Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4570095 - 05/27/21 10:08 AM MOD page with NO MODS !  
jnhoward Offline
jnhoward  Offline

somerset
So where have you hidden the MODS for WOTR ???.
Nothing is ever easy on this site. I have seen posts about mods for WOTR but can I find them, Obviously not.
This is a pain to have to post for info so often, as the search box is useless.
the first thing I am looking for is the Map mod.
which site is that on ?..
Thanks..

#4570107 - 05/27/21 11:19 AM Re: MOD page with NO MODS ! [Re: jnhoward]  
Trooper117 Online smile
Hotshot
Trooper117  Online Smile
Hotshot

UK
Just googled WoTR mods... took less than 30seconds.

https://thatoneplease.co/WOTR.html

#4570172 - 05/27/21 07:09 PM Re: MOD page with NO MODS ! [Re: Trooper117]  
jnhoward Offline
jnhoward  Offline

somerset
Thanks, I thought that page was a dud, but on closer inspection I did see about 5 mods under skins & editor.
all the other sections are empty.
I read a post saying there is a map mod somewhere, but it's not there.
Is there another unofficial site with mods. or will WOFF mods work with WOTR ?.

#4570205 - 05/27/21 09:15 PM Re: MOD page with NO MODS ! [Re: jnhoward]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

@OP, if looking for the GPU Tuner Patch for WOTR (that improves FPS), as well as a small package of FM tweaks - see this link:

https://combatace.com/forums/topic/92320-fm-tweaks-for-woffuepe/?tab=comments#comment-780879

For improved terrain meshes and water mods. for WOTR, see this post:

https://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4526734/xjouves-terrain-mesh-water-map-for-wotr-tips

For the map mod., I recommend going through either the WOTR pics. thread, or the combat reports one. Somewhere in there is a link and/or instructions to the map mod. from what I remember (but I don't have the direct link with me).

Cheers all,
Von S smile2

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4570253 - 05/28/21 10:35 AM Re: MOD page with NO MODS ! [Re: VonS]  
jnhoward Offline
jnhoward  Offline

somerset
Originally Posted by VonS
@OP, if looking for the GPU Tuner Patch for WOTR (that improves FPS), as well as a small package of FM tweaks - see this link:

https://combatace.com/forums/topic/92320-fm-tweaks-for-woffuepe/?tab=comments#comment-780879

https://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4526734/xjouves-terrain-mesh-water-map-for-wotr-tips

For the map mod., I recommend going through either the WOTR pics. thread, or the combat reports one. Somewhere in there is a link and/or instructions to the map mod. from what I remember (but I don't have the direct link with me).

Cheers all,
Von S smile2

Now that is what I call an answer to a post.
All downloaded to both games. Sounds like this could be the magic fix AMD users have been desperate for.
I got WOFF and WOTR together about 10 months ago, for the first 5 months I thought my computer was faulty due to very poor fps.
And been moaning about it ever since. But still been playing them [90% WOFF] flat out all the time.
If this means I can play with terrain & scenery set to 5 instead of 3, and not dropping much below 60 fps, then this will be the all time best S/P sim out there. And for a long time to come.
Just about to see what happens next.
Thanks again..

#4570331 - 05/28/21 10:01 PM Re: MOD page with NO MODS ! [Re: jnhoward]  
jnhoward Offline
jnhoward  Offline

somerset
Originally Posted by jnhoward
Originally Posted by VonS

Cheers all,
Von S smile2

Now that is what I call an answer to a post.
All downloaded to both games. Sounds like this could be the magic fix AMD users have been desperate for.
I got WOFF and WOTR together about 10 months ago, for the first 5 months I thought my computer was faulty due to very poor fps.
And been moaning about it ever since. But still been playing them [90% WOFF] flat out all the time.
If this means I can play with terrain & scenery set to 5 instead of 3, and not dropping much below 60 fps, then this will be the all time best S/P sim out there. And for a long time to come.
Just about to see what happens next.
Thanks again..

Well done Von S that's much better. Tried out some on WOFF.
And now got all the boxes set max at 5s & 10s, hi res planes and full trees.
All running above 60fps. Got to XL time to x4 before I notice a small drop to high 50s. I've Only got a 60HTz TV, so don't see the top end fps.
I think you should get a cut of the profits for these MODS, Well done again.
Thanks.

#4570359 - 05/29/21 05:05 AM Re: MOD page with NO MODS ! [Re: jnhoward]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

@jnhoward, much appreciated and thanks for the kind words. Glad the tuners are improving FPS in WOFF, and WOTR. There's also an alternate GPU Tuner, and enhancements package, strictly for BH&H2, at the following link that I think gives slightly crisper graphics than the WOFF GPU Tuner (for PE/BH&H2, but it might shave off a few FPS):

https://combatace.com/forums/topic/92320-fm-tweaks-for-woffuepe/?tab=comments#comment-783155

The other good thing about all three tuners, the two for WOFF, and the other one for WOTR, is that they eliminate blue triangles. All three packages are AMD-vid. card friendly.

Cheers and happy flying (with good FPS),
Von S smile2

Last edited by VonS; 05/29/21 09:26 PM. Reason: Fixed typos.

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4570566 - 05/31/21 03:22 PM Re: MOD page with NO MODS ! [Re: VonS]  
jnhoward Offline
jnhoward  Offline

somerset
Hi VonS. I thought you might like an update on the patches.
I am quite happy with your WOFF patches, got the workshop settings all at 5s & 8s, woods a/fields and hi-res at medium. In cloud fog on, sun off, regional air activity med and forced encounters high.
This usually stays above 60fps, sometimes down to 54fps.
Compared to what I was getting, this is very good and I am happy with it now.
WOTR did not fair so well. It just will not run above 38fps with terrain & scenery set at 4 & 5. It will hover around 60fps if both set '3'.
When I can run COD blitz, Great Battles and Flying Circus on Ultra with max distances, Never seeing less than 60fps, I am not prepared to play this with such Stone Age graphics, good AI or not.
So after another 6 or so hours of trying settings, uninstalling & reinstalling I was almost at the point of smashing up keyboards and screens.
It's completely wiped from my computer now and I have no intention of installing it again.
I'm 64 years old and don't feel I want to waist weeks/months getting more and more wound up with it.
I just want to buy a game and play it without having sign up to the 'Open University' after.
No way am I having ago at you. Although the dicks at AMD could do with a good slap !.
Right now me and the 'Money Calm Bull' are continents apart.
But I will be sticking with WOFF, It's just the BEST out there.
Thank you for what you have done with WOFF.
Please keep it going.
THANKS again..

#4570582 - 05/31/21 07:17 PM Re: MOD page with NO MODS ! [Re: jnhoward]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Hi jnhoward, feedback always appreciated. And I'm pleased that WOFF is now working much better for you with the various tweaks and the Tuner Patch.

The WOTR GPU Tuner patch does help some, but it is hardly as noticeable of an improvement as possible with the Tuner Patch(es) designed for WOFF UE/PE/BH2. I usually get about 60 to 65 FPS in WOTR, with my WOTR GPU Tuner Patch installed, and settings at 4 or 5 in the in-sim menu, but I often see drops into the 40s FPS, sometimes even the high 30s FPS, when I am taxiing at airfields and whatnot.

I think that WOTR uses greatly revised code, compared to the WOFF series, and which in turn lowers FPS on average. Having said that, BH&H2, at least on my rig., does not give me as big of an FPS hit as does WOTR, even though BH&H2 also uses revised code when compared to WOFF UE/PE.

With WOTR, hopefully new, official developments will stabilize/improve FPS in it. I'm unable to do anything more with WOTR beyond that little GPU Tuner Patch that I've released for it - I also experimented with a few different variations on that tuner patch, but no noticeable difference/improvement in FPS was noticed, so I abandoned tinkering further with that side-project.

Cheers and thanks again for the feedback,
Von S smile2

#4570785 - 06/03/21 02:49 AM Re: MOD page with NO MODS ! [Re: jnhoward]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
At the bottom of the first 'Mods' page click on the drop down
1. ' Show From Previous'
2. A drop down will appear showing 1 day - All Threads.
3. Click on all threads.
4. Click the change button to the right of the Show From Previous column.
5. All 'Mods' ever posted in this thread will be revealed.

See attached picture. winkngrin

S!Blade<><

Attached Files 3.jpg4.jpg
Last edited by Blade_Meister; 06/03/21 02:52 AM.
#4571670 - 06/13/21 04:56 PM Re: MOD page with NO MODS ! [Re: VonS]  
jnhoward Offline
jnhoward  Offline

somerset
Hi VonS.
WOFF/ H&H2 is so much better now.
Now after about a year of messing with settings more than playing the game. All is fine now.
Only seeing fps drop to about 56, when in XL time x4.
All graphics still on 5s & 8s & med' settings. 'Brilliant'.
Almost like I've changed my rig.
If someone could come up with a 'blue rivers mod', for AMD users I wouldn't have anything left to complain about.
Thanks again for opening up this Sim' to more people.👍

#4571671 - 06/13/21 05:50 PM Re: MOD page with NO MODS ! [Re: jnhoward]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Hi JN,

Pleased to hear that all is well now in WOFF/BH2. The blue rivers mod. works fine in my WOFF 4.18 and BH&H2 installs by the way, on my AMD (FirePro) rig (Mac Pro from 2013). I am however using AMD drivers version 17.x.x - which I think give the best combination of stability and FPS at least on my system. I don't know how the blue rivers mod. behaves on newer AMD video DLLs such as the 18.x.x., 19.x.x, or 20.x.x series. The 18.x.x series gave me worse FPS so I deleted those drivers from my computer. I have versions 19.x and 20.x in a folder waiting to be tested, but I am leery of testing too many things at this point since all is working well on my Windows 10 partition. I recommend trying out the blue rivers mod. since it is JSGME-friendly - if it doesn't work it is easy to unload via JSGME.

EDIT: "blue rivers mod." refers to the river mod. by Olham.

Happy flying,
Von S smile2

Last edited by VonS; 06/15/21 06:58 AM. Reason: Edited post.

#4571770 - 06/14/21 08:41 PM Re: MOD page with NO MODS ! [Re: VonS]  
jnhoward Offline
jnhoward  Offline

somerset
Hi again.
I have not seen a blue rivers mod yet.
Just a 'rivers mod' by Olham, which dose little or nothing.
Cheers for the tip, I will have a look for it
As for old drivers, I don't think I can go back that far. and looks like it might be getting a bit confusing too.
Thanks..

#4571777 - 06/14/21 09:38 PM Re: MOD page with NO MODS ! [Re: jnhoward]  
kksnowbear Offline
kksnowbear  Offline

To be clear on this subject: There is no mod that will (or indeed, that actually *can*) resolve the issue with 'late-model' AMD graphics cards which by design must use newer drivers. It is (apparently) the newer AMD drivers that WOFF doesn't work with.

(JNHoward, you are correct: Your newer AMD GPU is not supported by drivers released before it actually existed).

As an aside, I've watched closely to see if AMD shows any sign of changing anything to fix this, and regretfully it doesn't seem they are, even though it's a 'known issue', having been originally reported almost a year ago, and reported by OBD ~5 months ago.

As a suggestion, if discussion is to be had concerning mods specifically as regards river textures, it might be best to state that these mods don't resolve the issue WOFF has with AMD cards. (Unless I'm mistaken, none of the mods resolve that issue; not much sense giving the wrong impression).

#4573536 - 07/03/21 01:09 PM Re: MOD page with NO MODS ! [Re: kksnowbear]  
jnhoward Offline
jnhoward  Offline

somerset
Yes you seem to be right about none of the mods giving me blue rivers.
I complained about the problem to AMD feedback months ago as well.
Now I'm wondering if it would be worth asking AMD if they could give me an older 'driver'. And 'IF' they did, would it even work on the newer cards ?.
cheers...

#4573541 - 07/03/21 01:47 PM Re: MOD page with NO MODS ! [Re: jnhoward]  
kksnowbear Offline
kksnowbear  Offline

Although I doubt AMD will modify an older driver for you, the older drivers are readily available online, for example here: >Guru3D AMD driver archives<

The trouble is the older drivers aren't going to recognize your card, it being nonexistent when those drivers were written/released. This is the very nature of this problem: Newer (AMD) cards require newer drivers; using newer drivers in this sim causes the 'dry' rivers.

Not much way around unless/until AMD changes their drivers, which as discussed assumes there's a problem in the drivers to begin with and beyond that, that they care to fix it. So far not much indication they are so inclined.

Which is all a shame because, meanwhile, on every front imaginable of any substance or reputation at all, AMD is kicking the dog snot outta Intel (has been for some time now, and doesn't appear to be going anywhere), which 'pulls' more and more gamers toward AMD - and problems like this pull them *away* from games with the problems. (It doesn't matter who's fault it is, the effect is the same).

I build systems as a hobby, perhaps 15-20 a year (in addition to those I do for myself or family), and I can tell you without any doubt at all: AMD is threatening Intel, big time. Over the past year, I built more AMD machines than ever - both as a percentage of all the machines I built during that time, and overall. I've actually had several recent inquiries specifically requesting AMD hardware. Word gets around, and quick.

But, I guess we just have to wait and see in this case.

Last edited by kksnowbear; 07/08/21 03:39 PM.

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.