Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4506668 - 02/08/20 02:06 PM Nightfighter Ace, Air Defense Over Germany, 1943-44 (boardgame)  
Patrocles Offline
Hotshot
Patrocles  Offline
Hotshot

Chicagoland
Anyone here playing Nightfighter Ace, Air Defense Over Germany, 1943-44? I was going to find and order a copy of the boardgame this weekend. Too difficult to find ASLSK players in my neighborhood (all of them live way out in the suburbs) so I was looking at solo games to try out. Nightfighter Ace has very good reviews and scores on BGG. The other solo game that looks interesting is Zulu on the Ramparts where the player takes the role of defending Rorke's Drift against the games Zulu assault.

Nightfighter Ace, Air Defense Over Germany, 1943-44 is a solitaire, tactical level game which places you in command of a German Nightfighter during World War II. Each turn consists of several days, during which a combat mission will be flown from one of many bases in Europe, attempting to intercept incoming British Bombers. Nightfighter Ace is based on the popular, action-packed Hunters game system by Gregory M. Smith with a strong narrative around the pilot as you look to increase your prestige, earn skills, and rise in rank through promotion and receive awards.

The objective of the game is to conduct numerous sorties in the role of a German Nightfighter pilot and rack up kills. Pilots may use the experience gained to improve their odds of success by purchasing skills. As their prestige increases, they may request a transfer to other nightfighter bases in an attempt to get "closer to the action" or request a newer type of nightfighter. Awards and ace status help to narrate the player's eventual goal – to become the top nightfighter ace of the war.

—description from the publisher

https://www.compassgames.com/nightfighter-ace.html

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/242227/nightfighter-ace-air-defense-over-germany-1943-44

Animal Mother > Rambo+ChuckNorris
#4561484 - 03/27/21 03:03 PM Re: Nightfighter Ace, Air Defense Over Germany, 1943-44 (boardgame) [Re: Patrocles]  
Avimimus Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Avimimus  Offline
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan

Canada
Looks interesting.

"Never has so much been patched by so few for so many in so short a time." - W1ndy

Some odd mods

WWI aircraft guide

Survival!

#4563246 - 04/08/21 08:45 PM Re: Nightfighter Ace, Air Defense Over Germany, 1943-44 (boardgame) [Re: Patrocles]  
RedOneAlpha Offline
RedOneAlpha  Offline

LEGE
Originally Posted by Patrocles
Anyone here playing Nightfighter Ace, Air Defense Over Germany, 1943-44? I was going to find and order a copy of the boardgame this weekend. Too difficult to find ASLSK players in my neighborhood (all of them live way out in the suburbs) so I was looking at solo games to try out. Nightfighter Ace has very good reviews and scores on BGG. The other solo game that looks interesting is Zulu on the Ramparts where the player takes the role of defending Rorke's Drift against the games Zulu assault.

Nightfighter Ace, Air Defense Over Germany, 1943-44 is a solitaire, tactical level game which places you in command of a German Nightfighter during World War II. Each turn consists of several days, during which a combat mission will be flown from one of many bases in Europe, attempting to intercept incoming British Bombers. Nightfighter Ace is based on the popular, action-packed Hunters game system by Gregory M. Smith with a strong narrative around the pilot as you look to increase your prestige, earn skills, and rise in rank through promotion and receive awards.

The objective of the game is to conduct numerous sorties in the role of a German Nightfighter pilot and rack up kills. Pilots may use the experience gained to improve their odds of success by purchasing skills. As their prestige increases, they may request a transfer to other nightfighter bases in an attempt to get "closer to the action" or request a newer type of nightfighter. Awards and ace status help to narrate the player's eventual goal – to become the top nightfighter ace of the war.

—description from the publisher

https://www.compassgames.com/nightfighter-ace.html

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/242227/nightfighter-ace-air-defense-over-germany-1943-44

If you havent already, have a look at Enemy Coast Ahead (GMT). It´s a solitair game aswell. i have it, along with other air combat games (wargames), Birds of Prey (Ad Astra Games), Air War (SPI), Elusive Victory (GMT), Whistling Death (Clash of Arms Games). Check out my YouTube channel: Hex2RedOneAlpha.

Red

Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram DDR4, Sapphire Pulse AMD RX 6700 12GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2) 480GB + 960GB, 447GB SSD´s, Samsung G6 32" , Logitech G13, G502, Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Simagic Alpha Mini, and Formula Extreme FX, DC Simracing DC1 pedals, GT Omega ART cockpit, TrackIR 5.0.
AUDIO: Aiyima A07 Max, Topping E50 and L50 stack, Polk Audio Signature Elite ES20 , and Shennheiser HD 560s. DAP: Hiby R3, Hiby Seeds, and iBasso IT01, Sharp MD-MT 80H Minidisc.
#4579355 - 09/07/21 05:02 AM Re: Nightfighter Ace, Air Defense Over Germany, 1943-44 (boardgame) [Re: Patrocles]  
Witchy Woman Offline
Witchy Woman  Offline

usa
I have Zeppelin Raider: Imperial German Naval Airships, uses same system..

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.