Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4575006 - 07/21/21 02:07 PM Re: Tonight 8PM, The Molly Ringwalds! [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by MarkG
I placed my head between these speakers with proper spacing (Akai receiver and Marantz turntable, forget the tape deck...Sanyo or Technics) and listened to Steely Dan's "Aja" and Heart's "Dreamboat Annie" LPs in their entirety. Blown freaking away, it changed me. tuner

I had a stereo system very similar to yours when I was a kid in the 80's even though I stopped listening to LP's by about 1985. It was all cassettes for me afterwards until I bought my first CD in 1990.

For clarification, it was my parent's stereo passed down from my brother who had upgraded to a Luxman amp and Klipsch Heresys (love vintage Klipschs with real wood cabinets). My own bedroom system was a Pioneer Quadraphonic 8-track. eek2 Another thread has me thinking...was my "Quadrophenia" (The Who) 8-track recorded in quadraphonic sound? biggrin I don't remember, but I did have some quadraphonic tapes and the effect was pretty cool for the day (a speaker in each corner of my room).

Kind of related...

Seeing my parent's old homemade fireplace behind us reminds me that there have been casualties of COVID...no more Mellow Mushroom at LSU/Baton Rouge (pic showing favorite shrimp and artichoke heart)... frown

Attached Files Pizza.jpg

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
#4576816 - 08/09/21 03:50 AM Re: Tonight 8PM, The Molly Ringwalds! [Re: MarkG]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Mask mandate reinstated, Jazz Fest cancelled (I'm certain the rest will follow...this crap will never end)...

==========
"BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - About a month ago, things were beginning to look up but now, events like the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival are once again being postponed over COVID concerns."

"Although he remains optimistic about events in the Capital City [Baton Rouge], he won’t be surprised if more follow Jazz Fest’s lead throughout the upcoming week."

https://www.wafb.com/2021/08/09/jazz-fest-cancellation-could-set-tone-others-follow/
==========

Oh well. frown At least I had a rockin' 40's! band

The sun is in the east
#4581167 - 09/27/21 12:28 AM Re: Tonight 8PM, The Molly Ringwalds! [Re: MarkG]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Latest cover posted...personally couldn't ask for better, except not the same without a small drinking (but well behaved) standing audience having a blast...

The Molly Ringwalds - "Home Sweet Home" (Live) from "An Evening With The Molly Ringwalds"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flpFTzUrgWU

The sun is in the east
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.