Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#4563658 - 04/10/21 08:53 PM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: Rugbyfan1972]  
NotRelevant Offline
NotRelevant  Offline

Originally Posted by Rugbyfan1972
Originally Posted by JJJ65
Albatros 2 seater variants? Did I miss anything?

Well spotted, I normally don't post when I have had a few drinks. It is hopeful thinking on my part, I would like to see albatross 2 seaters in the sim, my eyes miss read avaitik BI & BII as albatross BI & BII.

Hopefully OBD release an add-on which consists of 3 or 4 early war 2 seaters, along with another add-on for the HP series of bombers.

Yeah, some more two seaters and Entente bombers would be nice I reckon.

"Those who survive a long time on the battlefield start to think they're invincible.
I bet you do, too, Buddy."
#4563659 - 04/10/21 09:07 PM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: Albert Tross]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Originally Posted by Albert Tross
Originally Posted by Adger
........Do you think that those of us that have purchased are stupid enough not to know what we are paying for?

Deceive customers?? Absolute nonsense........

........But don’t come on here telling me I’m “part of the business”

All this talk of us being brainwashed or lemming-like reminded me of something mate. biggrin

Haha good old Brian "were all different"...Im Not biggrin

Originally Posted by BuckeyeBob
I don't think I need to pile on any further onto Asam--many other people have already offered some very fine counterpoints to his arguments.

However, as I was thinking about one thing that Asam said, that we must all be part of the business, I realized that he is correct, but not quite in the sense he means. What I mean is that most of us might be considered to be part of the OBD family, but not just because of our fondness for this sim. Instead, it is because so many of the improvements in WOFF that have taken place over the years has been due to input from us, its fans. Indeed, several third-party mods have been directly incorporated into the sim by the devs and have helped make WOFF what it is today. Maybe this is just good business practice, but if it were, why don't more businesses do it? This makes WOFF and OBD unique in this regard and worth supporting, IMHO.

I admit that the price-tag did cause me some initial hesitation. I am but a humble part-time college adjunct Instructor, and money is very, very tight. Furthermore, as I get older, I am having more and more difficulty seeing items on my monitor and I doubt I will be able to do much flying. Still, I think my investment is worth it, not only because of the dramatic improvements to the sim, but also because it will enable OBD to continue to improve BHaH2 and WOTR, at least until they become rich enough to license the Unreal engine and REALLY dazzle us. Also, it should be noted that Winder and Pol had to give up most of their full-time jobs in order to devote as much time as possible to WOFF. They have never been a big time game developer. I don't think you can even call them a studio. No offense, gents!

In the end, the decision to purchase BHaH2 is a highly personal decision. I think I made the right choice, your opinion may differ!

Excellent post IMO Bob, and i agree to some it's a fair amount of cash, i certainly understand the hesitation if money's tight. Gaming can at times be a bloody expensive hobby

Me personally id try put a bit away each week until i had enough then purchase. And in the meantime id fly PE..and allow others to purchase and fly BHaH II until i could afford or until i wanted to do so. Do glasses help with seeing on your monitor mate or any chance of a bigger Monitor?

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4563663 - 04/10/21 09:30 PM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: Adger]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Excellent post IMO Bob, and i agree to some it's a fair amount of cash, i certainly understand the hesitation if money's tight. Gaming can at times be a bloody expensive hobby

Me personally id try put a bit away each week until i had enough then purchase. And in the meantime id fly PE..and allow others to purchase and fly BHaH II until i could afford or until i wanted to do so. Do glasses help with seeing on your monitor mate or any chance of a bigger Monitor?

Of top of that, flight-simming may be the most expensive type of computer game! Why couldn't I get obsessed with CandyCrush instead?

Just ordered new glasses, mate! Yeah, my wallet took quite a hit this week, what with BHaH2 and two pairs (everyday and computer) of new glasses. Next step is a new monitor, but will have to rub lots of pennies together for that!

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”
#4563664 - 04/10/21 09:37 PM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: Dornil]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Haha Candy crush if i ever hear that tune from my missus's ipad again explode biggrin

Yep your right flight simming can be an expensive business..Joystick,Track IR (Or alternative), wow yep your wallet certainly has been hit, fingers crossed you can get a decent monitor for a good price mate

We will remember them.
#4563673 - 04/10/21 10:35 PM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: Dornil]  
LtCasey Offline
LtCasey  Offline

Darmstadt, Germany
Candy crush tunes are brilliant compared to my Ladies bee brilliant obsession.😂

Dont know how much money I've spend for flight simming, but isnt it a sweet feeling to unpack a new Stick or throttle and fly it for the First time?
-Buckeye- enjoy saving up for a new Monitor! I upgraded this year from 26' to 32' curved and it was all worth the effort!

Last edited by LtCasey; 04/10/21 10:38 PM.

"What the hell do I care, I know I got them!" Raul Lufberry

AMD Guy! Ryzen 5 3600, 5700xt, 32gb RAM, 2x nvsme Samsung 250gb (system) 500gb (Game) +100gb Backup Corsair ssd. Watercooled. Win 10 64bit.
#4563674 - 04/10/21 10:56 PM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: Dornil]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Haha i haven't had the pleasure yet of Bee brilliant Lt Casey , but if i can fly Bees in cockpit mode then im in pilot hahaha

I still get a buzz from opening new Hardware, Going Off topic a bit (apologies in advance) but what id give to be able to have a big boxed version of sims again like the Microprose ones of old. Manuals,keycharts keyboard overlays
Imagine BHaH II..boxed with a massive manual containing details of craft ect.. mate id pay a small fortune for that.

We will remember them.
#4563808 - 04/11/21 05:38 PM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: Adger]  
LtCasey Offline
LtCasey  Offline

Darmstadt, Germany
Haha i haven't had the pleasure yet of Bee brilliant Lt Casey , but if i can fly Bees in cockpit mode then im in pilot hahaha

I still get a buzz from opening new Hardware, Going Off topic a bit (apologies in advance) but what id give to be able to have a big boxed version of sims again like the Microprose ones of old. Manuals,keycharts keyboard overlays
Imagine BHaH II..boxed with a massive manual containing details of craft ect.. mate id pay a small fortune for that.

Im in for that! Absolutely! To hell with pricing policy! Back in the C64 days, I have made my own overlays. Oh sweet remenberance.

Last edited by LtCasey; 04/11/21 05:40 PM.

"What the hell do I care, I know I got them!" Raul Lufberry

AMD Guy! Ryzen 5 3600, 5700xt, 32gb RAM, 2x nvsme Samsung 250gb (system) 500gb (Game) +100gb Backup Corsair ssd. Watercooled. Win 10 64bit.
#4563861 - 04/12/21 12:14 AM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: Dornil]  
Boom Offline
Boom  Offline

Culcairn
Gotta say I too wish for modern Sims to be in the traditional boxes. Although can appreciate the reasons why that day has passed.

I still have all my old flight sims in their original boxes - EAW, MiG Alley, Sabre Ace, CFS1/2/3, MS Flight Sim 10, Il-2 Sturmovik, Rowan's Battle Of Britain, B-17 The Mighty Eighth and Red Baron II. Even kept an old XP computer to be able to fly them.

Treasured games.

"Somewhere out there is page 6!"
"But Emillo you promised ....... it's postpone"
ASWWIAH Member
#4563871 - 04/12/21 01:23 AM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: Dornil]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
winkngrin

S!Blade<><

[Linked Image]

Attached Files IMG_20210411_210942433a.jpg
Last edited by Blade_Meister; 04/12/21 01:23 AM.
#4563875 - 04/12/21 01:52 AM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: Dornil]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Pips and Blade;

Now that view would rival Louverts library for impact alone!

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4563894 - 04/12/21 08:34 AM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: Blade_Meister]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Originally Posted by LtCasey

Im in for that! Absolutely! To hell with pricing policy! Back in the C64 days, I have made my own overlays. Oh sweet remenberance.

Great days mate, great titles.

Originally Posted by PipsPriller
Gotta say I too wish for modern Sims to be in the traditional boxes. Although can appreciate the reasons why that day has passed.

I still have all my old flight sims in their original boxes - EAW, MiG Alley, Sabre Ace, CFS1/2/3, MS Flight Sim 10, Il-2 Sturmovik, Rowan's Battle Of Britain, B-17 The Mighty Eighth and Red Baron II. Even kept an old XP computer to be able to fly them.

Treasured games.

Impressive titles you’ve kept Pips, I sincerely wish I’d kept a lot of mine, house moves over the years and they mostly seem to have disappeared

Originally Posted by Blade_Meister
winkngrin

S!Blade<><

[Linked Image]

That’s a great collection Blade, wow brilliant mate..fwiw I’ve got the Original boxes and manuals of Falcon 4 B 17 the mighty 8th, CFS3, C64,s Gunship and Airborne Ranger., Silent Hunter 4 with manuals and a sew on patch and maps etc..Witcher 2 big boxed version World in conflict with supposedly a piece of the Berlin Wall (I kid you not) biggrin I’d have to go in the spare room and root through I’ve definitely got some gems lurking in there somewhere.

We will remember them.
#4564021 - 04/13/21 12:42 AM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: olddog]  
Combs Offline
Combs  Offline

Originally Posted by olddog
It is ok if you are working and have a good income, myself I am 77 and on state pension I have supported WOFF from the beginning but now this is beyond me so I will just stick to what I have.

I did put up a post asking the cost in the UK and it turned out it is £52.00 at the end of the day my wife and I need the heating more than I need BHAH 11.

Thank you Dornil for asking the question, now I am going to put the cat amongst the pigeons after all is not BHAH 11 just a revamped basic 20th century flight sim ok a very good one.

Old Dog-If you still want the game, but can't afford it, I'll offer to put up half the cost for you on the condition you post a mission report for your first flight here on the forum. PM me if you are interested, and we'll work out the details.

Last edited by Combs; 04/13/21 12:43 AM.

No man commands safely unless he has learned well how to obey.
#4564025 - 04/13/21 01:28 AM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: Dornil]  
Boom Offline
Boom  Offline

Culcairn
I hate being upstaged Blade! smile

Attached Files Sims.jpg

"Somewhere out there is page 6!"
"But Emillo you promised ....... it's postpone"
ASWWIAH Member
#4564026 - 04/13/21 01:41 AM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: Blade_Meister]  
OvStachel Offline
OvStachel  Offline

Long Island, NY
I spy "Vietcong"!! That was a great game! Loved it!

The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!

I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton
#4564029 - 04/13/21 02:09 AM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: Boom]  
Blade_Meister Offline
Blade_Meister  Offline

Atlanta, GA, USA
Originally Posted by PipsPriller
I hate being upstaged Blade! smile

Nobody is trying to upstage anyone Sir, but honestly, you don't want to go here with me. hahaha This is a small sampling of what sits behind me in a stack, quick accessibility flights sims, just in case my current offerings are not quenching my thirst. yep I just pulled out 21 more flight sims from 1 side of the computer armoire that you see in the pic from my previous post. rolleyes If need be, I will dig into the other side for some real old school flight sims, but I would rather not as it scares me as to what I might find on the other side. exitstageleft
This might be a good topic for a new thread, 'Show us your game stash!

Originally Posted by OvStachel
I spy "Vietcong"!! That was a great game! Loved it!

Remember 'Purple Haze'? A great addition to Vietcong. I loved playing online. It was a tough SP sim though, but a lot of fun as you said. yep

That’s a great collection Blade, wow brilliant mate..fwiw I’ve got the Original boxes and manuals of Falcon 4 B 17 the mighty 8th, CFS3, C64,s Gunship and Airborne Ranger., Silent Hunter 4 with manuals and a sew on patch and maps etc..Witcher 2 big boxed version World in conflict with supposedly a piece of the Berlin Wall (I kid you not) biggrin I’d have to go in the spare room and root through I’ve definitely got some gems lurking in there somewhere.

Nice collection Adger. I have a ton of games, LOL. I have dog tags from Red Orchetra and probably every paper manual that came with every one of my games. Have been Jonsing for some old old school 'Medal of Honor, Pacific Assault'. I just saw it in the stack, I may have to load it up and see how it plays on the new rig.

S!Blade<><

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached Files 1aa.jpg2aa.jpg
Last edited by Blade_Meister; 04/13/21 02:30 AM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM