Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 299 of 366 1 2 297 298 299 300 301 365 366
#4569245 - 05/20/21 04:16 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) ***** [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

They shot down Albert's Pilot.

Attached Files 600px-AcesHighLewis_(5)  they got him.jpgwings_03salute.jpgb2a360168dc2d350484bedf1a3132efc STEAM Salute.jpg
Last edited by carrick58; 05/20/21 04:37 PM.
#4569252 - 05/20/21 04:32 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
C.M.D!

Camels maketh dead

or alternatively

Call my doctor

"A great deal of an aeroplane could be holed without affecting its ability to fly. Wings and fuselage could be—and often were—pierced in 50 places, missing the occupants by inches (blissfully unaware of how close it had come until they returned to base). Then the sailmaker would carefully cover each hole with a square inch of Irish linen frayed at the edges and with a brushful of dope make our aircraft 'serviceable' again within an hour."
#4569292 - 05/20/21 08:56 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
2nd Lieutenant Edward Wilson
48 Squadron
Bertangles East airfield

20th May 1918 - 8am

The staff car pulled up outside a dusty old outbuilding with a sign on it. Edward stepped out and looked at the sign, 48 Squadron HQ. C.O. Major Keith Park.

Edward had been travelling since 6.30am and had travelled most of yesterday. He hated sea crossings and the channel had been a rough ride. He'd secretly hoped someone would ask him to fly something over but no such luck.

He carried his case over to the HQ building and entered. There was a desk and chair with a typewriter and a telephone on the desk and a small stove in the corner. Then there was another door with a small name plaque on it. 'Major K, Park MC'.

Just then the Adjutant came out of Major Park's office. He looked at Edward. "Can I help you Lieutenant?" said Lieutenant Reid.

"I've been assigned here sir, I've orders to report to Major Park." said Edward. He passed Lieutenant Reid his papers.

"Ah yes, 2nd Lieutenant Wilson. Wait here please and I'll inform the Major you're here". replied Reid.

Reid knocked and entered the Major's office again.

Edward stood and waited. He'd heard much about Keith Park, a tough cookie definitely, but a first rate CO and pilot.

The office door opened and the Adjutant appeared, "The Major will see you now Lieutenant" said Reid.

Edward walked in and saluted. There was a sizeable desk in front of him, an empty chair and several pictures and photographs. One immediately caught his eye it was clearly a group of ANZAC soldiers having their picture taken.

'Ah yes, Keith Park had fought at Gallipoli' thought Edward to himself, remembering another titbit he'd heard when he left blighty.

Major Park was sat at his desk and was perusing Edward's papers.

"Lieutenant Wilson, at ease" said Park.

"So you've been a test pilot with the Bristol company for several years now" said Park

"Yes sir" replied Edward.

"An important job, interesting, tell me, why did you apply for active service?" asked Park, dryly.

"To do my bit sir" replied Edward.

"Hmm, you were testing new aircraft. Is that not doing your bit Lieutenant?" replied Park coldly.

Edward was feeling rather uncomfortable.

"I wanted to fight sir" Edward replied weakly.

"Hmm, you like fighting then Lieutenant? Are you a violent man Wilson?" said the Major.

Edward was now feeling very anxious but also rather angry, 'i'd heard the Major was a toughie but what's all this about' thought Edward. He didn't mind some questions but he was damned if he was going to be pulled apart like this.

He kept his voice calm, "I'm here to follow orders, sir", he slightly emphasised the 'sir' but not too much.

Major Park smirked.

"Relax Lieutenant, take a seat" said Park.

"You wouldn't believe the amount of men I've had here who want to 'kill Germans' or 'slaughter our enemies'" continued Park.

"Determination and aggression are fine, but anger leads to mistakes and mistakes cost lives in this job" said Park.

"........and if a man can lose it whilst being teased by his C.O. What is he going to do under REAL pressure" said Park.

"You were teasing" said Edward.

"Yes, and you kept your calm well. Consider that first test passed" smiled the Major.

Edward breathed deeply, "thank you sir".

"Right, now, to business. Go and get yourself sorted in your billet and grab something to eat. Get your assigned aircraft number off the Adjutant, by all means check it out. Report back here in an hour please" said the Major.

"Yes sir" said Edward who saluted.

"Oh and Lieutenant, I don't want to see you humping your bags around. Get one of the Corporals to do it for you. That's why they're here. They won't fly your aircraft for you" said Park.

"Thank you sir" said Edward who then left.

An hour later Edward had donned his flying gear and returned to Park's office. Another Lieutenant was in there with the Major.

"Right 2nd Lieutenant, I'd like you to meet Lieutenant Hector Norton. Lieutenant Norton is your assigned gunner". said Park.

The two Lieutenants exchanged greetings.

"I want you to take your kite up and do a few laps of the area around the airfield. Test the wires and struts, all the usual stuff. Do not venture too far though. Then straight back here, understood?" said the Major.

"Understood sir" said Edward and Hector.

"We have a patrol scheduled for this afternoon and all being well you will accompany us on that" finished Park.

20 minutes later Edward was in the air in his Brisfit. He climbed up to 4000 feet and had a good look at the surrounding area. The river Somme was to the south and Bertangles West was below.

The weather was excellent and he felt at home in the machine right away. He pushed the nose down and raced along. He pulled all manner of turns and loops.

Finally he came into land.

Edward jumped out of his aircraft and waited for Hector.

"You've done this before haven't you?" asked Hector

"Once or twice" smirked Edward.

In the afternoon, the whole squadron was in the briefing room. Major Park confirmed they would be heading down to Amiens and the many railyards to protect them from attack.

Just as he finished he turned and spoke to Edward.

"Lieutenant, you are coming with us. I want you to take note of the area and any landmarks. However, should we meet ANY opposition you are to turn and return here right away. That's not an option Lieutenant it's an order" said Park.

"I understand sir" replied Edward.

The squadron took off in bright sunlight, Edward had never seen so many Brisfits together.

They formed up and headed out towards Amiens. Edward was extremely watchful and made sure Hector was ok too.

The patrol went without incident and Edward was able to complete it with the others.

Later on Edward spoke with Major Park again.

"Good show Lieutenant. I never really doubted you could fly, but from here on in you are expected to fight. To 'do your bit'" said Park with a grin.

"I fully intend to sir" said Edward.

Edward spent the evening getting to know his squadron mates.

Attached Files A1.jpgA2.jpgA3.jpgA4.jpgA5.jpgB1.jpgB2.jpgB3.jpgB4.jpg

"A great deal of an aeroplane could be holed without affecting its ability to fly. Wings and fuselage could be—and often were—pierced in 50 places, missing the occupants by inches (blissfully unaware of how close it had come until they returned to base). Then the sailmaker would carefully cover each hole with a square inch of Irish linen frayed at the edges and with a brushful of dope make our aircraft 'serviceable' again within an hour."
#4569297 - 05/20/21 10:02 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
NotRelevant Offline
NotRelevant  Offline

Nothing today due to mild relationship breakdowns. Will catch up on all the happenings and Dean's own shenanigans tomorrow!

"Those who survive a long time on the battlefield start to think they're invincible.
I bet you do, too, Buddy."
#4569310 - 05/21/21 12:03 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Raine, I think it’s just a misunderstanding. I’m sure she meant you and her, when she telegraphed “we”.

NR, I’m sure Dean will get over it. Men could get over worse things, but it could stay with him for a while and shake his confidence until men under his command “behave”.
Thanks NR, the battle was a big jumble of airplanes until Pyotr put some distance between them and himself, then it was just a big jumble of Dreideckers and his SPAD. Interesting how everything else disappears during combat, that is until you notice more enemies coming at you. As to the bomber, Pyotr was lucky. The two-seater must have been pre-shot to make it such an easy kill.
Now, Cunningham did not have a lot of luck with easy kills on his outing this morning. In fact it wasn’t what he expected at all. Interesting trick with that dead engine coming back to life and just in time to boot. Rather unfortunate not to be able to sniff out that Albatros in the clouds. He probably has done that before to be able to pull it off so expertly. And now the best part of the entire mission. Lehman will not irritate anyone anymore. Too bad about losing a reliable witness source though.

Epower, so pleasing SWMBO. Good plan if you want another happy 30 years of cohabitation. Congrats and well done to your significant other to be able to put up with you for so long. They do have a patience of an Angel, don’t they?
I see Oliver’s arrived in style in that lovely automobile. Too bad Freddy didn’t have a troupe of mechanics to get his vehicle going for him. At least he didn’t have to pull the chocks away.
A wonderful time for Oliver to catch up with his friend, discuss food, drink, women and … palaeontology. A lovely segment Epower. Makes one forget there is war going on.

Albert, already back on horse, huh?
Welcome to another Brit. Oops, I mean Scot. Yes, Scot. That’s better. And what better machine to fly than a Brisfit? You get a fighter with a rear gunner and a significant bomb-carrying capacity to make a difference.
Sheesh, what’s this third degree from the C.O. You’d think he’d be glad to get a pilot to follow his orders. And it looks like Edward will be good at following those.

Lou, it only looks like Pyotr is turn fighting. In fact, he is running away in circles. It works most of the time.
So, Freddy is an instructor now. God help us all. I think it’s a line from some movie.

NR, I hope it’s not another one of those COVID divorces. Fingers crossed!

20 May, 1918 08:45 morning mission
Hétomesnil, Marne Sector
Esc SPA 67, GC 12
Sergent Pyotr Fyodor Smirnov MM
SPAD VII
7 confirmed kills

This morning they were sent to patrol over factories at Compiegne. A mix of Dreideckers and new machines attacked them near the patrol area. To Pyotr the new plane looked more like a SPAD. Did the Germans steal another one of the French designs? It probably was that chap Fokker. He seems to like to copy designs.
After a prolonged fight involving another SPAD and then another one, Pyotr was confident he put the last bullet in one of those garishly painted machines. It was back to base after that.

YouTube Link

20 May, 1918 15:25 afternoon mission
Hétomesnil, Marne Sector
Esc SPA 67, GC 12
Sergent Pyotr Fyodor Smirnov MM
SPAD VII
7 confirmed kills
Awaiting one claim confirmation

In the afternoon Pyotr was sent to patrol over yet another factory, this time at Beauvais. The flight was uneventful. On their way back they’ve noticed large black columns of smoke where their aerodrome was situated. During their absence a dastardly Hun raid obliterated half of the hangars. Many mechanics were killed or injured. To add to that, his claim from this morning for that new type of aeroplane has been denied. To appease his fury le Capitaine promoted Smirnov to the rank of Adjutant. With the promotion came a new mount - SPAD XIII, with two Vickers. The animals were safe for now.

[Linked Image]

Attached Files 1918-05-20 PM.jpg

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
#4569343 - 05/21/21 09:12 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
trustworthykebab Offline
trustworthykebab  Offline

18th May 1918
Feldwebel Albrecht Bernhard Schutzmeier
JG III, Jasta 27
Halluin/Rekkem, Flanders.
Operation Blucher und Yorck
6 confirmed kills, 2 pending.

As I already said, Herr Goering didn't give me a pass, and I had to fly today too. Luckily though he gave up and assigned me to only one flight, and I managed to shoot down some enemies. I didn't have time to fully repaint my crate, so I only added the crown and the quote.

1st Flight
Goering briefed us on a patrol of our own lines. Everything seemed silent enough, when as we flew above Poperinghe we spotted some Kamels flying low. We decided to engage. They surely seemed more of a challenge than our friends from RFC-40. These ones had rather colorful paint schemes too, unlike other English squadrons. They were probably RNAS-4, with white and reddish lines on the cowling. Some had red, others blue, but I must admit they don't look bad. I spotted one flying on his own on the side of the furball, and I attacked. Didn't take much and I shot him down. Later I found out Rudolf fighting with another one of them, and I decided to go help him. We shared the kill and we regrouped to fly back.

19th May 1918
JG III, Jasta 27
7 confirmed kills.

The first kill I had claimed yesterday has been confirmed, but the shared one with Rudi did not, unfortunately.

1st Flight
We were to intercept some incoming enemy aircraft, but as usual them balloon guys are rather slow, hence we didn't catch up in time.

2nd Flight
We were, once again, up to a patrol over No Man's land; as we were turned when about to transit back to the airfield, we saw 3 Scouts flying on our 5; after some seconds, we decided to turn and merge. Golly were they good! Probably one of my best fights so far. Unfortunately for me I was on the loosing side this time. As I was about to engage one another one hit my leg with a sharp shoot, and a ricochet hit my glasses cracking them. I immediately disengaged and went for the St. Marguerite airfield, not far from Halluin. I later found out 2 of our guys had crash landed, without being hurt, and we had lost one Kamerade in the fight. Them Englishmen truly made up for our kills lately!

20th/21st(22nd and 23rd too, for the record. Not including them as I'm gonna keep up normally with the campaign) May 1918
JG III, Jasta 27
7 confirmed kills.

We were told we were going to work on some logistics, as we were close to transfering back to the Marne. Some offered me to make some free flight just for the sake of it, but with my hurting leg I preferred to get over a little town by train with Rudolf and go meet some of the ladies. I have to say, French gals truly are a sight!

The next day I read on the journal that a new Fokker machine was about to enter service. I read amazing things about it, that it could keep on flying with its nose pointed upwards to shoot enemy planes from below! If we'll ever end up getting those, things are gonna get tough for them Flying Corps! Although, I read the known intel on the enemy squadrons in the Marne, and there's nothing much interesting. About a couple of fighter squadrons then only French bombers and reccies...Well I'll have time to practice my aim at least.

Attached Files Shot05-19-21-16-14-08.jpgShot05-19-21-16-15-11.jpgShot05-19-21-16-17-19.jpgShot05-19-21-16-56-29.jpgShot05-19-21-17-01-52.jpg
#4569421 - 05/21/21 05:11 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
Fullofit - A busy old day for Pyotr, a straightener with some Dreideckers and clearly, straight off the production line, Fokker DVII's! Pyotr was very patient there, keeping his six clear whilst waiting for an opportunity. Then when it came he had to be more patient as his single vickers couldn't get a telling blow on the Fokker. So that's his nickname now Patient Pyotr. Then comes the payback when the Huns level his airfield and his claim is denied. The CO was probably like 'what's this he's claiming?'. Then more news, promotion and a new twin gun SPAD.....now he can do some real damage. As for Edward, the CO was just testing him out, making sure he's not just some glory hunter.

TWK - So Shutzmeier grabbed a Camel, good stuff and helped his kamerad with another. Bad luck with the wound but it sounds like it could have been far worse. Now a move to the Marne, that area is about to get very busy methinks. I hope Shutzmeier got one of the french girl's addresses.

#4569422 - 05/21/21 05:13 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
NotRelevant Offline
NotRelevant  Offline

Epower - Ah, well congratulations on the 30 years!
Great writing as per usual, along with some great photos. Gotta love that car in particular.

Tross - Really was perfect timing for that engine. Otherwise it would've been either lots and lots of evasive diving along with an even more forced landing! Losses were inevitable at that point, given the odds. Not surprising Lehman was one, though at such a time it would be preferable for even someone like him to live on.
A new man already I see, hah. Wilson and his gunner Norton in a Bristol Fighter! Not a bad plane, look forward to reading about more of their adventures

RAF - Besides Dean and Hayden, not many! Might be closer to 5 or 6 at this point! The bad luck of having so many engine failures and being caught out at the worst possible times certainly seems to contribute! Those massed Jastas are certainly a menacing sight to see.
So Abbott is an instructor for now then, huh. Wonder how that's going to turn out for him!

Fullofit - The sooner that is, the better for everyone I reckon!
It sure does seem like that! Then again, I reckon during combat it's probably best to notice and focus more on the enemy (though not an ever increasing enemy...!), hard to keep track of things in the chaos of it all. Reminds me of that one Cecil Lewis interview where he mentioned combat. "Within half a minute the whole formation's gone to hell, and there's nothing left except for chaps wheeling and zooming and diving, or even four in a row: A german going down ,one of our chaps on his tail, another german on his tail, another hun behind that". Wouldn't want to be in such a situation though! The two seater definetely may have been shot up, given how resilient they usually are!
Well, like it goes: Good with the bad. The engine restarting is a luck that Dean has had a few times during his flying career. Always a good thing every time. As for the Alb, he definetely wanted to live, that's for sure! But given the lack of Albs crossing the lines, there's only one possiblity as to where he could've went! biggrin Lehman, well. Besides losing such a confirmation source, there'll also be one less man, as bad as he was! If only he picked himself a better time to die!
No, nothing like that thankfully, though I'd be concerned if it was a divorce given I'm not married, hah! Just minor friendship disagreements and slightly spurned feelings, all the fun stuff!

Well well, Pyotr had a run in with a fancy new Fokker. Seems like it was quite a fight for him, but in the end it worked out! Almost anyway, with the unfortunate rejection but that I'm sure was well made up for with an earned promotion! Reckon everyone will be working overtime trying to deal with a bombed up aerodrome now. Most unfortunate when those bombers actually manage to sneak in and do serious damage. Congrats on the new crate too!

Kebab - The slight colour that one can find on British planes is always pretty nice, even when it isn't nearly as extravagant as what the Germans get! Good job on the kill there! The one that was confirmed anyway, the second one, well. Happens sometimes! The losing fights do tend to make for quite an experience given how tense they tend to be! At least Schutz is alive, injured as he was, and now he's getting to get close to some French girls so that's definetely a plus!

2/LT Dean Andrews Cunningham
№64 Squadron RAF
Izles-Les-Hameux, Flanders
20th May, 1918.

10 confirmed

Today has proven itself to be a significantly better day than the last, in terms of good things happening anyway. In regards to action, some more downtime for us. Hayden once more roused me early today and decided to volunteer me to lead another Flight. I agreed with some reluctance, not really wanting to have another bout with suicidal flight-mates, though thankfully it turned out unlike the last time. The mission did not involve going on any behind the lines attacks and instead simply saw us doing some more escort for the local bombing squadrons. Hayden reasoned that I was the one with most kills here and plenty flight time, so if it came to another fight then I'd be the best option for leading the flight to deal with it, given the severe lack of men and machines we have as of now.

That praise and reasoning was of course logical and even reassuring in a way, though I also couldn't shake the feeling that he was just trying to convince me to not argue and just shut up and get it over with. In the end, I doubt I had much of a choice regardless so I went ahead with it. During briefing I made sure to warn everyone to keep an eye out not only for the Hun but also for one another, though this proved uneccessary. We took off and met with our less capable friends, who we then guided over the lines and towards the Hun trenches. Four other machines following me in this flight, each one of them inexperienced airmen to some degree. To my relief and perhaps their, we met no Huns and instead got to our target unmolested. There, braving a storm of flak and machinegun fire the bombers dropped their parting gifts to the German troops on the ground and we soon departed without issue, guiding them back and then separating and landing without any deaths or injuries. Way more lucky than the last time I tried to lead a flight, I'll say that much. Hayden too seemed quite relieved..

In the afternoon, Hayden pulled me and another man aside and said that we three are going over the lines to handle a balloon. Nothing that I couldn't handle, he mused, with which I certainly couldn't disagree with. The mission luckily went smoothly, and my balloon hunting skills once more came to good use. The Gasbag was spotted and after a very fast flyby and a good burst, went up in flames, exploding behind us, dozens of angry Huns trying to fire into us with small arms while we ran for home. Unfortunately, today was not their day and none of their bullets hit or done anything significant. When we landed, Hayden was all too happy to confirm my 9th in the form of that balloon, and said that I may as well make balloon busting a trade of mine. I laughed him off and went to the mess, hoping to relax for a while.

A couple hours later I was surprised to be called into his office AGAIN, wondering what it could possibly be this time. Getting there, he opted to act mysterious, asking me why do /I/ think he called me there. While I did not mind this, I was more interested in getting to the point, as it was getting rather late and I was most exhausted, so I simply portrayed my genuine ignorance and said I've got no clue. Hayden told me to lighten up and stepped aside to reveal what seemed a cracked piece of wood on his desk. On closer inspection, that piece of wood was painted all black and had a massive German cross on it... 'That', Hayden explained, was the tailfin of the Albatross I fought yesterday and unfortunately lost. It turns out I was quite right in assuming that he couldn't have gotten away, though when he vanished in the clouds it was me looking the wrong way and scouring the German frontline while the Hun was making his way home... behind our lines. By the time he realised that he was not in fact finding any familiar landmarks nor airfields, his craft has practically given out and the Boche made a rather messy landing in our territory where he was captured, along with the remains of his craft, of which the tailfin found its way here after word came that we were looking for confirmation.

Greatly amused by this, Hayden rewarded me with my 10th confirmed, marking me a double ace and invited me to drink with him for a while to celebrate. Following a lengthy chat in regards to the affairs at the front, the war in the sky, and life in general over a glass of whiskey I finally left Hayden's office, carrying the damned tailfin. "Consider it a trophy, proof of your 10th," He told me, probably just not wanting to have that thing lying around in his office. Suppose I'll keep it around in my tent, a little decor would surely not hurt afterall...?

Attached Files Shot05-20-21-22-31-37.jpgShot05-20-21-22-33-04.jpgShot05-20-21-22-45-08.jpgShot05-20-21-22-45-30.jpg

"Those who survive a long time on the battlefield start to think they're invincible.
#4569424 - 05/21/21 05:53 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

NR, Dean was lucky to get that Hannover without becoming a dirt dart himself! And what a gift that line Hun was. Up to 10 now. Stay safe.

Fullofit, awaiting the armistice might be a good strategy to live through this hell. Piotr is making a name for himself.

AT. I could not believe Jacob went west! Great ending to his story. Good luck to Wilson.

Raine, can’t help you with the nurses I’m afraid. Glad to see MacAlister is on the mend.

Epower, Freddy and Oliver loose in England? What could go wrong. And Clarissa still weighing heavy on his mind. Congratulations on 30 years. Not to “one up” but we had number 44 last week. They call that a long dammed time.

TWK, let’s hope those new Fokker’s arrive soon. We need all the help we can get.

Lou, thanks again for the curse......I mean the gongs. It really adds to the immersion.

I hope I didn’t miss anyone. I’ve read them all but the grey matter does not retain like it used too! Even with notes.

Last edited by MFair; 05/21/21 08:02 PM.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
#4569427 - 05/21/21 06:41 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
Epower - Congratulations on the 30th.

NR - So Cunningham is upto 10 now, well done. That 10th came about the hard way but it got there in the end. Which is more than I can say about that German Albatros, flying the wrong way. That's not the way to win a war. Cunningham's getting used to leading the flight now, Hayden clearly trusts him.

#4569438 - 05/21/21 07:41 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
48 Squadron
Bertangles East airfield

21st May 1918

Morning sortie

Major Park took the briefing and confirmed both A and B flights would be heading down to the lines east of Amiens. There were several units based there and the Huns were showing a bit too much interest.

The weather was still good but more cloudy than previous days.

Edward spoke with Hector, "If we do meet any enemy aircraft make sure your shouts are clear and concise" said Edward. "I will do, and likewise" said Hector as he climbed into the Brisfit. Edward climbed up also and started the engine.

A few minutes later 48 Squadron was in the air and forming up. They climbed high, upto 14000 feet before heading out south east towards the lines.

Edward kept a keen eye as they progressed south east. They reached the patrol area and turned south along the lines.

There were some monstrous clouds and B flight flew through one such cloud.

Just as they emerged Hector looked up and gave a loud shout to Edward...."Hun scouts! Diving down now! Break right!" shouted Hector. Edward looked up and broke right. He'd seen a formation of Albatros aircraft diving down at him.

Edward pulled a tight turn and heard Hector firing his Lewis guns. He looked for an opportunity and found one as the rest of B flight joined the fight. An Albatros dove down in front of Edward who fired into the enemy aircraft.

The Albatros rolled and dived down but Edward smiled as he knew the Brisfit could dive like the wind.

He followed him down and shouted to Hector "keep our six clear!".

The Albatros zoomed down but had to level out and Edward swooped onto his tail and put a long burst into him. The Albatros slowed right down but instead of slowing Edward pulled under the Albatros and shouted at Hector. "Get ready we're going underneath him!".

Hector saw the Albatros above him now and poured both Lewis guns into him.

It stalled and fell down. Edward turned tightly and fired into the descending enemy. The Albatros nosed down and smashed into the ground.

Edward levelled the Brisfit out and looked around. He couldn't see any other Bristol Fighters but just then Hector shouted "Another Hun, 4 o'clock!".

Edward turned right and saw another Albatros a little higher than him and making for the lines.

The Brisfit caught up with the Albatros quickly and Edward fired into him causing the Albatros to swing left.

Edward fired again and the Albatros pulled up. Hector saw a chance and fired into the enemy aircraft. The Albatros rolled and crashed down into the ground.

Edward took stock and saw nothing else and Hector shouted that he saw nothing else either.

Edward decided to head home which they reached without further incident.

As they landed they saw more Brisfits coming in.

Edward and Hector climbed down. "You can sure as hell fly Edward" said Hector, "You're pretty good too Hector, you did excellently back there" said Edward.

They made their way in to clean up and submit their claims.

Four Albatros scouts had been downed and although several Brisfits were damaged none were lost.

Afternoon sortie

Major Park again took charge of B flight who were tasked with patrolling along the Somme river upto the lines.

The weather had closed in and rain was splattering Edward's windshield as they took off.

They formed up and headed out without incident and the patrol went the same way.

On landing Edward was ordered to report to Major Park in his office.

"Good show Wilson, you did very well there today. I'm impressed" said Park.

"Thank you sir, it was quite a ride but all went well" said Edward.

"Well we'll have to wait for confirmation of your claims Lieutenant" explained Park.

"I understand sir" said Edward who saluted and left.

Later on he was enjoying a drink with Hector and some of the other pilots.

"Where are you from Hector" asked Edward.

"Stratford-upon-Avon" said Hector

"We worked well there today I thought" said Hector

"We did indeed. Clear concise shouts and good shooting. This could be the start of something good" said Edward smiling.

"I hope so" said Hector downing a scotch.

Attached Files A1-1.jpgA2-1.jpgA3-1.jpgA4-1.jpgA5-1.jpgA6-1.jpgA7.jpgA8.jpgA9.jpgB1-1.jpgB2-1.jpg

#4569459 - 05/21/21 10:32 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

Henri N. du Fay
Spa 94,Sgt
Hétomesnil, Marne Sector

May 21, 1918.

Line Patrol; Chased and attacked 2 DFW Types Escorted by three Tri planes. I couldnt get close to the Bombers so spieled down on a Tri plane. Zee Bosche Slick as they come every time I lined up he slipped away. Fired over 159 rds no hits then Cannon fire exploded close by so I waved good by and RTB. Our two flights of 4 Spads claimed 3 e/a shot down ? I saw smoke in the far distance as I was swinging about Ours or Theirs ?

Attached Files CFS3 2021-05-21 15-00-59-85.jpgCFS3 2021-05-21 15-12-12-81.jpgCFS3 2021-05-21 15-12-45-35.jpg
Last edited by carrick58; 05/21/21 10:35 PM.
#4569461 - 05/21/21 11:13 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
NotRelevant Offline
NotRelevant  Offline

Tross - Slow but steady in regards to getting kills, I guess! Well, certainly easy to criticise the German flier but for what its worth, he just got shot up to hell, before which he also lost his formation and then wound up in a cloud with a half broken plane. Hard to navigate in those conditions, hah! As for Hayden trusting Cunningham, guess Dean is just proving himself trustworthy enough.
Well well, first encounter with the enemy for iconic duo! Two down on the first combat flight out! Here's hoping they get confirmed. Good communication mid-combat is certainly the key to winning and staying alive for them two.

Carrick - Those triplanes really are slippery, the kinda moves they pull can be scary sometimes!

MFair - Indeed, staying alive would be a priority now. Especially when faced with such odds constantly!

2/LT Dean Andrews Cunningham
№64 Squadron RAF
Izles-Les-Hameux, Flanders
21st May, 1918.

11 confirmed

The day begun with alarms and demands for an intercept to be mounted, as observers at the front sighted a flight of Huns headed toward targets behind our lines. We complied and mounted an intercept, led by Hayden himself. The weather this morning was unfortunately most dreadful and the rain along with clouds provided mild interference. Of course we just put up with it as we do and kept going, climbing for height and then going on our way, six aircraft as it was. Eventually we reached the intercept point, but there we found nothing but gray clouds. Thus, we decided to keep on patrolling further hopefully finding our target and engaging.

This did not turn out to be the case, as instead we bumped into a Jasta of Huns, directly below us. The Huns which revealed themselves to be triplanes found us and started climbing to engage. Hayden upon seeing this gave the order to retreat, knowing that we were in no position to face the force of a full Jasta and should avoid it if we could help it. Thus we ran, pushing our throttles to the max and heading for home. Fortunately, be it for weather or other circumstances the Boches opted to not follow us back and we came home without any trouble, not having to engage over our home field like last time. After landing Hayden told me to come see him in his office in an hour, clearly plotting something again.

Arriving I was informed that he wants me to lead, again, this time another attack on an airfield. This brought most unpleasant memories, given the last ground attack I've lead, but I again couldn't particularly refuse and just went along with it without protest. In the early hours of the afternoon when the skies have cleared, I briefed my men on the mission and then we were off into the blue, strapped with bombs to deliver to the Hun field. Crossing the lines was simple enough, as no one came to intercept us and again the Hun archie must've been slacking as we barely received any fire as we crossed and then made our way towards the aerodrome.

Eventually we came upon the target and though I did not notice any craft on the ground I gave a signal to attack. Using our speed and our sudden appearance to give us an edge, we quickly flew over to drop the bombs which landed with moderate precision, striking several tents, setting fires and even levelling a hangar. We were on the verge of turning to start a proper strafing attack on what remained at the base when suddenly I heard more engines and faint whizzing of bullets. I looked around in confusion and spied a most lovely image. An entire flight of enemy two seaters was in the process of circling down towards the field we were just bombing in a landing pattern, trying to take the occasional shot as we came close. This presented an opportunity and what followed was a change of plans. I tried my best to indicate, to those who could see me anyway, to go attack the two seaters instead before I went for an attack myself.

In the chaos of it all, I'm sure I shot up at least 4 different crafts, though haven't gotten a crash, jumping from plane to plane in their spiraling carousel, receiving the occasional shot in return. Some of my flight were also back there trading blows, though another half it seems have either misunderstood me or got too spooked and were nowhere in sight. Frustrating as it was, I had to accept it and just go with it and resumed my attack. Finally, I settled upon the tail of a single two seater away from the others and begun firing without mercy, during which I unfortunately jammed my vickers. It took some time to pull back and unjam it, also reloading the Lewis while I was at it, but with time I resumed my attack on the Hun. It took several more bursts, but eventually he nose dived and smashed into trees next to the aerodrome. From there on, I charged in and shot up another Hun to no real effect and finally headed for home, seeing the last few of my flight-mates following suit.

We landed, and to my greatest relief I found out that no one was as much as injured, though all of our crates were shot up and had to undergo minor repairs for at least a day or two, much to the anger of our mechanics, who I suppose just wish we didn't undo all of their hard work every single time we flew. During debrief expressed some verbal anger directed at those who left us behind to attack the two seaters alone, informing them that if the Huns were to put up bigger resistance we could've been in more trouble than we wanted, due to such cowardice, and anyway that wasting such an opportunity is shameful. On the bright side of things, those that did stay managed to confirm that they did in fact see me downing that Hun crate, bringing my total up to 11 confirmed kills, thankfully without having to pay the price in my own men.

Attached Files Shot05-21-21-21-59-18.jpgShot05-21-21-22-02-17.jpgShot05-21-21-22-10-02.jpgShot05-21-21-22-42-08.jpgShot05-21-21-22-43-57.jpgShot05-21-21-22-50-34.jpg
Last edited by NotRelevant; 05/21/21 11:14 PM. Reason: Typos. Need more coffee.

#4569465 - 05/22/21 12:35 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Albert, yeah just another day for Pyotr. Same old, shoot something down, don’t get the credit, get annoyed, get a new plane. Sums it up.
Now, that D.VII, just one day too late for Jacob. Imagine what MvR could do with one of those.
Patient Pyotr? Tell that to the animals.
That was some mission for Edward and Hector. They do work well together. Two kills just like that. Those Huns will never learn. Now we just have to be patient (like Pyotr) and wait for those confirmations. Congrats!

NR, and you know what? That thing with the train C. Lewis was talking about happens in WoFF! Been the caboose a few times.
Don’t be too sure about that Alb. I’ve seen the AI make large detours into enemy space to avoid a confrontation. Sounds counterproductive, but it works if you can’t spot him.
As to Lehman … who knows? Maybe the man that replaces him is even worse? He could be American.
I was rather relieved that Pyotr could “keep up” with that D.VII. There is nothing more frustrating than battling dissimilar crates, like the Dreidecker. Now, if they could just get rid of all those Triplanes…
So, notice something different? No Lehman and everything is going smoothly. Bombers get escorted all the way to the target and back. Gasbags get shot down and confirmed, life can’t be any better.
And again - three man formation to get the balloon, not even top cover. That is definitely different than I’m used to in the old WoFF.
Aha! What did I say? The bloody Hun wanted to go around you and ended up stranding himself on the wrong side. Congrats on the confirmation of that victory as well. Keep the rudder, you can use it as a roof when the tent starts to leak.
Eek! Leading another attack on an airfield. The memory was still fresh in his mind. Poor Dean had to struggle with his emotions, but orders are orders. Good thing nothing as bad as mid-air collision didn’t occur, although dumb wingmen is close enough. Could have been a lovely shooting gallery, but it wasn’t meant to be. At least Cunningham was able to take one of the two-seaters down and get it confirmed. Congrats! But the men need to learn some rules. In fact an entire book of rules could be written for them.

MFair, sitting in a hospital bed is one thing. Sitting in a bed with Mia is another. He probably could miss the armistice and never even notice.

21 May, 1918 08:45 morning mission
Hétomesnil, Marne Sector
Esc SPA 67, GC 12
Adjutant Pyotr Fyodor Smirnov MM
SPAD XIII
7 confirmed kills

Scramble! They have not encountered any so called raiders. It was a waste of time.

21 May, 1918 15:05 afternoon mission
Hétomesnil, Marne Sector
Esc SPA 67, GC 12
SPAD XIII
7 confirmed kills

Patrol friendly front lines between Noyon and Roye.
En route to the patrol area Smirnov continued to look back and search for A Flight in vain. Their top cover was lost somewhere. They continued with the mission nonetheless. Finally, on their return leg Pyotr spotted the other flight, but the dots in the distance were making erratic moves. They were under attack. Pyotr, without thinking, had his SPAD in a dive and on his way with help. He looked back to check if the rest of the flight saw what he did and were following him. He was surprised no one followed. He looked again to see that his own flight was also under attack. It was a double ambush. How the Huns pulled that off he will never know. He quickly reversed the course to return to his flight and to the fight. As he levelled out he noticed there already was a Boche pursuing him. The two merged and in his excitement Smirnov pulled on the control column too sharply and stalled mid-turn, placing his machine in a spin. He recovered quickly but his enemy was already diving to attack. Thankfully he misjudged and now was below Pyotr and his recovering SPAD. He finally got on the enemy’s tail and fired. Some of the rounds connected. He had to lean to the side to see past the central post of the windscreen. Who designed this anyway? The Germans?
He continued to follow his prey and taking shots of opportunity. At one point they entered a cloud bank and Smirnov lost his bearing, spinning his plane again. That put the advantage in the German’s hands, but not for long. It was evident his opponent only wanted to get back to his aerodrome, which was visible now so tantalizingly close. It wasn’t meant to be. Pyotr, with another semi-well placed burst of his twin Vickers crippled the Albatros and watched it go down with satisfaction.

YouTube Link

After the Boche had crashed he turned his plane around and headed south. While crossing the lines he spotted another Albatros returning home. Pyotr was ready for another round. The Hun would not expect that. As they were on a head on course Pyotr fired the guns. At the same time, as they were passing each other, he noticed the German’s propeller wasn’t turning. So, it would be a slow, agonizing death for the Boche. It was slow and agonizing for Pyotr as well. The powerless plane was so slow that Smirnov had only short time to aim and fire before having to break off and go around. It took a few of those circuits to get into the rhythm, but it also didn’t last long. They were now close to the enemy airfield and bullets began to fly in Pyotr’s direction. He looked around, a Dreidecker! Pyotr thought for a second. Should he quit while he was ahead and run for home? The Fokker had an altitude disadvantage and that convinced Smirnov he had a chance. Albatros forgotten, he concentrated on the new enemy. He wasn’t doing great and had no opportunities to put the Triplane in his sights. Was it worth it? He continued to ask himself, but it was too late now. He was committed. Then, more bullets started to fly by his head. What!? It was a second Dreidecker joining the fight. That quickly made Smirnov reconsider and while the two Fokkers buzzed by, he put the nose of his SPAD down and picked up speed as he hurled towards his lines, leaving two snarling Dreideckers to whirl around their aerodrome. He looked back. Good. They weren’t following. He was lucky this time.

YouTube Link

#4569522 - 05/22/21 04:12 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
22 May, 1918 07:45
Hétomesnil, Marne Sector
Esc SPA 67, GC 12
SPAD XIII
8 confirmed kills

His Albatros from yesterday has been confirmed.
The call came in at 7:38 that a formation of enemy bombers was approaching the airfield. The entire escadrille was scrambled to intercept. They circled the aerodrome while climbing higher and higher and awaiting the arrival of the Huns. Smirnov was determined to take his revenge on the bombers for the last attack on their airfield. Large clouds obstructed most of their view, but the formation continued to patrol and search the skies. Pyotr finally spotted them above and began his pursuit. The rest of his flight continued to follow the leader Sous Lieutenant Duret, who was leading them away, obviously oblivious to the enemy presence. Smirnov wasn’t about to give up and stayed on intercept course. The two-seaters were approaching in two large formations. Pyotr knew if he approached them, he’d be cut to ribbons by the combined firepower of their rear gunners. He spotted a pair that was lagging behind. Those two would make quite a nice target for Smirnov indeed. He bypassed the armada and concentrated on the last two machines. Pyotr cautiously approached the trailing machine from behind and from below. When close enough, he pulled back on the stick and entered a climb. His gunsights were filled with the enemy machine and he opened fire. It was a long, single burst. It was sufficient. Pyotr watched the bomber enter a steep spiralling dive and fall out of control.

YouTube Link

He didn’t spend much time watching the enemy fall. There was another one he needed to take care of. He had to catch him before the two-seater rejoins the main formation. Pyotr was getting close now. He would simply execute the same maneuver by pulling up and eliminating this bird the same way he did the first one. It was time. He climbed, but the enemy plane wasn’t there. Where did he go? Smirnov dropped his nose back to a level flight and searched. There. The enemy pilot had to be more experienced than the first one. He could see Pyotr approach from behind and just as the SPAD was about to climb and pump him full of lead, he kicked the rudder bar and placed his barge in a large circular flightpath. It was better than flying straight and giving the French machine an easy target. At least by flying in circles he was giving his gunner the opportunity to return fire. Pyotr finally aligned his SPAD with the German’s flightpath, but at the same time exposed his machine to enemy rear gunner’s field of fire. A single, long volley of fire perforated the front cockpit of the German machine. At the same time the rear gunner opened fire as well and perforated Pyotr’s petrol tank. The two-seater went into a spiral and the SPAD followed in a shallow dive, observing the falling German and dropping altitude to make an emergency landing. Pyotr watched the bomber smash into a green field and then concentrated on setting his machine down, which at that point was already gliding down with an empty tank and the engine stopped. He set his plane gently on the straight section of a road and awaited someone to come by and get him. The recovery of his machine took most of the day.

YouTube Link

#4569523 - 05/22/21 04:35 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
Carrick - A tough day for Henri, they are slippery customers those Dreideckers. It's a shame he couldn't get a bead on one of them. Better luck next time.

NR - An empty intercept mission and a fruitful attack on the enemy airfield for Cunningham. How nice of those bombers to decide to land at the airfield he was attacking and after he'd dropped his bombs. He did well to bring one down, it's not easy to stay behind when they're in their landing cycle, it's very easy to drift out and get a face full of bullets.

Fullofit - Patient Pyotr performed perfectly, perforating Prussian planes. What his comrades were doing is a mystery though, daydreaming it appears. It's so much easier with the twin vickers. A decent burst and you tear chunks out of them. He took some heat but a fuel leak is better than an engine fire or a wire snap. He's moving up quickly, let's hope both get confirmed.

#4569533 - 05/22/21 06:33 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
48 Squadron
Bertangles East airfield

Awaiting two confirmations.

22nd May 1918

Morning sortie

Major Park confirmed B flight would be heading to Doullens and patrolling from there down to Amiens. The Germans had been turning up regularly to attack Amiens or the various airfields.

The weather had taken a decided turn for the worst, thick clouds and rain together with high winds.

Major Park made particular reference to yesterday's mission when they'd been attacked when coming through clouds. The sky would be full of clouds today so care must be taken.

Edward and Hector took off with the others and formed up. The sortie progressed quietly although nerves were high every time they came through clouds, which was often.

On landing, Edward and Hector went to dry off before getting some lunch.

Afternoon sortie

Major Park confirmed both flights would be heading towards Beaumont-Hamel to perform a reconnaissance of the area. Lt Cunninghame asked who would be carrying the camera. Major Park confirmed he would be and our job was to protect him.

The weather was still poor with driving rain and winds. Edward had spoken with Hector and they'd decided to carry some small Cooper bombs in case they got the opportunity to attack the enemy.

They took off, formed up and climbed to 13000 feet and headed out towards the lines.

All went without incident and they reached Beaumont-Hamel where Major Park started his reconnaissance.

After about 10 minutes Jacob saw dark spots ahead and above coming across the lines.

Major Park had also spotted them and started climbing towards the dots, clearly he'd already decided they were enemy aircraft.

Edward followed suit and nosed up. He now saw what they were dealing with, Dreideckers.

Edward shouted to Hector, "Dreideckers above, keep your eyes open!".

Edward rolled to the right slightly across the Dreidecker's path and watched as they started diving down.

"Here they come!" shouted Edward.

He watched as one came directly for him, he pulled his turn tighter and heard Hector shooting.

Several bullets ripped into the Brisfit's wing but Hector had swatted the Dreidecker away.

Another Triplane zoomed in front of Edward who instinctively fired into it. The Triplane rolled and dived and Edward went with him.

Edward was lining up a proper shot when Hector shouted "break left now!".

Further bullets hit his wing but Hector fired into the Dreidecker who was diving onto his tail.

Edward took stock and most of the action was above them now.....except the Triplane he'd targeted earlier who was running for the lines.

Edward throttled up and raced after him.

After a minute or so he'd caught up and was closing in. Edward fired a long burst into the enemy aircraft who shot upwards. Edward carried on level and shouted to Hector "Dreidecker above us now!".

Hector poured both barrels into the Triplane who stalled. Edward came around and just as the Triplane levelled out again he put a burst into him. He clearly hit the pilot as the Triplane nosed down and went straight into the ground.

Edward took stock, no other aircraft was around and they were a fair distance over the lines.

Hector shouted "where are we?". Edward looked down and saw a large town, "That's Bapaume down there" shouted Edward and he turned the Brisfit around and started west.

Edward remembered they still had the Cooper bombs and looked for a decent target.

He saw a large building with several trucks parked up. He then saw guns on the field next to it.....they were still well over the lines.

Edward nosed down and lined up on the target, he waited for the target to disappear under the Brisfit's nose and dropped the bombs.

Hector watched, leaning over as the bombs exploded, "bullseye!" yelled Hector as the building took direct hits.

Edward climbed up and headed home.

He reached the airfield where several Brisfits had already landed and others were circling.

Edward landed and headed to make his report with Hector.

Later on Major Park spoke with Edward and Hector.

"Well done on that Dreidecker, I saw you chasing it. Trouble is no-one was anywhere near you when you downed it. We can't confirm that one. However, one of your Albatros claims from yesterday has been confirmed by a local battalion commander. As for the ground attack, top job but be careful, it's busy with flak and machine guns around there and I don't want to lose another aircraft" said Park.

"Did we lose someone today?" asked Edward.

"Yes, Norris and Amherst went down in their kite, I saw it go in myself. Not much chance anyone survived that" said Park.

Edward looked at Hector and then back to Park, "Damned shame sir" said Edward.

"All the more reason not to lose anyone else, but we did down three Dreideckers, including yours" said Park.

"Anyway, go and get yourselves cleaned up and get yourselves a drink, you deserve one" said Park.

Attached Files A1.jpgA2.jpgA3.jpgA4.jpgB1.jpgB2.jpgB3.jpgB4.jpgB5.jpgB6.jpgB7.jpg

#4569534 - 05/22/21 06:38 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
NB - Many thanks to Lou for letting me try out his Bertangles airfields MOD which you can see in the first few pictures. It certainly makes a difference, turning the separate airfields into the huge aerodrome it was by mid 1918.

#4569538 - 05/22/21 07:18 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

Henri N. du Fay
Spa 94,Sgt
Hétomesnil, Marne Sector

1 Victory\
1 Pending

May 22, 1918.

Big Fur Ball.while on Patrol. Offensive Patrol two flights of 4 Spads. Coming out of clouds we Over flew 2 flights of Boche machines mix of Pfalz's and V struts. Our formation just broke up into small fights all over the sky. I flipped over in a dive 1st towards he V struts then cut over and zoomed down on a Pfalz ( Black with white rudder a good long shoot uo more than 180 rds As I passed by the e/a prop stopped and Tail surface appeared tore up. I last saw the D-IIIa Gliding for an enemy AF.. By then, I was alone do RTB The Esc claimed 2 for 1 lost. 4 a/c had lots of holes.

Attached Files CFS3 2021-05-22 11-47-51-64.jpgCFS3 2021-05-22 11-47-20-16.jpgCFS3 2021-05-22 11-49-16-24.jpgCFS3 2021-05-22 11-51-46-09.jpgCFS3 2021-05-22 11-52-03-79.jpg
#4569570 - 05/22/21 10:20 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
trustworthykebab Offline
trustworthykebab  Offline

22nd May 1918
JG III, Jasta 27
7 confirmed kills.

Yet another logistical works day.
I slept through all of the morning after having an.."Endearing" night with a French gal I met in a pub yesterday evening.
More like waking up, I've been kicked out of the barracks by Goering himself, giving me some rather unlikable epithets. I helped moving some crates down to the trucks, removed some mud from my little crate (that's close to retiring, it seems) and then we spent the rest of the day off playing cards and drinking beer. I mean, we should give some breath to those 40 Squadron boys, eh?

Page 299 of 366 1 2 297 298 299 300 301 365 366

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM