"The engine's overheating and so am I. Either we stand down, or blow up. Now which do you want?"

[Linked Image]

Good call!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

OK not the same squadron/loadout but anyway...

(Strike Fighters 2 NATO)

Interesting post about Buccs at Red Flag on the PPRune forums:

solotk

10th Jan 2002, 00:13

For some sad reason, this is one of those aviation things you never forget....

it was on the BBC news magazine programme "Nationwide", which featured the schoolboy dreamboat Sue Lawley. it was Red Flag, and the buccaneer driver was having what is loosely described as a "flying like a god" day. I will never forget that, he was using absolutely EVERY inch of airspace available, and was terminally "Fangs Out" The wingtip vortices were milk white and there was a sandstorm in his wake. The optical tracking USAF guys, were simulating a SAM site, and they had to keep the crosshairs on the Bucc for 5 seconds to score a kill. I remember the excitement in the control room, with various comments like "God #%&*$#" and "That guy can fly" the one that sticks in my mind, is the operator in charge of making the kill, towards the end, just screaming at the top of his voice "GO BABY GO BABY GO BABY GO" .I applied for my test in advance at Biggin Hill the following day.

When I was being interviewed post selection tests, the I/C board, (Wing Cdr. Gordon Massey) asked me why I wanted to join the Air Force. I forgot my carefully rehearsed "battle of britain" speech, and just told them how I felt, seeing that buccaneer trash the best the septics had to offer. I passed....lol

If I ever meet that Buccaneer God, I'll buy him all the booze he ever needs.

Tony

Attached Files img00043.JPGimg00042.JPGimg00045.JPG
Last edited by 33lima; 06/08/21 10:18 PM.

SimHQ Battle of Britain II screenshots thread
CombatAce Mission Reports
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." (attributed to Marcus Aurelius)