Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4564152 - 04/13/21 08:50 PM Digging in with a new aerodrome mod to see what's changed in BHaH II  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Greetings All,

Well it didn't take long flying about in the fantastic new and improved WOFF before I just had to start poking around to see what all might be different when it comes to building modded aerodromes. Apart from the upcoming "customizable player's field" which is not implement as of yet, (at least not from what I can see), the biggest change is the enhanced landscape textures. There's also a slight change to how field extension facilities are named and where they need to be located in the files, but apart from that it looks like business as usual. So, I figured the quickest way to really get a handle on it all was to simply dive right in and build a new mod from scratch for BHaH II. And as my DID pilot, as well as Epower's, are both currently in need of a more appropriate version of these digs, what better place to start than with the three Bertangles aerodromes. In for a penny in for a pound I say! After some preliminary planning and mucking around on Sunday, (having been out and about for most of the weekend with the fam), I really got going on it all yesterday morning and put in three hours, and added about seven more hours today. I now have the basics hammered out and running.

Looking north from the Somme over the three new fields: Poulainville, Bertangles West, and Bertangles East.
[Linked Image]

All three fields have tested well so far in their new locations on the map and in their close proximity with each other. Out of twelve tests taking off and landing from the three different fields the AI only got confused once and landed at an adjacent field rather than their own. Still lots and lots to do, but so far so good.

Cheers!

Lou

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4564155 - 04/13/21 09:02 PM Re: Digging in with a new aerodrome mod to see what's changed in BHaH II [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Great stuff Lou, I see Roberts also made some alterations to the Consolidated airfield mod, I’m hoping (assuming) you may add the 3 airfields to that mod?
I truly appreciate both yours, Roberts ..in fact Any modder who makes OBD,S sims even better. I’m just hanging off re adding the airfield mod at the minute I think il personally wait until all the fields have been “upgraded” using BHaH II,s landscape.

Hope you find some time to fly between modding mate, thank you again.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4564156 - 04/13/21 09:08 PM Re: Digging in with a new aerodrome mod to see what's changed in BHaH II [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
Great work Lou... will be looking forward to seeing your creation in game!

#4564158 - 04/13/21 09:13 PM Re: Digging in with a new aerodrome mod to see what's changed in BHaH II [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
trustworthykebab Offline
trustworthykebab  Offline

Sweet job as always. Can't wait for this one!

#4564170 - 04/13/21 09:56 PM Re: Digging in with a new aerodrome mod to see what's changed in BHaH II [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
J5_Lehmann Offline
J5_Lehmann  Offline

Nice work as usual, Louvert!

#4564177 - 04/13/21 10:59 PM Re: Digging in with a new aerodrome mod to see what's changed in BHaH II [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Online smile
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Online Smile
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Ah, taking care of your own needs first I see (New Airfield for your DiD pilot)!!
Now don't forget to fix your old airfields because the rest of us need them!! biggrin

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4564183 - 04/13/21 11:30 PM Re: Digging in with a new aerodrome mod to see what's changed in BHaH II [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Hee hee, yup, that's it Robert. biggrin

Now then, you know, (better than most), why I've not finished nor released any of my last seven aerodromes. I did not want to have to make all those custom terrain tiles twice. As example, on this one mod alone I will need to create thirty unique terrain tiles to cover the six separate facilities for all four seasons. And that's just one drome on my list of those that need to be either completed or updated:

Bertangles
Conteville
Vert Galand
La Lovie
Bailleul
Estrée-Blanche
Belfort
St. Omer
Bray Dunes
Boistrancourt
Farnborough

yikes

#4564187 - 04/14/21 12:27 AM Re: Digging in with a new aerodrome mod to see what's changed in BHaH II [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Oh I know Lou! I just couldn't resist the poke!!

Actually the workload wouldn't be so bad if you hadn't been so prolific!!

Cheers

(System_Specs)

#4564188 - 04/14/21 12:46 AM Re: Digging in with a new aerodrome mod to see what's changed in BHaH II [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
orbyxP Offline
orbyxP  Offline

Washington State
thumbsup

#4564210 - 04/14/21 08:42 AM Re: Digging in with a new aerodrome mod to see what's changed in BHaH II [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
J5_Lehmann Offline
J5_Lehmann  Offline

Originally Posted by RAF_Louvert

Now then, you know, (better than most), why I've not finished nor released any of my last seven aerodromes. I did not want to have to make all those custom terrain tiles twice. As example, on this one mod alone I will need to create thirty unique terrain tiles to cover the six separate facilities for all four seasons. And that's just one drome on my list of those that need to be either completed or updated:

Bertangles
Conteville
Vert Galand
La Lovie
Bailleul
Estrée-Blanche
Belfort
St. Omer
Bray Dunes
Boistrancourt
Farnborough

yikes

No need to do all of them good man! Just sort out Boistrancourt for the Jasta 5 boys and Bob's your uncle. All those other dromes are overrated. Who needs'em. I'm also not partial to J5 at all.
scuseme exitstageleft

Last edited by J5_Lehmann; 04/14/21 08:44 AM.
#4564215 - 04/14/21 09:55 AM Re: Digging in with a new aerodrome mod to see what's changed in BHaH II [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

You're funny Lehmann. biggrin Soooo, just Boistrancourt then and I can call it good. That is a time saver.

#4564220 - 04/14/21 11:05 AM Re: Digging in with a new aerodrome mod to see what's changed in BHaH II [Re: J5_Lehmann]  
OvStachel Offline
OvStachel  Offline

Long Island, NY
Originally Posted by J5_Lehmann

Bertangles
Conteville
Vert Galand
La Lovie
Bailleul
Estrée-Blanche
Belfort
St. Omer
Bray Dunes
Boistrancourt
Farnborough

yikes

No need to do all of them good man! Just sort out Boistrancourt for the Jasta 5 boys and Bob's your uncle. All those other dromes are overrated. Who needs'em. I'm also not partial to J5 at all.
scuseme exitstageleft

I'm totally on board with this... please properly furnish and decorate the interior of the Chalet. We intend to host many dinner parties and award ceremonies. Thank you... hahaha

The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!

I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton
#4564223 - 04/14/21 12:12 PM Re: Digging in with a new aerodrome mod to see what's changed in BHaH II [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

LOL! No surprise that you'd be in favor of this idea, OvS. That's it! Get out of my shop, no drome for either of you!

[Linked Image]

#4564246 - 04/14/21 05:05 PM Re: Digging in with a new aerodrome mod to see what's changed in BHaH II [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
OvStachel Offline
OvStachel  Offline

Long Island, NY

LOL! No surprise that you'd be in favor of this idea, OvS. That's it! Get out of my shop, no drome for either of you!

[Linked Image]

LMFAO!! That's classic! Very well played!!

The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!

I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton
#4564433 - 04/15/21 05:26 PM Re: Digging in with a new aerodrome mod to see what's changed in BHaH II [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Bertangles West is starting to look fairly messy which, when we're talking about combat-ready WWI aerodromes, is exactly what we want to see. Now if I can get Bert East and Poulainville up to the same degree of untidiness we'll be getting close to having a proper looking complex.

[Linked Image]

So many aerodromes, so little time.

Attached Files BHaH II Bertangles test 005.jpg
#4564434 - 04/15/21 05:28 PM Re: Digging in with a new aerodrome mod to see what's changed in BHaH II [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
AceMedic88 Offline
AceMedic88  Offline

Niagara Falls, NY
Gah! I love it. Every time you post an update picture my heart rate skyrockets. This is fantastic.

I got fired as the door man at a sperm bank.
Apparently it's in poor taste to tell leaving customers "Thanks for coming."

Former U.S. Army Medic - SGT.
#4564441 - 04/15/21 05:54 PM Re: Digging in with a new aerodrome mod to see what's changed in BHaH II [Re: OvStachel]  
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by OvStachel
Originally Posted by J5_Lehmann

Bertangles
Conteville
Vert Galand
La Lovie
Bailleul
Estrée-Blanche
Belfort
St. Omer
Bray Dunes
Boistrancourt
Farnborough

yikes

scuseme exitstageleft

I'm totally on board with this... please properly furnish and decorate the interior of the Chalet. We intend to host many dinner parties and award ceremonies. Thank you... hahaha

Gee OV, I'm dumbfounded that you didn't ask for a well stocked Wine cellar in the cChateau!! Oh well, seems Lou put the kibosh on it anyway!!

(System_Specs)

#4564526 - 04/16/21 03:41 AM Re: Digging in with a new aerodrome mod to see what's changed in BHaH II [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
J5_Lehmann Offline
J5_Lehmann  Offline

[Linked Image]

hahaha Classic! You guys are awesome!

OvS, it is good to know that you're still kicking. Your Hell's Angels Superpatch for RB3D gave me LITERALLY HUNDREDS of hours of the best fun I've ever had on a PC. Hard to believe that it has been the better part of 20 years since those days!

RAF_Louvert, thank you so much for your good work as well. Boistrancourt in digital world-land has always felt like a home of sorts. Try as I might, I cannot seem to shake the green paint and red trim off of my devil tail. I may fly for other units on occasion, but it seems that Jagdstaffel 5 will always have my heart.

It is good to 'see' you both again.

From my old RB3D chat macro....
~SALUTE!~ (No one expects the Lehmann Inquisition!)

Last edited by J5_Lehmann; 04/16/21 03:42 AM.
#4564613 - 04/16/21 04:15 PM Re: Digging in with a new aerodrome mod to see what's changed in BHaH II [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Good to 'see' you as well Lehmann. And it kind of boggles the mind doesn't it, that it's been nearly two decades since the Halcyon Days of RB3D. And what a legacy its generated, eh? Who could have imagined then that we would be here now with this gem called BHaH II. The only too bad about it all is that there isn't an online MMP version of it where we could host some of those epic tournaments we used to way back when. But then I suppose we'd also have to sort out new security and safeguards in order to try and avoid the inevitable calls of "hack" and "cheat" that we had to contend with on occasion back then as well. Speaking of which, I wonder whatever happened to Neobaron?

#4565400 - 04/21/21 12:15 PM Re: Digging in with a new aerodrome mod to see what's changed in BHaH II [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Spring yard work and other RL commitments have not allowed me much time to work on this, but I've made some headway. I have it pulled into the surrounding landscape a good fair bit now and have the six terrain tiles looking more as they should. I'll keep chipping away at it as time allows.

[Linked Image]

Cheers!

Attached Files BHaH II Bertangles test 006.jpg
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again