Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#4564675 - 04/16/21 08:06 PM Re: Blackhawk Cockpit Mod - issue reports [Re: messyhead]  
AndyB Offline
AndyB  Offline

Ayrshire, Scotland
Hi Messyhead,

I installed your blackhawk cockpit and this time around it worked for me. I don't know what was wrong the last time.

Took it for a free flight around the Poland map and it handles well. Was not able to read some of the gauges easily in the standard view, but they all seem to work. Love the texture on the canopy windows (makes them look dirty !!!).

One thing I did notice was that when firing off chaff and flares, when they reach zero they jump back up to full. It may be something you did for testing.

It is a beautiful model from outside as well. Keep up the great work young man !!!!!!!!!!

BTW I only have 1.16.0 installed and it worked fine.

Cheers,

Andy

PS Like FouCha, I tried to get in to coding in C (have done stuff in Pascal, Basic and a bit of C++ in the past) a while ago. The code itself was fine, but what killed it for me was how all the sections come together. Any projects I've been involved in were pretty simple and basically were in a few folders. With EECH there are a massive amount of folders with lots of files in them. I couldn't follow the flow. Maybe it's just me getting too old for this #%&*$# ............

Last edited by messyhead; 04/24/21 11:45 AM.

Andy's simpit: http://www.simpit.me.uk
#4564775 - 04/17/21 06:17 AM Re: Blackhawk Cockpit Mod - issue reports [Re: messyhead]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
Lovely.

I did get a freeze a couple times:

ASSERT default_mfd_mode !=mfd_mode
And then the address:
D:\blackhawk-1-16-1\aphavoc\source\gunships\avionics\blackhawk\bh_mfd.c8530

Is that address even valid? All my EECH stuff is on C. Hardcoded lookup?

Your IAS gauge is not accurate, the flight director computer screen is frozen/wrong, can't see the rotors or the weapons from the cockpit, and there's a nifty thing with shift k where I can get the copilot main MFD to show transparently in my HMD that's kinda neat.

Last edited by Reticuli; 04/24/21 04:12 AM.

The term "necroposting" was invented by a person with no social memory beyond a year. People with a similar hangup are those o.k. with the internet being transient vapor.

http://www.openfuelstandard.org/2011/12/methanol-wins-open-wager.html

Saitek X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick
#4564950 - 04/18/21 03:43 AM Re: Blackhawk Cockpit Mod - issue reports [Re: Reticuli]  
messyhead Offline
messyhead  Offline

Originally Posted by Reticuli
Lovely.

I did get a freeze a couple times:

ASSERT default_mfd_mode !=mfd_mode
And then the address:
D:\blackhawk-1-16-1\aphavoc\source\gunships\avionics\blackhawk\bh_mfd.c8530

Is that address even valid?

Yeah, could you raise an issue in github, and include the debug log, and what you were doing when you got it? It would be useful to know which MFD was the previous one when you got the error.

Your IAS gauge is not accurate

I know. All the instruments need checked, it's mentioned in the work in progress. I learned a more accurate way to calculate the needle movement after I first did them.

the flight director computer screen is frozen/wrong

Which screen?

can't see the rotors or the weapons from the cockpit

I'd forgot about those, I'll add it to the list. Although I'm not sure if the weapons can be added to show the load out.

and there's a nifty thing with shift k where I can get the copilot main MFD to show transparently in my HMD that's kinda neat.

That doesn't sound intentional. Can you add an issue for that with a screenshot?

#4564967 - 04/18/21 08:47 AM Re: Blackhawk Cockpit Mod - issue reports [Re: AndyB]  
messyhead Offline
messyhead  Offline

Originally Posted by AndyB
Hi Messyhead,

I installed your blackhawk cockpit and this time around it worked for me. I don't know what was wrong the last time.

Took it for a free flight around the Poland map and it handles well. Was not able to read some of the gauges easily in the standard view, but they all seem to work. Love the texture on the canopy windows (makes them look dirty !!!).

One thing I did notice was that when firing off chaff and flares, when they reach zero they jump back up to full. It may be something you did for testing.

It is a beautiful model from outside as well. Keep up the great work young man !!!!!!!!!!

BTW I only have 1.16.0 installed and it worked fine.

Cheers,

Andy

PS Like FouCha, I tried to get in to coding in C (have done stuff in Pascal, Basic and a bit of C++ in the past) a while ago. The code itself was fine, but what killed it for me was how all the sections come together. Any projects I've been involved in were pretty simple and basically were in a few folders. With EECH there are a massive amount of folders with lots of files in them. I couldn't follow the flow. Maybe it's just me getting too old for this #%&*$# ............

Thanks for your comments.

I think the chaff/flare thing happens in free flight if you have infinite ammo enabled. Was that the settings you used?

I might try and scale up some the flight display and some of the font sizes to make them easier to read.

I'm going to use Rapota's model when I finish the release, as he had added even more detail. But I need to fix some lod issues with it first. I've also got new engine startup sounds to use.

One thing I should have mentioned is doing the realistic engine startup, as the engine MFD in this mode is pretty cool.

#4564973 - 04/18/21 10:38 AM Re: Blackhawk Cockpit Mod - issue reports [Re: messyhead]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
BANITA
Unregistered

In windows glass surface you did exclude from vstack,and doublesided. For what doubleside on window glass itis visible?? And what doing exclude in eech?

Last edited by BANITA; 04/18/21 10:40 AM.
#4564976 - 04/18/21 10:44 AM Re: Blackhawk Cockpit Mod - issue reports [Re: messyhead]  
AndyB Offline
AndyB  Offline

Ayrshire, Scotland
Hi Messyhead,

Yup, it was infinite ammo enabled. Sorry, I should have realised.

I didn't try the realistic engine start but I sure as hell will now. Love doing it in the Comanche.

Keep up the great work.

Andy

#4564982 - 04/18/21 10:57 AM Re: Blackhawk Cockpit Mod - issue reports [Re: ]  
messyhead Offline
messyhead  Offline

Originally Posted by BANITA
In windows glass surface you did exclude from vstack,and doublesided. For what doubleside on window glass itis visible?? And what doing exclude in eech?

What are you referring to? I'm not sure what your comment is about.

#4564986 - 04/18/21 11:03 AM Re: Blackhawk Cockpit Mod - issue reports [Re: Reticuli]  
messyhead Offline
messyhead  Offline

and there's a nifty thing with shift k where I can get the copilot main MFD to show transparently in my HMD that's kinda neat.

I looked into this, and it's not desired behaviour. It's being caused as the helmet mounted sight (HMS) transparency texture uses the same texture reference as the MFD. It's an annoying one to solve though, as there's a finite number of textures that can be used, and I think I'm at my limit. I'll need to work out how to add more textures. It seems simple enough, but every time I've tried it, the new texture reference isn't picked up.

#4564988 - 04/18/21 11:11 AM Re: Blackhawk Cockpit Mod - issue reports [Re: messyhead]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
BANITA
Unregistered

Its curiosity wink i loaded your cockpit in lightawve and saw glass scratches texture doublesided . And dont know what effect doing doubleside scratch texture on window? And the same with exclude,you enable this option in window glass. What effect doing exclude in eech?

Last edited by BANITA; 04/18/21 11:12 AM.
#4564989 - 04/18/21 11:26 AM Re: Blackhawk Cockpit Mod - issue reports [Re: ]  
messyhead Offline
messyhead  Offline

Originally Posted by BANITA
Its curiosity wink i loaded your cockpit in lightawve and saw glass scratches texture doublesided . And dont know what effect doing doubleside scratch texture on window? And the same with exclude,you enable this option in window glass. What effect doing exclude in eech?

To be honest, I'm not sure. Sockzien made the cockpit frame model, or at least he sent me it, so not sure where it came from (that's why some surface names and textures are in Polish). The window scratch texture was already there.

#4565060 - 04/18/21 08:16 PM Re: Blackhawk Cockpit Mod - issue reports [Re: messyhead]  
AndyB Offline
AndyB  Offline

Ayrshire, Scotland
Hi Messyhead,

I tried the manual engine start as you suggested - love the guages !!!

One small point I noticed.
Before APU start all is quiet. When you start APU you immediately get full rotor sound. External view shows rotors stationary.

Only a small thing in the scheme of things but wanted to let you know.

Also, it may be my system, but when I try to run the debug version, when I get to click to go to cockpit I get a crash to desktop.

Cheers,

Andy

#4565068 - 04/18/21 08:58 PM Re: Blackhawk Cockpit Mod - issue reports [Re: AndyB]  
messyhead Offline
messyhead  Offline

Hi Messyhead,

I tried the manual engine start as you suggested - love the guages !!!

One small point I noticed.
Before APU start all is quiet. When you start APU you immediately get full rotor sound. External view shows rotors stationary.

Yeah, the current sounds are a bit crap. I bought a full set of sounds recorded from the real apu and engine startup, but I've not got round to implementing them yet.

#4565069 - 04/18/21 09:02 PM Re: Blackhawk Cockpit Mod - issue reports [Re: AndyB]  
messyhead Offline
messyhead  Offline

Also, it may be my system, but when I try to run the debug version, when I get to click to go to cockpit I get a crash to desktop.

Cheers,

Andy

Can you send the debug.log?

#4565077 - 04/18/21 10:11 PM Re: Blackhawk Cockpit Mod - issue reports [Re: messyhead]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA
Originally Posted by messyhead

I looked into this, and it's not desired behaviour. It's being caused as the helmet mounted sight (HMS) transparency texture uses the same texture reference as the MFD. It's an annoying one to solve though, as there's a finite number of textures that can be used, and I think I'm at my limit. I'll need to work out how to add more textures. It seems simple enough, but every time I've tried it, the new texture reference isn't picked up.

It is more useful than that HMD tint, at least.

The term "necroposting" was invented by a person with no social memory beyond a year. People with a similar hangup are those o.k. with the internet being transient vapor.

Saitek X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

#4565088 - 04/18/21 11:09 PM Re: Blackhawk Cockpit Mod - issue reports [Re: Reticuli]  
messyhead Offline
messyhead  Offline

Well I'm probably about to disable the tint to fix the issue. I'm not sure what the tint is used for anyway.

#4565127 - 04/19/21 09:51 AM Re: Blackhawk Cockpit Mod - issue reports [Re: messyhead]  
AndyB Offline
AndyB  Offline

Ayrshire, Scotland
Hi Messyhead,

Have attached the debug log (debug.txt) as requested.

Hope it helps.

Andy

Attached Files
DEBUG.TXT (129 downloads)

#4565177 - 04/19/21 06:26 PM Re: Blackhawk Cockpit Mod - issue reports [Re: messyhead]  
Reticuli Offline
Reticuli  Offline

Dayton, OH, USA

Well I'm probably about to disable the tint to fix the issue. I'm not sure what the tint is used for anyway.

To increase readability. I wouldn't disable the tint entirely just to get rid of it. Your accident is kind of great, and the tint usually isn't on by default and can be dimmed or turned off, anyway. Putting the ASE or whatever it is in the HMD's been a lifesaver... literally... at least as much as you can say that in a sim. Maybe what we really need is the ability to put mini mfds in each lower corner even inside the cockpit view. Hard to choose between the no-cockpit view with those and the cockpit view, sometimes.

Last edited by Reticuli; 04/19/21 06:28 PM.

#4565180 - 04/19/21 06:41 PM Re: Blackhawk Cockpit Mod - issue reports [Re: messyhead]  
AndyB Offline
AndyB  Offline

Ayrshire, Scotland
HI Messyhead,

Changing MFD - some keys don't work.

] - main MFD next display ----------------------OK
[ - main MFD previous display ----------------OK
Left CTRL + ] - toggle main MFD on/off ----OK

Right CTRL + ] - top MFD next display -----------------NOTHING HAPPENS
Right CTRL + [ - bottom MFD next display ------------NOTHING HAPPENS
Left ALT + ] - top MFD on/off -------------------OK
Right ALT + [ - bottom MFD on/off _______OK

THE ABOVE ONLY HAPPENS IN cohokum-BH.exe If started with DEBUG-BH.exe they work as described.

Also, If Export MFD is enabled the main MFD is exported properly, but if you hit F3 key you get a CTD. Hitting F4 key does nothing. If not exporting then they work fine.

cheers,

Andy

Last edited by AndyB; 04/19/21 06:58 PM.

#4565258 - 04/20/21 08:18 AM Re: Blackhawk Cockpit Mod - issue reports [Re: AndyB]  
messyhead Offline
messyhead  Offline

HI Messyhead,

Changing MFD - some keys don't work.

] - main MFD next display ----------------------OK
[ - main MFD previous display ----------------OK
Left CTRL + ] - toggle main MFD on/off ----OK

Right CTRL + ] - top MFD next display -----------------NOTHING HAPPENS
Right CTRL + [ - bottom MFD next display ------------NOTHING HAPPENS
Left ALT + ] - top MFD on/off -------------------OK
Right ALT + [ - bottom MFD on/off _______OK

THE ABOVE ONLY HAPPENS IN cohokum-BH.exe If started with DEBUG-BH.exe they work as described.

Ok, thanks. I'll check the build.

Also, If Export MFD is enabled the main MFD is exported properly, but if you hit F3 key you get a CTD. Hitting F4 key does nothing. If not exporting then they work fine.

cheers,

Andy

Does F3/F4 work ok in other cockpits with export enabled?

#4565318 - 04/20/21 08:45 PM Re: Blackhawk Cockpit Mod - issue reports [Re: messyhead]  
AndyB Offline
AndyB  Offline

Ayrshire, Scotland
Hi Messyhead,

The F3/F4 thing works fine in the Comanche and Apache cockpits running your cohokum-BH.exe file

Other strange thing i noticed:

When running your exe, the exported MFD images are half the height of when they are exported in the normal exe (squashed vertically). This is true of Apache and Comanche, but the Blackhawk seems OK. Could it be to do with the shape of the in cockpit MFD ? Both Comanche and Apache are square, where the Blackhawk looks more rectangular.

Sorry, just keep giving you more work.

Cheers,

Andy

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.