Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4570614 - 06/01/21 04:23 AM Re: OT: new WW1 planes after years in Il2:GB [Re: JFM]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Originally Posted by JFM
Re: DCS, I took it up the highway via that WWII Kickstarter years ago. They never made right on it for me, and now seven years later I just don't give a scheisse anymore. Plus, people think ROF's planes were pricey! rofl

I was part of that WWII kick starter fiasco and I am still waiting on my ME262 which I don't think will be released in the next few years. I have recently finished building my new Rig and I am set to run DCS World and have dabbled a bit in 2.7. It looks fabulous but it is still what it is and that is a discombobulated mess with no real road map or cohesion concerning the purpose of building the whole WWII scenario in the first place. The planes fly nice and there is some fun to be had, but I just kind of feel like a cat when I fire up DCS. I want to go jump in the DCS box because it looks all pretty and the weather is nice, but once in it, it only takes me a few minutes to realize that there is practically nothing going on in the box but me. I have a little fun, but then I remember about all of the other Sims that I have that actually have some focused and engaging SP content and Campaigns or Career modes, and so I shut down DCS and wander back to a more fulfilling Combat Flight Sim or Tank Simulator. I will give DCS this, it is a picture taker's or video producer's dream because it simply looks beautiful, but then it opens its' mouth and I'm like, your not eating crackers in my bed, get out of here. But still, if they made a Halberstadt D.2 or a Nieuport n28 C.1, amongst many other superb WWI Crates, I would buy it like the sucker I am. Oh well, I am happy for the new offerings in FC I & II.

S!Blade<><

#4597837 - 04/24/22 01:58 AM Re: OT: new WW1 planes after years in Il2:GB [Re: trustworthykebab]  
masterKamera Offline
masterKamera  Offline

what is FE2 by the way, the only thing i can find online is some sort of low grade "escape the map on foot game"

Everything has gone down the tubes with 1CCC,

Rise of Flight master server about to be shut down

FLying Circus 1 and 2 a joke, yeah the handley page was nice, but the issue is that they reduced the power of the Decker 20mm ammunition, and reduced the downward firing angle of the german observer machine guns to "keep it fair".
rise of flight only takes 2 clips of 20mm HE to a handley page engine pod to start a nice fire. Flying Circus takes 5 clips.

Only fightable plane in flying circus 1 is the Dr1. only visibility, only one th at doesnt fall out of the sky, but the bullet damage is all really wrong.. 100 vickers hits to a german wing will do you in, but 1,000 rounds to the wings/fueselage of a breguet will do NOTHING..but a single hit to the fuel tank on top of the wing could set the thing off in a fire ball.

RIse of Flight and WOFF actually make "best of flight sim' lists by the various game magazines.. RoF is always in the top 10 lists, and ALLWAYS between 9 and 12 spots for "best 20 flight games". !c games have yet to make a list..

#4597864 - 04/24/22 03:06 PM Re: OT: new WW1 planes after years in Il2:GB [Re: trustworthykebab]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
WoFF BH&H II is my go to WWI flight sim game, it scratches that itch for WWI aviation.
I played RoF to death years ago and bought everything they released... I still on occasion go back to it.
FC is a sideshow for the GB series as far as I'm concerned... but I watch it with interest as yes, there are problems to fix, (wings that fall off if the pilot farts a bit to loud etc), but I won't right it off as more maps, the career system and further content will come.
Jason said recently as they have a small team they can't get around to all the problems that need fixing as he has a deadline to meet, so I wouldn't expect to see fast improvement on the FC front.
As with all my flight sim games, WWI, WWII, fast jets and even civilian flight sims, they all have little niggles that need ironing out, but I have had pleasure and fun out of all of them.

#4597886 - 04/24/22 08:38 PM Re: OT: new WW1 planes after years in Il2:GB [Re: Trooper117]  
masterKamera Offline
masterKamera  Offline

Originally Posted by Trooper117
WoFF BH&H II is my go to WWI flight sim game, it scratches that itch for WWI aviation.
I played RoF to death years ago and bought everything they released... I still on occasion go back to it.
FC is a sideshow for the GB series as far as I'm concerned... but I watch it with interest as yes, there are problems to fix, (wings that fall off if the pilot farts a bit to loud etc), but I won't right it off as more maps, the career system and further content will come.
Jason said recently as they have a small team they can't get around to all the problems that need fixing as he has a deadline to meet, so I wouldn't expect to see fast improvement on the FC front.
As with all my flight sim games, WWI, WWII, fast jets and even civilian flight sims, they all have little niggles that need ironing out, but I have had pleasure and fun out of all of them.

Trooper, we all have experiences that differ on the il2 great battles games, most of the hard core, online, multi player users on the oficial forum call it the "fecal matter box" for a reason.

their whole speil for 2 years has been getting the normandy phase done. problem is they have ruined the whole game because they have changed everything in weapons, fligh models, pilot safety so that the ONLINE MULTI PLAYER community can fly a p51b mustange, online and outfly and outfight late war planes such as the fw-190 "Dora" and a light plane called the BF-109 K14..

#4597895 - 04/24/22 10:33 PM Re: OT: new WW1 planes after years in Il2:GB [Re: masterKamera]  
33lima Offline
33lima  Offline

Belfast, NI
Originally Posted by masterKamera
what is FE2 by the way, the only thing i can find online is some sort of low grade "escape the map on foot game"

FE2 is First Eagles 2, a development of Third Wire's Strike Fighters jetsim which, rather strangely, makes a rather good WW1 propsim - especially if you have the patience to track down and use the many mods, after which you will have much the biggest planeset and widest range of theatres of any WW1 flightsim.

SimHQ Battle of Britain II screenshots thread
CombatAce Mission Reports
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." (attributed to Marcus Aurelius)

#4597935 - 04/25/22 01:26 PM Re: OT: new WW1 planes after years in Il2:GB [Re: masterKamera]  
trustworthykebab Offline
trustworthykebab  Offline

FLying Circus 1 and 2 a joke, yeah the handley page was nice, but the issue is that they reduced the power of the Decker 20mm ammunition, and reduced the downward firing angle of the german observer machine guns to "keep it fair".
rise of flight only takes 2 clips of 20mm HE to a handley page engine pod to start a nice fire. Flying Circus takes 5 clips.

Only fightable plane in flying circus 1 is the Dr1. only visibility, only one th at doesnt fall out of the sky, but the bullet damage is all really wrong.. 100 vickers hits to a german wing will do you in, but 1,000 rounds to the wings/fueselage of a breguet will do NOTHING..but a single hit to the fuel tank on top of the wing could set the thing off in a fire ball.

RIse of Flight and WOFF actually make "best of flight sim' lists by the various game magazines.. RoF is always in the top 10 lists, and ALLWAYS between 9 and 12 spots for "best 20 flight games". !c games have yet to make a list..

MK, heard nothing about the master server for ROF being shut down. Did I miss anything official?

#4598074 - 04/26/22 05:17 PM Re: OT: new WW1 planes after years in Il2:GB [Re: trustworthykebab]  
masterKamera Offline
masterKamera  Offline

Originally Posted by trustworthykebab

MK, heard nothing about the master server for ROF being shut down. Did I miss anything official?

its a vague threat right now on the rof website forum. apparently its a numbers game, aggravated by very limited numbers of people buying aircraft from them. Personally the only time they sell aircraft is when they go on sale, and the people who use the game already bought what they wanted to buy. SO for them its a loss leader, and jason williams who owns the whole show, is rather unhappy because Rise of Flight has been sticking a knife in the back of their flying circus games, because the quality is rather lacking in the flying circus offerings.

#4598094 - 04/26/22 06:36 PM Re: OT: new WW1 planes after years in Il2:GB [Re: trustworthykebab]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Remember watch the name-calling in the forum please - you can have an opinion but keep any comments civil guys.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4598174 - 04/27/22 03:00 PM Re: OT: new WW1 planes after years in Il2:GB [Re: trustworthykebab]  
dutch Offline
dutch  Offline

EURO-zone
Small corrections here about Jason Williams, he seems to be not the owner of 1C and the Il2 series, he is Executive Producer at 1C Game Studios. Strangely not anymore the owner of the 777studio’s (=RoF). https://www.linkedin.com/in/jasonvwilliams
New owner from 777/RoF seems to be 1C game studios https://www.linkedin.com/company/1c...ce-item_profile-section-card_image-click

edit: sorry seems to be SimHQ can not handle Linkedin profiles do your search on Linkedin and read it all.

Also interesting is this announcement Cyprus Keep in your mind 1C studios has nothing to do with Tencent, more the fact that 1C is now based in Cyprus. reading

Last edited by dutch; 04/27/22 03:20 PM. Reason: klere forum
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80