Finally, after reading these threads for YEARS, I finally have a contribution. A recently acquired Thrustmaster Attack Throttle looked like a very simple project to convert, and so I dove in successfully using a Pro Micro variant and MMJoy2.

Though I had no firsthand experience with ANY Arduino, I'd been reading about doing this for years (I have a huge stash of gameport gear) and when I saw these Pro Micro Breakout Boards, things just made sense. I like these boards over a regular Pro Micro because they have mounting holes (no need for a second breadboard or hot glue to attach things), use a Micro USB connector instead of a Mini USB connector, that connector is firmly attached with 4 anchors so it won't pull off easily, it has a reset button built in, and best of all, it has zillions of power and ground pins. Soldering them is tricky, but there's no need for breadboarding, and you can just crimp on Dupont female connectors to the wires coming from the stick and just attach them directly to the board like this . They're on eBay and AliExpress for about $7 each from China.

This throttle is simple: 1 pot in the base and 4 buttons and a 2-position switch in the handle, which are attached to a circuit board and wired via a 74HC165 shift register, which MMJoy2 supports. So it's just 3 wires from the pot, and 5 wires from the handle, which you can cut from the old connector, add female Dupont harnesses to, and then just connect to the Pro Micro Breakout Board like so. Of course, you can use A1-A5 for the pot if you'd rather.

Then, with MMjoy2, set things up like this on the Joystick axes tab and the Joysticks buttons tab . Pro Tip: When the throttle is connected buttons 07 and 08 always appear "pressed" and so the other buttons under the "Button 1" and "Button 2" table won't work right. So the solution is to unplug the throttle, click the "Save the sets to file" button, assign the throttle buttons to the Windows Button numbers, Save it to a file again, THEN plug in the Throttle, and the click the "Save sets to device" button to program the throttle.

Of course, you will need to calibrate things as suits your pot, and change your VID and PID as needed, and there's all the other MMJoy2 options to play with, but with just these settings, Windows sees a new 1-axis throttle with 6 buttons, ready to be assigned to your game. Next I'll be converting a few WCS Mk II throttles (my favorite!), some FLCS and F-22 sticks, maybe some TQS throttles, and maybe some CH Pedals.

I hope this helps anyone else looking to convert one of these simple but fun throttles.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]