Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 257 of 384 1 2 255 256 257 258 259 383 384
#4573967 - 07/08/21 04:11 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? *** [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
I'm not sure why the Simpsons is still on the air. Do folk still watch the show? Are the ratings still good?

The peak of the popularity for the show was in the mid-90's so no, the ratings today aren't as high but it's still making money. If it wasn't still making money the show would have already been cancelled.

Still, there's something to be said about an animated show still being popular enough to be on the air for more than 25 seasons.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4573970 - 07/08/21 04:24 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
I saw two movies last weekend:

1) "Time Trap" -- I like independent film. I also enjoy films that may have had more of a mainstream backing but were ignored by the public. Mostly this is because I've seen all the big name films, and rather than watching the same stuff over and over, I'd rather see something new. I stumbled across "Time Trap" not thinking much, almost begrudgingly pressing the play button, half expecting to behold another snooze fest of recycled ideas, cliche dialogue and uninteresting plot. Happily, I was wrong here. This film was not only science fiction, but sci-fi meets fantasy, with a lower budget... that was actually really good! The film sort of gave off a light Goonies vibe(never went fully there), but was dialogue heavy in a way you'd expect from a film with a lower budget, but they spent their money where it counted. The film was only 88 minutes long and my only regret is there wasn't more to watch after the credits rolled. Rare will I say such a thing, as I consider 90 minutes the optimal length for a film these days, but this one begs for more. What a nice surprise. *** 1/2 out of ****.

2) "Save Me" -- Sometimes I enjoy watching sleazy noir, reminiscent of the style we would behold in the early to mid 90s on late night television. There were some true gems buried in that tobacco stained trash heap of script. This... was not exactly one of those gems. It wasn't bad, but I found myself yelling at the screen hoping that the writers would make a brilliant decision towards the end, creating twists and turns that would lead to an unpredictable, brilliant payoff. Alas, they tried to be clever but really, truly failed. If a writer isn't consistently feeding their characters "sheet" sandwiches more routinely than an IV drip, the audience will lose their suspense and the film will plod along. This one didn't plod, it simply disappointed. Also, I was wishing they'd cut out the sex scenes altogether and focus on story, for there were traces of "Basic Instinct" in there, but only vapid wisps and not meaty steaks. ** out of ****.

#4573972 - 07/08/21 04:34 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I looked up the cast for "Time Trap" and didn't recognize a single actor. However, I recognized several actors in "Save Me". That's the one with Michael Ironside right?

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4573973 - 07/08/21 04:37 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Hotshot
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
I looked up the cast for "Time Trap" and didn't recognize a single actor. However, I recognized several actors in "Save Me". That's the one with Michael Ironside right?

Yep.

Taking bets now on whether he survived the movie...

Apparently Kathy Lee Gifford's daughter has one of the main roles in Time Trap.

p.s. the girl from "Krull" is always easy on the eyes. She's not Connelly hots, but she definitely made the film a bit more pleasant.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 07/08/21 04:39 PM.
#4573975 - 07/08/21 04:40 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA

p.s. the girl from "Krull" is always easy on the eyes. She's not Connelly hots, but she definitely made the film a bit more pleasant.

LOL! You read my mind. Yeah, I'll always remember her as the hot Krull princess.

#4574012 - 07/09/21 05:24 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: Crane Hunter]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

Originally Posted by Crane Hunter
The Tomorrow War.

Trash!

Purge series tier.

Are you saying Tomorrow War is part of Purge series or are you saying you've watch The Tomorrow War. It was trash.

Then you also watch the new Purge series movie?

I ask because The Tomorrow War has nothing to do with the Purge series and its latest movie.

This is the new Purge series movie https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10327252/

This it The Tomorrow War https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9777666/

2 different movies.

The first 2 Purge were decent. The third one was this

https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4232108/

https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4226638/

https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4745544/

I won't even bother with this new one.

#4574069 - 07/09/21 08:45 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

Season 2 just dropped. https://tv.apple.com/us/show/the-snoopy-show/umc.cmc.5iswprrvjjw6ab020a17x4ca3

I love Snoopy! Everyone loves Snoopy!

#4574070 - 07/09/21 08:52 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy

Are you saying Tomorrow War is part of Purge series or are you saying you've watch The Tomorrow War. It was trash.

Then you also watch the new Purge series movie?

I ask because The Tomorrow War has nothing to do with the Purge series and its latest movie.

This is the new Purge series movie https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10327252/

This it The Tomorrow War https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9777666/

2 different movies.

The first 2 Purge were decent. The third one was this

https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4232108/

https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4226638/

https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4745544/

I won't even bother with this new one.

[Linked Image]

#4574079 - 07/09/21 11:15 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I really think he is Crane.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 07/09/21 11:16 PM.

#4574080 - 07/09/21 11:27 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
oldgrognard Offline
Administrator
oldgrognard  Offline
Administrator
Lifer

USA
Ok, leave off insulting other members.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#4574095 - 07/10/21 07:24 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

Most depressing film I watched this year. https://www.amazon.com/Best-Years-Our-Lives/dp/B00AMZXZPK

#4574121 - 07/10/21 07:39 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
The entire Sons of Anarchy series, plus the first few seasons of the Mayans.

Ugh, such crap, how did this show ever become so popular?

The only things enjoyed about it were the bike sequences and some of the brawls, otherwise it was a tedious grease opera full of lame contrived drama and unconvincing characters.

#4574125 - 07/10/21 08:33 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
Chucky Online sosad
Veteran
Chucky  Online Sosad
Veteran

UK
Black Widow. I thought it was complete trash, never even finished it. I guess it's not for me. S.J is still hot though.

What I am enjoying is 'Mr Inbetween'. An Australian crime drama/black comedy.

Last edited by Chucky; 07/10/21 09:24 PM.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4574135 - 07/11/21 04:41 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

Black Widow. My problem with these Marvel movies is I do not remember all the other ones or how they all relate to each other. So I am lost most of the time while I am watching them. The makers of these films expect audiences to remember everything about the other 25 or 30 films. Impossible!

Also each time a Marvel film is made, social media idiots make a big deal about the mid credits and post credits scenes. Like out of 25-30 Marvel films, each one 2-3 hours long, those scenes are the most important parts?

Honestly those scenes mean nothing to me. Black Widow did not have a mid credits scene. It did have a post credits scene. I won't tell what it was but from its content, I do not remember when it happened. Then you have characters appearing in these scenes that we are also required to know who they are or remember in what other Marvel film they appeared in before and their back stories. Again, Impossible!

#4574388 - 07/14/21 01:55 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

#4574389 - 07/14/21 02:03 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Never heard of that movie. I mostly know Peppard for his work on The A-Team and The Blue Max.

#4574395 - 07/14/21 03:27 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
Hotshot
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
I really enjoy films from that era, they remind me of simpler, cell phone and technology free times.

#4574396 - 07/14/21 03:40 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
Hotshot
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
I saw one movie and a show this weekend due to a game running way too late on Saturday:

1) "Suburbicon" -- Supposedly this was a Cohen brothers film directed by George Clooney. Not bad, telegraphed a bit too much, and lots was a bit too obvious. More subtlety and red herrings could have gone a long way here. I was going to rate this one a half star higher, but on Monday I couldn't even remember what I watched Friday night, so I'm not going to award that partial star after all. ** 1/2 out of ****

p.s. This film pissed me off with their typical Hollywood misconception of Christians. Once again we have a bunch of racist, hate and violence filled Christians, except this time they're justifying their racism and assault on a black family in the name of God, which is simply stereotypical and wrong. I'm not surprised, coming from Hollywood and especially George Clooney. I did not deduct points for this, though.

2) "Black Mirror, Season 2, Episode 2" -- This show is strong, there's not much more to say. I wish anthology shoes were given more budget money. I know serials are in vogue, and that's fine, because way back when I was a kid I wished serials were a thing, and this is great. But anthology shoes aren't even episodic with a repeating cast--they're short stories with a twist. For a spell in the 80s and early 90s we had them aplenty--"Alfred Hitchcock Presents," "Ray Bradbury Theater," "The Hitchhiker," "Tales from the Darkside," "Tales from the Crypt," to name the best of the era. Black Mirror is shaping up to be another great, albeit with far too few episodes. Short stories are hard to write well, but they provide a specific form of entertainment you cannot find in longer form presentations. This episode gets *** 1/2 out of **** stars, and reminded me of a script from the 70s.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 07/14/21 03:44 PM.
#4574402 - 07/14/21 04:33 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA

1) "Suburbicon" -- Supposedly this was a Cohen brothers film directed by George Clooney. Not bad, telegraphed a bit too much, and lots was a bit too obvious. More subtlety and red herrings could have gone a long way here. I was going to rate this one a half star higher, but on Monday I couldn't even remember what I watched Friday night, so I'm not going to award that partial star after all. ** 1/2 out of ****

p.s. This film pissed me off with their typical Hollywood misconception of Christians. Once again we have a bunch of racist, hate and violence filled Christians, except this time they're justifying their racism and assault on a black family in the name of God, which is simply stereotypical and wrong. I'm not surprised, coming from Hollywood and especially George Clooney. I did not deduct points for this, though.

If you know anything about Clooney's political views this should come with absolutely ZERO surprise.

Now he's busy preaching about "climate change" from his cushy mega-mansion on Lake Cuomo, Italy.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 07/14/21 04:34 PM.

#4574419 - 07/14/21 07:13 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

The only episode of Black Mirror I enjoy was the 'Star Trek' one. I wish they make a series out of that.

https://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads....ast-movie-or-tv-show-you-saw#Post4547397

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Never heard of that movie. I mostly know Peppard for his work on The A-Team and The Blue Max.

Never seen them. I do need to catch The A-Team just to see Jessica Biel.

Page 257 of 384 1 2 255 256 257 258 259 383 384

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.