Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4565691 - 04/23/21 01:00 PM Luftstreitkräfte - A quick guide for flying in the Imperial German Flying Corps  
OvStachel Offline
OvStachel  Offline

Long Island, NY
Hiya...

Just wanted to post a quick Wiki guide that's an easy read and will help those that wanted to try and fly for Germany in WWI. From the start of the WOFF (Back then just OFF) project, Shredder, Paarma, Makai and myself inclusive wanted to finally get things as close to historically accurate as possible for the German side in not only look, but naming, locations, and squadron designations. For those that have never flown for Germany, this will be a bit odd as there is no translation in WOFF, and some units have names that are specific to not only flying style, but field duty, and mission importance. Deep in the files of WOFF BH&HII lies the name changes of the original drome named KEK's over to their respective Jadgstaffel (Jasta) numbers... the forming of the JG's... the separations of Schlastas and Shustas, camo paint changes and of course... the seemingly endless changes of the national markings. Why did all this happen? Find out... WOFF BH&HII brings you not only the Home Defense Units and migrations of the RFC to the RAF... not only the vast numbers of French Escadrilles...but the history behind the creation of the German Air Force …. or the as we know it.. Luftstreitkräfte!

So have a read... and give it a try. You'll be surprised the level of detail you will encounter that we strived for.

Ja-Whol!!

OvS

Luftstreitkräfte

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luftstreitkr%C3%A4fte

PS.. no.. this may not be a propaganda push... never... not me... I wouldn't do that.. nope. winkngrin

Last edited by OvStachel; 04/23/21 01:06 PM.

The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!

I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton
#4565692 - 04/23/21 01:07 PM Re: Luftstreitkräfte - A quick guide for flying in the Imperial German Flying Corps [Re: OvStachel]  
AceMedic88 Offline
AceMedic88  Offline

Niagara Falls, NY
Thanks for the link. Definitely good information there and hopefully will pique my interest in that side of the lines

I got fired as the door man at a sperm bank.
Apparently it's in poor taste to tell leaving customers "Thanks for coming."

Former U.S. Army Medic - SGT.
#4565693 - 04/23/21 01:18 PM Re: Luftstreitkräfte - A quick guide for flying in the Imperial German Flying Corps [Re: OvStachel]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man

L'Etoile du Nord

Great stuff, OvS! And for those of you interested in what was involved in pilot training on the German side of things, (and in using this information to further enhance your already fantastic BHaH II experience), here is a link to a posting I made about 18 months ago: German Pilot Training in WWI

What propaganda? biggrin

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4565705 - 04/23/21 03:55 PM Re: Luftstreitkräfte - A quick guide for flying in the Imperial German Flying Corps [Re: OvStachel]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Brilliant stuff thanks OVS and Lou for the links..Love flying some of the German kites, the Jasta colours..the handling and manoeuvrability of some are brilliant the beautiful sleek designs ..those twin Spandau,s... ar15 smile

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4565824 - 04/24/21 12:51 PM Re: Luftstreitkräfte - A quick guide for flying in the Imperial German Flying Corps [Re: OvStachel]  
OvStachel Offline
OvStachel  Offline

Long Island, NY
Maybe this could be made a sticky?

The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!

I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM