Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4569711 - 05/24/21 12:00 AM Re: Joystick Issues in GOG EAW [Re: RIBob]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Your not a fool.

I said it sounded fishy, well it does, its probably just a stick driver issue. Uninstall the stick and unplug it, then reboot.

What happens if you plug it in without installing it, will Win10 install a driver for it?

But then again you said it worked with other EAW versions, non-gog, right? So IDK.....

EDIT:

I'm guessing that the Joystick software has its own rudder and throttle assignment configuration. meaning you should bebale to assign them to Z axis and swap them etc... I'm guess at the breif screen shots I seen for that stick.
I think you just have to configure the stick software correctly.......

Let us know where your at with this!

Last edited by MarkEAW; 05/24/21 09:45 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4571349 - 06/09/21 05:48 PM Re: Joystick Issues in GOG EAW [Re: MarkEAW]  
RIBob Offline
RIBob  Offline

Problems finally fixed; The joystick on both Win 7 and Win 10 computers, which had showed inactive with multiple games, now works fine.

What I did was go to Logitech and download the specific drivers for my joystick. With joystick unplugged, started computer, and plugged-in the joystick after computer stabilized. Then installed Logitech drivers over what Microsoft automatically supplied. Joystick was automatically set to be the device to be used with "old" games, as per "Device manager' settings.

There was another possible issue. In Device Manager, there were displayed multiple Joysticks, and multiple Logitech HID devices. I uninstalled all of them (and their software/drivers) prior to starting this process. I am not sure about this, but I had a HP web cam installed, and just out of caution, I unplugged it prior to beginning this process. I'll tinker with it, and see if that cam was related to my problem.

But, so far, so good. Stick works in all games, including EAW, in all computers, after multiple re-starts. No "multiple devices" detected in Device Manager. Even reconfigured the snapviews (inside the in-game "Preferences" section) in GOG/EAW successfully. I did NOT need to alter the EAW INI whatsoever, either in Win 7 or Win 10 computers, to get the game to run OK.. Oddly, the game itself wanted the throttle to be controlled by the "hat switch", but changed that to "Throttle" in the in-game "Preferences" section. If there's problems there, will go into the INI and check things, and adjust the INI as needed.

Now that fundamental joystick issues have been resolved, I am able to move on to other things.

So, sweet success at last! Thank you all for your help, and patience! I am much obliged!

Last edited by RIBob; 06/09/21 06:39 PM.
#4571362 - 06/09/21 09:01 PM Re: Joystick Issues in GOG EAW [Re: RIBob]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Yeah with that stick you should use the Manufacture Drivers/Software. I thought you were in the first place, but I was assuming, which sometimes doesn't always give the correct answer. Aw well.

Glad it worked out, have fun man.

#4571900 - 06/16/21 01:11 AM Re: Joystick Issues in GOG EAW [Re: RIBob]  
RIBob Offline
RIBob  Offline

After fixing joystick issues, unrelated to GOG, the EAW GOG game plays all right, in Win 10, with NGlide installed and GOG game set to "Glide" within Graphics "Preferences", Top-hat Snapviews can be configured within the game controller "Preferences" as opposed to within the INI, but either method of configuration is possible.

Can't hurt to have EAW available on both GOG and Steam. The more players, the better, I reckon. They can always come here for advice and updated, aftermarket versions of the game.

Steam version needs some tinkering. Game plays OK within a small window, but menu screens are messed-up. Will tinker with some things, and report back.

People need to start somewhere, and GOG and Steam are decent starting points.

I reckon that Mark will be receiving lots of questions, thus this response. Thanks, all, for help! Much obliged!

Last edited by RIBob; 06/16/21 01:33 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.