Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4572495 - 06/22/21 07:59 PM Why are CH Pedals Such a Problem  
Kolbex Offline
Kolbex  Offline

I have read the FAQ. I don't know anything about programming CH Manager. I downloaded and opened the map file in CH Manager. It didn't fix the problem, although is opening it all you need to do? I have never needed to mess with CH Manager for any other sim (WOFF, UE, DCS, MSFS off the top of my head). The CH Manager I have (latest version downloaded from CH) does not even let me put my devices in mapped mode (the button is greyed out). Now for a description of the actual problem:

When I try to bind the pedals' Z axis to rudder, it binds to Throttle instead. As in, I unbind "Axis Rudder" under the FighterStick (I have no idea what this would even be bound to; the stick doesn't twist), select "CH Pro Pedals USB" in Select Controller click "Axis Rudder" under "Current Bindings" (it is not bound, because no "Unbind" button appears), then I click "Yaw Control (Rudder)" under "Bind to Axis" and the little "Re Assign Binding" window pops up, so I move the pedals along their Z axis and "CH Pro Pedals USB: Z Axis" shows up in the window, so I click "Bind" and...it binds the pedals' Z axis to "Axis Throttle." I have done this multiple times and tested that yes, it is indeed making the pedals' z axis my throttle control. Why is this happening?

I did not have this problem in WOFF, so I have no idea why WOFF2 is so different.

Last edited by Kolbex; 06/22/21 07:59 PM.
#4572516 - 06/23/21 02:28 AM Re: Why are CH Pedals Such a Problem [Re: Kolbex]  
Kolbex Offline
Kolbex  Offline

I appear to have fixed my problem by disregarding the FAQ, which states that you MUST have CH Control Manager software installed. Doing some digging as to the greyed out mapped mode button, I discovered on the IL-2 BoX forums that CH has stopped supporting Control Manager in Windows 10. So, I uninstalled it, went back into WOFF2 and unbound the axes I didn't want, but since Axis Rudder was already set to the pedals' Z axis, I left it. Opened up a quick mission and it works fine.

#4572528 - 06/23/21 08:23 AM Re: Why are CH Pedals Such a Problem [Re: Kolbex]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Glad you have sorted it Kolbex, unfortunately the Pedals seem not be the same for each person it seems on Windows 10. Also, the CM is an older version that seems to work well for some.
The FAQ has 2 suggestions based on what worked for others, but of course depending on the vagaries of Windows 10 some like yourself may not need it, or perhaps it helped as you assigned the Z axis?

And yes, WOFF BH&H II is not different to WOFF UE/PE in controller regard.

Last edited by Polovski; 06/23/21 08:25 AM.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.