Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4574198 - 07/11/21 10:13 PM Claims  
Wolfar Offline
Wolfar  Offline

Buckeye, AZ
ok what is the key to getting a kill? banghead

I have submitted at least 15 claims over many pilots and not 1 has been confirmed. duh

Thanks!

Salute!
Wolfar

20 Year US Navy Retired

Former Squadron CO and founder:
1997~2003
JG2, JG26, Strike Masters
Simulations: Red Baron mega multiplayer, EAW, SDOE, To many to list.
#4574210 - 07/12/21 01:54 AM Re: Claims [Re: Wolfar]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

@OP, the key is to set the claims system either to "medium" or "easy." smile2 smile2

Easy claims automatically go through and are the safe option if lone-wolfing it - since no witnesses equals no claims accepted using medium or full settings, for claims.

Medium claims setting (that I run, by the way) is a good middle ground since it still requires flight reports to be written and filed, also that witness names are included, etc. From what I've been able to see, claim rejection is about 10% or so using the medium claims settings, perhaps a bit more - but, overall, not as frustrating as the full-realism claims option.

The hardcore setting for claims is largely a question of luck, roll of the dice, etc. - from what I can gather from various postings on these and other threads. There may be some algorithms at work at hardcore settings too - but we casual fliers tend to gravitate towards the medium claims system.

Another little tip - no matter what level of claims system you are using - include multiple witnesses in the witness box - this may be done by clicking in the witness box and writing in other names too. Make sure to separate multiple names with a comma and a single space, for proper formatting. Don't use semicolons, colons, and other things to separate names since that may result in a perpetually stuck claim.

Cheers all ("next time you must have witnesses"),
Von S smile2

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4574212 - 07/12/21 02:29 AM Re: Claims [Re: Wolfar]  
Rick_Rawlings Offline
Rick_Rawlings  Offline

+1 for medium claims. Too old/too employed/too married with children to stress out with the harder system. Although Rene Fonck had only about a 50% confirmed rate apparently. So there is that...

The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...
#4574214 - 07/12/21 02:58 AM Re: Claims [Re: Rick_Rawlings]  
Wolfar Offline
Wolfar  Offline

Buckeye, AZ
Originally Posted by VonS
@OP, the key is to set the claims system either to "medium" or "easy." smile2 smile2

Easy claims automatically go through and are the safe option if lone-wolfing it - since no witnesses equals no claims accepted using medium or full settings, for claims.

Medium claims setting (that I run, by the way) is a good middle ground since it still requires flight reports to be written and filed, also that witness names are included, etc. From what I've been able to see, claim rejection is about 10% or so using the medium claims settings, perhaps a bit more - but, overall, not as frustrating as the full-realism claims option.

The hardcore setting for claims is largely a question of luck, roll of the dice, etc. - from what I can gather from various postings on these and other threads. There may be some algorithms at work at hardcore settings too - but we casual fliers tend to gravitate towards the medium claims system.

Another little tip - no matter what level of claims system you are using - include multiple witnesses in the witness box - this may be done by clicking in the witness box and writing in other names too. Make sure to separate multiple names with a comma and a single space, for proper formatting. Don't use semicolons, colons, and other things to separate names since that may result in a perpetually stuck claim.

Cheers all ("next time you must have witnesses"),
Von S smile2

Good Tips there VonS!

I wrote some of them down they were that good!

Well I will switch to medium settings ASAP!

I am in a SE-5 and loving it.

Just got 1st confirmed kill. In saying that it makes 1 out of 4 for that plane in claims on hard. To make matters worse I was exiting to mission debrief after landing and the game crashed. I had 2 more with this plane I was going to claim. Heck on Medium settings I would probably be an Ace already in this thing.......

Originally Posted by Rick_Rawlings
+1 for medium claims. Too old/too employed/too married with children to stress out with the harder system. Although Rene Fonck had only about a 50% confirmed rate apparently. So there is that...

I am with Ya now Rick on the Medium claims screw the hard!

kneeldown

Salute!
Wolfar

20 Year US Navy Retired

1997~2003
#4574241 - 07/12/21 02:21 PM Re: Claims [Re: Wolfar]  
Rick_Rawlings Offline
Rick_Rawlings  Offline

One other point, though: I won't claim a plane if I had no reasonable way of knowing about it. So if I saw one go down and another lost power and crashed after I left the area, the mission details would say that I got two but I would only put one in the claims form.

The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...
#4574266 - 07/12/21 05:03 PM Re: Claims [Re: Rick_Rawlings]  
Wolfar Offline
Wolfar  Offline

Buckeye, AZ
One other point, though: I won't claim a plane if I had no reasonable way of knowing about it. So if I saw one go down and another lost power and crashed after I left the area, the mission details would say that I got two but I would only put one in the claims form.

Copy that!

Salute!
Wolfar

20 Year US Navy Retired

1997~2003
#4574276 - 07/12/21 06:14 PM Re: Claims [Re: Rick_Rawlings]  
Lucky_1 Offline
Lucky_1  Offline

Mehlingen, Germany

I've also read that Billy Bishop's claims were potentially over-inflated since there were often no witnesses.

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80