Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 23 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 22 23
#4574997 - 07/21/21 12:40 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC *** [Re: WangoTango]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yeah I do the same, but I think if I wait that long then avoiding spoilers is on me, not the folks who played it several years ago. Interesting question.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4575036 - 07/21/21 08:36 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: WangoTango]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
Here is the horse that was my favorite in the game especially since she's the one I used for a large portion of the game.

This is Clementine:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I also wrangled and broke a horse from the wild that was kind of a grey color that I named Kerosene. I can't find a picture right now though.

This is Turpentine, a Missouri Foxtrotter I believe that I bought much later in the game as they are expensive:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

As John Marston I found this horse in the wild and made it my own and named her ruby:

[Linked Image]

Attached Files 1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg
Last edited by Coot; 07/21/21 08:42 PM.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4575085 - 07/22/21 12:14 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: WangoTango]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Nice shots and fine horses Coot. Clementine I like especially.

I'm now most of the way through chapter 3. Got the bolt-action rifle from a mission, and this was my go-to all-rounder in the first run. I'm also sitting on a mountain of cash, about 5 grand having knocked off the Valentine bank last night. I don't recall how much I was holding in the first run but that's a lot of money in 1899!

The fence at Emerald Ranch will take any wagons you bring to him. Has anyone done this? What's the going rate for a wagon? I should steal one and turn it in and see how much it pays.

#4575099 - 07/22/21 03:19 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: WangoTango]  
wormfood Offline
wormfood  Offline

Texas
Currently, I'm rolling with about $9.5K with probably another grand in unsold valuables. Camp funds are only about $1.3K, but I stopped donating long ago since every upgrade has been crafted or purchased and I'm the only one feeding the camp and donating to it.

As for weapons, my previous play throughs used everything but pistols. Never gave pistols a fair shake until this one. The volcanic kinda sucks, but Midnight's pistol is great and you can get it early in the game. I'm currently rolling with a pair of 1899 pistols. They're awesome, but you have to progress the game to Chapter 3 or 4. (The one where you move the camp to Shady Belle).

Wagons vary a bit depending on the size and what t hey are. Currently it's about $25 for most. There's a couple small ones that I think are about $15. I could swear in the past some sold for more, but I'm either misremembering or it was patched long ago.

#4575100 - 07/22/21 03:23 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: WangoTango]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yes, I did that mission where you steal the wagon, but I forget what it paid, and that was a pretty fancy wagon, and I suspect the fee varies? My play sees a number of riderless wagons appear, and I think I'll turn one in to see. It's just not much fun driving wagons and Emerald Ranch isn't usually right next door.

Are these songs recordings? Or lyrics? Sure I'll have a listen, or a look, PM me, or post it here if you want to share with others.

Desperados has been on my wishlist forever and a day. It is overwhelmingly positive on Steam, but I haven't pulled the trigger. I just don't get on well with real time strategy games, and I've tried! Partisans and Wasteland are others I have on the list. Most recent one I tried was Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun. I wanted to like it and gave it a go three different times, but in the end it just isn't the right game for me. Another example is the Shadowrun series. Very popular with good reviews, but I just didn't like it all that much, and I am a strategy gamer at heart. Maybe Desperados will be the one? I'd need to try it to see.

#4575101 - 07/22/21 03:27 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: WangoTango]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Wow Wormfood that's a pile of cash!

You mentioned camp funds, and I'm a little confused by it. I can see the camp till, the one you can contribute to and spend to provision and upgrade the various parts of the gang's camp. But there is another fund, that I can't see and don't know where it goes. For example when we knocked off Valentine bank last night the take was $20,000. Each of the four of us that took part split half, for $2,500 each. The other half -- $10,000 -- went in to the camp fund I think it said, and it showed in yellow text at the bottom of the screen that this fund was now $12,000. But that money is not in the one you can see and spend. Where is it? Is it a bug and this money should be there for me to upgrade the camp?

More likely, Dutch is sitting on it. He talks a good game, all hands to the pump, but does nothing himself and keeps the money for his gain. Why am I following Dutch again? smile

#4575108 - 07/22/21 06:48 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: WangoTango]  
wormfood Offline
wormfood  Offline

Texas
It might be a bug, but I like to think that it's just Dutch and/or other moochers stealing it from the folks who, well maybe not earned, but stole it fair and square.

As for that pile of cash, this play through started a year or so ago and I just log in once in a while to hunt, fish, do some crime, or just explore for a bit.

#4575109 - 07/22/21 07:04 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: WangoTango]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
No honor among thieves!

#4575120 - 07/22/21 09:05 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: Coot]  
wormfood Offline
wormfood  Offline

Texas
Coot,
That whole map railroads you pretty hard. You're only chance is at the beginning immediately when you wake up at camp. Do not talk to Dutch. You're free to procrastinate to your hearts content until you do.

#4575132 - 07/22/21 11:24 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: WangoTango]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

Thanks for the info on that mission. I'll try to remember for the next time. How big is that map actually? I seem to recall that off in the distance you can see beaches and I think a fort or something.

#4575163 - 07/23/21 12:11 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: WangoTango]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I recall not liking chapter 5 all that much first time through.

About the missing camp funds.... don't know why this didn't occur to me, but I remember now, and you can see these funds in the journal by looking at the 'gang savings'. I don't know there's anything you can ever do with it, but at least it is shown there, itemized. Seems less nefarious when it's all accounted for.

I'm still plodding along, trying to complete challenges and filling out the compendium. It's slow going. I spent a couple in-game days hunting rabbits and squirrels. It was a devil of a time trying to get a perfect squirrel pelt, until I realized that even the .22 is too much gun. Made some small game arrows and that finally did the trick. Some of these challenges I would never do without knowing I need to. Like lassoing and dragging someone 3000 yards or feet or whatever it is. Or killing three enemies in 10 seconds using only throwing knives. Just wouldn't happen in normal play. But they give me some, well, challenges to pursue and different things to do.

#4575223 - 07/23/21 08:03 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: WangoTango]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

I'd love to get the game guide for this but they are way to expensive now. Should have gotten it when the game came out.

I remember having a heck of a time getting any three star pelts. I don't think I realized that the .22 was too much and that you have to use special arrows.

Another thing, I wanted the Henry rifle(Lancaster maybe its called in-game?) from the start but I don't think it became available until way late in the game during a story mission. Is there a way to get it sooner?

#4575224 - 07/23/21 08:28 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: WangoTango]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yes there is. Spoilers in order?

An American Pastoral Scene I think it is called. You ride with Micah and he finds one on the wagon and hands it you saying something like 'it suits you better than me'. There is also one in the basement of the Rhodes gunsmith, which you can take if you rob the joint. This is my heavy combat weapon, the one I use when heavily outnumbered. I like the bolt action since it hits harder, but it's hard to beat the magazine on the repeater.

#4575226 - 07/23/21 08:38 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: WangoTango]  
wormfood Offline
wormfood  Offline

Texas
Coot, it unlocks sometime in chapter 2 fairly early. Supposedly, there's one in the basement of the gunsmith in Rhodes and you can rob it even earlier than that.
Dbond beat me to it.

Last edited by wormfood; 07/23/21 08:38 PM.
#4575262 - 07/24/21 12:23 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: WangoTango]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Wormfood is correct and you can get the mission soon after arriving at Horseshoe Overlook, but you need to bust Micah out of jail first. So the other way can be faster since you can do that as soon as chapter 2 starts. In this run I got it through the mission first and did the robbery quite a bit later.

In my run now, the money is really piling up, as I did a treasure hunt, and honestly I doubt I would ever finish one of these without the internet. The chances of me finding the maps based only on the clues provided are about nil. But cheat I did, looked it up, went to those places and found a stash with six gold bars, worth 3 grand. Now the billfold is holding $8,000 and there are a couple more treasure hunts to do if I feel like it. Of course I don't have much to spend it on, restocking ammo or buying food for the horse isn't going to put much of a dent in that.

I'm having an issue with tagging. I could do it earlier when I was low level dead eye. But now I can't seem to tag animals. Is it only for human enemies? There's a challenge that requires shooting two different species of animal in the same dead eye sequence and for that to work I need to mark. It's set to Q by default and I added a secondary one for an unused mouse button but neither apply the mark. Anyone run in to something similar? I'm dead eye level 8. Can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

#4575270 - 07/24/21 02:24 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: WangoTango]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
We've been talking about the horses in RDR 2 a lot and here's a very interesting article on PC Gamer about the work that went in to it.

The mind-boggling work that went into Red Dead 2's incredibly lifelike horses

R* deserves a lot of credit for the way the horses turned out in this game.

#4575382 - 07/25/21 04:25 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: WangoTango]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

I look forward to reading that article DBond as I've always admired what Rockstar achieved with horses in video games going back to the first RDR game which by the way horses are still great in that game. You can see the good foundation they laid then to build upon for the sequel.

You all mention that the repeater can be found as early as chapter two! I was not able to get one until way, way later. The mission where you go with Sadie to that ranch area I think it is in big valley. I can't remember the story or chapter but its later on. I just remember being on a story mission with Sadie near big valley and before the mission starts, you can walk over to the camp your characters had made and there's a repeater laying on a blanket or something and that was the first time I was able to find that rifle in the game.

#4575390 - 07/25/21 06:03 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: WangoTango]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yes, my mistake. The Lancaster is a Winchester 1866 Yellowboy. The Litchfield is the Henry, and you are right that comes later. So I led us down this road when I mistook the Henry for the Lancaster.

I guess I worked out my dead eye tagging issue. It works fine except through a scope. Is it not supposed to work when scoped?

#4575429 - 07/26/21 07:10 AM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: WangoTango]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

Yeah the Henry is what I was wondering about. I wonder why they put it in so late.

I don't remember about dead eye aiming with a scope mounted weapon but that sounds about right. The scope is a zoomed in, enclosed sight picture so I don't think multi-target tagging functions in the same way as it does for other weapons that you can still see the whole game screen when targeting.

#4575673 - 07/28/21 01:23 PM Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced For PC [Re: WangoTango]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Finally hit chapter 4 in run #2. 150 hours to this point, really taking my time and mixing in plenty of free roam stuff. Chapter 4 means new stuff available, including horses. My intention was to go for the Fox Trotter this time, but the one for sale in chapter 4 is not all that attractive, a gold colored coat. Great horse, but I decided to go for the black Arabian from St Denis stables again. Named him Black Bourbon. Fast with excellent acceleration and handling. Noticably smaller than many of the other horses.

I read there is a wild brindle Arabian up near the Indian reservation. Might have to check that out.

Having a good time with this second run and have seen and done things I missed first time through. Some of these challenges are quite difficult. I won't complete them all I don't think. I aborted my first play through in chapter 6 partly due to Arthur's state, but this time I plan to see it through, and end up in a free-roam world with John. One of my objectives is to take all legendary fish and animals, and some are in Blackwater, which of course is still locked down for me. So far I've taken about eight of each, including the grizzly bear yesterday. He was not happy when the first round hit him. Thank goodness I had some dead eye to slow him down.

I tried to sneak through Blackwater and get the Rock Bass, and made it to the lake after losing some lawmen. But then while standing there fishing some more spawned very close and it was a hell of a ride to get out, pursued the whole way by gun-toting gubment men. So I'll wait a bit to try that again. The spawning thing is not good, really gives you no chance to sneak around, or evade with smart routes and scouting ahead. Just boom, "There he is!" And another chase begins.

Page 16 of 23 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 22 23

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.