Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 243 of 384 1 2 241 242 243 244 245 383 384
#4563834 - 04/11/21 08:47 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? *** [Re: Chucky]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

Originally Posted by Chucky
Those are some pretty poor reviews for Kung Fu.

I'm not familiar with CW,is that a network?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_CW

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4563883 - 04/12/21 06:40 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

Had a giant headache my eyes hurt after done watching this obstreperous brutal horrible movie: Extreme Prejudice https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092997/

&

The food that built America, 10th episode: Swanson dinners.

https://play.history.com/shows/the-food-that-built-america/season-2/episode-10

Yummy! I love Swanson! my Favorite are

https://www.hungry-man.com/#hungry-man-dinners

#4563888 - 04/12/21 07:50 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

Swanson invented the frozen dinners and market it as TV dinner for 98 cents each.

Stouffer was a fine dining restaurant owner who sold frozen version of his menu items to his customers who wanted to experience the same meals at home. Stouffer recognized the future of microwave in early 1960 and he bought one for $25,000 to perfect frozen meals that were microwaveable. The microwave at the time weight 700 lbs.

Then a defense contractor came to Stouffer and offered him a partnership to invent a microwave that could be used in homes for $500. In 1969 the first home microwave and microwaveable frozen meals were introduced to America by Swanson and it's partner Litton Industries.

Stouffer is now the top seller of frozen meals selling over $500 million per year. The frozen food industry is $200 billion per year industry worldwide and frozen foods are consumed 23 millions times a day in America.

#4563905 - 04/12/21 10:58 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: NoFlyBoy]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
this obstreperous brutal horrible movie:

Someone has been busy using an online thesaurus so they can seem intelligent.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4563906 - 04/12/21 11:00 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: Chucky]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Chucky
T
I'm not familiar with CW,is that a network?

It started off as the UPN network in the 1990's and then became "CW" sometime in the early 2000's. They almost exclusively air shows for the high school/college demographic.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4563922 - 04/12/21 01:16 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
wormfood Online content
wormfood  Online Content

Texas
Finished both seasons of Kingdom on Netflix. It's a good show in a unique setting. It's got a conspiracy, bad guys scheming, and one truly villainous character.

#4563923 - 04/12/21 01:31 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wormfood]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by wormfood
Finished both seasons of Kingdom on Netflix. It's a good show in a unique setting. It's got a conspiracy, bad guys scheming, and one truly villainous character.

Was it pretty easy to follow what was going on while reading subtitles?

#4563950 - 04/12/21 04:32 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
wormfood Online content
wormfood  Online Content

Texas
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

Was it pretty easy to follow what was going on while reading subtitles?

For me, it defaulted to english dubs. They're not the best, but I just rolled with it. I have several family members that watched it with subtitles and they had no problems following it with subtitles on.

There were plans for a 3rd season. Apparently each season took over a year to make and it was a bit expensive. Add to that production problems with COVID and it may not happen.
For the most part the second season wrapped up everything and it's only the last several minutes of the last episode that opened the door for another season.

#4563970 - 04/12/21 06:38 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
I saw two movies this weekend:

1) "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" -- Ever pick a movie and say to yourself, "Hot #%&*$#, this is gonna be a great movie!" Then you sit down to watch, dim the lights, turn the hi fi up, have perfectly buttered popcorn and a warm blanket. Everything is nice. Then an hour into the movie, you start to nod off and realize that you've been duped? This was such a film. What we have here is a movie that was unnecessarily opaque, that skips back and forth through time for no useful reason, and has no narrator to mend everything together in a cohesive, gripping form. The film made sense, I could follow things, but the method of presentation detracted from the whole. Sadly, I must rate this accordingly, and only award ** out of ****. Tell a story with characters that are interesting--don't do things for show, or try to be "smart" for smartness' sake.

2) "Lake Placid" -- I watched because I wanted to see Bridget Fonda in a movie, who is nice to watch. Yes, this was a cheesy movie, yes, it has Bill Pullman whom I'm not fond of, and yes... it has a crazy lady played by a pirate mouth Betty White who feeds pet crocodiles. I enjoyed this film. It was fun, had good cohesive flow, and characters you weren't ambiguous to. This was a much better, lower rent movie than "Tinker Tailor," so I award ** 1/2 out of ****. I want to give it three stars, but the cheese was thick, and I know I could watch it more than once, if not, many times, but let's be real--this isn't a work of art, it is a popcorn slasher fest where the croc is the slasher and the human hunters are the dumb college kids in cabins. I suppose it has earned those three stars for entertainment value alone. No, I didn't fall asleep, unlike snoozy spy film.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 04/12/21 06:40 PM.
#4563971 - 04/12/21 06:47 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I have not seen either the original series of TTSS starring Alec Guinness or the film adaptation starring Gary Oldman. I am however curious to watch both of them since I am a casual fan of the spy genre.

"Lake Placid" is one of those movies that you just simply have to take it for what it is. It's a movie where you leave your brain at the door and you just kick back and laugh at the absurdity that occurs. It is pure popcorn entertainment. Speaking of Bill Pullman, that guy has freaking done every genre under the sun. He's starred in a David Lynch, Mel Brooks and Roland Emmerich film! Heck, just those three films alone make him amazingly versatile. biggrin

#4563976 - 04/12/21 07:05 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
TTSS needed a series. The movie wasn't enough. I know the original novel was written in a similar manner as the film was presented, but frankly, I'm a follower of Hemingway's style, although I do enjoy stream of consciousness such as Faulkner uses. He's far more comprehensible than say James Joyce and that novel of his "Ulysses." Perhaps TTSS was written in stream of consciousness? Of so, that'd make some sense--however, if so, then there should have been a narrator in the film speaking as such, similar to Paul Atreides in Lynch's adaptation of "Dune."

#4563980 - 04/12/21 07:09 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
TTSS needed a series. The movie wasn't enough. I know the original novel was written in a similar manner as the film was presented, but frankly, I'm a follower of Hemingway's style, although I do enjoy stream of consciousness such as Faulkner uses. He's far more comprehensible than say James Joyce and that novel of his "Ulysses." Perhaps TTSS was written in stream of consciousness? Of so, that'd make some sense--however, if so, then there should have been a narrator in the film speaking as such, similar to Paul Atreides in Lynch's adaptation of "Dune."

What I can tell you with certainty is that everyone I know who has seen both the 70's mini-series and the film is that all of them preferred the series by a wide margin.

#4564005 - 04/12/21 09:59 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
carrick58 Offline
Hotshot
carrick58  Offline
Hotshot

I had a choice of News, Hallmark or Fifty Shades of Gray. I watched the Interview part of the film It made me agreed with what someone else wrote about the film The film rolls She starts the Interview asks if hes Gay. He says Yes " Roll the Credits End of Film. " I have been watching the News or walking the dog since .

#4564048 - 04/13/21 04:55 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
Nimits Offline
Hotshot
Nimits  Offline
Hotshot

United States of America

1) "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" -- Ever pick a movie and say to yourself, "Hot #%&*$#, this is gonna be a great movie!" Then you sit down to watch, dim the lights, turn the hi fi up, have perfectly buttered popcorn and a warm blanket. Everything is nice. Then an hour into the movie, you start to nod off and realize that you've been duped? This was such a film. What we have here is a movie that was unnecessarily opaque, that skips back and forth through time for no useful reason, and has no narrator to mend everything together in a cohesive, gripping form. The film made sense, I could follow things, but the method of presentation detracted from the whole. Sadly, I must rate this accordingly, and only award ** out of ****. Tell a story with characters that are interesting--don't do things for show, or try to be "smart" for smartness' sake.

My thoughts exactly when I saw it in the theater. It should have been a great movie . . . ended up being, if not a complete waste of time, than at least a movie that I am unlikely to see again.

#4564050 - 04/13/21 05:47 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

This on You Tube

#4564062 - 04/13/21 10:32 AM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: Nimits]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Nimits

My thoughts exactly when I saw it in the theater. It should have been a great movie . . . ended up being, if not a complete waste of time, than at least a movie that I am unlikely to see again.

My impression is that TTSS is one of those film adaptations that was completely unnecessary from a creative perspective.

#4564093 - 04/13/21 03:49 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wormfood]  
NoFlyBoy Offline
Hotshot
NoFlyBoy  Offline
Hotshot

Watched the first few episodes of Kingdom on Netlix.

Here's the trailer

You liked that Korean series, try this, I am on 2nd episode. Excellent!

https://www.netflix.com/title/81095101

This is also on Netflix. Great Korean film!

#4564247 - 04/14/21 05:06 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
oldgrognard Online content
Administrator
oldgrognard  Online Content
Administrator
Lifer

USA
Watched Ford V Ferrari last night. I really liked it. Well done and I thought the acting was very good. The clutching and shifting shots done to try to show acceleration were off, but otherwise people wouldn’t get that something was happening. Story moved along and had an interesting plot.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#4564249 - 04/14/21 05:14 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
"Ford V Ferrari" is on my "must watch" list but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. The last auto racing-themed film I saw which I thought was really outstanding is "Rush".

#4564250 - 04/14/21 05:15 PM Re: What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw? [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
LB4LB Offline
Still lurking about
LB4LB  Offline
Still lurking about
Hotshot

Detroit Burbs
I'm not a real big movie guy, but I thought Ford V Ferrari was a really good one too. The Highwaymen was a really good movie too. Starring Woody Harrelson and Kevin Costner, it didn't seem to get much attention. It actually told the story of Bonnie and Clyde from the Texas Ranger's side (not sure how historically accurate it really was.

Last edited by LB4LB; 04/14/21 05:15 PM.
Page 243 of 384 1 2 241 242 243 244 245 383 384

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.