Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
#4570775 - 06/02/21 11:16 PM Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
RossUK Online cowboy
RossUK  Online Cowboy

Eastbourne, UK
Blade, if your post was serious, then..... Thank you.

These pilots are not seeing birds or balloons. Though a couple of keyboard warriors on this site know better than them.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4570782 - 06/03/21 01:18 AM Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified [Re: RossUK]  
Nimits Offline
Hotshot
Nimits  Offline
Hotshot

United States of America
Originally Posted by RossUK

These pilots are not seeing birds or balloons. Though a couple of keyboard warriors on this site know better than them.

Pilots, even fighter pilots, are just normal people with (sometimes) slightly better eyesight and reflexes, that know how to operate the controls of an airplane. They are, on average, no more (or less) adapt at discriminating what is a potentially alien UFO than anybody else.

#4570784 - 06/03/21 02:14 AM Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified [Re: Nimits]  
Nixer Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Nixer  Offline
Scaliwag and Survivor
Veteran

Living with the Trees
Originally Posted by Nimits

Pilots, even fighter pilots, are just normal people with (sometimes) slightly better eyesight and reflexes, that know how to operate the controls of an airplane. They are, on average, no more (or less) adapt at discriminating what is a potentially alien UFO than anybody else.

Do you have ANY real statistics to back that statement up with? Anything...

As just an old and non current pilot, who has known, flown with, and/or gotten seriously drunk with more than few pilots...airline pilots, fighter jocks, crazy loach pilots shot down a couple of times in Laos (miss ya Frank), B-24 100 mission pilots (Thanks COL Jack), USAF hot fighter jocks who spent more than eight years as a guest of the charming NVA (thanks for letting me drive your Porsche Larry), and I totally disagree with that statement. The nature of flying culls the less adept, and just flying ANY aircraft makes you look at things in the sky differently. I really have a hard time imagining career Navy carrier pilots, do you have any idea what a dangerous occupation that is, failing to distinguish a freakin flock of freakin seagulls from some kind of powered vehicle, that lack of SA would have culled them years ago, either dead or taken off flying status.

You don't fly jets off an aircraft carrier for many years without serious Situational Awareness. Those guys are no doubt pretty adept at knowing a seagull from a WTF_PWN_BBQ flying thing.

Censored

Look for me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Tic Toc...or anywhere you may frequent, besides SimHq, on the Global Scam Net. Aka, the internet.
I am not there, never have been or ever will be, but the fruitless search may be more gratifying then the "content" you might otherwise be exposed to.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
Phineas Taylor Barnum

#4570791 - 06/03/21 05:54 AM Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
DM Offline
DM  Offline

Prague
Some people need to remember that the earth is round, and that things that fly over the horizon disappear from view, not hit the water :/

Anyone can see something they don't understand at first, anyone. Pilots might be more savvy than your average Joe but they're stull subject to it. It's not even limited to pilots, any expert in any field regularly sees stuff related to their field that they don't understand at first.

If the video of narrators being astonished at some hot object flying over the horizon is the standard of proof, then I think we're OK as far as being imminently invaded by Mars or Russians or time travelers.

Last edited by DM; 06/03/21 05:56 AM.

"They might look the same, but they don't taste the same."
#4570857 - 06/03/21 05:28 PM Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified [Re: DM]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
Originally Posted by DM
Some people need to remember that the earth is round, and that things that fly over the horizon disappear from view, not hit the water :/

Anyone can see something they don't understand at first, anyone. Pilots might be more savvy than your average Joe but they're stull subject to it. It's not even limited to pilots, any expert in any field regularly sees stuff related to their field that they don't understand at first.

If the video of narrators being astonished at some hot object flying over the horizon is the standard of proof, then I think we're OK as far as being imminently invaded by Mars or Russians or time travelers.

did you not see my video of RADAR CONTACTS tracked by the navy that simply disapeared ? do you think it went beyond the horizon and the radar missed it ? FFS !
you think a FLEET is going to mistake seagulls for a unknown contact and track it for one hour when its going by 300 km/h ? that is the fastest seagull ever.

#4570898 - 06/04/21 12:29 AM Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified [Re: Blade_RJ]  
DM Offline
DM  Offline

Prague
Originally Posted by Blade_RJ
did you not see my video of RADAR CONTACTS tracked by the navy that simply disapeared ? do you think it went beyond the horizon and the radar missed it ? FFS !

Radar contacts appear & disappear all the time, for all kinds of reasons. Effective correlation circuits are always an ongoing development.

you think a FLEET is going to mistake seagulls for a unknown contact and track it for one hour when its going by 300 km/h ? that is the fastest seagull ever.

The clip I saw, the laughter & joviality of the operators made it clear that they were tracking something trivial. Like a duck. The clip I saw, the relative velocity doesn't make the duck very fast, only fast if the aircraft were stationary. The duck looks fast in the footage because it's very small, and the sea behind it is exaggerated because of the field of view on the camera. The distance to the duck and the aircraft altitude and the camera angle are not inconsistent with duck probability. These details can be seen on the HUD, where they aren't (possibly) redacted anyway.

Sometimes a duck is a duck, not an alien.

#4570901 - 06/04/21 12:39 AM Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified [Re: Nixer]  
Nimits Offline
Hotshot
Nimits  Offline
Hotshot

United States of America
Originally Posted by Nixer
Originally Posted by Nimits

Do you have ANY real statistics to back that statement up with? Anything...

Only many years of personal experience and decades of aviation accident history.

Am curious what statistics would be relevant either way to assess the accuracy of pilots identifying UFOs, though . . .

Last edited by Nimits; 06/04/21 12:41 AM.
#4570919 - 06/04/21 05:26 AM Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified [Re: DM]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
Originally Posted by DM

Radar contacts appear & disappear all the time, for all kinds of reasons. Effective correlation circuits are always an ongoing development.

The clip I saw, the laughter & joviality of the operators made it clear that they were tracking something trivial. Like a duck. The clip I saw, the relative velocity doesn't make the duck very fast, only fast if the aircraft were stationary. The duck looks fast in the footage because it's very small, and the sea behind it is exaggerated because of the field of view on the camera. The distance to the duck and the aircraft altitude and the camera angle are not inconsistent with duck probability. These details can be seen on the HUD, where they aren't (possibly) redacted anyway.

Sometimes a duck is a duck, not an alien.

so you ignored the video i posted on the last page, i see.

#4570923 - 06/04/21 06:51 AM Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified [Re: Blade_RJ]  
DM Offline
DM  Offline

Prague

I saw it, but I didn't see anything compelling. Without the layered context of a UFO sighting it sounded more like operator training. Some still images, some video of a hot object flying over the horizon. Am I expected to believe the hot object hit the water exactly on the horizon? That's not the most obvious explanation.

It suffers from what all the other videos suffer from - simply a lack of clarity, always a fuzzy IR footage that can have an easy explanation, but presented as if it does not. Showing IR footage alongside radar screen footage as though they are connected, when it is not obvious that they even are. With cameras everywhere, with every adult owning one right in their pocket, still the only evidence is fuzzy IR and choppy radar footage. That's just what I see, I can't make myself see something that isn't there.

Why is there even radar screen footage from a military ship? Isn't that stuff restricted? The primary reason for filming something like that in the first place is for training AAR, which is what it sounded like.

Last edited by DM; 06/04/21 07:27 AM.

#4570927 - 06/04/21 07:41 AM Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

Hey. The free range eggs I got from Walmart the other day I have no evidence they are really free range.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/03/politics/intelligence-officials-navy-pilot-ufo-encounters/index.html

#4570929 - 06/04/21 07:56 AM Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
The evidence is growing. Interesting stuff.

#4570942 - 06/04/21 11:58 AM Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified [Re: Blade_RJ]  
TerribleTwo Offline
Hotshot
TerribleTwo  Offline
Hotshot

Originally Posted by TerribleTwo

I see F-18's and seagulls. Plain as day.

So you think the might american navy would waste their time tracking seagulls ?

I think the US Military isnt going to reveal their modern technology.

"College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters and wondering when they can move out and get going with life" - Paul Ryan
#4570950 - 06/04/21 02:36 PM Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Not a duck, not a seagull. Claiming so is just straight up trolling.
Probably Chinese tech.

#4570958 - 06/04/21 03:09 PM Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
RossUK Online cowboy
RossUK  Online Cowboy

Eastbourne, UK
Trolling OR fear. Probably both.

#4570964 - 06/04/21 03:31 PM Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified [Re: RossUK]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Trolling OR fear. Probably both.

True.

#4570983 - 06/04/21 04:43 PM Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified [Re: DM]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
Originally Posted by DM

I saw it, but I didn't see anything compelling. Without the layered context of a UFO sighting it sounded more like operator training. Some still images, some video of a hot object flying over the horizon. Am I expected to believe the hot object hit the water exactly on the horizon? That's not the most obvious explanation.

It suffers from what all the other videos suffer from - simply a lack of clarity, always a fuzzy IR footage that can have an easy explanation, but presented as if it does not. Showing IR footage alongside radar screen footage as though they are connected, when it is not obvious that they even are. With cameras everywhere, with every adult owning one right in their pocket, still the only evidence is fuzzy IR and choppy radar footage. That's just what I see, I can't make myself see something that isn't there.

Why is there even radar screen footage from a military ship? Isn't that stuff restricted? The primary reason for filming something like that in the first place is for training AAR, which is what it sounded like.

so you didnt watch the video you just skip past it, the video that you claim to be training,leaked from official investigation that is going to the congress, the sensitive military stuff is blurred, nothing new, even gulf war footage still has hidden azimuth and heading of apache footage.
who has cameras everywhere ? survailance cameras look DOWN, no one carries digicams anymore, cellphones cameras use auto focus for close objects, and most people are taking pictures of themselves. But there are quite a few unanswered footage of unknown lights that gets captured on home survailance cams, specially those in more rural areas, since they tend to point more to horizon than down.

#4570985 - 06/04/21 04:46 PM Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified [Re: TerribleTwo]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Blade_RJ  Offline
Hotshot

brasil
Originally Posted by TerribleTwo

I think the US Military isnt going to reveal their modern technology.

reveal their modern tech ? you mean https://www.reddit.com/r/BirdsArentReal/
its out there already https://www.audubon.org/news/are-bi...nes-so-says-new-conspiracy-theory-making
Are Birds Actually Government-Issued Drones? So Says a New Conspiracy Theory Making Waves (and Money)

Last edited by Blade_RJ; 06/04/21 04:47 PM.
#4570986 - 06/04/21 04:48 PM Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
This thread entered "X-Files territory" a long time ago. wink

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4570989 - 06/04/21 05:27 PM Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
RossUK Online cowboy
RossUK  Online Cowboy

Eastbourne, UK
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

This will be my last visit to this thread due to the level of absurdity and stupidity reaching an unbearable level.

And yet, you come back to post sarcastic remarks?

#4570990 - 06/04/21 05:31 PM Re: UFO footage from USS Russell - declassified [Re: RossUK]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA

This will be my last visit to this thread due to the level of absurdity and stupidity reaching an unbearable level.

And yet, you come back to post sarcastic remarks?

Yes. I felt it was quite apropos at this juncture.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.