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Hello fellow WOFFers, thought I'd put up a survey regarding possible interest in having my Ver. 6.5 FM Package (for WOFF UE/PE) upgraded to BH&H2-compatibility. Choose only one response from the possible responses listed below - I will keep the survey open for about 6 weeks or so.

Cheers all,
Von S smile2

Interest in FM Pack Upgrade for BH&H2-Compatibility
single choice
Please do upgrade your FM package to BH&H2-compatibility because I have used several of those FM mods. in WOFF UE/PE and found them to be valuable additions to historical WOFFing.
52%, 15 Votes
Upgrade only the hot-rod mounts such as the rare Hisso. (8Ba) Se5a, the 150 hp Fokk. Dr.1, etc., but don't bother upgrading the other FM tweaks.
0%, 0 Votes
I might load a few of the FM mods. eventually in BH&H2, but I am in no hurry since I am enjoying BH&H2 in stock form, so take your time with the FM-mod. compatibility upgrade because it is not as important to have in BH&H2 as in WOFF UE/PE.
28%, 8 Votes
Don't bother upgrading the FM package at all to BH&H2-compatibility because the FM realism is just fine in BH&H2 and I will not be loading any third-party FM mods. (leave that stuff for the WOFF UE/PE era and those backport combos. that you enjoy
21%, 6 Votes
Total Votes: 29
Voting on this poll ends: 06/24/21 11:59 PM
Last edited by VonS; 10/12/21 07:50 AM. Reason: Updated title of first post and thread.

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4568361 - 05/14/21 12:08 PM Re: Survey of Possible Interest in FM Package Upgrade for BH&H2 [Re: VonS]  
Maeran Offline
Maeran  Offline

UK
I've voted for option 1, but really I'd say 1 and 3 if I had the choice.

Take your time with the FMs they aren't essential to enjoying the game, but they are great to have to show changing performance over time. I'd much rather have them than not

#4568442 - 05/14/21 08:54 PM Re: Survey of Possible Interest in FM Package Upgrade for BH&H2 [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

@Maeran, thanks kindly for your comments. I see that the votes are trending well, with options 1 and 3 being the most popular - once the voting window closes on June 24, I will then re-check the results and, if option 1 or 3 are the most popular, will commit to upgrading the entire FM pack. I have found a nice parser file in the meantime which will help to cut down on the upgrade time.

Cheers all and looking forward to the final voting results,
Von S smile2

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4570210 - 05/27/21 09:29 PM Re: Survey of Possible Interest in FM Package Upgrade for BH&H2 [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Just bumping this thread up gents'. I see that the results are trending well, particularly the enthusiastic ones. This will be the only bump to this thread. Thanks to all who voted in the survey.

Cheers all,
Von S smile2

Last edited by VonS; 05/28/21 04:00 AM. Reason: Edited post.

#4570257 - 05/28/21 11:29 AM Re: Survey of Possible Interest in FM Package Upgrade for BH&H2 [Re: VonS]  
jeanba Offline
jeanba  Offline

I voted 1 because I use your FMs (particularly Spads) nearly all the time

#4570356 - 05/29/21 03:11 AM Re: Survey of Possible Interest in FM Package Upgrade for BH&H2 [Re: VonS]  
Witchy Woman Offline
Witchy Woman  Offline

usa
I admit to using most all of them and liked them.

#4570360 - 05/29/21 05:19 AM Re: Survey of Possible Interest in FM Package Upgrade for BH&H2 [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

@jeanba and Witchy, thank you for the comments. I see that the top response in the survey is currently trending best so, at this point, I will most likely commit to upgrading the entire FM pack (as it exists in ver. 6.5). I will however let the survey run until the deadline of June 24 and will then work on the upgrade.

@jeanba, I will streamline the FM package for BH&H2 in such a way that the 30 or so FMs that overhaul the stock aircraft are in one JSGME-friendly folder, and then the other 15-20 FMs, for early/later aircraft types, will be in separate, JSGME-friendly folders, to facilitate easier loading (for example, the first folder with several aircraft will, among other things, tweak the stock 180 hp SPAD 7 and 220 hp SPAD 13, loading a separate folder on top of that big FM folder will then either downgrade/upgrade the SPAD 13 to 200 or 235 hp, etc.). This will also help for those who only fly DiD Campaigns since they may then bypass the stock FM overhaul folder and only load the individual aircraft FMs that load early or late types, without modifying the stock version of that type. [Edit: have decided instead on keeping aircraft folders separate from one another, but merely labeled/numbered for easier loading, etc., since a larger, stock-tweaked aircraft folder would have been more confusing than the current setup.]

Happy flying all,
Von S smile2

Last edited by VonS; 10/12/21 05:33 AM. Reason: Edited post.

#4582426 - 10/12/21 05:14 AM Re: FM Package Upgrade for BH&H2 Now Available [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

FM Upgrade Package for BH&H2 now available at the following link. (Upgrades the previous, ver. 6.5 FM pack that is available for WOFF UE/PE.) I wish to take this opportunity to thank my two helpers who did wonders to cut down on the upgrade time for the package - "Find and Replace" and "Delete All Except."

Cheers all,
Von S smile2

[Linked Image]

Attached Files VonsfmPackageBH&H2alternatePic.jpg
Last edited by VonS; 10/12/21 05:30 AM. Reason: Embedded representative pic.

#4582470 - 10/12/21 10:29 PM Re: FM Package Upgrade for BH&H2 Now Available [Re: VonS]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Thanks for all the hard work, VonS! Maybe once I finish work on the cloud mod, I will have a chance to try out your FM's. And yes, "Find and Replace" is indeed our friend!

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”
#4582694 - 10/16/21 05:08 AM Re: FM Upgrade Package for BH&H2 Now Available [Re: VonS]  
AlbrechtKaseltzer Offline
AlbrechtKaseltzer  Offline

I have loaded two mods from the FM package:

#1 - Fokker Dr. I 150 hp
#2 - Fokker D.VI Siemens-Halske 160 hp

I'm experiencing a couple issues, the main one being that when I de-activate either of these mods in JSGME, I get the following error messages...any idea what I did wrong, any idea how to fix it?

EDIT: I have confirmed that the original XFM file for the default flight model is there, as is the CFG. For whatever reason, the game is just not recognizing its presence/existence.

Attached Files image_2021-10-15_220733.pngimage_2021-10-15_220751.png
Last edited by AlbrechtKaseltzer; 10/16/21 05:14 AM.
#4582695 - 10/16/21 05:18 AM Re: FM Upgrade Package for BH&H2 Now Available [Re: VonS]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
Have you checked the content of cfg file? Is mentioned model line present?

#4582696 - 10/16/21 05:44 AM Re: FM Upgrade Package for BH&H2 Now Available [Re: JJJ65]  

Originally Posted by JJJ65
Have you checked the content of cfg file? Is mentioned model line present?

All the .cfg files, including for stock working FMs, have the exact same content:

[fltsim.0]
title = aircraft
sim = aircraft

That's it. And it's like that for all of them, including the ones that are working fine.

This is the same as I'd seen it previously - I'd assumed this was normal.

UPDATE: I added the line suggested by the error message. Still won't run unless I have the modified FM activated.

Also bear in mind that when I have the modified FM activated, all the other CFGs are as I've shown above in bold, and they run just fine.

Last edited by AlbrechtKaseltzer; 10/16/21 06:13 AM.
#4582697 - 10/16/21 06:17 AM Re: FM Upgrade Package for BH&H2 Now Available [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Hi Albrecht, have now tried to reduplicate exactly on my system the error you are experiencing, with the 150 hp Dr.1 and Siemens-Halske D.VI files, by loading and flying both, then offloading one and flying, then offloading the other and flying, then offloading both and flying, etc. - and have not been able to reduplicate the error.

Here is a list of the mods. that I have loaded in BH&H2, apart from the upgraded FMs that I load:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\MODS]

01_AutoConsolidatedModVer2.3
02_AutoSupplementHavrincourtWood
03_AutoSupplementVerdunForts
04_Effectstrailersmoke
05_FrankenBHAHenhancementPackageVonS
06_UserSkinsJerbear4.0
07_SkinFixesJerbear1.7

I am, by the way, running the WOFF.exe for BH&H2 in "Windows 7 compatibility mode" - the cfs3.exe should be left as is. Both exes are located in the "OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields" folder. My BH&H2 is patched to the latest ver. 1.16.

One tip that may work (from the WOFF UE days to solve other problems too) - offload all mods. and run a "quick mission" (not "quick combat") briefly in WOFF - helps to repopulate some generic/stock files I think, however strange it may sound.

EDIT: Have also PM-ed you here on SimHQ. By the way, that "cfg" info. is normal - it is there even in stock WOFF in the relevant files. My FM mods. only swap in/out the xfm files (11 xfm files in total per aircraft type).

Hope you manage to get your mod-loading oddities sorted,
Von S

Last edited by VonS; 10/16/21 06:32 AM. Reason: Edited post.

#4582752 - 10/17/21 01:10 AM Re: FM Upgrade Package for BH&H2 Now Available [Re: VonS]  

Originally Posted by VonS
Hi Albrecht, have now tried to reduplicate exactly on my system the error you are experiencing, with the 150 hp Dr.1 and Siemens-Halske D.VI files, by loading and flying both, then offloading one and flying, then offloading the other and flying, then offloading both and flying, etc. - and have not been able to reduplicate the error.

Here is a list of the mods. that I have loaded in BH&H2, apart from the upgraded FMs that I load:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\MODS]

01_AutoConsolidatedModVer2.3
02_AutoSupplementHavrincourtWood
03_AutoSupplementVerdunForts
04_Effectstrailersmoke
05_FrankenBHAHenhancementPackageVonS
06_UserSkinsJerbear4.0
07_SkinFixesJerbear1.7

I am, by the way, running the WOFF.exe for BH&H2 in "Windows 7 compatibility mode" - the cfs3.exe should be left as is. Both exes are located in the "OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields" folder. My BH&H2 is patched to the latest ver. 1.16.

One tip that may work (from the WOFF UE days to solve other problems too) - offload all mods. and run a "quick mission" (not "quick combat") briefly in WOFF - helps to repopulate some generic/stock files I think, however strange it may sound.

EDIT: Have also PM-ed you here on SimHQ. By the way, that "cfg" info. is normal - it is there even in stock WOFF in the relevant files. My FM mods. only swap in/out the xfm files (11 xfm files in total per aircraft type).

Hope you manage to get your mod-loading oddities sorted,
Von S

Hey, thanks for looking into this in so much detail. I really appreciate that - that shows a great deal of personal investment in the project and in the WOFF community.

I'm not sure what the issue was on my end; my best guess is that maybe there was something wonky about installing some patches and mods in a particular sequence, which could have led to some fault in the files (and finding that fault would be like uncovering a needle in the Atlantic Ocean). I fiddled around with everything I could think of and wasn't getting anywhere, so I just did a clean uninstall/reinstall/update with the latest patch, put in my favorite couple of mods up front etc. and everything's all clear and working fine both with and without the FM mod.

I WISH I could find an answer, whether in the form of a solution or a preventative "here's what I did to #%&*$# this up, avoid this issue by not doing what I did," but I'm stumped!

But IMO it's all working now, and all's well that ends well. I looooooove the added variety and versatility, as well as the overall idea of being able to hot-rod these airplanes into something more effective, idiosyncratic, combat-ready and yet also true to the history. This whole WOFF thing is quite the achievement both from OBD and from the community.

Last edited by AlbrechtKaseltzer; 10/17/21 01:11 AM.
#4582753 - 10/17/21 01:23 AM Re: FM Upgrade Package for BH&H2 Now Available [Re: AlbrechtKaseltzer]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Originally Posted by AlbrechtKaseltzer
This whole WOFF thing is quite the achievement both from OBD and from the community.

thumbsup

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans