Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4563282 - 04/08/21 11:37 PM Re: I did a benchmark comparison PE vs BH&H II [Re: Redwolf]  
Panama Red Offline
Panama Red  Offline

Irmo, SC, USA
My same mod that is used to increase the FPS and scenery for PE also works for BH&H II, because I have been testing it today to see if there were any problems , (none so far).

You can find the mod over at Sandbaggers Mod center.

CPU = i9 11900K
GPU = RTX 3080 Ti
Monitor = ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQX 2160p G-sync
#4563286 - 04/08/21 11:47 PM Re: I did a benchmark comparison PE vs BH&H II [Re: Redwolf]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Originally Posted by Redwolf
Originally Posted by Wodin
to sum up did you find BHAH2 faster?

Nope. I personally lost 26.5% fps - but please see original post for methodology/rationale/procedure/detailed results, etc.

https://combatace.com/forums/topic/95993-benchmark-comparisons-bhh-ii-vs-pe/

And I thought the developers called CombatAce their old/new home? -- well, Winder posts there now anyway (and Pol seems to travel back-and-forth). idk, I am drifting back-and-forth too, lol.

When you mention this Redwolf can you just qualify this please, i.e. explain clearly that although you lost 25% part of that must be due to the fact you had a modded PE with lower quality faster configs, and compared it to a stock BH&H II with no mod.

I am here sometimes. Just trying to smooth the launch with issues popping up, but will be here less.
We ask people post in the Tech forum over at CA so we can see it better rather than checking various places like Facebook, emails etc.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4563315 - 04/09/21 01:54 AM Re: I did a benchmark comparison PE vs BH&H II [Re: Polovski]  
Redwolf Offline
Redwolf  Offline

Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
Uggh, that is why I referenced the original post and told people to go look and read. Nothing is hidden. And indeed I explained in here that I wanted to compare exactly what I had to exactly what I was getting - for better or for worse (and hoping it would also be useful/of interest to some). Kinda hate going back and forth, tbh.

But yes, I guess I get your concern seeing that and a random user not bothering to read the detail and just see 26% loss, so I get ya, Pol.

To spell it out here (though I do wish everyone interested to look at the full post over at combat ace (referenced in this thread) - testing was done with identical workshop settings in each version, however, my PE that I was testing it against also was utilizing VonS GPU tuner (as specified in original post).

Btw, there is now an update with more results to the original - as I have now tested my PE vs a modded BH&H II that has the identical tuner in place -- results were a 10% general loss in fps vs. PE (again, please see combat ace for details).

Win10/ i5-7600/ 16GB RAM/ GTX1660 Super
#4563365 - 04/09/21 12:30 PM Re: I did a benchmark comparison PE vs BH&H II [Re: Panama Red]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Originally Posted by Panama Red
My same mod that is used to increase the FPS and scenery for PE also works for BH&H II, because I have been testing it today to see if there were any problems , (none so far).

I think there’s also Some Ambient sounds lost in your mod PR,? VonS reports that in his Tuner mod sounds are lost..cheers

Quote from VonS “ BHAH.II (total of 18 or 19), when compared with the 11 or so scrape-point entries in UE/PE WOFF. Scrape points provide ambient rumbling sounds and other goodies when taxiing, ascending, alighting, etc.“

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4563367 - 04/09/21 12:33 PM Re: I did a benchmark comparison PE vs BH&H II [Re: Redwolf]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Originally Posted by Redwolf

... To spell it out here (though I do wish everyone interested to look at the full post over at combat ace (referenced in this thread) - testing was done with identical workshop settings in each version, however, my PE that I was testing it against also was utilizing VonS GPU tuner (as specified in original post).

Btw, there is now an update with more results to the original - as I have now tested my PE vs a modded BH&H II that has the identical tuner in place -- results were a 10% general loss in fps vs. PE (again, please see combat ace for details).

Yes that was the idea, the fact it had a mod seemed lost in the thread. Indeed the newer test is a better one.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4563368 - 04/09/21 12:35 PM Re: I did a benchmark comparison PE vs BH&H II [Re: Redwolf]  
Wodin Offline
Wodin  Offline

Liverpool
Strange I'm getting no obvious performance drop, honestly feels smoother.

#4563377 - 04/09/21 01:02 PM Re: I did a benchmark comparison PE vs BH&H II [Re: Redwolf]  
Burning_Beard Offline
Burning_Beard  Offline

Red Bluff, CA
I think the difference is there is a lot more going on. When starting a career, I have noticed on the first mission (when you are usually the last to take off) there are a ton of planes taking off. Before it would be a 20 or so second wait (use as before. the flight instructor, it tells you how long to wait to take off, what altitude to fly, etc) and now it can be close to 40 seconds, with the planes taking off at the same roll speed. So, more going on (goggles, vibration, sheer number of aircraft) slower frame rates.

More Scotch and Stogies for my Wingman!
#4563401 - 04/09/21 03:56 PM Re: I did a benchmark comparison PE vs BH&H II [Re: Adger]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Originally Posted by Adger

I think there’s also Some Ambient sounds lost in your mod PR,? VonS reports that in his Tuner mod sounds are lost..cheers

Quote from VonS “ BHAH.II (total of 18 or 19), when compared with the 11 or so scrape-point entries in UE/PE WOFF. Scrape points provide ambient rumbling sounds and other goodies when taxiing, ascending, alighting, etc.“

These involve different files, Adger. PR's mod has to do with textures, while VonS mod is all about FM's, so PR's mod shouldn't effect scrape points or sound effects at all.

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”
#4563402 - 04/09/21 03:58 PM Re: I did a benchmark comparison PE vs BH&H II [Re: Burning_Beard]  
Redwolf Offline
Redwolf  Offline

Originally Posted by Burning_Beard
. So, more going on (goggles, vibration, sheer number of aircraft) slower frame rates.

+ Sharper, more detailed landscape, more sounds - both internal and ambient, more AI to the AI (and aircraft model adjustments too I believe)...

And yes, it is indeed smoother (not while panning in mouse view mode, however (very unfortunate for me) in my case) - they have done miracles to reduce/eliminate stutter that existed previously in PE! yep
If you have a high end system, you may not even notice a fps hit vs PE. - but it will impact others depending on their systems and settings. It is a bloody wonderful new edition though! cheers

#4563412 - 04/09/21 04:39 PM Re: I did a benchmark comparison PE vs BH&H II [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Originally Posted by BuckeyeBob

These involve different files, Adger. PR's mod has to do with textures, while VonS mod is all about FM's, so PR's mod shouldn't effect scrape points or sound effects at all.

Ahh my bad Bob, I See PR has 2 mods available, which one is used mate? BT FPS or Scenery improvement mod ..cheers Bob

We will remember them.
#4563419 - 04/09/21 05:01 PM Re: I did a benchmark comparison PE vs BH&H II [Re: Redwolf]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
No worries. Glad I could help!

(BTW, sympathies to all our Commonwealth brethren on the loss of Prince Philip--with the exception of any of the anti-Royalists out there)!

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”
#4563424 - 04/09/21 05:25 PM Re: I did a benchmark comparison PE vs BH&H II [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
Redwolf Offline
Redwolf  Offline

Originally Posted by BuckeyeBob
Originally Posted by Adger

No, I see there is some confusion. VonS had different mods available - some of which are purely FM's (which do effect the sounds when used for BH&H II as there are triggers in the FM's for the sounds), however VonS also has a set of GPU tuner mods - and these have zero bearing on the sound and are entirely different.

#4563426 - 04/09/21 05:30 PM Re: I did a benchmark comparison PE vs BH&H II [Re: Redwolf]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Thank you Redwolf for the clarification, and you are entirely correct - the FM mods., which are incompatible with BHAH.II (because of extra scrape point entries included in the new xfms across all aircraft in BHAH.II) - contain the old scrape points from the UE/PE variants of WOFF - thus the incompatibility.

My GPU Tuner Patches (both for WOFF UE/PE, and also for WOTR Phase One) - do not include anything remotely related to FMs or scrape points.

By the way Redwolf, if you will eventually be testing my WOTR GPU Tuner Patch in BHAH.II - make sure, before loading via JSGME, to swap the preload.xml file in the WOTR Tuner with the preload.xml file located in the WOFF Tuner - since the preload.xml file in the WOTR Tuner is for WOTR only. And as well make the necessary directory name changes in the WOTR Tuner so it loads correctly in BHAH.II, prior to testing.

Cheers all and happy flying,
Von S smile2

Last edited by VonS; 04/10/21 03:43 AM. Reason: Edited post.

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4563427 - 04/09/21 05:31 PM Re: I did a benchmark comparison PE vs BH&H II [Re: Redwolf]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Yeah my bad,apologies if I misinformed anyone. cheers

We will remember them.
#4563428 - 04/09/21 05:33 PM Re: I did a benchmark comparison PE vs BH&H II [Re: VonS]  
Redwolf Offline
Redwolf  Offline

Originally Posted by VonS

By the way Redwolf, if you will eventually be testing my WOTR GPU Tuner Patch in BHAH.II - make sure, before loading via JSGME, to swap the preload.xml file in the WOTR Tuner with the preload.xml file located in the WOFF Tuner - since the preload.xml file in the WOTR Tuner is for WOTR only. And as well make the necessary directory name changes in the WOTR Tuner so it loads correctly in BHAH.II, prior to testing.

Yes indeed I noticed that and will have everything ship-shape before I eject them. Might be a while though as I don't have as much free time today or tomorrow. We'll see.

#4563433 - 04/09/21 05:50 PM Re: I did a benchmark comparison PE vs BH&H II [Re: Redwolf]  
Panama Red Offline
Panama Red  Offline

Irmo, SC, USA
Use the one for PE, the UE version is for UE, not PE / BHaH II. It's titled Scenery, but it it handles Scenery, BT elimination and FPS all in one without touching all the other items that VonS changes in his mod.

CPU = i9 11900K
GPU = RTX 3080 Ti
Monitor = ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQX 2160p G-sync
#4563437 - 04/09/21 05:53 PM Re: I did a benchmark comparison PE vs BH&H II [Re: Panama Red]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Use the one for PE, the UE version is for UE, not PE / BHaH II. It's titled Scenery, but it it handles Scenery, BT elimination and FPS all in one without touching all the other items that VonS changes in his mod.

Thank you PR cheers

We will remember them.
#4563441 - 04/09/21 06:08 PM Re: I did a benchmark comparison PE vs BH&H II [Re: Panama Red]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

...without touching all the other items that VonS changes in his mod.

Just a brief heads up for all who are following this thread - please see Redwolf's clarification above, and also my response, regarding the FM Mods and GPU Tuner Patches. My GPU Tuner Patches (for WOFF/WOTR) were tested on AMD-vid cards only, while I am assuming that PR tested his on nVidia. Redwolf is currently carrying out further tests to determine compatibility between my Tuner Patches and BHAH.II. While it is true that my FM Mods touch other items too - my Tuner Patches are strictly FPS-related, scenery/stuttering-related, and also eliminate the BT problem sometimes seen with video tearing. One of the other things that my Tuner Patches dispensed with was the unwritten rule that only odd-numbered values or even-numbered values should be used in the various ring dim entries across the various texture, composite, budgets, etc. files. I often mix/oscillate between even and odd values in the relevant xfm files of my Tuner Patches. Many thanks to PR for his patches that were, a few yrs. back, the inspiration for my own Tuner Patches.

(Further note: my WOFF GPU Tuner patch was only tested on the PE variant of WOFF, not in UE. Those who still have a glorious ver. 4.18 installed somewhere deep on their hard-drives, last ver. that was SweetFX compatible, are recommended to see the manual xfm file tweaks for texture improvement, FPS improvement, etc., listed under the long "WOFF on a Mac" thread - those manual tweaks do not fully eliminate BTs in UE ver. 4.18, but they do reduce them to a minimum, while enhancing things like field textures, grass textures, and so on. One of these days when I find more free time I will maybe tinker more with that too - the GPU Tuner Patch may indeed be installed in UE 4.18, but it degrades graphics quality too noticeably for my taste, so I don't recommend it there.)

Cheers all,
Von S cheers

Last edited by VonS; 04/09/21 06:18 PM. Reason: Edited post.

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM