Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 58 of 63 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 62 63
#4566469 - 04/29/21 08:18 AM Re: Wish List for WOFF ***** [Re: Bletchley]  
orbyxP Offline
orbyxP  Offline

Washington State
Originally Posted by Bletchley
Thanks orbyxp - I guess that is using JJJ65's mission editor. I will have a look at it when it is updated for BH&H2.

Yes, you certainly have the option of waiting for the ME which I regularly use to edit missions. However, you can also do it manually as well.

If you install the airfields MOD which contain the training airfields, then you're more than halfway done. After that, you get the latitude and longitude of each airfield from the global_layer.csv file and save it somewhere. Then when the pop-up appears to edit the mission, just enter the long/lat as takeoff and landing of your flight, Remove all waypoints between takeoff and landing, so you're just left with those two rows. Then remove ALL flights/waypoints from the mission file and just leave your sqd row. Then save and close.

And you're all set. you'll start at the training field and use the inflight map (and/or terrain) as a guide to your flight path. Then After you're done with a training, you can use the wonderful pilot log editor to edit your mission description or you can do that manually as well.

#4566590 - 04/30/21 05:33 AM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Bletchley Offline
Bletchley  Offline

Thanks orbyxP, I will have a go at that.

As a workaround I have already discovered that after direct enlistment with a Caudron escadrille you can use the non-operational missions (in the Defence Missions folder), edit these to display the text that you want (I replaced the English text with French) and replace the stock missions with this edited file. Fly as many solo training missions as you like and then switch back to stock when you have had enough. Saves having to edit files at the start of every mission. See First two entries of logbook for training missions.

But I will try your method now smile

B.

Attached Files Logbook.png
Last edited by Bletchley; 05/02/21 09:05 AM.
#4566916 - 05/02/21 09:06 AM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
This should be very doable.

When you are assigned scramble missions, or there are low flying enemy aircraft flying over your airfield, can we have the air raid siren going please?

You can hear it from 10000 feet up so I think the least we can have is the sirens going when they're actually needed.

It would certainly add to the immersion.

Cheers

Albert

"A great deal of an aeroplane could be holed without affecting its ability to fly. Wings and fuselage could be—and often were—pierced in 50 places, missing the occupants by inches (blissfully unaware of how close it had come until they returned to base). Then the sailmaker would carefully cover each hole with a square inch of Irish linen frayed at the edges and with a brushful of dope make our aircraft 'serviceable' again within an hour."
#4566925 - 05/02/21 12:52 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: orbyxP]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by orbyxP
Originally Posted by Bletchley
Thanks orbyxp - I guess that is using JJJ65's mission editor. I will have a look at it when it is updated for BH&H2.

Yes, you certainly have the option of waiting for the ME which I regularly use to edit missions. However, you can also do it manually as well.

If you install the airfields MOD which contain the training airfields, then you're more than halfway done. After that, you get the latitude and longitude of each airfield from the global_layer.csv file and save it somewhere. Then when the pop-up appears to edit the mission, just enter the long/lat as takeoff and landing of your flight, Remove all waypoints between takeoff and landing, so you're just left with those two rows. Then remove ALL flights/waypoints from the mission file and just leave your sqd row. Then save and close.

And you're all set. you'll start at the training field and use the inflight map (and/or terrain) as a guide to your flight path. Then After you're done with a training, you can use the wonderful pilot log editor to edit your mission description or you can do that manually as well.

Just finished making a training target field for Koln airfield.
Coming soon!

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4567718 - 05/08/21 02:32 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
dumbunny Offline
dumbunny  Offline

Riverside
Approval for transfer requests

Never mind, I give up. I'm done with WOFF.

Thanks to everybody who tried to help...just too many bugs and not enough time.
#4567747 - 05/08/21 08:01 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
trustworthykebab Offline
trustworthykebab  Offline

I'm genuinely unsuer if it's something already or not, but I was wondering if it was possible to implement "random" transfers (by random I mean not chosen by the player nor dependant on his preference). For example as new Jastas get created there might be a chance to be moved there. I'm not quite sure but I think something like that would be a tad hard to implement, but this suggestion is still here!

#4569433 - 05/21/21 07:07 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
AlbrechtKaseltzer Offline
AlbrechtKaseltzer  Offline

Belgian pilots/units:
adding these as a pilot option would finally fill out the Western Front, filling in some missing figures like Willy Coppens. as it is, it's kinda funny that the Western Front is so fleshed out, but missing Belgian units that were literally right there in Flanders.

you could do this by depending on aircraft models already available in game - plenty of Belgian pilots used Nieuports and SPAD's - and making it "complete" would really only take one additional model, the Hanriot HD1. (and you could even do without the HD1 if you didn't want to invest in the effort of creating an additional model).

in terms of squadrons, five did most of the work historically.

#4569435 - 05/21/21 07:22 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: trustworthykebab]  
NotRelevant Offline
NotRelevant  Offline

Originally Posted by trustworthykebab
I'm genuinely unsuer if it's something already or not, but I was wondering if it was possible to implement "random" transfers (by random I mean not chosen by the player nor dependant on his preference). For example as new Jastas get created there might be a chance to be moved there. I'm not quite sure but I think something like that would be a tad hard to implement, but this suggestion is still here!

That would've been nice, though I fear some people might get frustrated at their pilots being suddenly whisked away from where they want to be. Especially if they are specifically playing to be in a specific squadron.

"Those who survive a long time on the battlefield start to think they're invincible.
I bet you do, too, Buddy."
#4569439 - 05/21/21 07:42 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: NotRelevant]  
Hermani Offline
Hermani  Offline

Aalter, Belgium
Originally Posted by NotRelevant
Originally Posted by trustworthykebab

That would've been nice, though I fear some people might get frustrated at their pilots being suddenly whisked away from where they want to be. Especially if they are specifically playing to be in a specific squadron.

I remember in an ancient past while playing the original Red Baron game, if you progressed in your career you sometimes received an invite to join a particular squadron. You did have the option to decline the offer, so you weren’t obligated to join them if you didn’t want to.

#4569441 - 05/21/21 07:47 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: AlbrechtKaseltzer]  
Hermani Offline
Hermani  Offline

Aalter, Belgium
Originally Posted by AlbrechtKaseltzer
Belgian pilots/units:
adding these as a pilot option would finally fill out the Western Front, filling in some missing figures like Willy Coppens. as it is, it's kinda funny that the Western Front is so fleshed out, but missing Belgian units that were literally right there in Flanders.

you could do this by depending on aircraft models already available in game - plenty of Belgian pilots used Nieuports and SPAD's - and making it "complete" would really only take one additional model, the Hanriot HD1. (and you could even do without the HD1 if you didn't want to invest in the effort of creating an additional model).

in terms of squadrons, [url=http://www.theaerodrome.com/services/belgium/index.php]five did most of the work historically

As a Belgian living in Flanders, I can definitly support the idea to implement the Belgian Air Service.

Last edited by Hermani; 05/21/21 07:49 PM.
#4569488 - 05/22/21 09:59 AM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Hermani]  

Originally Posted by Hermani
Belgian pilots/units:

in terms of squadrons, [url=http://www.theaerodrome.com/services/belgium/index.php]five did most of the work historically

As a Belgian living in Flanders, I can definitly support the idea to implement the Belgian Air Service.

See, OBD? We've got consumer demand!

Ideally, I'd also LOVE to be able to fly on the eastern front (Russia v Germany v Austria-Hungary) or the southern front (Austria-Hungary v Italy)...but I get that setting up entirely new fronts, new maps, and three nationalities would be a steep order.

So adding Belgium to round out the western front seems like a relatively more reasonable feat to pull off!

#4569493 - 05/22/21 10:35 AM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Another definite "YES" from me! I've been asking for the addition of l'aviation militaire belge for years, and it's high time this scrappy little nation was properly represented in our wonderful sim.

EDIT: I just checked and it was over a decade ago that Olham and I created our "Belgian Skin Pack" and made it available. So it's been at least ten years that I've been wishing for this. C'mon OBD, I'm not a slacker, I've been doing the steps, gimme gimme gimme, I need I need I need, (to paraphrase Bob Wiley). biggrin

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4569495 - 05/22/21 11:08 AM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
Yes... I'd like to see Belgium represented.
I can get stuck into my rather large book ''The Belgian Air Service in The First World War'' for reference then smile

#4569497 - 05/22/21 11:23 AM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Indeed, Trooper. And isn't Walter Pieters' book just a wonderful one to get stuck into, eh. smile2

#4569511 - 05/22/21 01:37 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
It's a mammoth job of work for sure, and has to be the gold service for reference for WWI Belgian aviation.

#4569514 - 05/22/21 01:59 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Absolutely. All 722 pages of it.

#4569529 - 05/22/21 05:23 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
I remember learning something as soon as I opened the book, on the inside two pages there is the map of the Flanders region with an inset that gives all the old French name places in alphabetical order, followed by the now modern Flemish names... It also marks out all the Belgian airfields. biggrin

#4569541 - 05/22/21 07:34 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
vonBaur Offline
vonBaur  Offline

The Hanriot shouldn't be that hard to make, either. You probably wouldn't have to make it from scratch. As I recall, it was very similar to the early Nieuports in appearance. I would imagine similar performance, too. A few tweaks to the closest one should do it.

SALUTE TO ALL!
#4569542 - 05/22/21 07:55 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: vonBaur]  

Originally Posted by vonBaur
The Hanriot shouldn't be that hard to make, either. You probably wouldn't have to make it from scratch. As I recall, it was very similar to the early Nieuports in appearance. I would imagine similar performance, too. A few tweaks to the closest one should do it.

I've read that the Hanriot HD.1 drew heavily from early Sopwith designs like the Strutter - which Hanriot had previously built on license - though the Nieuport aesthetic is unmistakable on the Hanriot.

At ~115 mph, the Hanriot's somewhat faster than any Nieuport fighter save for the infamous Nieuport 28. That's what I get out of Windsock, but lemme know if there's other info out there.

So basically a Sopwith Strutter/Pup dressed up as a Nieuport, but somewhat faster.

#4569546 - 05/22/21 08:14 PM Re: Wish List for WOFF [Re: AlbrechtKaseltzer]  
trustworthykebab Offline
trustworthykebab  Offline

Originally Posted by vonBaur

I've read that the Hanriot HD.1 drew heavily from early Sopwith designs like the Strutter - which Hanriot had previously built on license - though the Nieuport aesthetic is unmistakable on the Hanriot.

At ~115 mph, the Hanriot's somewhat faster than any Nieuport fighter save for the infamous Nieuport 28. That's what I get out of Windsock, but lemme know if there's other info out there.

So basically a Sopwith Strutter/Pup dressed up as a Nieuport, but somewhat faster.

and extremely good looking biggrin

Page 58 of 63 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 62 63

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse