PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by DBond
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
It was implemented MUCH better in Witcher 3.

Agreed. Panam had some nice jeans, no doubt. But Yennefer was hotter, and Trish more sweet, and besides, they showed more boob. Tank sex is novel, but Witcher 3 is the winner here.

What I found really odd is that the violence/gore level in the game was turned up to 11 but the sex was like a level 5!

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 06/03/21 02:02 PM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4570859 - 06/03/21 05:36 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Allen]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
Originally Posted by Allen
Cyberpunk 2077 will 'live up to what we promised,' CD Projekt boss says

Six months after its release, nearly half of the Cyberpunk development team are still working on it.

"We intend to live up to what we promised our gamers in January," Kiciński said.

The remark reflects comments Kiciński made in April ... "We are convinced that we can bring the game to such a state that we can be proud of it and therefore successfully sell it for years to come,"

Kiciński said that "nearly half" of the Cyberpunk development team is still working on either the currently-available versions or the upcoming next-gen editions

This may be relevant to some folks like me who are "waiting" for a "totally high end, truly finished" version -- or we won't ever buy it.

That's no reflection on folks who have played it and liked it. "Beauty is in the eye of ..."

I had pre-ordered -- but, cancelled the pre-order. One of the few times I actually should have cancelled a pre-order (considering my personal gaming tastes) and actually did it smile

But, I'd like to play it eventually. That's why I follow its development.

did you read the quote ? that is a non afirmation....what was what they promised ? a polished game ? so they will fix the bugs and that is it. trust me this wont ever get a no man sky turn over, they arent going to remake the game, its too far gone to change mechanics, the story is done,so what could been changed ? only performance, bug crunches. to deliver a solid game. wich is the fuking bare minimal.

Last edited by Blade_RJ; 06/03/21 05:37 PM.
#4570882 - 06/03/21 09:29 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Allen Offline
Hotshot
Allen  Offline
Hotshot

Ohio USA
Originally Posted by Blade_RJ
did you read the quote ? that is a non afirmation....what was what they promised ? a polished game ? so they will fix the bugs and that is it. trust me this wont ever get a no man sky turn over, they arent going to remake the game, its too far gone to change mechanics, the story is done,so what could been changed ? only performance, bug crunches. to deliver a solid game. wich is the fuking bare minimal.

It certainly could turn out as you surmise. So far, they've not managed the program the way I might have.

I could live with the story. What I want fixed are environmental things that break my immersion. Mainly, the unrealistic aspects of the setting (I've not played, only read about it).

A couple examples of many: If I'm on a rooftop (or far from civilization) and commit a crime, police should not "materialize" around me. Police should take a realistic time to arrive and in realistic numbers -- i.e. never arrive out in the hinterlands (that's been only partly fixed). For example: Pedestrians should walk around like real people, be open to minor (meaningless in many cases) conversation, and run for cover when the shooting starts. Cars should behave and drive like an automobile (or racing) simulation -- not like an afterthought. Don't spend CPU/GPU FPS on Ray Tracing and other minor pictorial gimmicks until the big things are fixed.

In other words, given that this is a "highest end game", the City should seem/behave like a totally realistic city -- to the highest degree possible with today's hardware.

To be sure, it seems unlikely now and may never happen. But, if they pull it off, I'll buy smile

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro
#4570904 - 06/04/21 01:03 AM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
I've never had a video game sexual encounter. I feel left out.

#4570920 - 06/04/21 05:28 AM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Allen]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil

It certainly could turn out as you surmise. So far, they've not managed the program the way I might have.

I could live with the story. What I want fixed are environmental things that break my immersion. Mainly, the unrealistic aspects of the setting (I've not played, only read about it).

A couple examples of many: If I'm on a rooftop (or far from civilization) and commit a crime, police should not "materialize" around me. Police should take a realistic time to arrive and in realistic numbers -- i.e. never arrive out in the hinterlands (that's been only partly fixed). For example: Pedestrians should walk around like real people, be open to minor (meaningless in many cases) conversation, and run for cover when the shooting starts. Cars should behave and drive like an automobile (or racing) simulation -- not like an afterthought. Don't spend CPU/GPU FPS on Ray Tracing and other minor pictorial gimmicks until the big things are fixed.

In other words, given that this is a "highest end game", the City should seem/behave like a totally realistic city -- to the highest degree possible with today's hardware.

To be sure, it seems unlikely now and may never happen. But, if they pull it off, I'll buy smile

notify me when our character shadows finally get a hair and reflect the animation we are doing. untill then, the game is dog #%&*$# with worms.

#4570962 - 06/04/21 03:22 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
wormfood Offline
wormfood  Offline

Texas
Originally Posted by DBond
It was implemented MUCH better in Witcher 3.

Agreed. Panam had some nice jeans, no doubt. But Yennefer was hotter, and Trish more sweet, and besides, they showed more boob. Tank sex is novel, but Witcher 3 is the winner here.

What I found really odd is that the violence/gore level in the game was turned up to 11 but the sex was like a level 5!

They originally claimed the sex was going to be turned up to 11 as well, but received too much flak over it and toned it down. People even got upset at the more provocative billboards in the game.
Smashing people's heads in with a baseball bat or frying their brains with cyberdecks, that's totally cool and nobody cares.

#4570984 - 06/04/21 04:45 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Blade_RJ]  
Lieste Offline
Lieste  Offline

notify me when our character shadows finally get a hair and reflect the animation we are doing. untill then, the game is dog #%&*$# with worms.

There is a shadow hair mod on Nexus. No idea of how well it works - I still haven't bought this, as will probably wait until I upgrade/replace my current (i7 3770/970 *i.e. quite old*) PC - but the 'problem' has at least a mod solution even if not currently patched in the core files.

#4571089 - 06/05/21 10:37 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
I TOLD YOU SO

"CDPR's 2021Q1 investor call reveals: Cyberpunk 2077's promised free DLCs will only be "small bonus content" (p. 1), getting back to PS Store uncertain ("if that happens") and next patch is "not a big one" (p. 10).

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2021/06/transcript-q1-2021.pdf

Last edited by Blade_RJ; 06/05/21 10:38 PM.
#4571135 - 06/06/21 05:52 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
pre alpha footage leaked from source code leak https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeak...a_gameplay_2013_for_cyberpunk_2077_gets/

The source code for both witcher 3 and cyberpunk all versions including consoles and next gen and switch have leaked including the consoles SDK, its on a torrent floating somewhere in tempestuous waters.

#4571496 - 06/11/21 08:32 AM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Allen Offline
Hotshot
Allen  Offline
Hotshot

Ohio USA
For gamers who "have it all" and "want more".

Elon Musk demos Cyberpunk 2077 on Tesla’s new infotainment system powered by AMD Navi 23 GPU

Elon Musk says Tesla’s new infotainment system is now as powerful as PlayStation 5

The central console has a large 17-inch display with 2200×1300 resolution. But the central processing unit feeds data and images to another two screens. Tesla has made improvements in system UI, display quality, or even to the car audio system, which is powered by Tesla’s own codec. The biggest change, however, has come to the GPU capabilities of the new infotainment system.

Elon has delivered on his promise that the new infotainment system can play Cyberpunk. In fact, this was shown at the event during a live demo. Elon said that the system delivers high framerates in modern games

Tesla Model S Plaid costs 122,990 USD.

Attached Files Tesla-Arcade-2021-Update-2.jpgTesla-Arcade-2021-Update-5.jpgTESLA-ARCADE-Cyberpunk2077-1.jpgTESLA-ARCADE-Cyberpunk2077-2.jpg

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro
#4571498 - 06/11/21 08:50 AM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
mikew Offline
mikew  Offline

UK
Awesome!
..although I'm not sure the shape of the Tesla steering wheel allows use of the tray attachments such as this:
https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/asin/B01LZ5NC99/1/ref=ask_ql_psf_ql_hza?isAnswered=true

Good to have something to hold your snacks and Jack Daniels while playing during the commute.
The JD is needed to stop you pondering over the quality of the Autopilot software while you're hurtling down the freeway at 100mph.

#4571504 - 06/11/21 10:40 AM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Which character class did you guys find more interesting? Street kid or bandit? I played as Corpo for my first playthrough so I'm debating which other class to play as next when I replay the game later this year

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4571507 - 06/11/21 11:54 AM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Lieste Offline
Lieste  Offline

The difference in character is really only about how you play the quests in game, and the short introduction, with a little bit of flavour text here and there being the only input of the background.

There can still be a considerable difference in playthroughs according to how helpful and *how* you are helpful/selfish. Less if your first play is a 'completion-ish' playthrough, than if you only follow those quests which align with your role playing.

#4571509 - 06/11/21 12:08 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Lieste]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Lieste

There can still be a considerable difference in playthroughs according to how helpful and *how* you are helpful/selfish. Less if your first play is a 'completion-ish' playthrough, than if you only follow those quests which align with your role playing.

Yeah, in addition to playing as Corpo I was also "Mr. Nice Guy" all the time in how I dealt with the NPC's. Maybe for my second playthrough I'll play as a total a$$hole. smile

#4571510 - 06/11/21 12:19 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yes, I'd say it's more a question of which opening hour did you like the most? From that point on it's the same game. I only played through as Street Kid so can't say which opening is the most interesting. Different speech check responses pop up through the run, but I'd bet that each character gets them at the same time, with the same outcomes, only the actual wording changes to reflect the background. It's smoke and mirrors. This is was the thing I was most disappointed in when it became obvious that the back story means nothing and has no effect on how things play out.

I felt like each should have been much more fleshed out, with various bonuses and unique items or opportunities available or restricted based on the back story you choose. For example as a Street Kid I could have started with more street cred and earned it faster, or maybe had access to a fence or shops that others do not. Different solutions or mission options. V's apartment in a different part of town. A unique weapon class or even skill tree. In the end it proved far too barebones, at least compared to the modest things I was expecting.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4571511 - 06/11/21 12:25 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
wormfood Offline
wormfood  Offline

Texas
The only two openings I've played are Nomad and Street Kid, of the two, Nomad had the better opening. Since you cannot unlock all attribute points or perks most of the replay value comes in how you roleplay and what skills you choose.

#4571514 - 06/11/21 12:30 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: wormfood]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by wormfood
Since you cannot unlock all attribute points or perks most of the replay value comes in how you roleplay and what skills you choose.

Yeah that's a great point. I was blown away by simply how huge and complex the skill/attribute trees are in the game. With a max level cap of 50 you have to be very selective in what you pick.

#4591712 - 02/15/22 07:06 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
wormfood Offline
wormfood  Offline

Texas
Looks like they're still working on it with 1.5 dropping today.
Here's the detes: https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/41435/patch-1-5-next-generation-update-list-of-changes

Mostly it looks like lots of bug, AI and mission fixes with some added weapons and attachments.
They also added different apartments and the ability to customize your starting apartment.

#4591715 - 02/15/22 07:18 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: wormfood]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by wormfood
Looks like they're still working on it with 1.5 dropping today.
Here's the detes: https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/41435/patch-1-5-next-generation-update-list-of-changes

Mostly it looks like lots of bug, AI and mission fixes with some added weapons and attachments.
They also added different apartments and the ability to customize your starting apartment.

Just in time too! I just got my brand new Alienware PC online yesterday so I'll be reinstalling Cyberpunk later this week. I'm looking forward to replaying it.

#4591718 - 02/15/22 07:35 PM Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [Re: Crane Hunter]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Is Cyberpunk anything like the Prey reboot in terms of freedom, creativity and ability to choose your own adventure?

note: I utterly despise GTA-style mission structure.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 02/15/22 07:36 PM.
Page 28 of 37 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 36 37

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.