Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#4563425 - 04/09/21 05:30 PM Pricing policy...  
Dornil Offline
Dornil  Offline

I will probably regret this, but I cannot help but ask: is everyone OK with this?
I mean, I personally was well prepared to pay 25-30$ for another "expansion pack" as I did for UE and PE, but 60$ for a game that I essentially already have, it is just a bit over the top.
Some might say that the price of the heavily truncated Flying Circus was more or less the same, but 1C did provide a discount for RoF owners back then.
There sure is a number of nice new features there, but no - not at a price of a full game, which is twice as high as that of WotR. Maybe someday... Although OBD Software is not known for frequent discounts:(

#4563432 - 04/09/21 05:46 PM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: Dornil]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Personally? I’m fine with it and I’ve owned everything OBD have ever done. Imo it’s not an expansion pack it’s like a brand new sim.

It’s got wayyyy more content than WOTR, EA release Fifa, Madden ect every single year, charge a fortune for it with very little changes (I know my lad has it). In fact in a World Cup year they release 2 versions of Fifa. Il put it like this..The new Spitfire (1 plane only that’s all you get) for MSFS 2020 is around $26 that’s right $26 for a single plane..BHaH II has New FMs,DM..scenery, skins 80 flyables?? Plus so much more.imo it’s worth $60 and then some.

Only you Dornil know what it’s personally worth, there’s nothing wrong with UE/PE. You could fly that version for many years..For me though BHAH II is worth every penny, I’d never go back to PE and that was also an incredible sim but this version?? It’s Absolutely outstanding mate.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4563442 - 04/09/21 06:11 PM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: Dornil]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Originally Posted by Dornil
I will probably regret this, but I cannot help but ask: is everyone OK with this?
I mean, I personally was well prepared to pay 25-30$ for another "expansion pack" as I did for UE and PE, but 60$ for a game that I essentially already have, it is just a bit over the top.
Some might say that the price of the heavily truncated Flying Circus was more or less the same, but 1C did provide a discount for RoF owners back then.
There sure is a number of nice new features there, but no - not at a price of a full game, which is twice as high as that of WotR. Maybe someday... Although OBD Software is not known for frequent discounts:(

Yes, 1C did provide a discount. Down from $80 to $70, if I remember correctly when I got it. $70 for fewer planes (10) and less maps (1) than owners had in the previous version, RoF.

By contrast, OBD is charging $60 - (thats $10 less even with the discount for those keeping score) than what 1C charged and it has ALL the Features, planes and maps that the previous iteration had plus 80 or so more new things added or improved. So by my math, I paid $70 to get fewer planes and maps for FC and $60 to get all the same planes (but upgraded) plus tons of other new Features in BHaH II.

TL;DNR
Without a discount, OBD is charging $10 less and giving way more Features and Improvements without losing ANY content or planes. 1C charged more and drastically reduced the amount of actual content in their newest version.

Someone check my math on that, please?

Last edited by Hellshade; 04/09/21 06:30 PM.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4563449 - 04/09/21 06:35 PM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: Dornil]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
I will probably regret this

No one is going to have a go at you for voicing your opinion as long as it's done honestly and in good faith, rather than by asking rhetorical questions in an effort to be sarcastic as some have done.

If you look at Rise of Flight in it's prime, the game cost around £25 and then additional aircraft cost around £4 to £5 each and another £2 for each, if you wanted the add-ons. That's well over £100 if you only bought even half of the aircraft.

WOFF BHAH II has 80 flyable aircraft and you get them all with the one purchase. Add in the unequalled immersion into being a pilot in WW1 and to be honest I think £50 odd is not bad at all.

OBD have essentially built a whole new game around the WOFF framework. The improved aircraft, landscaping, FM and DM and all the other improvements have taken WOFF to a whole new level.

OBD have already confirmed more aircraft and other stuff will come once they've worked on WOTR and those aircraft and add ons will only be available to work on BHAH II I would imagine.

So my purchase of BHAH II is an investment in the future of WOFF as much as the massive improvements in the new version.

The choice is always with the punter but for me, it was a no brainer.

"A great deal of an aeroplane could be holed without affecting its ability to fly. Wings and fuselage could be—and often were—pierced in 50 places, missing the occupants by inches (blissfully unaware of how close it had come until they returned to base). Then the sailmaker would carefully cover each hole with a square inch of Irish linen frayed at the edges and with a brushful of dope make our aircraft 'serviceable' again within an hour."
#4563454 - 04/09/21 07:00 PM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: Dornil]  
olddog Offline
olddog  Offline

england
It is ok if you are working and have a good income, myself I am 77 and on state pension I have supported WOFF from the beginning but now this is beyond me so I will just stick to what I have.

I did put up a post asking the cost in the UK and it turned out it is £52.00 at the end of the day my wife and I need the heating more than I need BHAH 11.

Thank you Dornil for asking the question, now I am going to put the cat amongst the pigeons after all is not BHAH 11 just a revamped basic 20th century flight sim ok a very good one.

#4563455 - 04/09/21 07:02 PM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: Dornil]  
epower Offline
Artless Aide-de-camp
epower  Offline
Artless Aide-de-camp

Yes I am. I think Albert covered the salient points so I won't embellish.

I'll only add this:

WOFF/BHaH2 is 1 of 1. It's a Unicorn. There's no other product on Earth that does what it does.

Quality costs money, and for my money BHaH2 is well worth it, and would be so at an even higher price.

#4563456 - 04/09/21 07:05 PM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: Dornil]  
Trooper117 Online smile
Hotshot
Trooper117  Online Smile
Hotshot

UK
The OP already has a great game... He has WoFF PE, as we all do I suspect. He can still have years of enjoyment with it if he doesn't like the idea of spending more money.
Me, I trust OBD when they say it's essentially a new game, that, and seeing all the screenshots and videos of what was on offer.
I bought into BH&H2 and I haven't been disappointed... it has so many improvements I would have kicked myself if I didn't buy it... I'm one happy customer biggrin

#4563457 - 04/09/21 07:09 PM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: Dornil]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Everyone is absolutely right to choose to buy or not by when its right for them. If something is not worth it to them, it's their money and only they have the right to decide that. Fully agreed.

I simply challenge the idea that when OBD charged less money and delivered more content, that was the less fair way to do it and when 1C charged more money and delivered less content, that was the better or fairer deal.

Last edited by Hellshade; 04/09/21 07:11 PM.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4563464 - 04/09/21 07:38 PM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: Dornil]  
LtCasey Offline
LtCasey  Offline

Darmstadt, Germany
I'll throw my hat in the Ring,too.

I perfectly understand the concerns you, Dornil have.

One month ago, I bought WOFF UE, with a DVD and PE. Just to realize a few days later, that BH&H2 is about to released. OK, I could have wait for BH&H2. my fault.

I have had other OBD products before, and they were all worth the money. I happily support OBD with my purchases because developers with this attitude to quality are very rare.

For the math of ROF, I spend way more from 2009 on this, as 60€, all the Planes, maps and addons, you know it by yourself. WOFF PE is a great Sim, you dont need BH&H2.

All the development done for the last Iteration has its price. It was Just to much for a simple addon. Look at the features list. The AI ist nearly brilliant, compared to ROF, its genius! That is just one example.
Look at it and compare it to ROF, or IL2 FC.

And the best at least! This community! It is priceless, warm, mature and welcoming. You can still Join the DID campaign with WOFF PE or any other Iteration and no one would judge you about it. Or all the other campaigns. Its perfectly fine to wait for a sale. How and when do you buy BH&H2 is Up to you, but my recommondation is, NOW!

Hope to See you in the skies and your Posts and pics here!

Last edited by LtCasey; 04/09/21 07:43 PM.

"What the hell do I care, I know I got them!" Raul Lufberry

AMD Guy! Ryzen 5 3600, 5700xt, 32gb RAM, 2x nvsme Samsung 250gb (system) 500gb (Game) +100gb Backup Corsair ssd. Watercooled. Win 10 64bit.
#4563466 - 04/09/21 07:41 PM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: Dornil]  
77_Scout Offline
77_Scout  Offline

Vancouver Island, Canada
If you have the UE/PE version of WOFF then you have an excellent sim that will provide endless hours of enjoyment. Getting BHaH2 is for me, honestly, a 'luxury' purchase. I could happily stick with the older version ... two weeks ago UE/PE was a truly fantastic flight sim and that doesn't change just because something new comes out. Have fun, then get the newer version later when it goes on sale or you want to treat yourself. All good!

#4563467 - 04/09/21 07:42 PM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: olddog]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Originally Posted by olddog
It is ok if you are working and have a good income, myself I am 77 and on state pension I have supported WOFF from the beginning but now this is beyond me so I will just stick to what I have.

I did put up a post asking the cost in the UK and it turned out it is £52.00 at the end of the day my wife and I need the heating more than I need BHAH 11.

Thank you Dornil for asking the question, now I am going to put the cat amongst the pigeons after all is not BHAH 11 just a revamped basic 20th century flight sim ok a very good one.

Are you flying PE at the moment Olddog? Is so you’ve still got an incredible sim. Could you put a little aside each week until your ready to purchase? ( I’m certainly not here to tell you what to spend your pension on). Whatever you choose to do I sincerely hope you have fun flying.

We will remember them.
#4563506 - 04/10/21 12:42 AM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: Dornil]  
Wodin Offline
Wodin  Offline

Liverpool

More than happy, worth every penny.

#4563534 - 04/10/21 09:46 AM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: Dornil]  
lederhosen Offline
lederhosen  Offline

Germany
just wait.....

let others find the bugs. wait for the patch's. Wait for any mods.

And then one day it will be on sale anyway. Thats what I'm going to do (but then I'm not flying at the mo)

make mistakes and learn from them

I5 4440 3.1Ghz, Asrock B85m Pro3, Gtx 1060 3GB
#4563563 - 04/10/21 02:05 PM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: Dornil]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Everyone has a comfort level and a budget regarding buying things. No one is forcing anyone to change from what they have.

WOFF BH&H II has an extensive range of NEW features and improvements - only a fraction of which are really covered in the features list if we look into the detail of these new additions.

It took 18 months round the clock work we think it's a decent price for what is in there compared to many other sims out there. We cannot even list the massive amount of features in WOFF.

We believe the all round experience now is superb in BH&H II- and is above many other sims (even "AAA" titles) in scope, detail, immersion and more.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4563565 - 04/10/21 02:18 PM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: Dornil]  
Burning_Beard Online content
Burning_Beard  Online Content

Red Bluff, CA
Well having just flown a few missions, I can say it is well worth the money. The new ground textures are worth it alone, and then add in all the upgraded eye-candy, like the improved cockpits and other things I have not had a chance to notice yet it is all a plus. Of course the engine vibration/rocker animation, improved charging handle animation, muzzle flares when flying at dusk or dawn (just saw this the first time in a quick combat), rain on the goggles, increased aircraft activity in furballs (which is absolutely insane). The AI seem to be more aggressive (or it may be there are so many more of them), make it all worth more than the price.

Beard

Last edited by Burning_Beard; 04/10/21 02:20 PM.

More Scotch and Stogies for my Wingman!
#4563594 - 04/10/21 03:55 PM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: Dornil]  
Macklroy Offline
Macklroy  Offline

in my opinion (from my point of view) it's worth more than $60.
This type of sim and the dedication that the very small dev team have toward their project is hard to find. On top of that, its a great product!

I enjoy ROF and the new IL 'flying circus'. But this sim has aspects/features that those games don't even scratch the surface of.

Quite simply. BH&H II has gameplay in a sim that I can't find anywhere else.
If any part of my $60 helps keep a project like this alive, then it's definitely worth way more than that to me. smile

#4563597 - 04/10/21 04:20 PM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: Dornil]  
Asam71 Offline
Asam71  Offline

Valladolid

You all seem to be part of the business. The changes incorporated by BH & HII do not justify paying $ 60.
Since they mention ROF, every 2 months or so it makes 75% offers. FC less frequently, but also offers 75% offers. They mention that WOFF has 80 aircraft, but in reality they are variants of the same aircraft - the reality is that ROF has more models. WOFF boasts content, and does not have a dauphin, a Pfalz XII etc. ??.
It is not fair to compare it with other video games, we are talking about flight simulators. DCS, Cliff of Dover, Il2 BOS, incorporate regular updates of the game, improvements in all aspects of various gbs, and do not ask for more money to download them. Money is requested to incorporate a new scenario. Aircraft package and missions and campaigns for that new scenario. OBD asks for a lot of money for small modifications. They are within their rights, but it seems to me a way to deceive customers. I don't care what attacks I get from you. I know that I am right.
Greetings.

#4563599 - 04/10/21 04:43 PM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: Dornil]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Asam this isn’t the 1st time you’ve posted in different threads regarding cost. I understand that English isn’t your native language but..Do you think that those of us that have purchased are stupid enough not to know what we are paying for? Yes it is ok to compare to other video games because..that’s what it is a video game.

You mention DCS haha you mean the DCS that charges £64.99 for one plane or £40 for a single map. Or FC that has 10 flyables.., So if you want to compare then....

Deceive customers?? Absolute nonsense..How have we been deceived? Please tell me? The devs haven’t said oh..your getting this extra map and these extra planes and then pulled them at release have they? No ones been deceived in any way whatsoever. "You don’t care what attacks” you get..okay fair enough. I’m not going to do that but don’t go moaning if that’s what you get. “I know that I’m right” ..No your not, not in my opinion I don’t think anything you wrote is right but like I said that’s my opinion and you have yours.

You fly PE? Great carry on flying it’s a great sim. But don’t come on here telling me I’m “part of the business” I earn and choose to spend my money on what I like when I like..

Regards

We will remember them.
#4563600 - 04/10/21 04:44 PM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: Asam71]  
trustworthykebab Offline
trustworthykebab  Offline

Asam, in all honesty, looking at your posts in here, it seems that you just saw some screenshots and asked "are the goggle effects worth 60 bucks?" Have you even tried it? Your opinion seems to be extremely superficial, but it is your opinion after all, so who am I to judge it?

Last edited by trustworthykebab; 04/10/21 04:45 PM.
#4563602 - 04/10/21 04:52 PM Re: Pricing policy... [Re: Dornil]  
Macklroy Offline
Macklroy  Offline

Then don't buy the game Asam....but why come attack those of us who do think that it is worth it? Seems unproductive.
I believe this game is the best wwi combat flight sim on the market (again, my opinion). So to me it is worth the money to support the dev team that creates it.

You have made up your mind and you are entitled to it. Have a great day.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM