Just waited outside a local "Best Buy" store for many early-morning hours for a chance at a new Gfx card to replace elderly Gigabyte 2060 OC Pro card. Got a Gigabyte 3060 Ti OC card for a (currently) reasonable $550, which is a few hundred $ less than "street" price. Might be able to sell existing 2060 OC Pro card for a significant re-coup of money spent.

Doubt the new card will be stressed when flying EAW games, but nice insurance policy for other, newer games.

Was a fairly big deal to me, as I play many vid games, and former 2060 Gfx card was a "bottleneck" with upgraded Intel I-9 9900K CPU.

Computer is running smooth, with zero bottlenecks, even on the most demanding games.

Upgrading is not only fun, but required, eventually. Sometimes, upgrading can pay for itself.

ETA: I was shocked at the increased level of detail the new Gfx card provides. while using the same, fairly high-end computer. A side-by-side comparison would reveal how much better the new Gfx card is compared to the old 2060, which is no #%&*$# slouch.

ETA: What with new 3060 OC Gfx card having proven iteself as reliable, will sell-off old Gigabyte 2060 OC Pro (3-fan model) on Ebay. With any luck, will get at least as much for it (on today's crazy Gfx card market) as I paid for the 3060 Ti Oc card.

All the best, folks!

Last edited by RIBob; 10/29/21 07:38 PM.