Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 78 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 77 78
#4579918 - 09/13/21 11:10 AM Re: Formula One [Re: DBond]  
rollnloop. Offline
rollnloop.  Offline

France
Clearly Max lacks some of the maturity I thought he had gained during the last year.

Hamilton is the one who NEEDS to take risks, Max is not.

Edit: thanks for crashing both, two of my favorites drivers got a 1-2 finish thanks to you smile

Last edited by rollnloop.; 09/13/21 11:12 AM.
Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

#4579924 - 09/13/21 12:26 PM Re: Formula One [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Well done to McLaren. They've been fast at the fast tracks all year. Ricciardo is a popular winner i think.

I said when the incident happened that it looked optimistic from Max. And while whether he was technically at fault (was he afforded enough room?) is a matter of debate, I think his dive in to turn 1 was too aggressive, and when he got up on the kerb it was over, he couldn't make it turn as he lost balance and clipped Hamilton. So while I won't say he is in violation of the rules -- and obviously the stewards think he was -- it's the sort of move he has to pull out of. Curva Grande was proving to be the best overtaking spot on the track, and he could have come out of the first chicane right on Hamilton's tailpipe and maybe got a run down the straight. Too rash.

I was disappointed to see him ignore Hamilton when he got out of the car. I'm a big Max fan obviously, but I was disappointed in him here. In the end he extended his lead slightly from the sprint race points, but I hope to see more maturity? out of him. Easy for me to say sitting here.

Perez threw away more points. How no one on the team instantly said to give the position back is a mystery. It was obvious to everyone that he gained his place off-track, wasn't it? If he does he finishes fourth, not fifth.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4579934 - 09/13/21 02:18 PM Re: Formula One [Re: KraziKanuK]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Originally Posted by KraziKanuK
if this had happened in boat racing Hamilton would have been at fault. From experience and I was Max.

There's some bias on display there for whatever reason, at no point was Max even level with Hamilton never mind in front......he should have backed out of the corner, he was never going to make it. He just knew that if Hamilton maintained the lead it was probably for the race win with the new tyres.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4579940 - 09/13/21 03:23 PM Re: Formula One [Re: Paradaz]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
Originally Posted by Paradaz
Originally Posted by KraziKanuK
if this had happened in boat racing Hamilton would have been at fault. From experience and I was Max.

There's some bias on display there for whatever reason, at no point was Max even level with Hamilton never mind in front......he should have backed out of the corner, he was never going to make it. He just knew that if Hamilton maintained the lead it was probably for the race win with the new tyres.

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
#4579967 - 09/13/21 05:39 PM Re: Formula One [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
^ Video Unavailable

After Monza the three main battles in the constructors shape up like this

Mercedes lead Red Bull by 18 points for P1. Verstappen leads Hamilton by 5, but Perez is 23 points adrift of Bottas. And there's the gap. Come on Checo!

McLaren's dream one-two weekend vaults them in front of Ferrari by 14 points for P3. Lando sits in a very fine fourth place. McLaren seem to be the better package overall, with Ferrari fast here and slow there. McLaren better suited to all track types. P3 is theirs to lose.

Alpine lead Alpha Tauri by 11 points for P5. Alpine scored both cars once again at Monza while Alpha Tauri had a nightmare with both cars out early.

None of the other teams are in much of a battle, though Haas only trail Alfa Romeo by three points haha, and remain the only team to fail to score this year. Once again, the two Haas drivers got in to it. At least they are interesting backmarkers, a little bad blood and a feud livens it up.

Looking forward, these are the remaining circuits on the calendar.

Sochi -- This is the final race here, as they move to St Petersburg next year. Sochi gets some stick, but I think it's a good track, with two long straights and nice variety of corners to negotiate and set up for.

Turkey -- I don't know much about it

Circuit of the Americas -- Good track, with just about every type of corner save a hairpin. The drivers like coming here.

Mexico -- Very long pit straight, and a technical middle sector not unlike Suzuka. The stadium section is cool and something I'd like to see more of in new tracks.

Interlagos -- For me a marvelous track. So much flow, and the scenes of many recent F1 dramatics. This is my favorite track to race on in F1 sims. Senna S is one of the best turns in F1, and always the scene of some sort of drama. It rains here a lot of course and anything can happen at this track, and often does.

Jeddah -- Brand new street circuit that I have no experience with, as it didn't make the release date for F1 2021. But when it s released I'll have an opinion. Right now I know too little about it.

Abu Dhabi -- I like the layout here, again a nice variety of corners, from long sweepers to a hairpin, an esses section and two very long straights. The title could very well come down to this race December 12.

#4579976 - 09/13/21 06:14 PM Re: Formula One [Re: DBond]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
Originally Posted by DBond
^ Video Unavailable

Even when clicking on "Watch on YouTube"?

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
#4579983 - 09/13/21 06:51 PM Re: Formula One [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
That works.

I forgot to mention it earlier but I'll echo the comments about HALO proving its value in this incident. I didn't like ti at first, as most did not. But it is proving to be exactly what it is supposed to be. It won't be the last time we see it save a driver from potential serious injury.

#4580374 - 09/17/21 01:04 PM Re: Formula One [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
No race this weekend, sadly. F1 should race 52 weeks per year!

Only news is Aston Martin are bringing both Vettel and Stroll back for 2022. No surprises there. Vettel has had a good season and Stroll's the owners son. Neither were going anywhere.

For Sochi I wonder if we will see Max and Red Bull do what Merc did to Bottas for Monza. He has the three-place penalty and I wonder if Red Bull will just bite the bullet, swap everything and start from the back, with new components to maybe give him the edge over the last few races.

#4580376 - 09/17/21 01:08 PM Re: Formula One [Re: DBond]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by DBond
. F1 should race 52 weeks per year!

If the market demand is there to fill out the stands for 52 races per year I'm sure F1 management would jump on that.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4580641 - 09/20/21 03:56 PM Re: Formula One [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Russian Grand Prix this weekend.

I was wrong about this being the last Sochi race. One more next year, before moving to St Petersburg for 2023.

This is the race I need Perez to break out of his funk and show what he and his car are capable of. With Max potentially starting at the back or from pit lane even, Perez needs to stick it on the podium or even win it outright. No 8th place grid start will do. Come on man!

#4580797 - 09/22/21 01:08 PM Re: Formula One [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
The race here last year was a good one, check out the highlights here

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...s-relive-the.71eZ0SnmfciGmhfwrQOabW.html

What an opening lap!

There are two long straights at Sochi, but they aren't straight straights, meaning there's a shorter inside and a longer outside, and overtaking is enhanced as a result. DRS seemed quite powerful here last race. And in the video above you can see how the car still on the outside as they go through the last little bend on the back straight gets in to the marbles and can't hold it side by side in to 13, making this an excellent overtaking spot. The long horseshoe sweeper after turn 2 is a potential two-wide run in to turn 4.

Honda announced a new upgrade as they take their final shot at winning a Fomula 1 championship on their way out. Could be the edge Red Bull need to win it.

#4580884 - 09/23/21 12:59 PM Re: Formula One [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Haas have announced an unchanged driver lineup for 2022. A bit of a surprise to me, but not really. Mazepin isn't at the required level in my opinion, but he's a pay driver that brings gobs of cash to the team, so in that sense it was expected. His pop's the main logoed sponsor as well. Plus, the bad blood between the drivers made me think a change might be made.

Ferrari have swapped out Leclerc's power plant, relegating him to the back of the grid for Sunday. They are saying it's a prototype unit, somehow a test for next year's power unit. I expect a number of drivers will see engine swaps this week, and starting at the back as a result. Of course if enough do it (and are on unit #4), then 'back of the grid' takes on a relative definition.

Weather forecast for the weekend has chance of showers Friday and Sunday with fairly strong winds. Saturday rain is very likely, and we could see a wet qualifying. Rain Saturday scrubs the track for Sunday, reducing grip and increasing mayhem probabilities smile

#4580979 - 09/24/21 12:58 PM Re: Formula One [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
FP1 and FP2 done and dusted, and not great sessions for Red Bull, with Merc topping the charts and Perez once again well off the pace.

Gasly again faster than Perez in the Alpha Tauri. By a full second. Tell me again why they're bringing Perez back instead of Gasly? I know I sound like a broken record by this point, but every week it seems plain that this was a bad decision. Maybe Horner will come to his senses.

#4580980 - 09/24/21 01:15 PM Re: Formula One [Re: DBond]  
Wigean Offline
Wigean  Offline

Oslo
Bottas will lead the race on sunday.
On the last lap he will let Hamilton pass. biggrin

The rain will be pouring down tomorrow and the qualification may be postboned until sunday morning,
The forecast says 30 inces of rain tomorrow so let`s see.

Last edited by Wigean; 09/24/21 01:16 PM.

“We are still in the age of legends. You and I will not enter the promised land. We who have begun always perish before Jericho falls.”
#4580983 - 09/24/21 01:54 PM Re: Formula One [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
30 inches of rain?! That's like historic hurricane levels. Is that accurate?

I'm not so sure about Bottas. Since the announcement he is leaving he seems to have a different attitude. I'm not fully convinced he'd play the team game while leading at the end. But anyway, Perez will be leading at the end.

#4580987 - 09/24/21 03:21 PM Re: Formula One [Re: DBond]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
30 in of rain in one day?????

That's biblical.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4580988 - 09/24/21 03:32 PM Re: Formula One [Re: DBond]  
Wigean Offline
Wigean  Offline

Oslo
😀
Sorry, I read the conversion wrong.
The forecast is 69 millimeters which is about 2,7 inches?

“We are still in the age of legends. You and I will not enter the promised land. We who have begun always perish before Jericho falls.”
#4580990 - 09/24/21 03:35 PM Re: Formula One [Re: Wigean]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
Originally Posted by Wigean
😀
Sorry, I read the conversion wrong.
The forecast is 69 millimeters which is about 2,7 inches?

Was just going to post this, https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/russia/sochi/ext

#4580991 - 09/24/21 03:40 PM Re: Formula One [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Oh, when you put it that way.... biggrin

Max had his ICE changed so gets the grid penalty. I have confidence he can get back up near the front, but to reach the rostrum some misfortune must befall his rivals. Maybe all that rain will make the Mercs fail to reach Q2 haha.

#4581019 - 09/24/21 06:18 PM Re: Formula One [Re: DBond]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada

Page 12 of 78 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 77 78

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
RIP Louis Gosset, Jr
by bones. 03/29/24 02:40 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.