Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#4581596 - 10/01/21 04:37 PM Ok, who is going to watch Bond?  
RossUK Offline
RossUK  Offline

Eastbourne, UK
I hopefully am tonight fingers crossed as long as childcare is sorted.

Cannot wait.

Though I think a day showing maybe better as prefer less idiots grazing, texting and chatting.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4581599 - 10/01/21 04:40 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
I will be seeing it as well. The vast majority of reviews from the critics are glowing and many of them have made the comment that "No Time to Die" is a very fitting send-off for Daniel Craig.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4581605 - 10/01/21 05:12 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
Arthonon Offline
Veteran
Arthonon  Offline
Veteran

California
My girlfriend and I are probably going to go see it at a fancy theater as our first foray back into movie theaters. Probably not opening night, but as soon as we can.

Ken Cartwright

No single drop of rain feels it is responsible for the flood.

http://www.techflyer.net

#4581613 - 10/01/21 06:14 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I'm fine on my own, thank you very much!

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4581616 - 10/01/21 06:25 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: DBond]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Originally Posted by DBond

biggrin

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4581622 - 10/01/21 07:34 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: DBond]  
Arthonon Offline
Veteran
Arthonon  Offline
Veteran

California
Originally Posted by DBond

[Linked Image]

Ken Cartwright

#4581633 - 10/01/21 10:02 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
Allen Offline
Hotshot
Allen  Offline
Hotshot

Ohio USA
We watched the entire James Bond series during the last year -- bought the multi-disk set.

Regarding this most recent film, our plan was/is to wait for a DVD (or equal) to become available. We expect to wait a while.

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro
#4581954 - 10/06/21 02:34 AM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
Woke Politics killed the Bond franchise, any talk of a new Bond is entirely subterfuge. there is no possible continuation of the franchise now.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
#4581957 - 10/06/21 03:20 AM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: Allen]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Originally Posted by Allen
We watched the entire James Bond series during the last year -- bought the multi-disk set.

Regarding this most recent film, our plan was/is to wait for a DVD (or equal) to become available. We expect to wait a while.

Look something like this?...

[Linked Image]

Love my box set which ends with Spectre; not interested in any more.

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
#4581976 - 10/06/21 10:29 AM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: KRT_Bong]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by KRT_Bong
Woke Politics killed the Bond franchise, any talk of a new Bond is entirely subterfuge. there is no possible continuation of the franchise now.

I will take a wait and see attitude. After all, Barbara Broccoli calls the final shots when it comes to the Bond franchise so we'll see what happens in 2022.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4581978 - 10/06/21 10:35 AM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
Sluggish Controls Offline
Sluggish Controls  Offline

Hong Kong
Watched it last night, loved everything about it.
Loved each and every 163min of it.

Cheers,
Slug

"Major Burns isn't saying much of anything, Sir. I think he's formulating the answer..." - Radar - M*A*S*H
#4581985 - 10/06/21 11:32 AM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: MarkG]  
Allen Offline
Hotshot
Allen  Offline
Hotshot

Ohio USA
Originally Posted by MarkG

Look something like this?...

[Linked Image]

Love my box set which ends with Spectre; not interested in any more.

Looks EXACTLY like that smile

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro
#4582213 - 10/08/21 09:57 AM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
NoFlyBoy Online content
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Online Content
Hotshot

Not me. I won't support a woke Bond film. At the end of the credits it says James Bond Will Return. Go see the movie and come back and explain to me How will he return. You will know what I mean after you see the movie. I think they are going to reboot the series with a female James Bond or a gay James Bond or a African American James Bond. The African American community been demanding for several years now that James Bond be played by a Black actor Idris Elba . The gay community been demanding that James Bond should be gay. Women been saying James Bond should be a Jane Bond.

They already in this movie gone and replace James Bond with an African American woman and gave her his 00 # of 007 after Bond rode off into the sunset in his Aston Martin with the French girl and quit the British Secret Service at the end of Spectre: the 00 # reassignment was clearly shown in the first preview that was released back in early 2020. If they can reassign 00 numbers, they can also reassign the name James Bond. After all anyone who works in the gadget department is called Q and anyone who is his boss is called M. So why not makes James Bond is just a name given out to agents? Just like actresses and actors have a professional name they use when they are acting.

Also what happened to the Bond-esque action sequences we came to know and love. This is more like a long-drawn out family drama. James Bond, the family man, making pancakes for his kid's breakfast. Also the director of this movie called Sir Sean Connery a rapist. Why would the producers hire someone to direct a Bond film when he doesn't understand the Bond character and the entire Bond series?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/emilymaeczachor/james-bond-director-007-once-raped-a-woman

I know why. So they can say (which they did, GOOGLE it) proudly he made history as the first Asian to direct a Bond film and during this Covid times where Asians are being blamed for it, that's a triumph for the Asian community: gotta check that box and score point..

Now that Amazon purchased MGM which includes the Bond films library, they will want to have something to say about the future James Bond film even if the Bond film are made by EON/DANJAQ productions owned by Barbara Broccoli. Amazon can only stream the Bond films that are already out and the new ones still get a theatrical release first. Owning MGM and the Bond films library does not give Amazon any say in how the movies are produced and written but you know Amazon, they might still try and Amazon and Netflix are all about Woke and checking every box.

James Bond is a relic of the cold war. His sleeping around and drinking and smoking and slapping women before he makes love to them and killing some of them after making love to them doesn't go well with today's society. It's clear that the producers want to draw a line under the James Bond franchise and start afresh pandering to the 'woke mob' , bring him to the 21st Century, so no segment of the movie audience are neglected and hoping that future tokenistic nonsense will prove as successful as the original premise was. It won't and never will. James Bond is an institution and it deserves respect, not total destruction. Classic Bond films will continue to be on TV and still fondly remembered for years to come.

#4582215 - 10/08/21 10:43 AM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Well.....look who's back.

#4582218 - 10/08/21 11:49 AM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
DM Offline
DM  Offline

Prague
I'm going to start a new movement called WokeWoke. It's the hysterical reaction to anything that anybody anywhere once called woke. smile

As for whether I'll see it - nah. I haven't seen a Bond movie for a long time. I've seen segments of them, lots of them, but nothing complete since maybe Moonraker or something like that. Not really a Bond fan since Connery.

"They might look the same, but they don't taste the same."
#4582227 - 10/08/21 02:21 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
lol, a classic ' I will not be a victim', victim statement

I like Bond movies, they remind me of my dad, who was also a double 0 agent. Well, not really, but we did attend the odd drive in theatre to watch Bond

#4582228 - 10/08/21 02:26 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: bisher]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by bisher
but we did attend the odd drive in theatre to watch Bond

You just seriously dated yourself there. biggrin

#4582230 - 10/08/21 03:10 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
I may end up watching this in my home theater. I want to go to see it in public but having lived through my wife's debilitating permanent illness whom researchers are now comparing to long covid(they may even be the same as ME/CFS is initiated by viruses), I can't gather up the cajones needed.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 10/08/21 03:11 PM.
#4582235 - 10/08/21 04:15 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
I may end up watching this in my home theater. I want to go to see it in public but having lived through my wife's debilitating permanent illness whom researchers are now comparing to long covid(they may even be the same as ME/CFS is initiated by viruses), I can't gather up the cajones needed.

Understandable especially since the movie is 163 minutes long so you would be in a movie theatre for at least 3 hours.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 10/08/21 04:16 PM.

#4582242 - 10/08/21 04:56 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Not me. I never go into the Bond films.

#4582412 - 10/11/21 08:28 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
I went and saw it at an early matinee, after showing 30 minutes of trailers and commercials. It is a good movie, Craig is brilliant. There were nods all through to past movies in the franchise history including most obviously On Her Majesty's Secret Service within the musical score pre-credits sequence and end titles. I don't think there was anything I would edit for time it was well paced and kept you engaged. The one thing that got me about the plot was this was written pre-pandemic and those who have seen it will understand just what I mean. I had heard certain spoilers and I was rather hasty in putting a stamp of disapproval on it til I got the context of the real weight of it. It made sense. I don't have to like it.
Bond movies have long run the gamut between reality, fantasy and self spoofing humor and back to something resembling this-could-be-happening-right-now.
This Bond, this 007, made it count.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
#4582450 - 10/12/21 05:35 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
archermav Offline
archermav  Offline

Black Country, England.
Saw it this morning. Excellent film, gonna miss Craig as Bond. Pitches it just right for me.

#4582681 - 10/15/21 08:39 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
Bill_Grant Offline
Hotshot
Bill_Grant  Offline
Hotshot

Dallas, TX
Took the Wifey and went and saw it last night. Apparently, I saw a different movie than y'all did.
It was slow and meandering. My Wife fell asleep for 20 minutes, and I nodded off twice!

I don't want to do any plot spoilers, but really? The whole James Bond Villain "My Plot To Take Over The World!!" was as fearsome as the phone call that says "This is the IRS and we have a warrant for your arrest, so call us now"
And what about the James Bond Henchmen? You know, the dangerous #2 guy that fights James and we don't know who is gonna win?
In the Past James has fought: Oddjob, Jaws, Hinx, Claw-hand Guy, Mayday, Vargas, Xenia Onatopp....
I don't even know the name of this #2 guy, but we can call him "Mr. Metrosexual Skinny-jean wearing, soy-latte drinking, hey-that's-not-my-job Henchman. I've seen more exciting fights in 10-yr old's Jr. League Football. Hell I forgot him before the movie was even over.

This was an ok movie.
This was not a Bond movie.

~Bill

In my defense, I was left unsupervised...
#4582686 - 10/15/21 11:48 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
I'll catch it online somewhere eventually.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4582687 - 10/16/21 12:11 AM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: Bill_Grant]  
JimK Offline
Veteran
JimK  Offline
Veteran

Spokane,WA
Originally Posted by Bill_Grant
Took the Wifey and went and saw it last night. Apparently, I saw a different movie than y'all did.
It was slow and meandering. My Wife fell asleep for 20 minutes, and I nodded off twice!

I don't want to do any plot spoilers, but really? The whole James Bond Villain "My Plot To Take Over The World!!" was as fearsome as the phone call that says "This is the IRS and we have a warrant for your arrest, so call us now"
And what about the James Bond Henchmen? You know, the dangerous #2 guy that fights James and we don't know who is gonna win?
In the Past James has fought: Oddjob, Jaws, Hinx, Claw-hand Guy, Mayday, Vargas, Xenia Onatopp....
I don't even know the name of this #2 guy, but we can call him "Mr. Metrosexual Skinny-jean wearing, soy-latte drinking, hey-that's-not-my-job Henchman. I've seen more exciting fights in 10-yr old's Jr. League Football. Hell I forgot him before the movie was even over.

This was an ok movie.

From the description you give, sounds more like a Johnny Quest movie.
Will catch it when it comes online.

Erebus Full Tower:Windows 7 Ult 64bit:Intel� Core� i7
3930K Processor(6x 3.20GHz)32GB[4 GB X8] DDR3-1866:GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan 6GB:1.5Kw PSU: 43" Sceptre 4k:
LG Blu-ray burner,: hd1/750GB,hd2/2TB,hd3/1TB,hd4/1TB,HD5/4TB

Youtube videos
Flickr Photos
#4582689 - 10/16/21 12:21 AM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: Bill_Grant]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by Bill_Grant

This was an ok movie.

Ugh. Sounds like a pass then.

#4582709 - 10/16/21 02:03 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Thanks for the review Bill. I’ll wait to see it on streaming.

#4583119 - 10/21/21 01:51 AM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Spidey Offline
Hotshot
Spidey  Offline
Hotshot

Jersey Yo
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Thanks for the review Bill. I’ll wait to see it on streaming.

It's the second best Craig movie other than Casino Royale (which I happen to think is best Bond movie overall). It's a definite must watch for me

"No power in the 'verse can stop me!!!"
#4583502 - 10/24/21 12:42 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
Gigolety Offline
Gigolety  Offline

Lugano
They told this movie is not getting enough money in the American movie theaters. They are loosing money and their result are below average

I speak many languages one of them is cesky
#4583503 - 10/24/21 01:15 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: Gigolety]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Gigolety
They told this movie is not getting enough money in the American movie theaters. They are loosing money and their result are below average

That’s part of the story. Yes, the US box office performance has been lower than expectations but the international box office performance has been very good. Between the international box office and the streaming revenue the movie will most definitely end up in the black.

#4583545 - 10/25/21 07:56 AM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: archermav]  
Gigolety Offline
Gigolety  Offline

Lugano
Originally Posted by archermav
Saw it this morning. Excellent film, gonna miss Craig as Bond. Pitches it just right for me.

Is it real the spoiler they told me? He is killed at the end of this movie, correct?

Last edited by CyBerkut; 10/25/21 12:48 PM. Reason: Added Spoiler tags

#4583556 - 10/25/21 10:52 AM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: Gigolety]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA

Is it real the spoiler they told me? He is killed at the end of this movie, correct?

Seriously dude? You should have used spoiler tags.

Last edited by CyBerkut; 10/25/21 12:50 PM. Reason: Added Spoiler tags

#4583642 - 10/26/21 09:06 AM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Gigolety Offline
Gigolety  Offline

Lugano

Seriously dude? You should have used spoiler tags.

:-) Bad boy, bad boy ahahah

I have been told I have no idea if this is true or not but from the "tag" block I am afraid it is true what they said to me ...

Ih,ih, bad boy

#4584350 - 11/03/21 10:19 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
gun_Harvey Offline
gun_Harvey  Offline

USA
Went to see it last weekend. I thought it was a pretty decent Bond movie. Good last one for Daniel Craig.

My only fear is what they will do for the next one.
Its been long established canon that Bond is more of a moniker and less of a birth name. So it won't be a problem imo if everything else stays the same and a new actor takes his place.

I personally would prefer for it not to be "Nomi" (the "007" girl). For one it would be stupid if she took on the name "James Bond" -- and surely they wouldn't give her some gender changed version like "Jamie Bond" as that would be laughable.
And if they get rid of James Bond altogether idk if I'll see the next one. James Bond *IS* 007. Start a different franchise if you want to change the story.

"Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill

Gun Facts: https://americangunfacts.com/
#4584370 - 11/04/21 01:43 AM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

Not me, I pass.

#4584389 - 11/04/21 10:37 AM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Wow, SimHQ has been getting quite a few new members lately. It's nice to see the site growing again....

#4584549 - 11/05/21 06:21 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
rollnloop. Offline
rollnloop.  Offline

France
It's an okay movie, just not a great Bond movie.

Craig has not been a good Bond after Casino imho, too old, too dark.

#4584551 - 11/05/21 06:25 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: rollnloop.]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by rollnloop.

Craig has not been a good Bond after Casino imho, too old, too dark.

Are you more of a Roger Moore fan? He was Bond when I was a kid so I liked him quite a bit but as I got older I discovered that most of his films have not aged well.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 11/05/21 06:25 PM.

#4584552 - 11/05/21 06:43 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
If the next Bond is a woman and they're called "Jamie Bond" or some nonsense like that then I'm done.

Bond is a man. Period.

I'm not against there being another 00x assigned to a woman. That I'm totally cool with and indeed, would be pretty neat. Just don't call them bond. There's one James Bond.

Roger Moore is my favorite, btw, although Timothy Dalton is tied with Sean Connery.

I wasn't into "Remington Steele" Bond at all, although I loved the TV show back in the early 80s.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 11/05/21 11:13 PM.
#4584558 - 11/05/21 07:59 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

Just my 2 cents: There was only one James Bond He was a risk taker and a Womanizer. Future Bonds are Wokers and will show a more political correct side.

Attached Files 394d8fbf-91aa-4306-9670-33bf042bedb7james bond.jpg
Last edited by carrick58; 11/05/21 08:05 PM.
#4584561 - 11/05/21 08:26 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
rollnloop. Offline
rollnloop.  Offline

France
Agree. As much as I liked roger moore and Pierce Brosnan, the best ever will always be Connery.

He WAS James Bond.

#4584688 - 11/08/21 12:03 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: rollnloop.]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by rollnloop.
Agree. As much as I liked roger moore and Pierce Brosnan, the best ever will always be Connery.

He WAS James Bond.

After some soul-searching and watching all of the Bond movies again recently I have to agree. Connery really did become the role and made it his own and his on-screen gravitas was undeniable. Daniel Craig comes in second place.

Pierce Brosnan was ok in my opinion.

#4584696 - 11/08/21 01:58 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
I have to say that Craig was "the Bond of my Generation". I saw Connery growing up, Brosnan when I was young, but Craig, whom I initially disliked, really brought the franchise into the 21st century (just my opinion, of course).

I also had no idea, until reading up further, that all five Craig movies are directly connected, something that hadn't been done before.

This particular one was enjoyable, though some of the plot points could have done with a lot more explanation. Like, why did the main villain have that plan with that factory? Why that second evil guy switch sides?

There were these minor downsides, but #%&*$# ,the end really hit me. Even though that too was a bit too "plotty" - certainly there would have been ways to resolve the situation better.

#4584786 - 11/09/21 01:40 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
When Roger Moore was Bond he was actually older than Connery, I always found it a bit distasteful that he was Soo much older than the women he was supposedly seducing and Lynn Holley Johnson was just wrong.

Last edited by KRT_Bong; 11/09/21 01:41 PM.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
#4584789 - 11/09/21 01:44 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: KRT_Bong]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
and Lynn Holley Johnson was just wrong.

If you remember "For Your Eyes Only", the attraction was unrequited. She kept going after Bond but Bond kept shooting down her advances specifically because she was so young.

#4584797 - 11/09/21 03:31 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Roger Moore is my favorite, btw, although Timothy Dalton is tied with Sean Connery.

I wasn't into "Remington Steele" Bond at all, although I loved the TV show back in the early 80s.

+1 thumbsup

Legend has it that, while still a wee tot, James Bond was interviewed and said that he wanted to be just like Roger Moore in 'The Saint' when he grows up.

Carry on gents and happy flying,
Von S smile2

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4584855 - 11/10/21 02:51 AM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
JimK Offline
Veteran
JimK  Offline
Veteran

Spokane,WA
Watching it right now on Amazon Prime. Rented it $19.99. Get 20 days to watch it all.
And having beer along with supper with the wife. Can`t go wrong this way.

Youtube videos
Flickr Photos
#4584872 - 11/10/21 12:57 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
and Lynn Holley Johnson was just wrong.

If you remember "For Your Eyes Only", the attraction was unrequited. She kept going after Bond but Bond kept shooting down her advances specifically because she was so young.

I mean as an actress in that movie she was just wrong, as far as I remember her only other acting credit was as a blind Ice skater in a movie with Robbie Benson.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
#4584920 - 11/10/21 10:44 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: JimK]  
Allen Offline
Hotshot
Allen  Offline
Hotshot

Ohio USA
Originally Posted by JimK
Watching it right now on Amazon Prime. Rented it $19.99. Get 20 days to watch it all.

We watch films on Blu-Ray these days. Your post got me interested in checking. Yup, Amazon is allowing pre-orders of the 4K version on disk (includes disks for all the other versions).

Nominally $26.99 plus shipping. Okay. But, surprise at checkout, I'm getting it FREE. Apparently, unbeknownst to me, I had earned a gift card somewhere along the way. They automatically applied it smile

Arriving shortly after Dec 21. Thanks for the post thumbsup

Attached Files Screenshot 2021-11-10 172224.jpg

#4584939 - 11/11/21 05:10 AM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: Allen]  
JimK Offline
Veteran
JimK  Offline
Veteran

Spokane,WA
Originally Posted by JimK

We watch films on Blu-Ray these days. Your post got me interested in checking. Yup, Amazon is allowing pre-orders of the 4K version on disk (includes disks for all the other versions).

Nominally $26.99 plus shipping. Okay. But, surprise at checkout, I'm getting it FREE. Apparently, unbeknownst to me, I had earned a gift card somewhere along the way. They automatically applied it smile

Arriving shortly after Dec 21. Thanks for the post thumbsup

Watching it again tonight again, Love it. Wishing I could download it. Phone and Ipad refuse. O-well. Such is life.

Youtube videos
Flickr Photos
#4585126 - 11/14/21 06:02 AM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
I haven't seen this yet but my daughter just did and told me the ending. I don't think I want to bother watching now, same as I skipped the latest Star Wars movie. Woke bee essss. Look out, another "Bond" is coming.

#4587049 - 12/13/21 11:53 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
NoFlyBoy Online content
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Online Content
Hotshot

They ruin the greatest longest movie series. My Bond film collection ends at Casino Royale. Quantum of Solace was a mess. It was made during the writers strike and it didn't have a complete clean script so things were made up during filming. Skyfall was dumb. Spectre even dumber. Both Skyfall and Spectre they gave minor Bond Girls role to two great actresses: Berenice Marlohe and Monica Bellucci. Both of their roles should had been bigger. Just like in No Time To Die, Paloma should had been the new 007 and not that Black actress who can't act and it's like a wooden pole with nothing to do.

Biggest mistake they made with Craig's Bond film is to make them a continuation of each other. Should had stuck to what worked for 24 years: each Bond film is a new story.

Next film franchise to be ruined: Indiana Jones. A new Indiana Jones movie is coming in 2022. It's also written by the same lady writer who co-wrote No Time To Die. Phoebe Waller-Bridge. She is the one who suggested
to have a Black actress replace Bond and she be given the 007 number.
She will be in the new Indiana Jones film as the new Indiana Jones and a new Indiana Jones films franchise will be made with her in the title role after Ford leaves the series in the 2022 film. That has already been confirmed by Disney. Phoebe Waller-Bridge is very woke, very feminist, very MeToo.

Connery will always be the best Bond

#4587095 - 12/14/21 12:13 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy

Next film franchise to be ruined: Indiana Jones. A new Indiana Jones movie is coming in 2022. It's also written by the same lady writer who co-wrote No Time To Die. Phoebe Waller-Bridge. She is the one who suggested
She will be in the new Indiana Jones film as the new Indiana Jones and a new Indiana Jones films franchise will be made with her in the title role after Ford leaves the series in the 2022 film. That has already been confirmed by Disney. Phoebe Waller-Bridge is very woke, very feminist, very MeToo.

Hollywood already made movies with a female Indiana Jones. It's called the Tomb Raider series.

And considering what a flaming pile of crap "Crystal Skull" is, that franchise died for me at that time so I don't care if the new Indy is a woman, a non-binary person, a blind handicapped person in a wheelchair, an Asian, a Hispanic, etc. since that franchise will not see another dime from me!

#4605315 - 08/07/22 05:54 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
NoFlyBoy Online content
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Online Content
Hotshot

#4605324 - 08/08/22 02:36 AM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Can't stand Colbert.

#4605742 - 08/12/22 04:43 AM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
wheelsup_cavu Offline
Lifer
wheelsup_cavu  Offline
Lifer

Corona, California
Can't stand Colbert.

+1,000,000 thumbsup

Wheels

Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
#4606175 - 08/17/22 09:23 AM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
BLiTZKRiEG Offline
BLiTZKRiEG  Offline

MEXiCO D.F.
Hollywood already made movies with a female Indiana Jones. It's called the Tomb Raider series.

Yes, that is correct, but they did not abuse the name Indiana Jones for a female copy of Indiana Jones plus subliminary brainwash introduced. Tomb Raider was cool!

#4606185 - 08/17/22 01:08 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
So the latest rumor going around in Hollywood is that Henry Cavil is currently in negotiations with the producers to be the next Bond.

#4606192 - 08/17/22 02:08 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
F4UDash4 Online cool
Veteran
F4UDash4  Online Cool
Veteran

SC
So the latest rumor going around in Hollywood is that Henry Cavil is currently in negotiations with the producers to be the next Bond.

He's pretty much the only one in the running I care to see get it

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz
#4606200 - 08/17/22 03:45 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
RossUK Offline
RossUK  Offline

Eastbourne, UK

I could see him as a Bond, yeah. Apparently he a really chilled guy in real life and bit of a gamer nerd, shares videos of his PC builds etc. Nice. I see he is a fan of Games Workshop stuff, not my bag but shows he doesn't seem to have an ego.

Plus his brother is a Royal Marine 👍

#4606201 - 08/17/22 04:14 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by RossUK

This reminds me about Ewan McGregor. I've read in the past that he has a brother who was a Tornado pilot in the RAF.

#4606205 - 08/17/22 05:59 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
RossUK Offline
RossUK  Offline

Eastbourne, UK
I'll have to look into that....

#4606223 - 08/17/22 07:46 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
archermav Offline
archermav  Offline

Black Country, England.
I'll have to look into that....

Indeed he has. Two of em have done a couple of TV shows together involving flying.

#4606294 - 08/18/22 08:28 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
rollnloop. Offline
rollnloop.  Offline

France

This reminds me about Ewan McGregor. I've read in the past that he has a brother who was a Tornado pilot in the RAF.

Whose call sign was "obi two" hahaha

#4606302 - 08/19/22 02:37 AM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Udidwht Offline
Udidwht  Offline

Seattle,WA/HB Ca./Shizuoka Jap...
They ruin the greatest longest movie series. My Bond film collection ends at Casino Royale. Quantum of Solace was a mess. It was made during the writers strike and it didn't have a complete clean script so things were made up during filming. Skyfall was dumb. Spectre even dumber. Both Skyfall and Spectre they gave minor Bond Girls role to two great actresses: Berenice Marlohe and Monica Bellucci. Both of their roles should had been bigger. Just like in No Time To Die, Paloma should had been the new 007 and not that Black actress who can't act and it's like a wooden pole with nothing to do.

Biggest mistake they made with Craig's Bond film is to make them a continuation of each other. Should had stuck to what worked for 24 years: each Bond film is a new story.

Connery will always be the best Bond

Luckily for us the Bond originators family (Broccoli) said....absolutely not it was never his vision to be a female character.

Windows 10 Pro 22H2 19045.3693
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 rev 1.0 (Award BIOS F-10)
Core i7 3770K
G-Skill Trident X 32GB DDR3 CL7-8-8-24
Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB
1TB Crucial MX500 SSD
1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
LG Blue Ray DL Burner
Corsair RM 750w PSU
Rosewill Challenger Mid Tower Black
Inateck KU5211 USB 3.2 Adapter
X56 HOTAS
TteSports Keyboard Commander Combo
TackIR 5 Pro
Oculus Quest 2
Grass Monkey Simulation Wireless Puck
TM 2x MFD Cougar
#4606303 - 08/19/22 02:38 AM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Udidwht Offline
Udidwht  Offline

And thus far they've all BOMBED big time. Thank god.

Core i7 3770K
Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB
1TB Crucial MX500 SSD
1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
LG Blue Ray DL Burner
Corsair RM 750w PSU
X56 HOTAS
TackIR 5 Pro
Oculus Quest 2
TM 2x MFD Cougar
#4606304 - 08/19/22 02:41 AM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Udidwht Offline
Udidwht  Offline

Can't stand Colbert.

No one can. He's a twi_.

Core i7 3770K
Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB
1TB Crucial MX500 SSD
1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
LG Blue Ray DL Burner
Corsair RM 750w PSU
X56 HOTAS
TackIR 5 Pro
Oculus Quest 2
TM 2x MFD Cougar
#4606305 - 08/19/22 02:43 AM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Udidwht Offline
Udidwht  Offline

Can't stand Colbert.

No one can. He's a twi_.

He's be a good pick.

Core i7 3770K
Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB
1TB Crucial MX500 SSD
1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
LG Blue Ray DL Burner
Corsair RM 750w PSU
X56 HOTAS
TackIR 5 Pro
Oculus Quest 2
TM 2x MFD Cougar
#4606306 - 08/19/22 02:50 AM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
Udidwht Offline
Udidwht  Offline

The one thing they did wrong with the Craig roles was the lack (if any) of gadgets. As for my favorite...Connery nailed it.

Core i7 3770K
Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB
1TB Crucial MX500 SSD
1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
LG Blue Ray DL Burner
Corsair RM 750w PSU
X56 HOTAS
TackIR 5 Pro
Oculus Quest 2
TM 2x MFD Cougar
#4610369 - 10/05/22 01:32 AM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
NoFlyBoy Online content
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Online Content
Hotshot

I will watch The Sound Of 007 - drops tomorrow on Prime

and all 25 Bond will be on Prime tomorrow

https://firewireblog.com/2022/10/03...rom-the-royal-albert-hall-music-special/

#4610393 - 10/05/22 10:27 AM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Hopefully Henry Cavill will be the next Bond as is heavily rumored right now.

#4610399 - 10/05/22 11:38 AM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
Hopefully Tom Hardy will be the next Bond...

#4610400 - 10/05/22 11:41 AM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: Trooper117]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Trooper117
Hopefully Tom Hardy will be the next Bond...

I think he would be a great fit as well!

#4610408 - 10/05/22 01:48 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
Arthonon Offline
Veteran
Arthonon  Offline
Veteran

California
I would prefer Henry Cavill over Tom Hardy, I think Tom Hardy might be too short, although there are ways around that, I guess. Look at Tom Cruise.

Ken Cartwright

#4610410 - 10/05/22 02:03 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: Arthonon]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Arthonon
I would prefer Henry Cavill over Tom Hardy, I think Tom Hardy might be too short, although there are ways around that, I guess. Look at Tom Cruise.

You made me curious now so I looked it up. Tom Hardy is 5"9 and Henry Cavill is 6"1. 5"9 is not short but I can see the point you are making.

#4610416 - 10/05/22 02:48 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
Wigean Offline
Wigean  Offline

Oslo
Daniel Craig is 5"10.

Never heard he is too short. smile

“We are still in the age of legends. You and I will not enter the promised land. We who have begun always perish before Jericho falls.”
#4610426 - 10/05/22 04:08 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
F4UDash4 Online cool
Veteran
F4UDash4  Online Cool
Veteran

SC
I think Cavill has the Bond "look", hope he gets the gig.

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz
#4610431 - 10/05/22 05:20 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
Cavill's overblown muscles might suit him for another Super hero slot or a film about the worlds strongest man, but sorry, that is not the body shape of James Bond as far as I'm concerned.

#4610442 - 10/05/22 06:20 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
Arthonon Offline
Veteran
Arthonon  Offline
Veteran

California
I dunno, as I recall, Daniel Craig was pretty built up in Casino Royale. And I don't think Cavill will have the same build as he had in Superman. He seemed to fit in well as a secret agent in Man From U.N.C.L.E..

Ken Cartwright

#4610454 - 10/05/22 07:09 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: Arthonon]  
F4UDash4 Online cool
Veteran
F4UDash4  Online Cool
Veteran

SC
And I don't think Cavill will have the same build as he had in Superman. He seemed to fit in well as a secret agent in Man From U.N.C.L.E..

This.

#4610458 - 10/05/22 07:18 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: F4UDash4]  
RossUK Offline
RossUK  Offline

Eastbourne, UK
Originally Posted by F4UDash4
I think Cavill has the Bond "look", hope he gets the gig.

Totally this. He has the aura too and is quintessentially British in the way he acts. I rate him.

I hope they keep the tone the same as Craig's era.

#4610465 - 10/05/22 08:32 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
Arthonon Offline
Veteran
Arthonon  Offline
Veteran

California
Here's a segment of an interview with Henry Cavill from 4 years ago that has a very small Bond reference (at about 14:30), so I guess he was being looked at back then. You can't say for sure from a public interview, but I do think he sounds like a decent guy here.

Ken Cartwright

#4610470 - 10/05/22 09:00 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
NoFlyBoy Online content
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Online Content
Hotshot

Cavill won't be Bond. He already has a film series or character: Superman .The Bond makers don't want an actor that already have a film series or character.

#4610473 - 10/05/22 10:01 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Arthonon Offline
Veteran
Arthonon  Offline
Veteran

California
Cavill won't be Bond. He already has a film series or character: Superman .The Bond makers don't want an actor that already have a film series or character.

I don't think that's correct. They hired Roger Moore who had been in Maverick and The Saint, and they hired Pierce Brosnan who had been in Remington Steele, and Daniel Craig had a few previous smaller movie roles as well.

Ken Cartwright

#4638784 - 11/23/23 04:00 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
NoFlyBoy Online content
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Online Content
Hotshot

Still best line in James Bond franchise and in film history.

Script originally was written for Bond to reply

I know you are, but what's your name?

It was changed to satisfy British film censors so they could keep the word Pussy.

#4638788 - 11/23/23 05:53 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
And all this time I thought "Pussy" was just an American slang word. biggrin

#4638879 - 11/25/23 04:08 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
NoFlyBoy Online content
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Online Content
Hotshot

I just now learn that. that's The Rock's grandfather fighting Bond.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0537990/bio/

#4638880 - 11/25/23 04:12 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
NoFlyBoy Online content
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Online Content
Hotshot

This says it's the British word for endearing women https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/347426/use-of-pussy-as-term-of-endearment

#4638881 - 11/25/23 05:06 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
cavill has superman ? LMAO......the rock got him fired. he was colateral from wiping the snyder verse. wich really sucks, as i dont like him as an actor but he was the perfect superman but got hired to play the antitheses of superman.
he very much want to get away from super heroes from DC....there is rumors that he got aproached by marvel a few years ago. but he looks like he wants to do his own thing where he has control from now on, like the warhammer movie. untill that bombs as well....

#4638883 - 11/25/23 05:44 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA

This says it's the British word for endearing women https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/347426/use-of-pussy-as-term-of-endearment

So why did the British censors have a problem if “pussy” just means endearing women?

#4638889 - 11/25/23 07:39 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
In the UK, 'pussy' is slang for vagina. For instance, 'I'm gonna get me some pussy'.

Last edited by Chucky; 11/25/23 07:40 PM.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4638890 - 11/25/23 08:05 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Thanks Chucky for clearing that up. smile

#4638897 - 11/25/23 10:06 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: Arthonon]  
semmern Offline
Veteran
semmern  Offline
Veteran

Oslo, Norway
I dunno, as I recall, Daniel Craig was pretty built up in Casino Royale. And I don't think Cavill will have the same build as he had in Superman. He seemed to fit in well as a secret agent in Man From U.N.C.L.E..

I liked that movie a lot. Good, fun action with a nostalgic twist.

In all my years I've never seen the like. It has to be more than a hundred sea miles and he brings us up on his tail. That's seamanship, Mr. Pullings. My God, that's seamanship!
#4638900 - 11/25/23 10:34 PM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Chucky Offline
Veteran
Chucky  Offline
Veteran

UK
Thanks Chucky for clearing that up. smile

Although there was a female character called 'Pussy Galore' in Goldfinger hahaha Must of been popular with the boys!

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4638913 - 11/26/23 12:41 AM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: RossUK]  
F4UDash4 Online cool
Veteran
F4UDash4  Online Cool
Veteran

SC
Cavill would make an awesome Bond.

#4638914 - 11/26/23 01:24 AM Re: Ok, who is going to watch Bond? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil

LMAO, by that oxford stuff men have been called pussy since the 1500.........MAUHAUHAUHUHAHUAHAHARHUHAR

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
HMS Northumberland
by RedOneAlpha. 02/26/24 09:01 AM
Eagle Cams
by NoFlyBoy. 02/25/24 07:20 PM
For us old farts
by oldgrognard. 02/25/24 02:03 PM
Forty Four Years Ago....
by F4UDash4. 02/23/24 02:40 AM
Live Moon Landing: NOW
by F4UDash4. 02/22/24 10:46 PM
Excalibur
by PanzerMeyer. 02/22/24 07:29 PM
SimHQ Formula 1 Fantasy League
by DBond. 02/21/24 05:48 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.