Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4547403 - 12/06/20 07:05 PM Weird City Ground Textures  
R.Talbot Offline
R.Talbot  Offline

I saw someone else post some pic and the terrain looked way different than mine. Attached are pics of London. Any guesses? I removed all mods and it is still like this. Should i re-install fresh copy?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by R.Talbot; 12/06/20 07:05 PM.
#4547407 - 12/06/20 08:02 PM Re: Weird City Ground Textures [Re: R.Talbot]  
R.Talbot Offline
R.Talbot  Offline

So installed a clean backup copy on my second HDD only patched up to 5.04 with no mods installed over it. It seems like "city" textures are there but there are still black areas that "bleed" over as I move around. Attached is a video showing this. It is uploading as I write this post. I have downloaded and ran DX9 as per instructions.

https://youtu.be/1dSHBdmvzro

#4547408 - 12/06/20 08:05 PM Re: Weird City Ground Textures [Re: R.Talbot]  
R.Talbot Offline
R.Talbot  Offline

[Linked Image]

#4547422 - 12/06/20 10:26 PM Re: Weird City Ground Textures [Re: R.Talbot]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

If on an AMD vid. card, I recommend trying to load older driver versions. I am on ver. 17.x.x and have no flickering or oddities in WOFF. Tried the ver. 18.x.x drivers but noticed more flickering with those. Never bothered with the ver. 19.x.x or 20.x.x AMD drivers - might tinker with those eventually.

Other tips that might be of help: look over the recommended AMD vid. panel settings included about half-way down in my long “WOFF on a Mac” post (the vid. info. for Bootcamp settings - never mind the fact that you are not on a Mac - the same settings may be helpful).

Last point, and maybe also worth trying out: try loading and running a “video overlay” program (of any kind) while also running WOFF - this might eliminate those checkerboard terrain patterns. Had the same problem with my IL2-BoM install and was able to solve it, getting back normal terrains, by running an FPS overlay program simultaneously with that sim. Might be worth a shot with WOFF on your setup too. I’ve had good results with “FPSmonitor,” but other overlay programs may work similarly. FPSmonitor costs about 9-10 USD if you want to enable all options in it.

Von S smile2

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4547428 - 12/07/20 01:08 AM Re: Weird City Ground Textures [Re: R.Talbot]  
R.Talbot Offline
R.Talbot  Offline

I have tried all of the suggestions in you post, even edited the two files. No go. At this point i think I think I want to try a completely clean reinstall. What files do i need to back up for my pilots and controls? I have a radeon 5700XT and the oldest driver is 19.XX

Last edited by R.Talbot; 12/07/20 01:23 AM.
#4547435 - 12/07/20 01:56 AM Re: Weird City Ground Textures [Re: R.Talbot]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

If doing a fresh install/re-install, back up the following two files first (directory paths included):

C:\Users\Yourusername\AppData\Roaming\OBD_Games\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\WOFFKeys

C:\OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\campaigns\CampaignData\Pilots

First path is to your controls file, second path is to your Pilots folder (second path may vary slightly if you have WOFF installed on some other drive, sub-folder, etc.).

Von S smile2

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4547443 - 12/07/20 03:41 AM Re: Weird City Ground Textures [Re: R.Talbot]  
R.Talbot Offline
R.Talbot  Offline

No luck. Even reverted drivers as far back as they could go.

#4547444 - 12/07/20 03:51 AM Re: Weird City Ground Textures [Re: R.Talbot]  
kksnowbear Offline
kksnowbear  Offline

Yeah, the unfortunate reality is that using older drivers isn't really going to be an option for the (increasing) number of people with newer AMD cards. The 5700XT for example was only released in 2019, so it's very unlikely drivers 2 years older will work for a card that didn't exist when they were written (AND's driver versions' numbering scheme revolves around month and date; thus "17.6xx" is from June of 2017).

VonS, your cards, if I'm not mistaken are of 2012-2014 vintage, so the "older driver solution" would apply to you - but those are exceptionally rare cards. The newer 5000-series cards are much more common - and the 6000 series is now released. Although not many people have 6000s right now, that's going to change quickly I think - and unfortunately for WOFF (and WOTR I bet) it's going to more or less strand people who are beginning to see the AMD value/performance proposition and might otherwise be WOFF/WOTR customers.

I personally feel it would be best, given the circumstances, to openly let people know *before* they get into the sim and find these issues. I honestly don't see AMD working to correct it, and it may not be OBD's fault - but whose fault it is doesn't change anything. They'll just be disappointed when these issues occur (and I'm afraid they will occur, unless something changes). To say there are people using AMD cards now without these issues is not an accurate picture, I think. I think there are AMD users with older cards that can run older drivers and thus don't have these issues...but I also think that those with newer AMD cards - too new to run older drivers - are all going to have these issues.

As was mentioned a while back, AMD might change their drivers to correct this - but I'd be very surprised.

I just built a setup with a 5700XT card, but it's already had an interested buyer look at it...I considered testing this, because I also have Vega 56, RX-580, and RX-470 cards to swap in/out. I just haven't decided if I'm in a position to do it right now or not.

Anyhow, just my opinions on the situation, FWIW.

Last edited by kksnowbear; 06/17/22 02:14 PM.
#4547448 - 12/07/20 05:12 AM Re: Weird City Ground Textures [Re: kksnowbear]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Originally Posted by kksnowbear
VonS, your cards, if I'm not mistaken are of 2012-2014 vintage, so the "older driver solution" would apply to you - but those are exceptionally rare cards. The newer 5000-series cards are much more common - and the 6000 series is now released. Although not many people have 6000s right now, that's going to change quickly I think ...

Entirely correct KK, my FirePro D700 cards are from Jan. of 2014 (before the 5000 series came out...or were the very early 5000 series the consumer variant of the FirePros...don't remember now since Apple re-branding is often confusing and the D700s were marketed as "desktop workstation" cards that, as far as I know, have limited driver support for games, sims., etc., but I'm lucky that they work well with my limited number of sims.) - with the AMD "Bootcamp" drivers ver. 17.x.x loaded. Have done a light (via software) overclock of 100 MHz on each of the cards but otherwise they are running stock, and also I have the "Mac Fans Control" program loaded to keep component temperatures no higher than about 85°C.

The only other thing I can think of is that the original poster perhaps lower shadow settings in the in-sim menu for WOFF - to experiment with turning off terrain shadows entirely, and to reduce cloud density/shadows to a value no higher than about 3 (I remember that such settings used to help me out when I was still on the Ultimate Ed. of WOFF, to reduce terrain flickering, although I never experienced the checkerboard terrain pattern indicated in the pics. above).

Hopefully someone with a similar problem to the original poster (and solution) will see this thread and pitch in with further thoughts if necessary.

Von S

Last edited by VonS; 12/07/20 05:19 AM. Reason: Added info.

#4547615 - 12/08/20 12:17 AM Re: Weird City Ground Textures [Re: R.Talbot]  
R.Talbot Offline
R.Talbot  Offline

Well I sent a bug report to AMD, lol. That will get a fire started under their ass.

#4547780 - 12/09/20 04:35 AM Re: Weird City Ground Textures [Re: R.Talbot]  
R.Talbot Offline
R.Talbot  Offline

So now when I hit go to field CF3 has an error and it bounces me back to WOFF menu. Attached is error code. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times now. Even just loaded and updated UE. Still not working. Did the directX 9 and C++ things from the tool box several times. No luck.

So in my uninstalling-reinstalling-trying old drivers for video card-putting new drivers, I have broken something because it worked three days ago.

Attached Files Error.jpg
Last edited by R.Talbot; 12/09/20 04:42 AM.
#4547788 - 12/09/20 09:00 AM Re: Weird City Ground Textures [Re: R.Talbot]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

You might have to send your log files etc. to OBD eventually, regarding that error number (see the relevant section of their FAQ file for what to send and how to contact OBD). In the meantime, try these three things too (sometimes they resolve even unrelated errors):

a) run "BDPstamp.exe" (in the Toolbox folder)

b) run "CraftClone.exe" (in the same folder)

c) instead of selecting "go to field" for your flight (no matter the type, campaign, quick combat, etc.), select the box for "start in air" (if this pulls you through and the mission loads, then you can start the standard way by going to field next time)

Beyond that It might be necessary to re-install DirectX a couple of times, from the DX9Redist folder, to get things going - should the above, simpler three tips not work.

Von S

#4547795 - 12/09/20 10:48 AM Re: Weird City Ground Textures [Re: R.Talbot]  
MajorMagee Offline
MajorMagee  Offline

Dayton, OH
The last time I had an error like that it was a mismatch between my display settings and my native screen resolution. It seems like the latest nvidia drivers are doing something different with the Mode value assignments and it may be related to that. Did you update video drivers lately?

Service To The Line,
On The Line,
On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.
#4547833 - 12/09/20 05:44 PM Re: Weird City Ground Textures [Re: R.Talbot]  
R.Talbot Offline
R.Talbot  Offline

No luck with your methods VonS.

I'm gathering a bug report to send off per the instructions I found. Says to include the outcomes.xml file and that file is not there.

Last edited by R.Talbot; 12/09/20 05:44 PM.
#4547875 - 12/09/20 10:47 PM Re: Weird City Ground Textures [Re: R.Talbot]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by R.Talbot
No luck with your methods VonS.

I'm gathering a bug report to send off per the instructions I found. Says to include the outcomes.xml file and that file is not there.

outcomes is stored in the user\appdata\roaming\OBD_Games\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\ folder where the term user is your user name

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4547894 - 12/10/20 12:15 AM Re: Weird City Ground Textures [Re: R.Talbot]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Did you run the WOFFTOOLBOX utility to uninstall, as per item 17 of the FAQ?

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
#4547918 - 12/10/20 03:39 AM Re: Weird City Ground Textures [Re: R.Talbot]  
R.Talbot Offline
R.Talbot  Offline

Alright! got it working. Required full uninstall of all WOFF, restart, uninstall of all GPU drivers, restart, downloaded/installed new drivers for GPU, restart, and then went follow install guide for UE and then PE.

I then go to finally fly the DiD campaign AND.............. all flights cancelled on weather 48 hours lol

Thank you for all the help guys, support included.

(black textures are still there, that did not get fixed)

Last edited by R.Talbot; 12/10/20 03:39 AM.
#4564993 - 04/18/21 11:58 AM Re: Weird City Ground Textures [Re: kksnowbear]  
jnhoward Offline
jnhoward  Offline

somerset
Originally Posted by kksnowbear
Yeah, the unfortunate reality is that using older drivers isn't really going to be an option for the (increasing) number of people with newer AMD cards. The 5700XT for example was only released in 2019, so it's very unlikely drivers 2 years older will work for a card that didn't exist when they were written (AND's driver versions' numbering scheme revolves around month and date; thus "17.6xx" is from June of 2017).

VonS, your cards, if I'm not mistaken are of 2012-2014 vintage, so the "older driver solution" would apply to you - but those are exceptionally rare cards. The newer 5000-series cards are much more common - and the 6000 series is now released. Although not many people have 6000s right now, that's going to change quickly I think - and unfortunately for WOFF (and WOTR I bet) it's going to more or less strand people who are beginning to see the AMD value/performance proposition and might otherwise be WOFF/WOTR customers.

I personally feel it would be best, given the circumstances, to openly let people know *before* they get into the sim and find these issues. I honestly don't see AMD working to correct it, and it's not OBD's fault - but whose fault it is doesn't change anything. They'll just be disappointed when these issues occur (and I'm afraid they will occur, unless something changes). To say there are people using AMD cards now without these issues is not an accurate picture, I think. I think there are AMD users with older cards that can run older drivers and thus don't have these issues...but I also think that those with newer AMD cards - too new to run older drivers - are all going to have these issues.

As was mentioned a while back, AMD might change their drivers to correct this - but I'd be very surprised.

I just built a setup with a 5700XT card, but it's already had an interested buyer look at it...I considered testing this, because I also have Vega 56, RX-580, and RX-470 cards to swap in/out. I just haven't decided if I'm in a position to do it right now or not.

Anyhow, just my opinions on the situation, FWIW.

I also think there should be a warning to potential buyers about AMD's almost non compatibility with this game.
It took me 8 months of tweaking and YouTube trawling to get a steady 55fps, with PE.
I can't see how to get old drivers with my card.
The day H &H 2 came out I downloaded it. Not sure that was such a good idea now.
If you look in the small print on the store page it clearly says that they have improved the graphics [yes they have] and also improved the FPS [Bulls excrement they have].
If you are the owner of an AMD card, you can look forward to getting a dizzy average of 43 fps.
In the UK we might call this deception, because for an AMD owner, at best you are going to be very disappointed, 'almost not fit for purpose'.

So with the current level of support for AMD users, I would recommend NOT getting H & H2 until SOMEONE comes up with a fix for the Elephant in the room.
Or just advertise it non AMD !.

If I had not payed so much for what amounts to an update to an old game. I would go back to 'PE', and maybe I will. That or Flying Circus..
IS there ANYONE out there getting a constant 60 FPS + with AMD ???????.
I have, Ryzen 5 3600x, Tomahawk 450 pro m/board, RX 5700 XT red dragon GPU, 500 SSD, 2tb HD, 2x8gb corsair vengeance LPX 3600MHz C18 ram sticks, water cooled and corsair 650 w power.
I've got a quarter of my desktop full of CPU programs & benchmark stuff that makes no difference, or quite often a green screen crash.
I have overclocked it underclocked it, played with memory timings, opened up the CPU banks to100%, and tried it all at default.
I even played the game with workshop settings, all at 1 or 0 and at lowest res'. just the same as all 5s & high res'.
But I DID get an extra 4FPS by moving the game from hard disk to SSD.

I hope someone is getting acceptable FPS with a similar setup.
PLEASE could you share your settings.
HELP !.

Thanks..

#4564997 - 04/18/21 12:36 PM Re: Weird City Ground Textures [Re: R.Talbot]  
Panama Red Offline
Panama Red  Offline

Irmo, SC, USA
From the OBD website:

Recommended System:
To run WOFF at high settings, a higher CPU Mhz speed and good CPU cache performance as found on later CPUs is highly recommended. Multi-core will only help speed slightly as it will help only background processes. Intel 3.6+GHz CPU or higher - preferably later generations Intel 7th, 8th and above.Nvidia Graphics card, 780GTX or above, preferably 1070 GTX series or above with over 2GB VIDEO RAM or preferably more -for full new graphics features in WOFF BH&H II.Currently we do not recommend ATI graphics cards.PC with WINDOWS 7 or 10 (64 Bit)Windows 8, 8.1, 10 (all 64 Bit) are fine (Windows 10 needs the latest WOFF updates installed)8GB RAM or higherYou must also be a full Admin user.

A PC Joystick Optional rudder pedals can help immersion and control.Direct X 9 must be installed. See the WOFF BH&H II FAQ section 4 (available above).Naturalpoint's TrackIR head tracking hardware (or similar) very recommended to allow full immersion when looking around in virtual cockpit easily. We do have a mouse look facility for in the virtual cockpit for those who do not want to use head tracking. We recommend you close all possible background tasks, set AV scanners to exclude WOFF folders and files, and close other tasks that can take away from your CPU / HD usage.

CPU = i9 11900K
GPU = RTX 3080 Ti
Monitor = ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQX 2160p G-sync
#4565004 - 04/18/21 01:47 PM Re: Weird City Ground Textures [Re: R.Talbot]  
R.Talbot Offline
R.Talbot  Offline

My fps is great. It's nice and smooth with BHAHII basic with no mods. The terrain bug is still there but with all the other features of the game, I can easily look past that. Overall it's a great game and I really enjoy it and I've never regretted any purchase (other than the AMD GPU!) If there were any nvidia cards out there to buy, I'd be swapping over immediately.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.