Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
#4565242 - 04/20/21 04:20 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
xNightFlyerx Offline
xNightFlyerx  Offline

FL
Awesome I'll be keeping an eye out for that. =)

#4565249 - 04/20/21 06:07 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: Rick_Rawlings]  
xNightFlyerx Offline
xNightFlyerx  Offline

FL
Originally Posted by Rick_Rawlings
"You went up in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia-ish

rofl

#4566781 - 05/01/21 06:24 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Had a bit of free time tonight to enjoy my FrankenWOFF 4.18 install at a more leisurely pace - so I thought I'd post a few pics. to refresh this thread. WOFF sure is lovely in all of its iterations.

For those who like technical details, this particular installation is heavily-modded, using the wonderful mods. produced by the many talented modders working on WOFF (thank you RJW and company for the consolidated airfields mods., JJJ for the MultiMod and MissionEd, BB for the clouds/weather mods., Xjouve for the water patches and terrain meshes, etc., etc.). You've all done very well (as said by the young Mr. Grace in that classic 70s sitcom that some of you may remember).

I am also running the subtle bloom modification of the Bucksnort SweetFX mod. in this install (as well as backported textures and aircraft from WOFF PE). It also runs a slightly modified variant of my WOFF GPU Tuner Patch, etc. I've "borrowed" an earlier copy I had of the Pilots folder, from PE 5.03, so we have Ritt. Kiener "reanimated" again for some escapades here - but perhaps that's fitting given the overall theme of Franken-WOFF. biggrin I'm also using the various wind tweaks mentioned in the relevant "air turbulence" threads here - and I've manually brought over some of the autumn trees done by 4L0M several years ago (from one of his JSGME-friendly packages), and have interspersed them in the relevant, autumnal season folders in WOFF 4.18.

Missions are proving challenging, also mysterious if not downright spooky, with several of our Aviatik 'crates and pilots, and observers, disappearing this time around - as indicated in the flight office report. Also entertaining as always are the after mission write-ups, giving that nice historical flavor that WOFF richly recreates. The only thing I lose in FrankenWOFF when compared to PE are animated gun belts, and I have to keep the prop spinning with a ctrl+s if I land on a meadow somewhere, even at a 'drome - if I want to be able to re-start my engine again - but these little challenges add to the fun - as does the extreme deadliness of trees, and fences, in ver. 4.18. If I find more free time I will maybe post further pics. and brief mission synopses here, on occasion - should provide for a nice change from the previous and more regular escapades flown in my moderately-modded WOFF PE 5.03 install.

And Franken-four-eighteen will be an interesting bridge, eventually, to the more mature skies of BHAH.II.

Cheers all and happy flying (whatever your current flavor of WOFF),
Von S smile2

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached Files floodedarea.jpgmorningsun.jpgmorningsun2.jpgHutzenlaub.jpgAviatiks.jpgthemap.jpg
Last edited by VonS; 06/02/22 05:11 AM. Reason: Updated post.

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4566847 - 05/01/21 03:36 PM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
Asam71 Offline
Asam71  Offline

Valladolid
Hello.
It looks magnificent. Too bad OBD doesn't want to provide a UE 4.18 download to test your mod.
Greetings.

Last edited by Asam71; 05/01/21 03:37 PM.
#4566856 - 05/01/21 04:36 PM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Thank you for the kind words Asam - it took me a while to get FrankenWOFF stable but it is a fun mod. indeed, and AMD-vid. card friendly.

OBD is a fairly small development team so I doubt that they have an archives section of their website where previous WOFF patches may be downloaded. Technically, the 4.18 patch was only a patch/upgrade, but the full install of WOFF at that time, at puchase, was 4.07 if I remember correctly.

I had considered posting instructions publicly, at one point, for how to make a FrankenWOFF install - considering that it requires that one legally owns WOFF UE and the PE upgrade, anyway, in order for the franken-install to work, so there is nothing tasteless about the install instructions - but there is not much point in doing so because it would require that one had purchased WOFF UE sometime in 2017 approximately, and that one also has the 4.18 upgrade patch downloaded/saved, from 2017 or 2018, somewhere on their SSD/HDD.

So, in short, only a small no. of WOFFers would be able to do the FrankenWOFF. I recommend instead for those who have later versions of WOFF UE, or PE, or BHAH.II - if interested in recreating a similar look/color to your WOFF install - to check over the following link (it provides my ReShade presets files for WOFF, and WOTR, and which attempt to imitate the atmosphere of my 4.18 hybrid UE/PE install with its subtle bloom addon for Bucksnort's SweetFX mod.; also see the "Read Me" instructions in that zipped package for necessary options to install, and necessary filters to activate, via ReShade - in order to get the look indicated in the second picture in that post):

https://combatace.com/forums/topic/92320-fm-tweaks-for-woffuepe/?tab=comments#comment-782377

Cheers all and happy WOFFing,
Von S smile2

Last edited by VonS; 05/01/21 04:42 PM. Reason: Edited post.

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4566995 - 05/03/21 06:38 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Brief update that BH&H 2 successfully installs both into (classic) WineSkin on the Mac, as well as effectively transplanting/extracting to the Win10 side of the Mac (in Bootcamp) - those interested in further info. and (beneficial) Mac-peculiarities regarding the installation procedure are recommended to check over the relevant, bottom section of the long WOFF-on-Mac post located under the stickied threads for WOFF, on SimHQ.

Happy flying all,
Von S smile2

#4568331 - 05/13/21 11:30 PM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Had another opportunity to continue with the casual campaigns in FrankenWOFF 4.18 (backport of PE terrains/aircraft into 4.18 to give SweetFX capability) - and things are developing dramatically indeed - lost most of our squadron, as confirmed by the dialogue boxes - [...].

Scary times in FrankenWOFF - also the Oldhat flak mods. are proving very dangerous during balloon attacks, and when flying across areas that contain observation balloons. Will try out those mods. eventually in BH&H2 as well, to test compatibility. The "FrankenBHAH Enhancement Package" for BH&H2 was also largely carried over from FrankenWOFF and works well in BH2, especially recommended for those running on Macs and/or AMD-vid cards. I think it's an improvement over the WOFF GPU Tuner (for PE/BH&H2) but definitely test/compare (FrankenBHAH Enhancement gives slightly better terrain texture quality than the 1.1.1/1.3/1.4 combo. possible in the WOFF GPU Tuner).

Other observations - [...]. Perhaps a weather anomaly worthy of the Bermuda Triangle but I have now reverted to Historical Weather Mod. ver. 1.45 (was previously running 2.02), as well as the Clouds/Weather Package ver. 2.9.2 (was previously running 3.0), both by BB - and will see how things proceed. Technically this backport contraption is still UE-era vintage (4.18) so, on a hunch, I will now "run" with the older weather mod/clouds combo. to see how weather develops further. All in all an exciting little mod. this FrankenWOFF thing, and a nice testbed for testing of other various mods. and combinations that may prove beneficial in BH&H2, too. [...]

(Not enough free time yet to update my FM packs for UE/PE to BH2 - have found a text parser batch file in the meantime that should help to cut down on the update time for the package, to maybe a few weeks' worth of work, down from several months' time initial projection biggrin - but I'm going to set that aside for awhile and might eventually do one of those good, old-fashioned surveys regarding interest in the FM pack to be upgraded for BH&H2, in one of these posts - maybe as a separate thread.) Anyway, representative pics. below.

Happy flying all,
Von S smile2

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached Files 03.jpg04.jpg05.jpg06.jpg07.jpg08.jpg09.jpg
Last edited by VonS; 06/02/22 05:16 AM. Reason: Updated post.

#4568601 - 05/16/21 04:53 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Hello again fellow WOFFers and BHAHers, had a wee bit more time for another flight today in my FrankenWOFF contraption - flying and also testing further various mod. installs and order of installs, which should possibly prove to be of benefit in BH&H2 as well. For this flight I forced v-sync off again, after a few flights with it on - and was pleasantly surprised to see FPS hovering anywhere between 80 and 130 (yes 130) - even with many, many mods. loaded. Lowest FPS were about 60 but only briefly and then spooling up again soon. I was cleaning up my mods. folder and had recently de-activated all mods. for that, and then I had re-loaded them in a different order. (Pics. follow below of the latest flight - but in the meantime here is the relevant install order list; this is good for UE/PE but the order-of-install might be of benefit to BH&H2 too.)

[FrankenWOFF 4.18 MODS Loaded]
01_NewsModV4.5=1
02_HistoricalVictoryInformation1.4Aris=2
03_GeckoBetterWaterTextures=3
04_RiversModOlham=4
05_CloudMod1MB_4L0M=5
06_HistoricalWeatherMod1.45=6
07_Clouds292FullWeather=7
08_Clouds292BBfog=8
09_Clouds292NoThunder=9
10_FacilitiesModelsPanamaRed=10
11a_1914_CustomFacilitiesPanamaRed_loadonlyone=11
12_ConsolidatedPeriodsCampaignDataRJW=12
13_ConsolidatedCustomFacilitiesHavrincourt=13
14_ConsolidatedCustomFacilitiesVerdun=14
15_ConsolidatedCustomAirfields=15
16_PhalempinAerodromeRJW=16
17a_HistoricalAirfields1.1JJJ65_optional=17
18a_MedalsModPilotLogEditorJJJ65_optional=18
19_XjouveMaxTerrainMesh2.0=19
20a_XjouveTotalWaterLite1.1_optional=20
21a_ImprovedTracersJJJ65_optional=21
22_BetterFPScockpitView20170127PR=22
23_SweetFX1.2BucksnortVonS_SubtleBloom=23
24a_BalloonArchie1915OldHat_loadonlyone=24
25_FMtweaksStockOverhaul6.5VonS=25
28a_CamelEarlyLeRhone110hpVonS_optional=26
35a_PfalzD.III_170hpVonS_optional=27
36a_PfalzE.IIIEarly95hpVonS_optional=28
39a_Spad7_150hpVonS_optional=29
41a_Spad13_200hpVonS_optional=30
44a_MoraneTypeLearly80hpVonS_optional=31
45b_XjouveBandWMap2020_loadonlyone=32
46a_FrankenMiniTuner_optional=33
50a_WinterWindsTurbulenceVonS_optional=34
52a_UserSkinsJerbear_optional=35

Loaded is a full version of the consolidated airfields package by RJW and company (a slightly older version that is compatible with JJJ's airfields mod. that I have listed as no. "17a"). Have also reverted, as indicated in a previous post, to ver. 1.45 of the historical weather mod., and to the older 2.92 clouds/weather package by BB. Weather seems more unified/consistent at least from what I observed so far in the latest mission (maybe best to stay with such a combo. in UE/PE WOFF?) - at any rate it seems more FPS-friendly than weather mod. 2.02 and clouds/weather 3.0 that I had loaded previously - that combo. is perhaps best left for BH&H2 once BB updates it fully.

Mod. no. "22" is a little thing that PR mentioned in one of the obscure threads here, yrs. ago, works good to about ver. 4.18 of WOFF (I think it is a dx9 dll file from Feb. of 2018 and is a bit better on FPS than the DLL from later in that year). The MiniTuner listed as no. "46a" is included in my FrankenBHAH Enhancement Package for those who are flying BH&H2 too (see relevant link under the supplementary file that goes with my WOFF-on-Mac instructions set, bottom of that supplementary file).

The FM mods. package is there too in my hybrid 4.18 install, but I have compressed it somewhat by placing the 30 or so aircraft that overhaul stock FMs in UE/PE WOFF into one folder, no. "25" - and then I load/unload other sub-variants on top of that one - if the survey for upgrading the FM package to BH&H2 standards gives positive results and I commit to upgrading the pack - I will most likely carry over this streamlined structure that I now have going in FrankenWOFF - since it is quicker to load the FM pack that way and modulate between earlier/later sub-types.

I have a hunch that this particular install order has improved my FPS noticeably - also worth considering is that the SweetFX mod., no. "23" - is more FPS-friendly than ReShade, but, still, this is only one factor. Anyway, I hope that this FPS-friendly install order will be of benefit to others too.

For convenience, here also is my mods. list for BH&H2 - giving on ave. between 60 and 80 FPS (usually around 70 FPS but still better than in stock form where I was dropping to the 40s and 50s FPS on my rig. - still fairly smooth at 40-55 FPS, true, but more FPS are always welcome). The airfields mods. loaded in my BH&H2 install are the older, UE-era "standalone" ones (ver. 3.0, full trees populated, by Panama Red, including various other individual ones, some of which are still available on Sandbagger's site) - not talking here about the big consolidated ones - and these smaller packages are FPS-friendly from what I've noticed in BH&H2, offsetting the slightly lower FPS of BH2 when compared to UE/PE. I'm still on ver. 4.07 of BH2 - will get eventually to ver. 1.10. Too many installs, too little time - but I am assuming that FPS are fairly consistent across the patches.

[BH&H2 4.07 MODS Loaded]
0 - Airfields - Models for Airfields v5.0=1
1 - 1914+ All Airfields - Full Trees Populated=2
WOFF UE Boistrancourt Mod by RAF_Louvert=3
WOFF UE Bray Dunes Mod by RAF_Louvert=4
WOFF UE Farnborough Mod by RAF_Louvert=5
WOFF UE Forts Mod by RAF_Louvert=6
WOFF UE Havrincourt Wood Mod by RAF_Louvert=7
WOFF UE St Omer Mod by RAF_Louvert=8
WOFF User Skins by Jerbear=9
FrankenBHAHenhancementPackageVonS=10

And a few pics. below - have left the counter on with the FPS showing. [...]

Happy flying all,
Von S smile2

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached Files 01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg05.jpg06.jpg
Last edited by VonS; 06/02/22 05:18 AM. Reason: Updated post.

#4569328 - 05/21/21 05:24 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Hello fellow WOFFers,

As per instructions I recently posted under the AMD-vid. card help thread here on SimHQ, with info. regarding how to record video (and audio) in the WOFF (CFS3) runtime if you are on AMD-vid. and with slightly older AMD DLLs - please find a brief clip (5 mins. or so) at the link below the pic. The clip has been compressed to less than 200 MB in size, thus the slight degradation in quality. FPS are no higher than 48 since I set up such a limit in MSI Afterburner, when recording - so that I know when recording is taking place from within WOFF. (Apologies for the background music - was listening to Classical Radio Venice via the internet while flying, but VoiceMeeter records it all nicely, including all WOFF sounds.)

Happy flying,
Von S smile2

[Linked Image]

Video Removed

Attached Files FrankenWOFFvid_AMD.jpg
Last edited by VonS; 12/16/21 09:03 PM. Reason: Removed video from DropBox.

#4569393 - 05/21/21 02:34 PM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
olddog Offline
olddog  Offline

england
Thanks for sharing I did enjoy it a lot, but ho you are cruel he was on fire and you kept on shooting knights of the air. Hope we never meet over Flanders Fields.

#4569429 - 05/21/21 06:55 PM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Glad you enjoyed the short video Olddog - it was largely a test to see how recording in WOFF works on AMD-vid. cards. And agreed, that those Eindecker pilots are most unchivalrous at times. Perhaps I'll do a short video in BH&H2 as well, to see if all is well with recording on the AMD-vid. cards. Will post a few more, hopefully exciting pics. from some continued adventures in FrankenWOFF 4.18 soon. [...]

Cheers all,
Von S

Last edited by VonS; 06/02/22 05:19 AM. Reason: Edited post.

#4569470 - 05/22/21 04:08 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

[Flew some random missions recently.] Turbulence is manageable around Rumbeke in the fall months, although there are occasional updrafts and bumps lower down, especially when ascending and alighting. This may also be the result of large pockets of evaporation rising from the many rivers and lakes introduced by Xjouve's excellent water mod. smile2 smile2

Might take a bit of a break from posting under this thread, for a while, until I get deeper into some of the campaigns - and will perhaps try recording a few more short vids. too.

Cheers all and happy multi-WOFFing,
Von S

Ascending over the delicious rivulets and lakes around Rumbeke
[Linked Image]

A mad tussle with a couple of DH.2s (the fellows dance well but are underpowered)
[Linked Image]

The brave DH.2 airman stares directly at the autumnal scenery that is rapidly approaching
[Linked Image]

Going in low to inspect the wreckage before exiting the dreary scene
[Linked Image]

Rotating around the Lys and the enemy batteries there (scene shows one of the flight mates in the foreground)
[Linked Image]

In a moment careless and crossed head-on with an expert marksman in a DH.2 (the DH.2 however caught fire in the meantime, possibly damaged by the rest of the Kette)
[Linked Image]

One of the flight mates coming in for a landing at Rumbeke, while our pilot awaits medical aid for his wound (was hit in the goggles in the pass with one of the DH.2s)
[Linked Image]

Other perspective of the same scene, with the flight mate in the background (also visible is the C.O., who suggested to the Hauptmann that he plug his wound with a few cigarette butts while waiting for more professional aid, and not to move from the cockpit unless instructed otherwise)
[Linked Image]

Attached Files 01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg05.jpg06.jpg07.jpg08.jpg
Last edited by VonS; 06/02/22 05:24 AM. Reason: Updated post.

#4569594 - 05/23/21 03:20 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
xNightFlyerx Offline
xNightFlyerx  Offline

FL
Nice! Great pics! Glad to see you posting more adventures. =)

#4569634 - 05/23/21 01:36 PM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Good stuff VonS cheers

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4570542 - 05/31/21 06:13 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

@NightFlyer and Adger, thanks for the kind words gents'. Here's one more sample vid. (about 7 mins. in length). Again, recording was in MSI Afterburner, then compressed via VLC Player. This time, the recording was in BH&H2, patch 1.12. For those who are interested in recording WOFF vid. on AMD-vid. cards, I recommend checking over the link contained a few posts above this one - where there is a sample vid. from (Franken)WOFF 4.18. Link to the BH&H2 vid. follows under the pic. below. Background music was again pulled in from Venice Classical Radio while I was flying (via VoiceMeeter).

Happy flying all,
Von S smile2

[Linked Image]

Video Removed

Attached Files BHAHsamplevid.jpg
Last edited by VonS; 12/16/21 09:04 PM. Reason: Removed video from DropBox.

#4571104 - 06/06/21 03:03 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Was experimenting a bit recently with the stock Video Editor available in Win10, and also further with WOFF-vid. recording via MSI Afterburner, so have stitched together a few brief clips after the latest [...] escapade. (Sorry no sound in the clip since I was listening to WOFF instead of recording audio this time - to listen to sound while also recording, keep VoiceMeeter running in the background.) Link to this particular vid. follows below the pic.

Also, and as per my long instructions for audio/video recording in WOFF on AMD-vid. cards, under the relevant thread, best is to choose "desktop" for the capture mode, instead of mixed - since mixed sometimes doesn't start up properly, or gives slightly washed out colors, as in the earlier vid. clip in this thread, above, from FrankenWOFF 4.18 - the other clip from BH&H2 retained the original colors in my install a bit better. This latest, stitched clip strings together clips done in "desktop" mode via Afterburner - colors are much more effectively preserved this time around.

Final point in this particular post - keep in mind that clips recorded via Afterburner, in BH&H2, are about twice as large as clips from WOFF UE, for example (perhaps has something to do with the revised runtime environment in BH2). Something to be aware of if recording while flying, especially if tight for storage space on your computer.

Happy WOFFing all (also vid. recording and stitching),
Von S smile2

[Linked Image]

Video Removed

Attached Files WOFF418Various.jpg
Last edited by VonS; 06/02/22 05:25 AM. Reason: Edited post.

#4572118 - 06/18/21 06:10 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

A quick update to this thread - those who are still flying the UE/PE variants of WOFF might be interested in looking over the different simulation.xml packages (JSGME-friendly) available for download under the following link (https://combatace.com/forums/topic/...woffuepebh2/?tab=comments#comment-785874). The different xml files available there complement relevant settings in JJJ's excellent MultiMod for WOFF, as per this post (https://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4566301/re-air-turbulence-maybe-too-much#Post4566301). More details and info. are included in the download post, as well as in the "Read Me" included with the package. The files are recommended only for WOFF UE/PE but do work in BH&H2 too.

Cheers all and happy WOFFing,
Von S smile2

[Linked Image]

Attached Files 02.jpg
Last edited by VonS; 06/18/21 06:10 AM. Reason: Embedded pic.

#4581052 - 09/25/21 04:49 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Had a wee bit of free time recently to do some late '17 campaigning so I thought I would post a few of the action screenies - nice autumnal colors make for soothing landings. And thank you BB for the classic ver. 2.9.2 full clouds pack - works beautifully with JJJ's MultiMod and Mission Ed. in FrankenWOFF 4.18. Also thank you Jerbear/Mandrews for ver. 4.0 of the skins packs - they load just fine in 4.18 too (as well as in my BH2 install). The Bristol managed to level out a few times even with half a wing missing (a cookie for the AI please). Winds and AI tweaks in use may be found at the link available in the post above this one (best for UE/PE WOFF, not recommended for BH&H2 - for BH2 see the "FrankenBHAH" enhancement package instead). One of these days I'll have to cut down on the number of pilots I'm occasionally flying and perhaps focus on only one or two ... or three. smile

Cheers all and happy WOFFing and/or BHAHing,
Von S

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached Files pic1.jpgpic2.jpgpic3.jpgpic4.jpgpic5.jpgpic6.jpg
Last edited by VonS; 09/25/21 04:53 AM. Reason: Embedded pics.

#4581092 - 09/25/21 05:20 PM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Great info and shots has always VonS cheers

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4581466 - 09/30/21 06:35 AM Re: VonS "Casual Campaigns" WOFF Thread [Re: VonS]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Much appreciated Adger. WOFF is always photogenic. Currently tinkering with some other pilot careers and have decided to shut down my late '17 Alby campaign since I have a late '16 Alby campaign open anyway (representative pics. of that one are available on the previous page of this thread). In keeping with the spirit of '16, I decided to try out one of my favorite mounts (the Tripehound) - with RNAS1, beginning in Dec. of 1916 (this would be the earlier variant of the Tripehound so I've removed my FM tweak for it temporarily to fly stock for a couple of months until transitioning to the later Tripehound) - providing that the pilot survives that long. Representative pics. below of a morning, balloon busting flight.

Pilots "flown" previously in WOFF PE 5.03 (for Bosta2, RFC1, and Esc. N49) are currently being stored, by the way, in backup files until I upgrade my FM pack for WOFF UE/PE to BH&H2 - other campaigns are being flown in my little backport project of PE-era aircraft and terrains in a WOFF 4.18 install (or as I like to call it the "deadly trees and fences" version - since progressive aircraft damage for aircraft, from trees and fences, was added somewhere around ver. 4.21 I think - ver. 4.18 is also the last one that is fully SweetFX-compatible). Those interested in tinkering with custom shaders in BH&H2 are recommended instead to check over some of the available ReShade preset files, such as found under this link.

Cheers all and happy flying,
Von S smile2

Returning after a successful balloon attack north-east of Diksmuide

[Linked Image]

View below tail of flood areas around Niewpoort (also visible are two flight mates further back)

[Linked Image]

BB's ver. 2.9.2 clouds behaving very nicely in FrankenWOFF 4.18

[Linked Image]

Preparing to alight in some fine, early morning sun

[Linked Image]

The first couple of days of Dec. had us grounded with bad weather (some of the flooding around our hangars was still present on the 3rd and 4th of the month; "lite" tweak of Xjouve's water mod, ver. 1.1 installed)

[Linked Image]

These fellows flew by us, notoriously low, after we had landed and were unable to restart our engines to join them (no prop. hands were to be found in the vicinity; ver. 4.18 of WOFF does not allow for engine restarts once the prop. stops after you have landed - tip: keep spinning the prop. in order to restart engine)

[Linked Image]

Attached Files Brambles1.jpgBrambles2.jpgBrambles3.jpgBrambles4.jpgBrambles5.jpgBrambles6.jpg
Last edited by VonS; 06/02/22 05:38 AM. Reason: Updated post.

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM