Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4567716 - 05/08/21 02:31 PM Do transfer requests ever get approved?  
dumbunny Offline
dumbunny  Offline

Riverside
I've got a veteran German pilot, an Oberleutnant with 4 confirmed kills as of June 1916. His squadron's Fokker Eindeckers were taken away, converting his squadron to all two-seaters, so I sought to have him transferred to Jasta 7 (rated "average" at that time).

...It's now August 1917, over a year later, and his transfer request still remains pending. (Before I started this campaign, I had already set it so that all requests are automatically approved).

Is the "Request Transfer" feature just a cosmetic thing, or are transfers actually supposed to get confirmed at some point?

Last edited by dumbunny; 05/08/21 02:35 PM.

Never mind, I give up. I'm done with WOFF.

Thanks to everybody who tried to help...just too many bugs and not enough time.
#4567723 - 05/08/21 03:32 PM Re: Do transfer requests ever get approved? [Re: dumbunny]  
Rick_Rawlings Offline
Rick_Rawlings  Offline

No, it works for me, at least in the past. I do wish there was a "do it right now" option. How many missions have you flown in between, as I think it might be mission based instead of time based. Has Jasta 7 been continually in service the whole time? Anything else seem weird?

The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...
#4567743 - 05/08/21 07:49 PM Re: Do transfer requests ever get approved? [Re: Rick_Rawlings]  
dumbunny Offline
dumbunny  Offline

Riverside
Originally Posted by Rick_Rawlings
How many missions have you flown in between, as I think it might be mission based instead of time based.

Over 60 missions, over 80 hours.

Has Jasta 7 been continually in service the whole time?

Yeah...I've been checking each month.

Anything else seem weird?

Any time I'm using the AI pilot at the end of a mission, the AI pilot finishes the landing sequence by crashing straight into the ground.

My pilot also has 6 kill claims from 1916 that have had no review; they haven't been confirmed or rejected, just remained pending into August 1917.

#4567744 - 05/08/21 07:58 PM Re: Do transfer requests ever get approved? [Re: dumbunny]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
Originally Posted by dumbunny

Any time I'm using the AI pilot at the end of a mission, the AI pilot finishes the landing sequence by crashing straight into the ground.

I've noticed this a few times now I was going to raise this as an issue with the devs.

The aircraft noses right up and stalls into the ground.

Thankfully, I land on my own 99 times out of 100 but it is affecting AI aircraft as well.

As for transfers I've not requested one in BHAH II yet, but that sounds like a bug if you've got transfers set to 'always approved'.

"A great deal of an aeroplane could be holed without affecting its ability to fly. Wings and fuselage could be—and often were—pierced in 50 places, missing the occupants by inches (blissfully unaware of how close it had come until they returned to base). Then the sailmaker would carefully cover each hole with a square inch of Irish linen frayed at the edges and with a brushful of dope make our aircraft 'serviceable' again within an hour."
#4567745 - 05/08/21 07:59 PM Re: Do transfer requests ever get approved? [Re: dumbunny]  
trustworthykebab Offline
trustworthykebab  Offline

Mh, if stuff like that happens with claims too I wonder if it might be some sort of bug or missing code? Could it be caused by a possibly incorrect installation? Does it happen with other pilots too?

#4567749 - 05/08/21 08:12 PM Re: Do transfer requests ever get approved? [Re: dumbunny]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

On the transfers - try with always approved off. Turn off, then try with a different pilot and then request a transfer.

On the AI landing, what aircraft and squad / airfield?
What anti virus do you have? Could be something interfering with the AI or our dll - I have never seen the AI do that.

To much going on to help without more precise details maybe if the AI do that on landing please send the logs, system info, mission and pilot as requested in last 2 pages of the WOFF BH&H II FAQ please.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4567752 - 05/08/21 08:32 PM Re: Do transfer requests ever get approved? [Re: dumbunny]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
My DH2 definitely did it Pol and the Nieuport 28 as well. Literally as it's about to touch down it rears up onto it's tail and stalls into the ground. The pilot survived though, not even wounded, in fact the aircraft wasn't listed as damaged in the mission summary either.

DH2 was at Vert Galand with 32 Squadron and Nieuport 28 is with 94th Aero at Vaucouleurs airfield.

I'll try and grab some more data next time I come across it, as I said I almost always land myself anyway.

"A great deal of an aeroplane could be holed without affecting its ability to fly. Wings and fuselage could be—and often were—pierced in 50 places, missing the occupants by inches (blissfully unaware of how close it had come until they returned to base). Then the sailmaker would carefully cover each hole with a square inch of Irish linen frayed at the edges and with a brushful of dope make our aircraft 'serviceable' again within an hour."
#4567765 - 05/09/21 12:14 AM Re: Do transfer requests ever get approved? [Re: Polovski]  
dumbunny Offline
dumbunny  Offline

Riverside
Originally Posted by Polovski

On the transfers - try with always approved off. Turn off, then try with a different pilot and then request a transfer.

I'm trying it that way now, and same result - the transfer request has been pending for 6 months with a Brit pilot this time.

On the AI landing, what aircraft and squad / airfield?
What anti virus do you have? Could be something interfering with the AI or our dll - I have never seen the AI do that.

I only have whatever the default is for Windows 10. I haven't installed anything - no Norton, no McAfree or whatever it's called, just basic Windows Defender.

I uninstalled and then re-installed, but sent it to a different drive and I'm finding that the AI pilot issues are OK now. The transfer request issue, however, continues.

#4567768 - 05/09/21 12:52 AM Re: Do transfer requests ever get approved? [Re: dumbunny]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Are you actually flying the missions after requesting transfer, or just advancing time?
You have to fly certain number of missions before the transfer takes effect. Advancing time without flying won't work.

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
#4567769 - 05/09/21 01:11 AM Re: Do transfer requests ever get approved? [Re: Fullofit]  
dumbunny Offline
dumbunny  Offline

Riverside
Originally Posted by Fullofit
Are you actually flying the missions after requesting transfer, or just advancing time?
You have to fly certain number of missions before the transfer takes effect. Advancing time without flying won't work.

From earlier in this thread: "Over 60 missions, over 80 hours."

Is there any guide on when to expect transfers to take place?

#4567778 - 05/09/21 03:11 AM Re: Do transfer requests ever get approved? [Re: dumbunny]  
Rick_Rawlings Offline
Rick_Rawlings  Offline

I guess I would recommend backing up with Robert's pilot backup utility and reinstall again. I know you said you did this already, but WOFF has a way of sticking around in odd places even when uninstalled. The fact that no one else is reporting the transfer issue makes me think it is not something with the game at large, but with the install you have. I had something similar happen when I switched to the new version. I didn't get the Lewis gun reload keystrokes even as an option until I re-uninstalled, manually deleted some folders, used the uninstall cleanup tool in the tools folder and restarted my computer before doing a fresh install. This was also with moving to a different drive, so it is at least a possibility. I do have to say that at waiting sixty missions for your transfer, I must commend your patience!

The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...
#4567818 - 05/09/21 02:37 PM Re: Do transfer requests ever get approved? [Re: Albert Tross]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Originally Posted by Albert Tross
My DH2 definitely did it Pol and the Nieuport 28 as well. Literally as it's about to touch down it rears up onto it's tail and stalls into the ground. The pilot survived though, not even wounded, in fact the aircraft wasn't listed as damaged in the mission summary either.

DH2 was at Vert Galand with 32 Squadron and Nieuport 28 is with 94th Aero at Vaucouleurs airfield.

I'll try and grab some more data next time I come across it, as I said I almost always land myself anyway.

Thanks Albert Tross - any FM mods installed? Don't forget damaged aircraft (or random failures) can cause crash when landing too.

When this happens can you then exit WOFF and then gather all the logs and details as per the last 2 pages of the WOFF BH&H II FAQ please?

Any AI funnies or other unexplained things, if you installed over UE or PE and did not cleanly uninstall that could be it. If so it's probably best to nuke WOFF BH&H II install cleanly with WOFFToolbox as per section 17 of the FAQ. Cleanly remove then reboot, then reinstall.

Last edited by Polovski; 05/09/21 03:15 PM.

Regards,

Polovski,
#4567838 - 05/09/21 05:03 PM Re: Do transfer requests ever get approved? [Re: dumbunny]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

We just tested transfers here worked fine. When you put in the transfer rem to chose check/tick on the final confirm box, also note if the other squadron becomes inactive it may not happen. Maybe put it down to the fog of war, they lost it.
Or just start a new pilot in the new squadron.
Of course if you advance time it could miss the transfer time, or perhaps similarly miss it when you get injured for an extended time.

Tested DH2 and DH2_mid1916 variants landing many times in bad weather, all land fine here and the N28 was fine too - so not sure what that is.
We'd need a way to reproduce it.
So as I say perhaps you need to nuke install properly using WOFFToolbox "uninstall" option and install fresh.

Last edited by Polovski; 05/09/21 07:59 PM.

Regards,

Polovski,
#4567863 - 05/09/21 07:57 PM Re: Do transfer requests ever get approved? [Re: dumbunny]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
Hi Pol, I'm not using any mods at all, no antivirus other than basic windows defender and I excluded WOFF from the list and run as administrator.

I uninstalled UE/PE using the tool box and created a new folder for BHAH to go in.

I'll do some more testing as and when I can and if it occurs again i'll grab the info as you requested.

#4567889 - 05/10/21 12:01 AM Re: Do transfer requests ever get approved? [Re: dumbunny]  
Mortuus Offline
Mortuus  Offline

Ottawa, ON
Originally Posted by dumbunny
My pilot also has 6 kill claims from 1916 that have had no review; they haven't been confirmed or rejected, just remained pending into August 1917.

I haven't seen anyone else in the thread address this, so I'll ask - did you happen to use a semi-colon in the description field for those claims? I haven't bought BH&HII yet, but in previous versions of WOFF I've had semicolons break the field and prevent the claim from resolving, just staying at pending. It helped me break my bad habit of over-using them, haha.

#4567895 - 05/10/21 12:51 AM Re: Do transfer requests ever get approved? [Re: Polovski]  
dumbunny Offline
dumbunny  Offline

Riverside
Originally Posted by Polovski
When you put in the transfer rem to chose check/tick on the final confirm box,

I'm not sure what this is referring to. I get two prompts: "Would you like to transfer to ____?" and "Your transfer request has been submitted..."

I've been checking both of those - my only options to move forward in the interface at all are to either check the box or cancel the request. I've fiddled around with it and I'm not finding any way I could have bypassed that on accident.

also note if the other squadron becomes inactive it may not happen. Maybe put it down to the fog of war, they lost it.

This is also something I've been monitoring, and the target squadrons are remaining in continuous service.

Or just start a new pilot in the new squadron.

...seriously?

Of course if you advance time it could miss the transfer time, or perhaps similarly miss it when you get injured for an extended time.

This is placing a bunch of extra hidden strings on my ability to use a game feature that would allow me to have the experience that I want to have, based on the features that have been advertised with the game. It's sounding like the response I'm getting is "don't use the feature, and scrap the pilot you've been putting weeks into building." If there's a transfer feature, why can't I just use the transfer feature to place my pilot in a fighter squadron instead of having him stuck doing reconnaissance?

This is also happening with claims - they aren't getting confirmed or rejected, they're just left pending indefinitely, even in cases where I had multiple wingmen witness the claim within a mile of my pilot's airfield.

So as I say perhaps you need to nuke install properly using WOFFToolbox "uninstall" option and install fresh.

I'm on my third nuke with the Toolbox uninstall now. I don't know if it's a systemic issue with WOFF, or an issue with my computer...all I know is, features aren't working on WOFF no matter how many times I install/uninstall, and I'm not having these issues with any other software on this computer.

It really dampens my enthusiasm to bother playing the game anymore - I feel like I'm not playing the game now, so much as just fighting it. And given the circumstances, plus the response, I don't think that's an unreasonable feeling to have.

Last edited by dumbunny; 05/10/21 12:57 AM.

#4567909 - 05/10/21 07:37 AM Re: Do transfer requests ever get approved? [Re: dumbunny]  
Creaghorn Offline
Creaghorn  Offline

N�rnberg Frankonia
No, the response you're getting is exactly as it's mentioned, not what you assume. Nobody else is mentioning issues with stuck transfers nor stuck claims and this feature is not just for cosmetics. No one said you should not use it. It always has worked and It has been tested again nonetheless, just in case, because you raised this issue and the response was that it worked, as it always has. 60 missions and 80 hours is not a whole lot for a year later. So obviously there is some prolonged date-skipping involved, while there was a pending transfer request. The feature is not broken but your pilot. Somewhere along the line your pilot obviously got corrupted for whatever reasons. So yes, seriously. In that one in a thousand case, best to start a new pilot.

#4567912 - 05/10/21 08:26 AM Re: Do transfer requests ever get approved? [Re: Creaghorn]  
dumbunny Offline
dumbunny  Offline

Riverside
Originally Posted by Creaghorn
60 missions and 80 hours is not a whole lot for a year later. So obviously there is some prolonged date-skipping involved, while there was a pending transfer request.
I'm...sorry I guess?

#4567913 - 05/10/21 09:12 AM Re: Do transfer requests ever get approved? [Re: dumbunny]  
Creaghorn Offline
Creaghorn  Offline

N�rnberg Frankonia
The point is, for some reason your pilot got corrupted if skipping dates while having a pending transfer. Usually skipping dates does not break a pilot. It's in to be used afterall. But obviously there was an odd one in your case, which is the exception, not the norm. Transfers do work. They get approved after a handful actually flown missions. If there is something wrong, making it reproducable is 90% of the fix.

#4567914 - 05/10/21 09:12 AM Re: Do transfer requests ever get approved? [Re: dumbunny]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Your question was 'do transfer requests ever get approved?', and the answer was yes normally. If one hasn't for you then given the tremendous variables in PCs I can't say why for sure, as we have not seen it, but I thought about some possibilities - I have no idea if this is the case in your installation. Others say it worked for them.

Compared to most AAA software out there I'd say the vast majority of WOFF features work well for the vast majority of PC users out there.

Regards,

Polovski,
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM