bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
cheers Phoenix

Ya some of my smart a$$ posts can be annoying

Sorry but I don't recall pulling anyone, anywhere. Not quite sure what that means

I'm enjoying the rudder pedals................................

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4572415 - 06/21/21 07:14 PM Re: AH-64 Apache [Re: Stormtrooper]  
Phoenix54C Offline
I am just a cowboy
Phoenix54C  Offline
I am just a cowboy

Emerald Isle
Ya i know what u mean,

i Can get a little #%&*$# myself sometimes...

Enjoy the pedals.

A well worth investment.

Be well.

#4574412 - 07/14/21 05:51 PM Re: AH-64 Apache [Re: bisher]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by bisher

I'm needing to pick up a set of rudder pedals. What type do you guys use, I"m looking at logitech and thrustmaster

I don't play DCS, just happened to click on this thread to see what's going on.

I use Crosswinds for pedals. They are not cheap, but I've never rested my dogs on a finer set of pedals. Excellent quality, adjustable resistance, configurable, moddable, easy to set up and with toe brakes. Lots of options out there, but if the price doesn't scare you off, Crosswinds are hard to beat. And if you're going to fly air-beaters then a great set of pedals is worth the extra coin. Same with prop planes. For jets, maybe not so much. But helos and props, well worth the investment in my view. In all with shipping and the like they set me back about US$400.

Not out of line with what I have spent on the rest of my gear, and the control precision is far beyond any other pedal I've tried, which admittedly is not all of them.

https://mfg-sim.com/en/3-rudder-pedals

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4574444 - 07/15/21 07:25 AM Re: AH-64 Apache [Re: Stormtrooper]  
rollnloop. Offline
rollnloop.  Offline

France
+1 for MFG.

Super happy with mine, and I bought these years ago.

#4574450 - 07/15/21 11:57 AM Re: AH-64 Apache [Re: Stormtrooper]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
another +1 for MFG

The v3's are also designed to fit the hydraulic damping mod and/or heel-on-floor plates too

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4574458 - 07/15/21 03:09 PM Re: AH-64 Apache [Re: Stormtrooper]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yeah, I also use V3, in graphite. The only thing I'd list as a drawback is I think the base is too narrow, so that if you have one foot on, one off they tilt with no additional bracing or support. Of course you usually have both feet on, so it's not much of an issue.

They are easy to put together, and very precise. You can add tension or reduce it very easily. Turn around time from Croatia was about two weeks. Of course this is down to stock at the time. Putting them together was straight forward, took about fifteen minutes. I know these are printed in Croatia in his garage probably, and the packaging reflects it. They arrived in perfect condition from the other side of the planet, no complaints there, but they had more packing tape than they showed in the video, that's for sure. It (or I) produced quite a mess. Hope I don't need to send them back in the original packaging lol. After getting it all unstuck I put them together, just a few allen bolts, and ready to go. They are exquisite really, and look fantastic. Really smooth, easily adjustable. They are wider than any I have used before, and so much better in terms of control and quality that there is no point in making comparisons. I expect it really for this sort of price point, but products don't always deliver. The Crosswinds do.

I've gone through a number of pedal sets through the years, like TM Elites, CH and others, and hated all of them. MFG Crosswinds are the first I've ever been really happy with.

#4574490 - 07/15/21 10:22 PM Re: AH-64 Apache [Re: Stormtrooper]  
Phoenix54C Offline
I am just a cowboy
Phoenix54C  Offline
I am just a cowboy

Emerald Isle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_QtO0Rhp0w

one for u bish and im sorry for barging into a thread that was not my business in the the first place...

Bet u love neil peart cause the dude was 1 of the best drummers of all time...

Niice to see derek still around as well.
D showed many of us how to use the cbu back in the days of AF...

You guys rock...

#4574513 - 07/16/21 12:12 PM Re: AH-64 Apache [Re: Stormtrooper]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Hey mate, yeah still kickin', and literally so since we are discussing pedals lol.

I barged in here too, so no worries smile

#4574532 - 07/16/21 03:09 PM Re: AH-64 Apache [Re: Stormtrooper]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
So when is this AH-64 C and D coming out? The Black Shark was a fun chopper to fly, but it would be really nice to fly a heavy chopper and not have to constantly worry about my own blades colliding with one another.

#4582250 - 10/08/21 06:00 PM Re: AH-64 Apache [Re: Stormtrooper]  
wormfood Offline
wormfood  Offline

Texas

#4582292 - 10/09/21 08:36 AM Re: AH-64 Apache [Re: Stormtrooper]  
KeyCat Offline
KeyCat  Offline

Sweden
thumbsup

>> It's all about teamwork! <<
#4582321 - 10/09/21 05:54 PM Re: AH-64 Apache [Re: Stormtrooper]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Given experience with DCS open betas, how long does anyone estimate we'll have to wait for the FCR and AGM-114L?

If a year, then I'm probably more interested in Black Shark 3 in the meantime which would make it almost equivalent to the AH-64A/B.

#4582405 - 10/11/21 06:20 PM Re: AH-64 Apache [Re: Stormtrooper]  
rollnloop. Offline
rollnloop.  Offline

France
Let's say 2 years minimum.

I'm on the edge myself, I know I will end buying it, but it could be any time between 2 and 5 years from now till' I consider it good enough to be played, so...

Last edited by rollnloop.; 10/11/21 06:22 PM.
#4582416 - 10/11/21 09:22 PM Re: AH-64 Apache [Re: Stormtrooper]  
FlyingToaster Offline
FlyingToaster  Offline

Scotland
From the recent releases such as the hind, it will be playable on release. Basically, the way I see it, we get an earlier version of the Apache to begin with, and then the more complex systems such as radar come later as upgrades.

#4582610 - 10/15/21 05:51 AM Re: AH-64 Apache [Re: Stormtrooper]  
eonel Offline
eonel  Offline

Zurich, Switzerland
Having been away from this forum for a few years - it is a shame to see the same entrenched positions on DCS playing out.

SimHQ forums used to be the place to go to for Sim discussion. Sure, there was some negativity about the completeness of every plane/sim when first released. But over time the negativity waned & discussion became lively & entertaining.

In DCS forums specifically, cynicism, negativity & rudeness is consistently pushed out by the same names. Often monopolising & distracting the threads.

I get that the SimHQ editorial approach is is to allow all views to be expressed - where publisher forums do not allow that. That should make this forum a great place for open discussion. But in practice, that is not what is happening - the DCS forum specifically is a tiresome place

While flight simulators are better than they ever have been, SimHQ is a shadow of its former self. Maybe SimHQ Mods need to reflect on the consequences of their editorial policy & repetitive arguments. It is certainly what has pushed me away from this forum.

Last edited by eonel; 10/15/21 05:55 AM.
#4582618 - 10/15/21 07:19 AM Re: AH-64 Apache [Re: eonel]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Originally Posted by eonel
Having been away from this forum for a few years - it is a shame to see the same entrenched positions on DCS playing out.

SimHQ forums used to be the place to go to for Sim discussion. Sure, there was some negativity about the completeness of every plane/sim when first released. But over time the negativity waned & discussion became lively & entertaining.

In DCS forums specifically, cynicism, negativity & rudeness is consistently pushed out by the same names. Often monopolising & distracting the threads.

I get that the SimHQ editorial approach is is to allow all views to be expressed - where publisher forums do not allow that. That should make this forum a great place for open discussion. But in practice, that is not what is happening - the DCS forum specifically is a tiresome place

While flight simulators are better than they ever have been, SimHQ is a shadow of its former self. Maybe SimHQ Mods need to reflect on the consequences of their editorial policy & repetitive arguments. It is certainly what has pushed me away from this forum.

Nothing is stopping people with a positive view of the DCS products / development / marketing from posting, except their own reluctance or lack of motivation. Sure, lots of people don't like having their views / positions / claims challenged by others who disagree... So, are we supposed to shut the disagreements down to protect O.P.'s feelings? No thanks, as that doesn't shed as much light upon matters as robust discussion can.

If things in the DCS forum strike you as overwhelmingly negative, perhaps it is because of E.D's products, development and/or marketing. After all, if they are getting it all right, it should be easy to say so, and back that position up if challenged upon it.

The Il2:BoS (now Great Battles) sub forum used to be heavily negative, too. Then Jason got put in charge of the product line and they started making the customers happier, and wonder of wonders, the negativity in the IL2:Great Battles sub forum dropped off! It's been positive opinions showing up in more recent times. It's also notable that it is a lot less message traffic since the product line got better. Why, it's as if people aren't as interested in discussing it when things are good! ( Maybe they are choosing to spend more of their time playing... )

SimHQ isn't the same as it used to be. Neither is the simulator / game industry.

If someone needs moderator enforced sweetness and light, they can find that elsewhere. May their blinders rest lightly upon their heads.

#4582649 - 10/15/21 03:13 PM Re: AH-64 Apache [Re: CyBerkut]  
DM Offline
DM  Offline

Prague
Originally Posted by CyBerkut
If things in the DCS forum strike you as overwhelmingly negative, perhaps it is because of E.D's products, development and/or marketing. After all, if they are getting it all right, it should be easy to say so, and back that position up if challenged upon it.

Speaking for myself, I don't have any such problems with ED, and I also don't feel any desire to argue the point. Some people just like to drop a dookie, forums have always been like that. As this is not the PWEC forum, I'm happy to ignore them & let them disappear naturally & just join in the general good will that mostly happens here smile

"They might look the same, but they don't taste the same."
#4582657 - 10/15/21 03:51 PM Re: AH-64 Apache [Re: eonel]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by eonel

Soooo you're suggesting SimHQ limit free speech?

#4582682 - 10/15/21 08:53 PM Re: AH-64 Apache [Re: Stormtrooper]  
eonel Offline
eonel  Offline

Zurich, Switzerland
Thank you Cyberkut for the comprehensive & clear response.

I am not suggesting Moderated sweetness & light. And I am not suggesting limit free speech - to the extent that free speech also comes with some responsibilities.

I would be suggesting taking the edge off some off the most repetitive comments about ED business model, quality of releases and fanboy name calling - but that ship has probably already sailed.

I do recognise & appreciate SimHQs light touch moderation

I’m guessing I was hoping that over time the DCS forum would have settled down they way the IL2 -BOS forum did. Just disappointed that it hasn’t - and I accept the positive effect Jason had on IL2-BOx

#4582704 - 10/16/21 11:38 AM Re: AH-64 Apache [Re: Stormtrooper]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
I have no problem with DCS... I only buy the product that I am interested in and that's all.
I'm not a must have everything buyer as regards DCS. I have some of the aircraft and three maps... it's enough for me and I enjoy the stuff I have.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.