Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4562465 - 04/04/21 02:14 PM Question on some Workshop settings.  
NotRelevant Offline
NotRelevant  Offline

Just some questions in regards to preference and what two given settings do:

1) Forced Encounters: High/Med/None. What do yall use?

2) What do AI Reduced Vision and AI Enhanced Skill Levels do, and is it better to have them on or off for more immersive gameplay?

PS:

I see an option for incendiary munition when flying a mission, but then I recall seeing somewhere it's actually an option to toggle tracers? Is it genuinely just tracers or do these have some kind of other impact besides.

Last edited by NotRelevant; 04/04/21 02:18 PM.

"Those who survive a long time on the battlefield start to think they're invincible.
I bet you do, too, Buddy."
#4562474 - 04/04/21 03:55 PM Re: Question on some Workshop settings. [Re: NotRelevant]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Try Here AI Reduced vision ect ..and here Forced Encounters mate, hope it helps cheers

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4562490 - 04/04/21 05:23 PM Re: Question on some Workshop settings. [Re: Adger]  
NotRelevant Offline
NotRelevant  Offline

Aye, it help a bit, aye. Cheers! Although tbh I'm also just curious what people have theirs set to.

"Those who survive a long time on the battlefield start to think they're invincible.
#4562506 - 04/04/21 06:42 PM Re: Question on some Workshop settings. [Re: NotRelevant]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Forced encounters - medium (since my air activity settings are at light, so it's nice compensation that way - I might turn it off if I set air activity to medium or heavy).

AI Reduced Vision - on (AI cannot see through clouds, fog, etc., with that toggled on).

AI Enhanced Skill Level - off (AI fight to the death if that setting is toggled on).

I leave the option on (default) for incendiary rounds (I think it helps with balloon busting, for igniting of balloons, Zepps, etc. - I don't think it is tied to frequency of visible tracer rounds - that can be taken care of via JJJ's various tracer round mods.).

TIP: leave Enhanced Skill Level for AI off, but modify the "individual fighter-v-fighter" entry of the simulation.xml file for WOFF PE/UE as follows:

fightThreshold="-2"
withdrawThreshold="-3"/>

The above changes give a little bit more stubbornness to the AI, so that they sometimes continue fighting even if lightly/moderately damaged - but will still try to escape if heavily damaged.

TIP 2 (as mentioned in the Wish List thread): modify the following line in the "Bumps" section of the simulation.xml file - to increase/decrease frequency of turbulence (other settings should be left alone from what I can gather since they are changed via JJJ's MultiMod wind settings; I will experiment further by removing the MultiMod in an old ver. 4.18 install of WOFF that I have and manually manipulating all entries under "Bumps" - will report back if I find something exciting there).

Relevant entry:

windSmoothPeriod_secs="5"

Default is 5 sec. periods, random, with no turbulence (set to about 2 if you like the constant vibrations of RoF; set to about 10 if you like bumps and smooth flying interspersed more evenly).

Cheers and happy tweaking,
Von S smile2

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4562517 - 04/04/21 08:15 PM Re: Question on some Workshop settings. [Re: VonS]  
NotRelevant Offline
NotRelevant  Offline

Noted, cheers for the helpful input!

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM