Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 30 of 30 1 2 28 29 30
#4563407 - 04/09/21 04:20 PM Re: WOFF BH&H2 thread (Was WOFF2021 Thread) [Re: Dryjo]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Originally Posted by Dryjo
Hi guys, a few quick questions to whoever have figured them out already.

- how do you assign keys to lower/raise Lewis for reloading or is it the same button as for Attempt unjam?
-the new ingame is swell, however, is there a way how to zoom and pan it around in mission? The default unzoomed version is not helpful unfortunately.

Thank you!

The keys are already assigned, if you uninstalled the previous WOFF properly.
As per the website Support page;

" New key commands in WOFF BH&H II:
CTRL+G = Lower Lewis Gun
SHIFT+G = Raise Lewis Gun
CTRL+Shift+G = Reload Lewis Gun

These are needed now as BH&H II has a new feature to allow more realistic ammo usage in the Lewis gun. Once a drum with its 97 rounds (or 47 in the early version) is empty you need to reload. If the aircraft has a Foster mount which allows lowering of the gun you must do that before attempting to reload. SE5, SE5a, SE5a Viper and Nieuport 17 Lewis have this. Others are fixed (e.g. Nieuport 11, 12 etc) so you can simply reload. Note in real life pilots stood up on the seat to do that! "

zoom ; use the [ ] or the mouse look zoom with middle button (see the FAQ),

Last edited by Polovski; 04/09/21 07:43 PM. Reason: Fixed typo

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4563462 - 04/09/21 07:26 PM Re: WOFF BH&H2 thread (Was WOFF2021 Thread) [Re: Hellshade]  
epower Offline
Artless Aide-de-camp
epower  Offline
Artless Aide-de-camp

Pol - My version came with Shift-G to raise the Lewis. As an experiment, I attempted to assign CTRL-G to 'Raise Lewis Gun. The WOFFkeys program would not allow me to do so since CTRL-G was already assigned.

#4563468 - 04/09/21 07:44 PM Re: WOFF BH&H2 thread (Was WOFF2021 Thread) [Re: Hellshade]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Yes sorry that was a typo. Shift+G corrected.

Regards,

Polovski,
#4563560 - 04/10/21 01:57 PM Re: WOFF BH&H2 thread (Was WOFF2021 Thread) [Re: Polovski]  
Mike Dora Offline
Mike Dora  Offline

USA (transplanted Scot)
First of all, many complements to the WOFF team. When I first heard of the plan for a “WOFF 2021”, I found it hard to believe that it could improve much on WOFF PE.

How wrong I was! This latest incarnation runs silky-smooth, is a delight to look at (_love_ the scenery!) and has some excellent new features. All I probably need now for full immersion is a 6-DOF seat and a fan to blow my silk scarf wink

Do have one query though.Was pleased to read this:

[/quote]

New key commands in WOFF BH&H II:
CTRL+G = Lower Lewis Gun
SHIFT+G = Raise Lewis Gun
CTRL+Shift+G = Reload Lewis Gun

[/quote]

But it doesn’t work for me, whether I try the left or right CTRL or SHIFT keys. Interestingly also I can’t “commit suicide” with CTRL-SHIFT-K (had to try!), and I can’t find the above-mentioned Lewis Gun action keys in the WOFFKEY.exe program (but the suicide key is there).

BTW I did uninstall the old WOFF PE installation before installing WOFF BHH II.

Advice please?

Cheers
Stay Well

Mike

#4563564 - 04/10/21 02:08 PM Re: WOFF BH&H2 thread (Was WOFF2021 Thread) [Re: Hellshade]  
AceMedic88 Offline
AceMedic88  Offline

Niagara Falls, NY
Mike...you have to hold CTRL + G until it slides all the way down, and the same to raise it. I thought I just had to do the button combo quick and it would lower automatically, but you have to hold the combo.

I got fired as the door man at a sperm bank.
Apparently it's in poor taste to tell leaving customers "Thanks for coming."

Former U.S. Army Medic - SGT.
#4563566 - 04/10/21 02:20 PM Re: WOFF BH&H2 thread (Was WOFF2021 Thread) [Re: Hellshade]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

As AceMedic says you have to hold both keys down, CTRL and G, for some time, and ONLY works on SE5x series, and N17 Lewis (i.e. with the foster mount).
Stick the TAC on (and make sure the advisor is enabled CTRL+T) and he will tell you to lower gun if needed.

Regards,

Polovski,
#4563604 - 04/10/21 04:54 PM Re: WOFF BH&H2 thread (Was WOFF2021 Thread) [Re: Polovski]  
Mike Dora Offline
Mike Dora  Offline

USA (transplanted Scot)
Thanks Polovski,

Re-tried it as you suggest. Still no joy.

I’m wondering if the uninstall of the previous version was not fully effective, leaving a “legacy” WOFF PE keylist lurking somewhere? This suspicion generated by a) after uninstalling using Win10 Control Panel/Programs and Features, there were still many(maybe all) files in the old WOFF PE directory, and b) I can’t find any of the Lewis gun reloading key combinations in the Keylist.exe program.

Short of a further uninstall/reinstall, is there anything I can do/anywhere I should be looking?

Thanks

Mike

PS a very big shout-out for whomever did all the colourised pics of WW1 ac, they really bring those machines and their crews to life. Can verify their authenticity, as volunteer groundcrew at Old Rhinebeck I’ve helped drag around the corresponding modern replicas (the Albatros DVa is blasted heavy!)

#4563618 - 04/10/21 05:28 PM Re: WOFF BH&H2 thread (Was WOFF2021 Thread) [Re: Hellshade]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

I'll be doing support in CA shortly, rather than here. You must use the WOFFToolbox to uninstall Mike.

However to avoid that un-install and reinstall, to get a default BH&H II key setup.. you could try go to "Re Map Keys/Controllers" in workshop to configure your keys again by using "reset all to default" in the "Wings Over Flanders Fields Function Bindings" tool (top right area). Save.
Of course that would wipe any controller settings you have and you'd have to re configure.. You could backup your old, probably incorrect, WOFFkeys.xca found in
C:\Users\<YOUR_LOGON_NAME>\AppData\Roaming\OBD_Games\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields first in case.

Actually Mike, send me your old WOFFkeys.xca in support email, and I'll have a quick look.

Last edited by Polovski; 04/10/21 07:22 PM.

Regards,

Polovski,
#4563633 - 04/10/21 06:32 PM Re: WOFF BH&H2 thread (Was WOFF2021 Thread) [Re: Hellshade]  
orbyxP Offline
orbyxP  Offline

Washington State
Just wanted to drop by and say thanks OBD for another outstanding product.

For anyone on the fence about purchasing BH&HII, then know that this is not an upgraded PE. This IS a new sim... period. OBD have done an outstanding job.

I was a bit skeptical at first when I saw the screenshots and videos thinking it was the same as PE, but it's not. Those screenshots and videos of BH&HII do not convey the whole picture, you really need to experience it to see the changes.

#4563652 - 04/10/21 08:08 PM Re: WOFF BH&H2 thread (Was WOFF2021 Thread) [Re: Mike Dora]  
Rick_Rawlings Offline
Rick_Rawlings  Offline

Originally Posted by Mike Dora
Thanks Polovski,

Re-tried it as you suggest. Still no joy.

I’m wondering if the uninstall of the previous version was not fully effective, leaving a “legacy” WOFF PE keylist lurking somewhere? This suspicion generated by a) after uninstalling using Win10 Control Panel/Programs and Features, there were still many(maybe all) files in the old WOFF PE directory, and b) I can’t find any of the Lewis gun reloading key combinations in the Keylist.exe program.

Short of a further uninstall/reinstall, is there anything I can do/anywhere I should be looking?

Thanks

Mike

PS a very big shout-out for whomever did all the colourised pics of WW1 ac, they really bring those machines and their crews to life. Can verify their authenticity, as volunteer groundcrew at Old Rhinebeck I’ve helped drag around the corresponding modern replicas (the Albatros DVa is blasted heavy!)

This happened to me at first, the keybind options weren't even there, as you noted. I then uninstalled using the toolbox tool, clicked the delete WOFF in registry button, deleted any other folders I could find that were OBD related, turned off my computer, sacrificed a new-in-the-box Core i5-10600K processor to the digital gods by fire, started back up and reinstalled and it worked! You could try some of those and see if they work, I think you might be on to something with that "legacy" install.

The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...
#4563770 - 04/11/21 01:29 PM Re: WOFF BH&H2 thread (Was WOFF2021 Thread) [Re: Polovski]  
Mike Dora Offline
Mike Dora  Offline

USA (transplanted Scot)
Thanks Polovski for all your help.

I just adopted RR’s solution, complete WOFF uninstall using WOFFToolbox, complete reinstall, and Lo! everything now works as it’s supposed to.

That Lewis/Foster reloading process is pretty nifty!

Cheers
Stay Well

Mike

#4563776 - 04/11/21 01:50 PM Re: WOFF BH&H2 thread (Was WOFF2021 Thread) [Re: Hellshade]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Ah OK Mike great, best way really. I did send you an .xca to try but too late!

Regards,

Polovski,
#4563890 - 04/12/21 08:04 AM Re: WOFF BH&H2 thread (Was WOFF2021 Thread) [Re: Hellshade]  
Dryjo Offline
Dryjo  Offline

Prague, CZ
Hi guys,

Pol - thanks to your suggestion, I have uninstalled and made a clean install of BHAH and now Lewis is working, thank you.

One more question though, there is a button that makes you look through the gunsight directly, I forgot, how it is called, can you guys please let me know?

Thank you!

"Per aspera ad astra!"
#4563895 - 04/12/21 08:45 AM Re: WOFF BH&H2 thread (Was WOFF2021 Thread) [Re: Dryjo]  
Hermani Offline
Hermani  Offline

Aalter, Belgium
Originally Posted by Dryjo
Hi guys,

Pol - thanks to your suggestion, I have uninstalled and made a clean install of BHAH and now Lewis is working, thank you.

One more question though, there is a button that makes you look through the gunsight directly, I forgot, how it is called, can you guys please let me know?

Thank you!

Hi Dryjo, I think the view you are looking for is gunsight view. You can toggle between normal cockpit view and gunsight with the F6 key.
Hope this helps you further.

#4563897 - 04/12/21 08:51 AM Re: WOFF BH&H2 thread (Was WOFF2021 Thread) [Re: Hermani]  
Dryjo Offline
Dryjo  Offline

Prague, CZ
Thank you! I hope it is called like that, I am afraid, it isn't. I want to remap that control, so I need to find how it is called, but will look for this once more in the evening.

"Per aspera ad astra!"
#4563952 - 04/12/21 04:57 PM Re: WOFF BH&H2 thread (Was WOFF2021 Thread) [Re: Hellshade]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

It's called "Goto Pilot Seat"
Toggles/cycles through pilot views (2nd of which is usually the gunsight).

Regards,

Polovski,
#4563997 - 04/12/21 09:07 PM Re: WOFF BH&H2 thread (Was WOFF2021 Thread) [Re: Hellshade]  
stoney66 Offline
stoney66  Offline

Danville, Indiana
WOFF BH&H is THE gold standard. It may be improved, but it will NEVER be bettered.

#4564068 - 04/13/21 12:02 PM Re: WOFF BH&H2 thread (Was WOFF2021 Thread) [Re: Hellshade]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Thanks stoney66 wink

Regards,

Polovski,
Page 30 of 30 1 2 28 29 30

Moderated by  Polovski