Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#4567304 - 05/05/21 01:40 PM Re: 24 hrs. after Pfizer #2... [Re: Crane Hunter]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Originally Posted by Crane Hunter
I don't think there is going to be an "all clear" signal, just periods where restrictions are relaxed between surges.

Sounds reasonable to me.

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4567702 - 05/08/21 11:43 AM Re: 24 hrs. after Pfizer #2... [Re: MarkG]  
bolox Offline
bolox  Offline

So second Pfizer jab thursday. Noticed a slight soreness ~24hrs later- kind of hard to tell if it was the jab as did a full days work fri doing a test build of a stage Fri- so had aches all over as haven't done much/any real work over the last 15 months biggrin A good soak in a hot bath and all good
1st jab noticed nothing

"There are two things that are infinite: The Universe and Human Stupidity. And I'm not even sure about the Universe." - Einstein
#4567715 - 05/08/21 02:30 PM Re: 24 hrs. after Pfizer #2... [Re: MarkG]  
Nimits Offline
Hotshot
Nimits  Offline
Hotshot

United States of America
Originally Posted by MarkG
Originally Posted by Crane Hunter
I don't think there is going to be an "all clear" signal, just periods where restrictions are relaxed between surges.

Sounds reasonable to me.

Sounds horrible to me.

This must end.

#4567740 - 05/08/21 07:27 PM Re: 24 hrs. after Pfizer #2... [Re: MarkG]  
BUFF Offline
Hotshot
BUFF  Offline
Hotshot

Glasgow, Scotland

Last edited by BUFF; 05/08/21 07:32 PM.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder"

www.CombatACE.com SF P1/WOV/WOE/First Eagles flunky

abit forums
#4567756 - 05/08/21 09:37 PM Re: 24 hrs. after Pfizer #2... [Re: BUFF]  
Nimits Offline
Hotshot
Nimits  Offline
Hotshot

United States of America

Possibly; then we learn to accept that some people are going to die of COVID (and remember that we are all going to die of something, anyway), stop worrying about it, and go back to pre-pandemic life as normal.

Last edited by Nimits; 05/08/21 09:38 PM.
#4567770 - 05/09/21 01:39 AM Re: 24 hrs. after Pfizer #2... [Re: MarkG]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
+1 Nimits. This is idiocy.

A world full of pansies.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4567774 - 05/09/21 02:41 AM Re: 24 hrs. after Pfizer #2... [Re: MarkG]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

+1 billion to Nixer and Nimits.

NONE leave the human existence alive. A great example, who's irony burned the news report into my brain:

A 38 year old, father was jogging one morning on a beach, when he was struck and killed by an airplane.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jogger-hit-by-plane-likely-didnt-hear-it/

Stop living afraid and find all that life has for you while you are here. Prepare for the future, but live for today.

TPA who TWI
"The 10th Amendment simply says that any powers that aren’t mentioned in the Constitution as belonging to the government belong to the states themselves."
#4567776 - 05/09/21 03:04 AM Re: 24 hrs. after Pfizer #2... [Re: MarkG]  
LB4LB Offline
Still lurking about
LB4LB  Offline
Still lurking about
Hotshot

Detroit Burbs
I cannot dismiss the severity of the COVID pandemic, but there is a happy medium between total disregard for rational guidelines that help us all and this wide spread neurosis that has many people acting like psychotic petty tyrants. At this point I am surprised that we don't have millions of people hiding in terror afraid that a Chines rocket is going to land on them tomorrow morning all while screaming at the people that aren't hiding in a hole like them.

That being said, I had my second Pfizer shot this afternoon. My arm is soar, for sure. I am hoping for a good day tomorrow. Cheers. biggrin

#4567780 - 05/09/21 03:48 AM Re: 24 hrs. after Pfizer #2... [Re: MarkG]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

It would be nice if rationality, thought, and logic were used to find that "happy medium". Wasn't it the FDA that approved Saccharin as a safer alternative to suger?

TPA who TWI
"The 10th Amendment simply says that any powers that aren’t mentioned in the Constitution as belonging to the government belong to the states themselves."
#4567788 - 05/09/21 07:03 AM Re: 24 hrs. after Pfizer #2... [Re: MarkG]  
Herman Online content
Herman  Online Content

The same fools quaking from CoVid were probably the same idiots hiding under their beds when Y2k rolled around.

ScenShare Guidelines :

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon community's #1 choice

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
#4567799 - 05/09/21 10:59 AM Re: 24 hrs. after Pfizer #2... [Re: Brit44 'Aldo']  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Originally Posted by Brit44 'Aldo'
NONE leave the human existence alive. A great example, who's irony burned the news report into my brain:

A 38 year old, father was jogging one morning on a beach, when he was struck and killed by an airplane.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jogger-hit-by-plane-likely-didnt-hear-it

Sooo...don't jog outside with ear buds because you might get hit by an airplane? Or maybe don't waste time taking care of yourself because you're just going to die anyway?

I turned it around at ~40 when I began falling apart, and now at 53 I feel fantastic and living the way I only dreamed about in my 30's. I have similarly-aged peers who couldn't make a lifestyle transition when the signs were there, and some are paying serious consequences for it. I'm not as afraid of dying as much as I'm afraid of dealing with what they're going through (and certainly not at our age) and feeling nothing but regret.

And if I am struck with something that ultimately kills me, I don't want to be on my deathbed apologizing to my wife for never having the strength to turn it around. I'd rather her snicker at me in the morning when I'm strutting to the john (I sleep buff), or saying something like, "Good lord!" biggrin That'll put a smile on an older gents face and can only happen when one takes care of their aging body.

I just don't like anything that reeks of "acceptance" of something that you have control over or can change.

The sun is in the east
#4567801 - 05/09/21 11:05 AM Re: 24 hrs. after Pfizer #2... [Re: Nimits]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
Originally Posted by Nimits

Possibly; then we learn to accept that some people are going to die of COVID (and remember that we are all going to die of something, anyway), stop worrying about it, and go back to pre-pandemic life as normal.

And that is the attitude that got India is the mess it is in now.

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
#4567814 - 05/09/21 01:54 PM Re: 24 hrs. after Pfizer #2... [Re: MarkG]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Back from the track, listened to my first Rush marathon since NP died (mostly "Different Stages" concert, "Test For Echo" tour recording including entire Side-A of "2112"). And no aircraft fell on me. tuner

My inner Gunny is pleased.

The sun is in the east
#4567820 - 05/09/21 02:55 PM Re: 24 hrs. after Pfizer #2... [Re: KraziKanuK]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Originally Posted by KraziKanuK

Yeah, ok. India. Horrific over population; many, many millions living starving, sickly lives in squalor. Oh, and that wonderful caste system.

I think we can all agree that the Wuhan flu makes sick people sicker.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4567842 - 05/09/21 05:37 PM Re: 24 hrs. after Pfizer #2... [Re: MarkG]  
Herman Online content
Herman  Online Content

The Indian government reported about 4000 deaths yesterday, but there are claims by crematoria, cemetaries, and funeral homes that the number should be much higher.

India claimed that they had CoVid under control, but I think that they have been lying from the outset, like China. How can they have it under control when millions live like rats packed together in slums and the country cannot pay stay-at-home benefits? Those poor bastages live from hour-to-hour, much less day-to-day. They have to go to work or else starve.

ScenShare Guidelines :

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon community's #1 choice

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
#4567892 - 05/10/21 12:32 AM Re: 24 hrs. after Pfizer #2... [Re: KraziKanuK]  
Nimits Offline
Hotshot
Nimits  Offline
Hotshot

United States of America

India has ~170 deaths/million right now; most suspect that is way too low, but even if the real number is 10x higher, India would still be doing better than Hungary, Belgium, Italy, Brazil, Peru, the United Kingdom, and Poland, among others.

#4567894 - 05/10/21 12:44 AM Re: 24 hrs. after Pfizer #2... [Re: MarkG]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
What was it a couple of months ago?

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
#4567902 - 05/10/21 02:16 AM Re: 24 hrs. after Pfizer #2... [Re: KraziKanuK]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
What was it a couple of months ago?

March?

edit: and yep, I just won the internet for today. yep

Anybody want it? I darn sure don't.

Last edited by Nixer; 05/10/21 02:19 AM.

Censored

Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4567910 - 05/10/21 07:42 AM Re: 24 hrs. after Pfizer #2... [Re: MarkG]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
Fauci says face masks could become seasonal after Covid pandemic

[Linked Image]

WASHINGTON — White House chief medical advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci said Sunday that people may decide to wear masks during certain seasons when respiratory illnesses are more prevalent.

“I think people have gotten used to the fact that wearing masks, clearly if you look at the data it diminishes respiratory diseases, we’ve had practically a non-existent flu season this year merely because people were doing the kinds of public health things that were directed predominately against Covid-19,” Fauci said during an interview on NBC Sunday program “Meet the Press.”

“So it is conceivable that as we go on a year or two or more from now that during certain seasonal periods when you have respiratory borne viruses like the flu, people might actually elect to wear masks to diminish the likelihood that you’ll spread these respiratory borne diseases,” he added.

Fauci’s comments come less than a month after the Biden administration announced a relaxation of federal public health guidance on wearing masks outdoors.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that fully vaccinated people can exercise and attend small gatherings outside without wearing a face mask. The agency still recommends that fully vaccinated people wear a mask outdoors when in crowded areas.

“We are at the point right now where we can and start lifting these ordinances and allowing people to resume normal activity. Certainly, outdoors, we should not be putting limits on gatherings anymore and we should be encouraging people to go outside,” Dr. Scott Gottlieb told CBS Sunday program “Face the Nation.”

Gottlieb added that indoor public health measures should also be relaxed in states where coronavirus infections are low and vaccination rates are high.

“Covid won’t disappear, we are going to have to learn to live with it but the risks have substantially reduced as a result of vaccination and as a result of immunity that people have acquired through prior infection,” Gottlieb said.

As of Saturday, more than 45% of the U.S. population has received at least one vaccine dose, including 33.9% who have been fully vaccinated, according to CDC data.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/09/fau...ecome-seasonal-after-covid-pandemic.html

#4567927 - 05/10/21 11:21 AM Re: 24 hrs. after Pfizer #2... [Re: MarkG]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

MarkG,
Your comments match the last line of the post you quoted. biggrin a joke.... I am glad I inspired your planning for the future.

CH,
'people may decide to wear masks during certain seasons'
That is the beauty of living in a free society where people are free to make choices.

TPA who TWI
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.