Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#4603266 - 07/08/22 05:58 PM Re: My Top 100 Jogging/Running Songs [Re: mikew]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Originally Posted by mikew
EDIT: Maybe I should post a link to a video suitable for jogging....

Lol.

Yeah, I get excited and totally fly off the track! biggrin

Wife just finished month-end closing (late from the 4th of July holiday) so we're off to look at new treadmills and TVs anyway (I can hold out but she can't...especially wants a TV in front of her exercise bike).

I'll right the course now (but will get back to discussion soon...still drowning in project but not for long)...

Hmm. What have I added to my playlist but not yet posted? Oh yeah, another motivational song (without movie sounds), this one from "Footloose" 1984 (lol)...

Footloose: Moving Pictures - Never

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNfnIqeDlzE

Later. wave

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
#4603340 - 07/10/22 12:33 AM Re: My Top 100 Jogging/Running Songs [Re: MarkG]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Hopefully we have chosen wisely...
NordicTrack S45i Treadmill

Just got our clickers for the track (minimum 2 miles a day, but try for 3...1 lap on track = 1/8m)...
Mechanical Tally Counter 4-Digit Number Count Clicker

And ankle weights...
Sportneer Ankle & Wrist Weights Set

...for local track which is unsafe to run on due to large tree roots affecting pavement (good for walking though, and great shade).

Attached Files treadmill.png

The sun is in the east
#4603403 - 07/11/22 02:31 AM Re: My Top 100 Jogging/Running Songs [Re: MarkG]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Jeez... New 55" UHD 4K televisions are crazy cheap @ $300.00! Also replaced our bedroom 20" TV that we purchased during Desert Storm (1991...sad to have lost that one). Replaced an inkjet printer also lost (forgot to list) that I've had forever with my first laser printer so I'm jazzed about that.

But to be thread related, the new treadmill arrives on Friday (will assemble myself). I'll replace my treadmill pic early in thread.

++++++++++

We ran into a guy from our high school class (1985) at Costco this morning (wife still gets recognized all the time) and his physique put me to shame, especially upper body. He was always a super nice guy but kind of...oversized...back in the day. I had to check our yearbook when we got home to make sure it was the same guy that I remembered. Wow. I'm totally inspired (mostly an age thing).

The sun is in the east
#4603415 - 07/11/22 09:43 AM Re: My Top 100 Jogging/Running Songs [Re: MarkG]  
WhoCares Offline
WhoCares  Offline

I'd have a suggestion for your list,
Maniac - Michael Sembello

Maybe you prefer this video popcorn

#4603439 - 07/11/22 03:58 PM Re: My Top 100 Jogging/Running Songs [Re: MarkG]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
^ I never did care for that song, but wife keeps it on her workout playlist (was a staple in her college aerobics class I think, along with "What a Feeling").

But about that official video you linked to...

Flashdance - Maniac (Music Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aclyuqS1MmA

Now, I've never had a serious wondering eye (and have *never* even contemplated cheating in my life), but man I love 80's chicks! I think I get away with gawking at other women because it's always a picture or video from 30-40 years ago. smile Nor do I mind the playful gawking of a 007 Sean Connery, an 80's Tom Selleck or Kevin Bacon, etc. (always in context of times long past).

++++++++++

Watched "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure" (1989) over the weekend. Aerobics in a mall, what a beautiful relic of the past (still waiting for 80's "20 Minute Workout" to go to DVD...and hopefully digitally restored).

The sun is in the east
#4603441 - 07/11/22 04:08 PM Re: My Top 100 Jogging/Running Songs [Re: MarkG]  
WhoCares Offline
WhoCares  Offline

A little word of warning of what you are gawking at in that Maniac video: in some of the dancing scenes, namely the one in the dancing school in front of the jury toward the end, iirc, you actually watch at a guy dancing. That dancing sequence was too complicated for the actress, and instead it was performed by her dancing teacher exitstageleft

#4603443 - 07/11/22 04:12 PM Re: My Top 100 Jogging/Running Songs [Re: MarkG]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Originally Posted by WhoCares
A little word of warning of what you are gawking at in that Maniac video: in some of the dancing scenes, namely the one in the dancing school in front of the jury toward the end, iirc, you actually watch at a guy dancing. That dancing sequence was too complicated for the actress, and instead it was performed by her dancing teacher exitstageleft

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! shower

<Returns to VH and Mötley Crüe videos.>

rofl

The sun is in the east
#4603444 - 07/11/22 04:13 PM Re: My Top 100 Jogging/Running Songs [Re: MarkG]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by MarkG
(still waiting for 80's "20 Minute Workout" to go to DVD...and hopefully digitally restored).

Please tell me your wife didn't buy the Richard Simmons "Sweating to the Oldies" video or the Alyssa Milano "teen steam" workout video. biggrin

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4603446 - 07/11/22 04:21 PM Re: My Top 100 Jogging/Running Songs [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
(still waiting for 80's "20 Minute Workout" to go to DVD...and hopefully digitally restored).

Please tell me your wife didn't buy the Richard Simmons "Sweating to the Oldies" video or the Alyssa Milano "teen steam" workout video. biggrin

Nah. There's a "Buns of Steel" or something buried in the DVDs [EDIT: and VHSs], but I don't remember the last time she watched it. We have our DDPY (Diamond Dallas Page Yoga...yoga for rednecks) 3X/week, that's good enough. She never liked some of the extreme ambiance of yoga classes anyway, and this eliminates all the weird stuff.

Last edited by MarkG; 07/11/22 04:36 PM.

The sun is in the east
#4603451 - 07/11/22 04:30 PM Re: My Top 100 Jogging/Running Songs [Re: MarkG]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA

Nah. There's a "Buns of Steel" or something buried in the DVDs, .

Oh yes, I remember "Buns of Steel". lol

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 07/13/22 10:35 AM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4603572 - 07/13/22 05:08 AM Re: My Top 100 Jogging/Running Songs [Re: MarkG]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Having setup a new laser printer and two televisions this afternoon (one Google and one Roku), I have a whole new appreciation for old-school electronics that didn't require internet access/software updates/e-mail activation.

This had me investigating my new treadmill due to arrive on Friday. Apparently the new treadmills *really* encourage you to subscribe to a free trial of something called iFIT (some previous NordicTrack treadmills actually required it for the treadmill to even work! cuss)....
Do Nordictrack Treadmills Require iFit?

When I'm on my treadmill, I'm either thinking about my love life or imagining myself as Neil Peart on stage getting through a grueling concert (assuming that type of hard fast banging is also an excellent cardio workout smile ). I don't need an on-screen instructor or some kind of Peloton-like class participation to motivate me. I just want to be left alone with my thoughts and tunes. I hope this iFIT crap isn't too intrusive and no more of a PITA than having to hold the power button down for 30-seconds to by-pass it (which is inconvenient enough).

I don't mind spending some time online (obviously), but I freaking HATE this mandatory online-centric world! old_simmer

The sun is in the east
#4604170 - 07/20/22 08:03 PM Re: My Top 100 Jogging/Running Songs [Re: MarkG]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
All fried electronics now replaced (just hooked up parent's new old-school cordless phone w/answering machine), and now waiting for the DirecTV guy to show up with a new system. Only thing remaining will be to finish assembling the treadmill. Then I'll be offline for a while, hopefully just one more time for a final big push on my project.

Been nice enjoying the virtual universe again, but I always feel better when I'm not. smile And we're both feeling the effects of some overeating and lack of exercise right now. A stricter healthier lifestyle is not always enjoyable over a long day (and exercise only feels good with a regular routine), but you sure feel better when popping out of bed in the morning. Just that an aging body (54 or 55, I forget) takes a little longer to warm up.

The sun is in the east
#4604198 - 07/21/22 10:18 AM Re: My Top 100 Jogging/Running Songs [Re: MarkG]  
mikew Offline
mikew  Offline

UK
Glad you're up and 'running' although I don't know what this has to do with Blitz3d. smile

Hope you'll be back soon as I like reminiscing about the golden age of computing.

#4604231 - 07/21/22 04:24 PM Re: My Top 100 Jogging/Running Songs [Re: MarkG]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Being online is great for reading reviews and choosing/ordering products, finding PDF manuals and user suggestions, and *especially* with watching YouTube assembly instructions (although you often have to watch several videos and follow the one that you think makes the most sense). These abilities have been an invaluable aid for the last 3 weeks.

I'm just not cut out to have an online portal when I'm doing something that requires every bit of my concentration and time. And the only way to focus that intently is to turn over the Win10 laptop (my only online access, I don't have a cell phone) where it then gets hidden, I believe, in the only place of the house I fear to tread...my wife's absurdly packed and disorganized (to me) bedroom closet (I keep the attic more organized).

But even when I'm not online, as long as I know I have access, I can't stop thinking about it which I find disrupting. It usually takes me a couple of days to lose myself in my "work" and forget that the virtual world exists. I don't even keep a TV in the office (where I spend most of my time when inside), and I try to avoid news unless I know something big is happening (wife's phone will sometimes ping an alert or my father will tell me).

EDIT: And all the rabbit holes I can't stay out of! I have 20 min. remaining...so much to watch/read, so little time. reading

Last edited by MarkG; 07/21/22 04:41 PM.

The sun is in the east
#4604656 - 07/27/22 11:33 PM Re: My Top 100 Jogging/Running Songs [Re: MarkG]  
Phoenix54C Offline
I am just a cowboy
Phoenix54C  Offline
I am just a cowboy

Emerald Isle
my wife's absurdly packed and disorganized (to me) bedroom closet (I keep the attic more organized).

+1 lol.

A womans closet is always full...

See they keep everything they can in case they need to use these items again some day.

you wud need ten closets to keep up with it all.

When a man moves house it will take him hours for what he has to bring.

When a chick moves house it will take "months"..

#4604749 - 07/29/22 01:53 PM Re: My Top 100 Jogging/Running Songs [Re: MarkG]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I concur with Phoenix. I have never known a woman who had less than like 20 pairs of shoes and/or less than 10-15 purses.

#4604802 - 07/30/22 11:10 PM Re: My Top 100 Jogging/Running Songs [Re: MarkG]  
Phoenix54C Offline
I am just a cowboy
Phoenix54C  Offline
I am just a cowboy

Emerald Isle
Yeah

I think we spoil these beuties ...

Its time men had a say in this world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOyAHaO7lwA

Lol...

#4611311 - 10/16/22 06:04 PM Re: My Top 100 Jogging/Running Songs [Re: MarkG]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
^ Love that movie! biggrin

++++++++++

Wife's week vacation ends today so it's back to the grind, but it's been a fun week including getting to know the new treadmill. As I posted earlier, we had to replace the old one and some other electronics due to a lightning strike that hit our transformer.

The old treadmill and printer (as on page 1)...

[Linked Image]

The new (first laser printer)...

[Linked Image]

Our new treadmill is like my Win10 laptop (Win11 capable) while the old one is like my Win2k desktop. That is, the new one is super-slow to 'boot' and makes you go through hoops to stay off WiFi (and loves to remind you that you're not connected). You don't have to connect online to use it, but some settings require it at least temporarily. The old one was not only snappier but the display was much cleaner and easier with its simplicity. This new one has a touchscreen (swiping but no zooming) as the screen is actually an iPad with a limited version of Apple iOS. It's usable, but I don't like it as much.

But on beautiful days like today, our track work will be outside anyway.

Attached Files DSCF0011.JPG

The sun is in the east
#4612610 - 11/01/22 07:48 PM Re: My Top 100 Jogging/Running Songs [Re: MarkG]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
I was given Amazon duty (wife too busy with month-end closing) so I'm going to sneak a post in here... smile

New treadmill (pictured above) is growing on me with some cool features like a 1 minute warmup before recording stats, and the emergency cord stop (instant stop if your cord accidentally detaches) doesn't wipe out your current stats. Still bummed that to program in your own routine or have your stats permanently saved requires an online account. I go straight to manual control just like before, but some new features are on-line teasers.

I work around the long boot-up by getting my water, sweat towel and MP3 headphones while the treadmill is booting up.

++++++++++

Wife and I are on fire right now, doing the best we've ever done, including recent annual physical blood work...at 55! Pics and stats coming soon on the Diet and Training thread.

"I feel good!" (Rocky IV showing this Friday evening at my favorite movie/concert venue)...

Rocky 4 - Living In America

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9H8JKFMb7U

++++++++++

I can still do more push-ups and pull-ups than my lighter counterpart, but what I can't do (and tried recently to prove I can do anything she can do) are her 'Booty Bomb' routines at the end of our DDPY morning workouts, similar to this one (with ankle weights and 70's/80's music)...

10 MIN BOOTY BOMB WORKOUT (+ Ankle Weights) | Eylem Abaci

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFGHZeCTz60

So I stick to the stuff that keeps my inner Gunny content (nothing makes him happy, just content enough not to be verbally abusive to me). biggrin

The sun is in the east
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.