Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4577237 - 08/13/21 09:19 PM Re: "Official" Retirement and doing what we love...Thank you all! [Re: OvStachel]  
mandrews Offline
mandrews  Offline

South Carolina
@OvS

Like everyone else here, I have come to truly appreciate all the work that's been done on the skins. You've made a great contribution to WWI sims and WOFF in particular, thank you, thank you, thank you. So sorry to hear about why you're having to hang up the skinning work. While sad, it's completely understandable -- take care of that hand & wrist. I'm glad to see you have a few other hobbies to keep you busy and that you'll still be around.

Take care and God bless.

i7-7700 @ 3.6GHz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD (OS) + SSD (Games), GTX 1070 Ti, Acer Predator Z35p 3440x1440 GSync
#4577271 - 08/14/21 06:14 AM Re: "Official" Retirement and doing what we love...Thank you all! [Re: OvStachel]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Danke Herr Stachel for your magnificent and mammoth skin-packs, as well as to others such as jerbear and mandrews for continuing to tweak and taxonomize the many wonderful skins done by OvS, as well as by others. I am thoroughly enjoying the skin packs both in my UE 4.18 and BH2 1.14 installs. "You've all done very well." Wishing you OvS a pleasant retirement from modding and also a speedy recovery from your hand problems.

Cheers all,
Von S smile2

Last edited by VonS; 08/14/21 06:17 AM. Reason: Edited post.

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4577282 - 08/14/21 11:57 AM Re: "Official" Retirement and doing what we love...Thank you all! [Re: OvStachel]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man

L'Etoile du Nord

James, a most heartfelt thank you for all you've done over the years in bringing the adventure of WWI flight back to life. I hope you enjoy fully everything you are now turning your attention and talent towards. Have fun my friend! cheers

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4577325 - 08/14/21 11:52 PM Re: "Official" Retirement and doing what we love...Thank you all! [Re: OvStachel]  
epower Offline
Artless Aide-de-camp
epower  Offline
Artless Aide-de-camp

OvS,

Wishing you all the best in whatever comes next. Very sorry to hear about the arthritis in the dominant hand. Fish oil, turmeric, capsaicin and, sadly for us, no more skinning sounds like the way to go.

I thank you very much for all your tremendous work on the OBD games. Your herculean efforts helped create an immersion second to none these past decades, and a level of historical detail in WOFF for which I've developed a new appreciation after living WOFF/BHAH2 daily for the last 16 months of the DID.

As for this 'new' skin which circumstances compelled you to decline, might it be named after a certain marine mammal? As in 'So long and thanks for all the fish?' exitstageleft

<S>

epower

#4577328 - 08/15/21 02:05 AM Re: "Official" Retirement and doing what we love...Thank you all! [Re: OvStachel]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
James,

Dear sir, you are doing what is right, what is needed. Please do take care of yourself. I'm sorry you were forced out of something you love, something you obviously had a great talent for; but at least you can fly for real! and of course, you must show up around here once in a while - I mean, quite often! Seriously! - as I read it, you'll still be able to sim, just not skin, right?

I know what you mean, thought thank God I got away from the desk often enough that I don't have any "mouse-itis" that know of... Please take care, and we'll pray for the healing of your hand.

Best,

Tom

Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX1080Ti/ 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power
FS Stuff: Saitek X52 Pro Stick/Throttle & Combat Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields BH&H2 (more gorgeous than ever!)
Proud BOC inductee 4/30/12!
#4577350 - 08/15/21 04:34 PM Re: "Official" Retirement and doing what we love...Thank you all! [Re: OvStachel]  
OvStachel Offline
OvStachel  Offline

Long Island, NY
Thank you all for your kind words. It's very much appreciated. I'll be around for sure and will be happy to always share pointers and tips for anyone looking to get into skinning and helping progress this amazing game and community.

I'm finding flying the game has been nothing short of amazing. When you're focused on building or making things for it, you focus only on those things you're working on. Now I see the big picture and WOW... IT'S #%&*$# AMAZING!!

Time to tally up my Krumpt kill list and take back command of Jasta 5. Seems Fritz and Joey have been doing OK, but Werner just showed up and I can see there's going to be a little competition between us all!

To the skies!!! The Black Baron flies again!!! Mu-hahahaha!!!!

The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!

I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton
#4577353 - 08/15/21 06:09 PM Re: "Official" Retirement and doing what we love...Thank you all! [Re: OvStachel]  
CaptSopwith Offline
Barmy WingNut
CaptSopwith  Offline
Barmy WingNut

United States
James,

Just came across this myself. Haven't been around the boards much lately. RL has more than occupied my time. I also wanted to extend a heartfelt thank you for all that you've done for the community over the last 20+ years. I still have the last version of Hell's Angels on my PC - kind of nice to fire up Red Baron every now and then, if nothing else than to remind myself how long I've been at this crazy hobby and how far we've come. So glad to hear you're getting to actually take time to PLAY WOFF - it's a truly remarkable game and one that I desperately wish had a wider audience. It's truly the last of its kind: single player centered, dynamic campaign, offline only, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate the thing every time I fire it up and take off. I can understand the issues regarding arthritis, I'm not quite 40 yet and I have some snappy joints in my fingers from my years of gaming and writing. Glad you're looking out for your health and putting what matters most front and center - I'd expect nothing less from what I've gotten to know about you over the last two decades.

Have a great time with life, and flying (both real and virtual) and know that you've got a large community of avid armchair fliers who appreciate the hell out of everything you've done over the years.

Cheers, my friend.

#4577704 - 08/19/21 04:04 PM Re: "Official" Retirement and doing what we love...Thank you all! [Re: OvStachel]  
Beanie Offline
Beanie  Offline

Canterbury, Kent
Thank you for all your work and input that you have put into WOFF over the years - Cheers

'Der Fuchs'

BOC Member
'BWOC BWOC BWOC'
#4577725 - 08/19/21 07:16 PM Re: "Official" Retirement and doing what we love...Thank you all! [Re: OvStachel]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
Thank you, Sir, for all your hard work and dedication to WOFF skinning. Without your effort the WOFF (OFF) would never be so good as it is. salute

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM