Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 296 of 366 1 2 294 295 296 297 298 365 366
#4568313 - 05/13/21 07:53 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) ***** [Re: Raine]  
trustworthykebab Offline
trustworthykebab  Offline

11th May 1918
Feldwebel Albrecht Bernhard Schutzmeier
JG III, Jasta 27
Halluin/Rekkem, Flanders.
Lys Offensive
5 confirmed kills.

As imagined, the kill from yesterday couldn’t be confirmed. I am rather annoyed, more than half of the kills I have gotten so far have been rejected. I guess this is how it goes though, so dilly-dallying about it is of no use.

1st Flight
We were planning on doing a little patrol later in the morning, when as we approached 9am we heard an alarm buzz in our ears. It’s one of those sounds you’d genuinely never want to hear, as it probably means danger. We rushed to our planes, got in and took off. At first I didn’t see anything in the air, but I noticed all of my Kameraden doing a 180° turn. I couldn’t reach in time as I heard machine gun rounds dash past me. I had a Kamel on my tail. In all honesty, I couldn’t notice what squadron they were from; what I’m sure of, though, is that they were hella more challenging than the 40 Squadron boys we usually meet (of which we probably halved the pilots number, by now). As I noticed a plane I decided to tail, another Kamel came in from above, damaging my fuel tank as a sharp smoke trail began showing behind my crate. As the fuel was quickly going down, I tried to keep the Kamels busy for some time, before trying to land. I was on too much of an angle to get on a good approach for landing on the airfield, so I decided to land on a little grass strip just aside. And what a good decision it was! In a matter of seconds multiple explosions invaded the aerodrome, as some enemy two seaters up high had dropped plenty of bombs on it. I could count at least a dozen planes, up there. Luckily their aim still ain’t that great, so they hit only a couple of hangars that didn’t contain any planes at that moment. Still, the guys from Jasta 26 (our “twin” squadron) were pretty shaken. I don’t know how my boys did up there, since I rushed to the aerodrome to assure everybody was safe.

2nd Flight
To compensate for such an exciting job, we did a friendly lines patrol in the afternoon, with ten planes in Schwarm Zwei. Nothing interesting happened.

12th May 1918
JG III, Jasta 27
Lys Offensive
5 confirmed kills.

GROUNDED ALL DAY BECAUSE OF WEATHER

13th May 1918
JG III, Jasta 27
Lys Offensive
5 confirmed kills.

GROUNDED ALL DAY BECAUSE OF WEATHER

Last edited by trustworthykebab; 05/13/21 07:54 PM.
#4568315 - 05/13/21 08:57 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
NotRelevant Offline
NotRelevant  Offline

Fullofit - Dear lord, a spud spad. I uhhh.. I need to reconsider my whole view of the French air force now. Wouldn't that just be a sight to behold!
Darn this awful weather, though it does give ample opportunity to recover at the very least! As for the Angry Russian, he oughta find new outlets for that anger!

Carrick - Ah, of course, Henri finding good ways to occupy himself, as Frenchmen do.

Trusty - What a catchup with all that! Schutzmeier has had himself a ton of good and bad it seems! Out of the good, congratulations to him for becoming an ace and all those kills, and alongside that preventing The Fat Man from being jumped! Also on managing to survive what sounds like could've turned out to be a rather nasty collision, but thankfully only ended with a forced landing. On the bad though, most unfortunate about the rejected claims and being shot up by a camel. But at least Schutzmeier got out of it alive, so there's that!

2/LT Dean Andrews Cunningham
№64 Squadron RAF
Izles-Les-Hameux, Flanders
13th May, 1918.

5 confirmed

Another day confined to the airfield and the Mess. On the bright side of things, 3 new crates arrived, bringing up our total number of flyable airmen and reducing the number of grounded men to 5. Still not ideal, but we're getting there. If only those new machines would arrive sooner. The bike from the camel squadron is still there, as nobody had the chance to bring it back yet. Overcome by boredom and seeing an opportunity, I managed to convince Hayden to give a pass, given the current state of things, and appropriated the bike for an impromptu visit to town for a a few hours, as much of a pain as getting there through the muddy roads was. There I had the pleasure to spend time browsing and looking through all manner of trinkets, food and whatever else I could find. Satisfied with my visit and run in with the French culture, I cycled, albeit with varying success, back to the field. Dare I say, I'm beginning to see the usefulness of having such a bike...

Attached Files Town.jpg

"Those who survive a long time on the battlefield start to think they're invincible.
I bet you do, too, Buddy."
#4568316 - 05/13/21 09:20 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
trustworthykebab Offline

NR, I’d suggest you to get acquainted with the French ladies there. Wouldn’t be the satisfaction of flying, but still better than nothing, eh? biggrin

#4568326 - 05/13/21 10:31 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Kebab, a lovely bit of catch-up. Congrats on the confirmed claims! And no, the trash that the game gives you is no good. The only accolades worth having are the ones the Gong Fairy dishes out. Word!

NR, Angry Russian, huh? Sounds like an interesting drink.
Looks like the bike is been put to good use. In fact, it looks like it’ll be a while before it gets returned to their rightful owners.

13 May, 1918
Hétomesnil, Marne Sector
Esc SPA 67, GC 12
Sergent Pyotr Fyodor Smirnov
SPAD VII
4 confirmed kills

The 13th appears to be Pyotr’s lucky day. The Albatros on fire has been confirmed and there is no flying today either. More adverse weather keeps the Indomitable Gauls grounded.

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
#4568349 - 05/14/21 08:13 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
trustworthykebab Offline

14th May 1918
JG III, Jasta 27
Lys Offensive
5 confirmed kills.

A rather gloomy day, it seems.

1st Flight
We had our usual friendly lines patrol in the morning, but didn't meet any enemy on our way.

This has been our only mission today, probably because the planes had more mud than paint after landing...

#4568376 - 05/14/21 01:53 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Raine Offline
Raine  Offline

New Brunswick, Canada
War Journal of Captain George Ewan MacAlister, DSO, DSC
74 Squadron, RAF
Annex A, No. 5 Stationary Hospital
Dieppe, France

Part 42

[Linked Image]

11 May 1918

I have been transferred to a hospital in Dieppe. It is a very comfortable place, set up in a hotel building with about a hundred beds, including six spaces for officers. There are lovely day rooms with plenty of reading material and wonderful light. Most of the nurses are Australian, although the orderlies and doctors are all English.

The leg is progressing a bit painfully. The surgeon partially closed the wound yesterday but they are maintaining some irrigation for another couple of days. No sign of serious infection, though. I shall probably be able to move to a convalescent home in a week or so.

There is a fellow here who has lost a foot. His name is Albert and he was a platoon commander with the Devonshire Regiment. We have been sharing stories about the German push. We both agree that it seems that we have held the line for now at least. The Hun cannot have much more to throw at us and we are hopeful that we can muster the strength for a counter push this summer. Neither of us has seen any sign of the Americans but we hear they are arriving in force at last.

14 May 1918

“Dad” Roxburgh-Smith and Glynn visited yesterday and brought me my seabag with all my kit. Just in time, too, for I have learned that I will be transferred to a convalescent facility in England! I do not yet know where I am bound for but have written Bronwyn with the good news. With luck I will not be too far away from the south-east. The wound was fully closed this morning and I continue to have exercise. They have a bright exercise room here with parallel bars for helping one to walk. I am surprised by how weak one feels after such a short time off one’s legs. Not to mention that it hurts like the blazes.

I have just received a package with my travel warrants. I shall be on a leave boat to Folkestone in the morning and have a short train trip to Hove, by Brighton. The gods are smiling on me by keeping me within striking distance of Walmer!

Attached Files leave boat.jpg
Last edited by Raine; 05/14/21 01:54 PM.
#4568404 - 05/14/21 05:06 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
NR - Glad to see the squadron getting reinforcements. Speaking of reinforcements, be careful where Cunningham rides on that bike, Hayden might have him attack an enemy airfield in it.

TWK - An exciting few days for Shutzmeier downing several and becoming an ace as well. The gong fairy surely awaits such fine deeds. Well done getting that crate down minus fuel, especially in dodgy weather. Lovely screenshots too.

Carrick - Fine looking ladies remember to ask if one of them knew someone called Rudi.

Fullofit - Four confirmed now for the Tsar''s finest. Those pets have never had it so good.

Raine - So MacAlister is on the mend, good stuff. A trip to Hove to recuperate further, that'll be delightful in May. Maybe Bronwyn can wangle a trip down there.

"A great deal of an aeroplane could be holed without affecting its ability to fly. Wings and fuselage could be—and often were—pierced in 50 places, missing the occupants by inches (blissfully unaware of how close it had come until they returned to base). Then the sailmaker would carefully cover each hole with a square inch of Irish linen frayed at the edges and with a brushful of dope make our aircraft 'serviceable' again within an hour."
#4568424 - 05/14/21 07:13 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
NotRelevant Offline
NotRelevant  Offline

Fullofit - The last drink the Boches have, one could hope? That burning one that got confirmed for example!
At this rate, it really might be a while. Especially if Dean decides to keep appropriating it.

Kebab - Oh, for sure! If Dean can find the time for that anyway, between his other shenanigans, hah!
Probably a good thing that there was no one encountered. Not being forced right into the fire first thing after a bit of a rest and all, eh?

Raine - Good to hear that MacAllister is not only improving but is also getting himself a trip down to England.

Tross - Reinforcements really don't hurt when your whole squadron gets culled every other week. Also, hah! I think if it comes to that point Dean would be happier doing it than having to deal with the occasional incompetence and other shenanigans at the 64th.

№64 Squadron RAF
14th May, 1918.

6 confirmed

The weather has finally cleared enough for flying to become an option, albeit a risky one as the mud still prevails and takeoffs have to be managed carefully. As such, Hayden has had the brilliant idea of sending up a group of three musketeers into the sky for a balloon busting sortie just to see how it goes! Leading the group of course had to be Lehman, but I resigned myself to just pretending he won't be there and do my own thing, and just hope that he manages to see it all and confirms it much like last time.

The sun shone down on us as we got into our crafts and started to take off in a three man formation, struggling mildly with the wet and muddy field but fortunately not having any crashes. From then on it was an easy climb to the frontlines and a peaceful crossing, no Hun scouts in sight. Archie too was quiet, probably busy on their lunch breaks or something to that accord. Within maybe fifteen minutes I had sighted the balloon, and with my eyes on the prize I pushed the throttle up and begun my slow dive towards it. Preoccupied with something as they were, the huns barely even noticed me as I was within range and letting out a long continous burst into the gasbag, which ignited with 4 seconds left to spare for me to pull up and avoid collision. I overflew the gasbag and made a reversal, looking behind me as it burnt for a few more seconds and then burst out into uncontrollable flames and went crashing down. Finally the Archie begun to kick in and return fire, but at that point I was already heading for home, my flight following close by.

Upon landing I've made the report, and to my satisfaction Lehman confirmed it without much need to convince or force him to, just like last time. Perhaps there's some use to this pocket Hun of ours... This brought my total up to 6, and given me reason enough to celebrate with a drink in the Mess. In the evening 3 new machines were delivered to the Squadron, and the mechanics had the misfortunate of staying up all night inspecting them and preparing for tomorrow's possible flights. That reduced our total number of grounded crew to 2. The Squadron it seems was now almost at full capacity, and I can only hope this wasn't about to suddenly change.

Attached Files Shot05-14-21-19-20-06.jpgShot05-14-21-19-23-50.jpgShot05-14-21-19-25-26.jpgShot05-14-21-19-26-11.jpgShot05-14-21-19-26-34.jpg

"Those who survive a long time on the battlefield start to think they're invincible.
#4568428 - 05/14/21 07:29 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
Leutenant-zur-see Jacob Kühn, EK1, HHO
Marine-Feld-Jagdstaffel 1
Jabbeke airfield

30 confirmed kills

13th May 1918

The weather was still awful and the airfield was under water. Flying was cancelled first thing.

Jacob returned to his room after breakfast and took some papers out of the drawer of the small bedside table. A small white envelope was on top and he took this from the pile.

It was postmarked 'Bruxelles' and there was a definite aroma of scent on the paper as he took it out. It was a smell he had come across before. Like a memory that brings one comfort.

It was a letter from Marguerite. He opened it and read it.

ObFl Jacob Kühn
Jabbeke
Flanders

8th May 1918

Dear Jacob,

Thank you so much for your letter. I must admit I wasn't sure if you would write. I'm not in the habit of passing my address onto people. Soldiers and naval personnel pass through all the time, whether through the hospital or in the little spare time I have. Few take any real interest in me or my family though so I do appreciate your words.

I know you're right about me applying for a military hospital but life here isn't what it was. Nursing was a calling for me, but since the war started, my time is taken up entirely by training others. You mention the horrors of war would erode my humanity, but the endless classes of trainees, the requirement to teach first aid techniques above everything else, that is eroding my humanity at a fast pace, not to mention my sanity.

My sister is still intent on applying for university so thank you for your kind words. Although she too is thinking of a nurse's course in the meantime. I'm trying to talk her out of it but she is far more stubborn than I.

I hardly seem to see my father, he works hard and long hours and I do worry for him sometimes, but he too is stubborn. Especially since my mother died.

How are you dear Jacob? Keeping safe I hope. I too have fond memories of the Cafe Rubens. It was a very pleasant escape for a few hours.

I enjoyed you telling me about flying, the feeling of freedom and of the thrill it gives.

Tell me, will you remain a pilot when the war is over?

I have so many questions, you must forgive me.

I hope you will write again and should you be allowed leave I would very much like to see you again.

Yours Marguerite

Jacob smelt the scent again and smiled to himself. He would write back.

Attached Files Screenshot_20210428-161524~2.png

"A great deal of an aeroplane could be holed without affecting its ability to fly. Wings and fuselage could be—and often were—pierced in 50 places, missing the occupants by inches (blissfully unaware of how close it had come until they returned to base). Then the sailmaker would carefully cover each hole with a square inch of Irish linen frayed at the edges and with a brushful of dope make our aircraft 'serviceable' again within an hour."
#4568509 - 05/15/21 01:16 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Albert, don’t forget Tsar’s no more, but I like the monicker. True, the pets haven’t been kicked in a while.
It’s amazing how little it takes to take pleasure from a memory. Take for example the smell of the letter. For a little while it allows one to forget there is war around, think of the future, love. No such comforts while up in the air, fighting the enemy. Take this opportunity Jacob and cherish it.

NR, yes that last one on fire would take any drink, if only to try and douse the fires.
Our resident balloon hunter strikes again and with good results. Honestly, Lehman may prove to be a reliable witness for any future claims. You know what that means. He’s just flying around without bringing the fight to the enemy if he’s got time to see all that happens around.
Congrats on another successful claim. The poor Ack-Emmas are going to drop dead one night from exhaustion.

14 May, 1918 04:45
Hétomesnil, Marne Sector
Esc SPA 67, GC 12
SPAD VII
4 confirmed kills

Finally some flying conditions. The escadrille’s job for today was to patrol over friendly factories at Beauvais. Smirnov took of with everyone else, but had to quickly turn back after reaching the initial waypoint. His engine was making odd noises and the prudent thing to do was to bring his sick mount back on the ground. His mechanics went to work right away, but would not be able to rectify the problem until late evening. Another idle day for Tsar’s own.

#4568547 - 05/15/21 06:00 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
Fullofit - I know the Tsar is a gonna but I'm assuming Pyotr isn't a communist and was a member of the Tsarist forces. A shame about that dodgy engine, those #%&*$# hispo's. Nothing to be done but return home.

Leutenant-zur-see Jacob Kühn, EK1, HHO
Jabbeke airfield

30 confirmed kills

14th May 1918

The weather had not improved enough to allow flying. The ground crew had spades and pitchforks and were busy trying to drain the water away.

Jacob spent the morning testing the controls and switches on his Albatros. After lunch he wanted to write his letter to Marguerite, but Oberleutenant Saschenberg had other ideas. He called a briefing in the afternoon and went through the current state of play along the front. Operation Georgette had ground to a halt. He didn't know when or where our forces would attack again but we had to keep the pressure on the enemy to keep them on their toes.

15th May 1918

Morning sortie

The weather had improved dramatically overnight and Oberleutenant Saschenberg confirmed that the whole Jasta would be heading towards the Roulers railyard.

The skies were a cyan blue as Jacob and the others took off.

The mission passed without incident and all pilots returned safely.

Afternoon sortie

Jacob took the afternoon briefing and explained that Kette Zwei would be heading towards the Ypres salient.

More clouds had appeared but the weather was still good and with little wind making flying far more pleasant.

After taking off and forming up, Kette Zwei climbed up and headed out south west.

All was quiet until they reached the northern stretch of the salient. Jacob looked down and saw several aircraft coming across the lines towards them.

He rolled slightly to keep an eye on them. He circled down and tried to keep the sun between them and the aircraft below.

He now saw they were a formation of Camels and signalled to the others to attack.

Jacob dived down onto one of the Camels but he was seen and the enemy aircraft avoided Jacob's attack.

He climbed back up and looked for an opening. He saw a Camel appear from beneath him. Jacob dived again and fired. The enemy aircraft rolled but went left, Jacob went with him and got the lead on the Camel. He poured both barrels into the enemy. The Camel side slipped and smashed into a ruined building.

Jacob leveled out and looked around, he saw many aircraft swirling and circling nearer the lines and headed over, climbing as he went.

He looked for another target and saw a Camel over to his left turning too gently for his own good. Jacob rolled and fired into the Camel who panicked and dived.

Jacob stayed above the hapless Camel and picked his moment. He swooped down and put both barrels into the Camel. Another burst as the Camel seemed to just hang in the air tore his lower wing away.

The Camel lurched into a spin and spun down into the ground.

Jacob now saw the remaining Camels running for home but as he glanced up, one of the Camels was just above him, clearly unawares Jacob was just below.

Jacob reared up and poured bullets into the enemy. The Camel tried to climb away but Jacob kept hitting him.

The Camel started spewing thick smoke and then burst into flames.

He crashed down with a bang.

Jacob saw the remaining Camels had crossed the lines and decided to make for home. He saw more Albatrosse ahead and formed up with them.

They made it home safely and on landing Jacob was met by Leutenant Heinrich. "I saw two of the Camels fall under your guns meine freund" said Heinrich.

It turned out five Camels had been downed. Jacob was speaking to Heinrich and the new pilot Greuner. Greuner was telling how he'd put bullets into one of the Camels near Jacob but then lost sight of him.

Jacob thought for a moment, "I saw your attack Herr Vizeflugmeister" said Jacob. He hadn't of course, but decided he'd back the young pilot and allow him to claim his first Camel, as Heinrich had confirmed the other two for Jacob.

"I saw a Camel fall into the ground near me, that must have been yours Greuner" said Jacob.

Vizeflugmeister Greuner was all smiles on hearing this and practically bounced into the office to submit his claim.

Heinrich knew Jacob's game. "That's a very decent thing to do Jacob" said Heinrich.

"Well, I'm a decent chap Bertram" said Jacob, smirking as they also went to file their reports.

Jacob now had 32 confirmed kills and enjoyed a few drinks in the kasino later, he didn't want to get too drunk though as he wanted to work on his letter to Marguerite.

Attached Files A1.jpgA2.jpgB1.jpgB2.jpgB3.jpgB4.jpgB5.jpgB6.jpgB7.jpgB8.jpgB9.jpg

#4568565 - 05/15/21 08:26 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
NotRelevant Offline
NotRelevant  Offline

Fullofit - Reckon that might backfire if the drinks end up igniting!
Yeah, Lehman is proving himself useless as a combatant and is strangely reluctant as per usual then, but at least he's confirming claims, so there's that. As long as that keeps up he may just stay and pretend to be useful.
The AM's are already probably well about on the edge of passing out, I reckon soon we'll just have half braindead zombies shambling about the hangars instead of AMs.
Well, most unfortunate about Pyotrs engine malfunction, but it was most certainly the right call. Better start heading back BEFORE the engine gives out way over the lines.

Tross - Ah, what a great letter to receive.No surprise if it brings back all sorts of memories and emotion then.
Well well, congratulations on the two confirmed camels, and indeed. What a decent thing of Jacob to do. That would surely go well in building up a rookie's confidence and all.

№64 Squadron RAF
15th May, 1918.

6 confirmed

With weather still on track to improve, our first flight of the day was a simple recon escort over the lines. The whole Squadron was called up, both to ensure it went smoothly and as a checkup on the machines and the airmen who had spent a good while grounded and doing nothing. The takeoff went succesfully, and we met up with RE8s as planned and followed them through cloud and Archie fire before finally turning back home, having not met any Hun resistance. On landing we discovered that a single man from A flight had a malfunction and tried to land on a field, crashing and dying in the attempt. Most unfortunate, and no doubt the AMs will be working overtime to check the engines again.

Later in the evening Hayden led B flight on a bomb-less mission to strafe a Hun airfield to the East. The same one that we had spent a good portion last month trying to strafe. The crossing and the flight went well, and soon we were upon the Hun field. I decided to not do my own dramatic aerobatic performance over the Huns for once and instead stuck on Hayden's wing for most of it, aiding him in several straffing runs during which we got almost no return fire, the MG gunners probably either killed or driven off by our persistent fire encouraging them to think about their priorities and subsequently discovering that their life holds more weight than their sense of duty to the Kaiser. By the end, one of the Hun buildings had what seemed to be all its windows blown out and a shed collapsed on itself. Satisfied with the damage we dealt, our flight turned and headed for home, landing there with no issues.

As a whole, a mediocre day with an unfortunate loss of airman balanced out by a lack of further losses and the arrival of yet another new replacement, almost just in time for the loss of an aviator. Hopes of improving weather and a run in with Hun scouts continue to persist in my mind. Maybe tomorrow...

Attached Files Shot05-15-21-20-09-16.jpgShot05-15-21-20-27-52.jpgShot05-15-21-20-29-28.jpgShot05-15-21-20-31-06.jpg

#4568575 - 05/15/21 10:23 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Albert, every time I find out Jacob is under attack I think to myself: “Let them not be Strutters!” Thankfully it’s “just” Camels this time around. Good job dispatching all three of them and congrats on the two confirmed. But what’s this I see? Kaiserliche Marine Flieger padding a greenhorn’s claim? I’d expect such underhanded shenanigans from those British and French louts, but an Imperial Officer. Gasp!

NR, yeah, I didn’t think this liquid could be flammable, especially an Angry Russian - that should have some additional kick. And you got it right, you hear an engine knockin’, you get your wing a rockin’. I don’t mind Lehman staying away from the fight and getting in the way, as long as he can confirm all the claims. It’s like taking minutes at a meeting really.
Eh, loosing a machine and an inept pilot during the landing is most infuriating. And the squadron was on it’s best way to recovering to full strength. Plus, all this extra work for the Ack-Emmas. Definitely will have to check them for any symptoms of brain morbidity.
I am also glad Haden has his head screwed on right on his shoulders and didn’t take any bombs on a strafe run. That would really spoil the mission for the flight-mates behind him. Keep your fingers crossed. The Hun will show up eventually.

15 May, 1918 06:50 morning mission
Hétomesnil, Marne Sector
Esc SPA 67, GC 12
SPAD VII
4 confirmed kills

Capitaine d’Indy would lead the flight this morning to escort 5 Bréguets from Esc 202 on recon mission of enemy front sector north of Noyon. The morning mission seemed to take forever to complete. Must be those last three days of doing nothing that made it feel this way to Pyotr. Despite their best efforts to get deep into enemy territory, no enemy planes came up to meet them. There were some dots spotted in the distance but no one could tell if they were friend or foe. Flying at much lower latitude, they posed no danger to the recon planes. The large formation of large two-seaters completed their rounds and returned to base along with their escorts.

[Linked Image]

15 May, 1918 12:40 noon mission
Hétomesnil, Marne Sector
Esc SPA 67, GC 12
SPAD VII
4 confirmed kills

The second mission of the day was to patrol over friendly troop camp near Ressons-sur-Matz. Again, same as the morning flight, the enemy did not rise to the occasion and the escadrille returned home without exercising their trigger fingers. Flying around with no terror of battle and no danger of getting shot down seemed almost idyllic.

Attached Files 1918-05-15.jpg

#4568624 - 05/16/21 11:34 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Attention!

[Linked Image]

His Majesty King George V hereby confers the following honour:

[Linked Image]

A grateful people thank you for your service and loyalty.

#4568625 - 05/16/21 11:35 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Achtung!

[Linked Image]

It is the Kaiser's Royal and Imperial command that the following individual be recognized for his valor:

[Linked Image]

You make the Vaterland most proud.

#4568626 - 05/16/21 11:51 AM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Pursuant to Army Order 204, dated 6 July 1916, the following individual is hereby presented the Wounded Stripe:

[Linked Image]

Your King and Country thank you for your sacrifice and faithful service.

#4568630 - 05/16/21 12:42 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Attention!

[Linked Image]

Le Ministre de la guerre, République Française, wishes to present an award to the following individual:

[Linked Image]

The people of France thank you sincerely for your courageous actions.

#4568633 - 05/16/21 01:12 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Achtung!

[Linked Image]

It is the Kaiser's Royal and Imperial command that the following individual be recognized for his valor:

[Linked Image]

Citation to the award reads as follows:

Leutenant-zur-See Jacob Kühn has demonstrated admirable bravery and enviable skill in air combat, having been victorious over thirty enemies to date. His leadership and determination serve as fine example and uphold the highest traditions of the Kaiser’s Imperial Armed Forces. He is an inspiration to his followers and the bane of the enemy.

Awarded the Orden Pour le Mérite on 10 May 1918.

#4568636 - 05/16/21 01:30 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Dear God! The Gong Fairy has just wiped out the entire DiD cast in one fell swoop, if we’re to believe the curse. Time to dust off your lucky rabbit’s foot people.
Pyotr thanks this vengeful mythical creature. “- Спасибо!”
Also, congrats to all the recipients.

#4568641 - 05/16/21 01:47 PM Re: Deep Immersion DiD campaign -- Player Instructions (UPDATED 28 Nov 2018) [Re: Raine]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Good luck charms won't help you now, it's all at the whim of him.

[Linked Image]

Page 296 of 366 1 2 294 295 296 297 298 365 366

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80